• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UU Teambuilding Competition

McDanger

UU Teambuilding Competition

Because the OU version of this is getting more activity, we will be starting a UU version. Rules will be the same, but in case you haven't checked it out

Rules

- You must use the given core for submitted teams
- Teams must include an import as well as a small description of the team
- Don't vote for teams until the set time.
- Don't vote for yourself
- Follow Smogons ban list

Banned Items

-Manectricite
-Medichamite
-Heracrossite
-Alakazamite

Past Cores

amoonguss.gif
+
slowbro.gif

Slowbro and Amoonguss are two very versitile pokemon, being know last generation for their defensive abilities with regenerator, allowing them to fit on both defensive teams or offensive teams using choice specs to catch threats for a lot of damage. With the new assault vest, both gain a lot more bulk, especially special defensive, maintaining a function similar to the choiced speced item.

Overall, both can be a nice part of a balanced team or bulky offensive team, being able to handle big threats like Mega Ampharos, Infernape, and Mega Aerodactyl

Winning Teams

450.png
508.png
612.png
080.png
591.png
169.png

Tormented's Sand Offensive - 7/21

Current Core

Round 2

absol-mega.gif
+
metagross.gif

Mega Absol is a monstrous wallbreaker, having a wide arsenal of moves including Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Psycho Cut, Superpower, and Play Rough, as well as its powerful dark stabs Knock Off and Sucker Punch, allowing nothing to really want to come into it. Furthering its support, Mega Absol also has Will o Wisp, allowing it to cripple walls as well as break stall with its ability Magic Bounce and its access to Swords Dance making it a deadly, albert weak, sweeper.

Metagross has massive bulk and access to Stealth Rocks and priority making it a nice defensive pivot, competing with Mega Aggron, but can also make use of the Assault Vest to cover its lower special defense. With powerful stab moves like Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt, as well as nice coverage with Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, and Earthquake, Metagross is an offensive juggernaut. Lastly, it has access to Agility, allowing it to bypass its low speed and go for a sweep with its nice bulk and good coverage.

Team submission ends the 26th, so have at it.

Last edited:
591.png
080.png
494.png
151.png
671.png
306-m.png

[spoil]Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 232 HP / 72 Atk / 128 SpD / 76 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- U-turn

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog
- Psychic

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Heavy Slam
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Rest

This is a stall team I built for this. It wasn't built around one Pokemon in particular, it was built around synergyzing around Slowbro and Amoonguss. To do so, I completed the FWG core with Stall Breaker Victini. This set combines offense with defense, allowing me to burn common switchins as well as 2HKO Florges. Taunt to shutdown Florges and other threats and U-Turn to pivot out. Mew is my Nidoking/Nidoqueen counter and my Defogger. I opt for Florges > Blissey as I am extremely weak to LO Mixed Hydreigon. Mega Aggron rounds out the synergy by being an amazing tank of any type as well as my SR setter.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-141788985
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-141791507[/spoil]​

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
amoonguss.gif
slowbro.gif
rotom-heat.gif
93996d1398809741-peaceful-giraffe-s-stats-flygon.gif
snorlax.gif
Spiritomb_XY.gif

Flygon
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Abillity: Levitate
Ev's: 252 Attack / 252 Spd / 4 Sp.def
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Defog
- U-turn

Rotom-H
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
Abillity: Levitate
Ev's: 252 Hp / 252 Spd / 4 Sp.def
- Overheat
- Will-o-wisp
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Slowbro
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Abillity: Regenerator
Ev's: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Sp.def
Iv's: 0 Spd
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Trick Room
- Toxic

Amoongus
Item: Black Sludge
Nature: Sassy
Abillity: Regenerator
Ev's: 252 Hp / 252 Sp.Def / 4 Def
Iv's: 31/31/31/31/31/0 Spd (HP ICE spread)
- Giga Drain
- Clear smog
- Hidden power Ice
- Spore

Snorlax
Item: Assault Vest
Nature: Brave
Abillity: Thick Fat
Ev's: 252 Attack / 148 Def / 108 Sp.def.
- Body Slam / Return
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Selfdestruct / Power-up-punch

Spiritomb
Item: Chesto Berry
Nature: Quiet
Abillity: Infiltrator
Ev's: 252 Sp.attack / 252 Hp / 4 Def
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden power Fighting
- Nasty Plot
- Rest

Regen cores need U-turners and Volt switchers in the team in order to abuse the abillities.

