• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UU team, please RMT

I'll just get right to it then... Artwork is official Sugimori artwork, off of Bulbapedia.

ArtFuwaride.png

Drifblim @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
Nature: Timid (-Atk/ +Spd)
EVs: 12 Def/ 252 Sp Atk/ 244 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Hypnosis
- Destiny Bond

This set is explained on Smogon, most are. Basically, Hypnosis the first turn and hope I fall on Focus sash, with Unburden activated, I get a speed boost. If I think I can 0HKO with HP or SB, I try, if not, then I use Destiny Bond and take out a Pokemon. I put those extra EVs into Def because I didn't need extra EVs, and its Defense is so pathetic anyways.

053Persian.png

Persian @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly (-Sp Atk/ +Spd)
EVs: 4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
- Fake Out
- U-Turn
- Hypnosis
- Bite

Fake out first turn, if my opponent has no sleeping Pokemon/we aren't playing by sleep clause, I use Hypnosis, then I U-turn out. Will probably first come out after Drifblim, and run amock for free hits.

359Absol.png

Absol @ Scope Lens
Ability: Super luck
Nature: Adamant (-Sp Atk/ +Atk)
EVs: 36 HP/ 252 Atk/ 220 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Superpower

Crithax abuser numero uno. Swords dance, then sweep. Because of crit-high attacks, scope lens and super luck, I think I have a 1/4 or 1/3 chance of critical hit...

224Octillery.png

Octillery @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Nature: Modest (-Atk/ + Sp Atk)
EVs: 40 HP/ 252 Sp Atk/ 212 Spd
- Focus Energy
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Crithax abuser numero duo. Focus Energy and I have the same chance of critical hit as above iirc. With Sniper, I'm pretty sure nothing can survive...

091Cloyster.png

Cloyster @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armour
Nature: Careful (-Sp Atk/ +Sp Def)/ Impish (-Sp Atk/ +Def)
EVs: 252 HP/ 6 Atk/ 252 Sp Def
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Not so sure about the moves.... obviously my Phys wall and rest talker/status absorber/thingy. I can restalk for either more spikes or a rapid spin, so if they try and set up while I sleep, I can blow it away, or I can do like 1 damage or something.

ArtDainose.png

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature: Calm (-Atk/ +Sp Def)
EVs: 252 HP/ 168 Sp Def/ 88 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder wave
- Toxic
- Power Gem

My r0x0rz, I have duo statuses, but I have power gem so taunters don't screw me 10 ways to Sunday. Basically it.

Suggestions with reasons, constructive criticism, and please no flaming.

Zbynek

actually, I love UU pokemon, bcos it´s rly something other than OU and suprise attack is a very optional thing :)
I´d maybe even go with Nasty plot set on Persian :)
EDIT : now is see the good thing about Persian, sorry :)

UltimoVenusaur

DracoFist FTW
You sure do like to invest a lot of speed into slow Pokémon. Absol and Octillery both don't have the defenses to be able to withstand a strong hit, and neither one of them has the speed to outrun top UU threats. You might want to run with more T-Wave support. It might be better to run T-Wave on Octillery over Focus Energy. Better yet, you could use a Speed-passer. Try this guy on for size:

Scyther @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature, 252 EVs in Atk and Spd, 4 in HP
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor/Aerial Ace/U-Turn/Brick Break/Double Hit/Night Slash/Substitute
- X-Scissor/Aerial Ace/U-Turn/Brick Break/Double Hit/Night Slash/Substitute

The meat of the set is the first two moves. Of course, you need to have Rocks cleared off the field in order for the Sash to work, but other than that, damaging weather effects aren't as common in UU as they are in OU, and Scyther's immune to Spikes because of its secondary Flying type. It's a far more reliable way to get Absol and Octillery the speed they need to do their job.

masterleo

Order Up!
rock slide over power gem better power and pp

skip rest-sleep talk on closter it can't survie a hit any way

love Octillery I want one like that to

give Persian u-turn or something, anything over bite

Drifblim and Absol are cool nothing else to say

Son_of_Shadows

Claydol is a far better Rapid Spinner in UU than Cloyster. He's immune to Spikes, and resists Rocks. He also has respectable defenses. Cloyster on the other hand, loses 25% of its HP every time it has to come in to spin, and is at risk from Spikes and Toxic Spikes at well. Claydol > Cloyster.

UltimoVenusaur

DracoFist FTW
rock slide over power gem better power and pp

You do realize that he's running a -Atk nature on Probopass and thus would benefit more from having the special-based Power Gem, right? Also, Power Gem doesn't miss without any evasion modifiers. Rock Slide does.

skip rest-sleep talk on closter it can't survie a hit any way

It can survive a physical hit, not a special one. Big difference than what you said.

give Persian u-turn or something, anything over bite

Bite with a Technician boost is more powerful than Crunch and has a better side effect.

I think this is the point where I'm supposed to tell you that if you don't know how to rate a team, don't rate a team.

zm_

Just sifting through this team you are fighting weak with 4 out of 6 of your pokes weak to those attacks. The only direct switch in you have to any fighting attack is Drifblim and if you mispredict its all over with Stealth Rock rather common over in UU, which nullifies your sash.

To remedy this I suggest you replace Cloyster with Claydol as your rapid spinner.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 114 SpA
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball / Psychic / Toxic
- Shadow Ball / Psychic / Toxic

Mixed wall and spinner. I left Stealth Rock off as you have Probopass but if you do scrap it then put stealth rock on one of the last two slots. Psychic for fighters, shadow ball for other claydol who get an easy switch in and toxic for all round support. This basically comes down to preference.

Personally I like Absol but without speed he is rather useless. One way I have found to remedy this problem is to slap a Choice Scarf on him although you will need to in turn take off Swords Dance. Although for this team it may not be completely effective.

Maybe you could make your Absol into a Scyther that is a baton passer which was suggested a few posts up to pass speed to Octillery. If that is not you thing you can go for a faster or sturdier physical hitter. I suggest either Leafeon (faster) or Kingler (sturdier).

Kingler @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Return
- X-Scissor / Rock Slide / Brick Break

Crabhammer for STAB and the chance to get a critical hit, Return for those that resist water attacks. X-Scissor for those Grass pokes that you will attract, Rock Slide for Altaria and most other fliers, and Brick Break to knock down walls.

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Leaf Guard
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Return
- Quick Attack / X-Scissor / Synthesis

Pretty self explanitory. Leaf Blade for STAB, Return for those that resist Grass attacks. Quick attack to finish off those in red which with a salac boosts or weakened scarf users. X-Scissors for other grass types and Synthesis to heal your Life Orb recoil

Last edited: