• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UU team rate please

andy0000

Hey guys, please check out my UU team. This is my first UU team and I've been winning about 60%-70% of battles. Can anyone tell me if there are any holes in the team that I am not seeing? Thanks much

Team at a glance
609.gif
214.gif
233.gif
437.gif
169.gif
319.gif

Details

609.gif

Chandelure (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Chandelure is my fast special sweeper. Moveset provides good coverage for most types

214.gif

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Heracross is late-game physical sweeper and revenge killer. Scarf helps revenge kill. Moveset also for good coverage

233.gif

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Porygon2 is special tank(don't know the right term here. Tanking while using s. atk.). Really hard to kill and has the BoltBeam combo for coverage and tri-attack for anything else

437.gif

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Stealth Rocker + Wall. Has stealth rock setup + toxic. Gyro and Quake are so it isn't helpless against taunt

169.gif

Crobat (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 60 HP / 192 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic

Crobat is scout. Crobat has taunt to stop set-ups, u-turn to scout, toxic if it can survive the first hit, and roost for health regen

319.gif

Sharpedo (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Sharpedo is physical sweeper. Protect guarantees at least 1 spd boost and waterfall, crunch are STAB moves that go nearly unresisted in UU. Earthquake is for Empoleon which is the only one who resists both STAB moves

Please comment and provide suggestions or criticisms. Thanks all :)

-Andy
040.gif

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Considering it isn't holding Specs and it also has no way to remove its SAtk loss other than by switching, why not try Flamethrower over Overheat on Chandelure?

Flamethrower deals enough damage with that insane amounf of SAtk, you don't need to go overkill with Overheat (besides, it has worse accuracy & PP)

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Considering it isn't holding Specs and it also has no way to remove its SAtk loss other than by switching, why not try Flamethrower over Overheat on Chandelure?

Flamethrower deals enough damage with that insane amounf of SAtk, you don't need to go overkill with Overheat (besides, it has worse accuracy & PP)

This is a competitive battling team against other players on wifi, so I'd use Fire Blast > Flamethrower. Flamethrower is reserved for Pokemon like Blissey whose damage output would not be any better with Fire Blast. The difference between the two moves on Chandy is big. Just as an example, against 4 HP/0 SpD Volcarona with =nature, Fire Blast coming from 252 SpA and a neutral nature does 88.46% - 104.17% (a 37.5% Chance to OHKO) while Flamethrower does only 70.19% - 82.69%.