This team has 3 cores. The obiviously defensive core you have to work around with an Volt-Turn core and 1 Offensive core with Snorlax and Spiritomb.

The first member I came up with is Rotom-H, he makes an great partner for the defensive core because he resists Fire, Ice, Grass and even Flying moves.
and can cripples wallers with trick choice scarf which can really stop an important member of stall teams since that is currently the hype..
Rotom-H is also an popular choice to lead with due its speed with the choice scarf and being able to gain momentum for his partners. I gave it Will-o-wisp so he can quickly burn any set-upper and make a run for it.

The second member is Flygon I figured since this team doesnt have any Hazards setters we need a Defog user, and so Flygon came to mind.
His Thunder immunity also provides good coverage for Slowbro and
since Flygon is able to force switches due its cool typing and abillity
you can send of an Defog to erase any form of Hazards on the field, he has 100 spd with alright bulk so it can be used quite well. The moves speak for itself, he and Rotom-H form a good Volt-turn couple due they cover each other weakness overall quite well barring Water.

Slowbro is an important member of the squad, being able to set up
trick room for its members and cripple pokemons with either Scald or toxic
while using slack off for stalling.

Amoongus Being able to stop set-uppers with Clear smog and using Spore when to gain momentum for the team, Giga drain for overall coverage and hitting water types good.

Snorlax, he was a hero back in gen5 UU. being so bulky and yet so powerfull, now its less but he still works extremely well.
Thick fat is the obivious choice for Snorlax, gaining usefull resistences for Fire and Ice which Flygon and Amoongus adore, with this abillity it is also quite good of stopping Sun teams and hail teams. You can either chose for Body slam or Return because I can imagine you dont want an Paralyze on the opponent when your in trick room position although keep in mind that you can still outspeed paralyzed pokemon that have above 80+ base speed with snorlax speed, return is the stronger option. The last move slot is also preference, Self-destruct is great when you reach in the red zone and blast off an power 200 Stab base power move, you can also go for Power-up-punch to receive an boost in attack although this is hard to use for him.

The last member was really hard to chose, I was looking for an Set-upper
that can deal with Status and functions well in Trick room. Therefore I came with an unexpected choice.. Spiritomb
His typing provide good coverage for Amoongus and Snorlax, lauging at Psychic moves and Fighting moves alike. Fighting types are quite popular in UU
and he does well standing in front of them. The idea is Simple, whenever Trick room is up Nasty plot untill you reach low health and rest for the turn to gain everything back and wake up immidiatly to use your attack moves.
My choice to go for Shadow Ball and Hidden power Fighting is that Shadow ball does natural damage against Fairies and Hidden power fighting can take care of Blissey's and normal types after some boosts. With Rest blissey will fail to stall Spiritomb out with Toxic.

I apologies for the mistakes in grammer, I am sure there are ton in them lol.
I just hope you understand what I am trying to say.

McDanger

krookodile.gif
/
amoonguss.gif
/
slowbro.gif
/
bronzong.gif
/
haxorus.gif
/
ampharos-mega.gif

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Slowbro @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock
- Trick

Bronzong @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

I decided to use the regen core in a more offensive manor, handling some big threats such as Mega Ampharos, Mega Aerodactyl, Metagross, and Infernape while being able to deal some decent damage. Bronzong is a wildcard, meant to act as an offensive team breaker by sweeping under trick room. Mega Ampharos is a bridge between Bronzong and my stall breaker Haxorus being able to do nice damage under trick room or apply pressure in general with its monsterous special attack. As i just said, Haxorus acts as the main win condition as well as a stall breaker with dragon dance and swords dance based on what is the best option. Lastly scarfed Krookodile rounds off the team as a final win condition with a pseudo dragon dance via a scarf and moxie as well as an answer to things such as Raikou and Mega Houndoom, as well as outpaces a lot of things at +1 such as standard Haxorus.

Tormented

hippowdon.gif
/
stoutland.gif
/
haxorus.gif
/
slowbro.gif
/
amoonguss.gif
/
crobat.gif

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Stoutland @ Choice Band / Silk Scarf
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Play Rough

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Foul Play
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

I wanted to try out sand offense and it's a very strong playstyle. Stoutland is incredible. Outspeeds and ohkos pretty much every offensive threat it does have trouble with some common physical walls though. So I paired it with double dance Haxorus because of it's wallbreaking power after a Swords Dance, the only walls that can really switch in are Florges and Aromatisse which are both handled by either AV Amoonguss or crobat. It can also set up a Dragon Dance if I see an oppurtunity to sweep. Sp Def Hippo, Slowbro and AV Amoonguss forms a pretty solid defensive core and I added Crobat for defog support and he's a great check to CB Heracross, without him CB Hera would basically get a kill everytime it gets in vs one of the walls. All the sets are pretty standard so not much to say about the moves or EVs.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Voting tormented cause buddy

Chalis

Victorious
TDK. Dat stall.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Voting Azulart.

KillerDraco

Voting for Tormented because sand offense is an underrated yet effective threat in UU if you're unprepared for it.

McDanger

Voting is only going to run 3 days, i think 5 is to long for our smaller community, winning team is Tormented's Sand Offensive

Round 2

absol-mega.gif
+
metagross.gif

Mega Absol is a monstrous wallbreaker, having a wide arsenal of moves including Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Psycho Cut, Superpower, and Play Rough, as well as its powerful dark stabs Knock Off and Sucker Punch, allowing nothing to really want to come into it. Furthering its support, Mega Absol also has Will o Wisp, allowing it to cripple walls as well as break stall with its ability Magic Bounce and its access to Swords Dance making it a deadly, albert weak, sweeper.

Metagross has massive bulk and access to Stealth Rocks and priority making it a nice defensive pivot, competing with Mega Aggron, but can also make use of the Assault Vest to cover its lower special defense. With powerful stab moves like Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt, as well as nice coverage with Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, and Earthquake, Metagross is an offensive juggernaut. Lastly, it has access to Agility, allowing it to bypass its low speed and go for a sweep with its nice bulk and good coverage.

Team submission ends the 26th, so have at it.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
absol-mega.gif
207.gif
Chesnaught_XY.gif
593.gif
376.gif
059.gif

Import

Absol @ Absolite
Abillity: Justified
Evs 252 attack / 252 spd / 4 sp.attack
Naive Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit

Gligar @ Eviolite
Abillity: Hyper Cutter
Evs 252 Hp / 252 spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Earthqauke
- Knock Off / Roost
- Stealth Rocks
- Defog

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Abillity: Bulletproof
Evs 252 Hp / 252 Def / Sp.def
Impish Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Roar
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Abillity: Water Absorb
Evs 252 Hp / 36 Def / 220 Sp.def
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Recover

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Abillity: Clear Body
Evs 252 Attack / 252 HP / 4 Speed.
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Abillity: Intimidate
Evs 72 Hp / 252 Sp.attack / 8 Sp.def / 176 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden power Grass
- Morning Sun

Usage & Teambuilding
I have chosen to use Absol as a Mixed / Wallbreaker because I have enjoyed the most out of it comparing to other sets it gets.
Sucker Punch and Play Rough form a good neutral coverage where Fire blast becomes the surprise factor for opposing mons like Forretres and it can still hurt weakend M-aggron,
Pursuit makes Absol even better, making sure that no weakend pokemon can run from it. The given Ev's speak for them self.

Our next member is Gligar with its typing its a great pokemon for common dangerous threats like Mienshao and other fighting types like Heracross.
as a bonus it also provides Synergy with Absol, being able to cover his weakness to Bug and Fighting. This gligar is more Utillity than Wall, although he can still get a hit with Eviolite boost.
For this team he will be the Lead, Bulldoze is the better option for him because he doesnt get any investment in attack so Earthquake wont do much better than Bulldoze and the secondary effect of Bulldoze provides better support for your teamates and yourself aswell for the combination of Bulldoze -> U-turn
Also an slight mention, but since Gligar has Eviolite your opponent will love to use Knock off on it to cripple its play in the match, but therefore is Absol an great switchin, receiving an Boost in attack due Justified and Mega evolve it for an +1 Sucker punch, this also works great with dark moves on Metagross.

Our next mon is our lovely bear Chesnaught Chesnaught just rocks in UU its his playground.
He can check M-blastoise lacking Ice beam, he can stall out M-ampharos and he can take on Hydreigon aswell especially if it is locked into moves like Dark Pulse, Dragon pulse due its
common held Choice items. He is the wall of the team and he does really well at it, the reason I gave him Roar is because this team lacks an Setup Stopper and roar on him
is rather unexpected and work well with Gligar's Stealth rocks too. People will be forced to set up 2 Sword dances on him because of his bulk so therefore Roar works good on him.
Hammer Arm is the coverage move to avoid taunt baint and Synthesis/Leech seed is needed on him in order to keep him healthy during the match.

Jellicent and Chesnaught are a solid defensive core, covering each other weaknesses perfectly.
Jelly is the special wall of the team, and I gave him taunt to stop other wallers from doing their job, its great for things like Slowbro.
Scald provides burn oppertunity and is a solid stab move, while toxic can deal with wallers. Recover is there to even make you harder to stop walling
and lasting toxic damage turns.

Metagross Assault Vest metagross is an standard and predictable choice
but even despite that it does his job fairly well and makes him a great switchin too Wallers that rely on toxic.
Thunder punch is probably the best choice in UU, that gives him atleast something to take on M-blastoise and Milotic who are popular switch ins to Metagross.
Bullet punch provides solid damage and priority and meteor mash for the damage move, while EQ is there for M-ampharos and opposing Metagross or Jirachi and ofcourse fire types.

Our last member is an unexpeted one, its a Special Variant of Arcanine
The surprise factor here is what makes Arcanine good being all special while most people think its physical. Dragon pulse is there so it can handle Incoming Kingdra or things like Hydreigon. With Hidden power grass it can take Gastrodon out for an 2hitko which he will win in that duel. overall though Arcanine provides Ice coverage for the team and intimidate support aswell.

Last edited:

KillerDraco

absol-mega.gif
207.gif
Chesnaught_XY.gif
593.gif
376.gif
637.gif

Import

Absol @ Absolite
Abillity: Justified
Evs 252 attack / 252 spd / 4 sp.attack
Naive Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit

Gligar @ Eviolite
Abillity: Hyper Cutter
Evs 252 Hp / 252 spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Earthqauke
- Knock Off / Roost
- Stealth Rocks
- Defog

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Abillity: Bulletproof
Evs 252 Hp / 252 Def / Sp.def
Impish Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Roar
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Abillity: Water Absorb
Evs 252 Hp / 36 Def / 220 Sp.def
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Recover

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Abillity: Clear Body
Evs 252 Attack / 252 HP / 4 Speed.
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

Volcarona @ Weakness Policy
Abillity: Flame Body
Evs 128 HP / 196 Defence / 60 Sp.attack / 124 Speed.
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Roost
- Quiver Dance

Usage & Teambuilding
I have chosen to use Absol as a Mixed / Wallbreaker because I have enjoyed the most out of it comparing to other sets it gets.
Sucker Punch and Play Rough form a good neutral coverage where Fire blast becomes the surprise factor for opposing mons like Forretres and it can still hurt weakend M-aggron,
Pursuit makes Absol even better, making sure that no weakend pokemon can run from it. The given Ev's speak for them self.

Our next member is Gligar with its typing its a great pokemon for common dangerous threats like Mienshao and other fighting types like Heracross.
as a bonus it also provides Synergy with Absol, being able to cover his weakness to Bug and Fighting. This gligar is more Utillity than Wall, although he can still get a hit with Eviolite boost.
For this team he will be the Lead, Bulldoze is the better option for him because he doesnt get any investment in attack so Earthquake wont do much better than Bulldoze and the secondary effect of Bulldoze provides better support for your teamates and yourself aswell for the combination of Bulldoze -> U-turn
Also an slight mention, but since Gligar has Eviolite your opponent will love to use Knock off on it to cripple its play in the match, but therefore is Absol an great switchin, receiving an Boost in attack due Justified and Mega evolve it for an +1 Sucker punch, this also works great with dark moves on Metagross.

Our next mon is our lovely bear Chesnaught Chesnaught just rocks in UU its his playground.
He can check M-blastoise lacking Ice beam, he can stall out M-ampharos and he can take on Hydreigon aswell especially if it is locked into moves like Dark Pulse, Dragon pulse due its
common held Choice items. He is the wall of the team and he does really well at it, the reason I gave him Roar is because this team lacks an Setup Stopper and roar on him
is rather unexpected and work well with Gligar's Stealth rocks too. People will be forced to set up 2 Sword dances on him because of his bulk so therefore Roar works good on him.
Hammer Arm is the coverage move to avoid taunt baint and Synthesis/Leech seed is needed on him in order to keep him healthy during the match.

Jellicent and Chesnaught are a solid defensive core, covering each other weaknesses perfectly.
Jelly is the special wall of the team, and I gave him taunt to stop other wallers from doing their job, its great for things like Slowbro.
Scald provides burn oppertunity and is a solid stab move, while toxic can deal with wallers. Recover is there to even make you harder to stop walling
and lasting toxic damage turns.

Metagross Assault Vest metagross is an standard and predictable choice
but even despite that it does his job fairly well and makes him a great switchin too Wallers that rely on toxic.
Thunder punch is probably the best choice in UU, that gives him atleast something to take on M-blastoise and Milotic who are popular switch ins to Metagross.
Bullet punch provides solid damage and priority and meteor mash for the damage move, while EQ is there for M-ampharos and opposing Metagross or Jirachi and ofcourse fire types.

Our last member and probably the most fearsome member of the team Volcarona
Weakness Policy volcarona is very cruel, the given EV's are so done that it will outspeed M-aerodactyle after 1 Quiver Dance and that it becomes overall bulky.
The plan is here is simple, Scald is so popular in general. You will mostly outspeed the scald user and use a Quiver dance take around 30% damage
and activate Weakness Policy, now you got yourself a 70% hp Volcarona with +3 Sp.attack, +1 Speed, +1 Sp.def can you imagine the impact this gives in one turn? Have fun sweeping.
This guy is to gud for UU. Because of Volcarona Gligar's Defog is very important in order to support Volc's durabillity and sweeping.
Volca's presence in UU gave more useage to Fletchinder in UU lol, I will not be surprised it will get to BL someday.

Volcarona was already banned to BL. As such, you will need to edit your team or it will not be counted.

Eaglehawk

Banned
3-Minute Heavy Offense

absol.gif
metagross.gif
heracross.gif
victini.gif
azelf.gif
hydreigon.gif

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Sleep Talk

Victini @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Blue Flare
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Explosion
- Taunt

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Flash Cannon

Note that I built this team with the Venomoth test in mind, so please don't mind the Sleep Talk.

The only way to use Absol is a late-game sweeper and use Metagross as a pivot (imo Metagross is garbage but w/e). Metagross has the benefit of being able to switch into DragonSpam and hit back pretty hard (with Assault Vest, Hydreigon's Dark Pulse is a 2HKO). Essentially, Metagross can be considered as a lure to some extent where he invites in Hydreigon, Haxorus, and Infernape, only for them to get smacked with a high-powered attack.

252 SpA Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 224-266 (61.5 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Metagross Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 328-386 (111.9 - 131.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 181-214 (61.7 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 210-248 (57.6 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 186-222 (51 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Metagross Hammer Arm vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 270-318 (83 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Although Haxorus is only handled somewhat well, Hydreigon and Infernape are swiftly OHKOed after Stealth Rock. Now, Absol has a humongous internal issue of not being able to get past PinkCore, specifically the Fairy-types that sit on it. Metagross handles those said Fairy-types fairly well. It deals with Granbull and Aromatisse very well and 2HKOs both of them. However, it still can't get past some of the other common members of PinkCore. This is where the two wallbreakers come in.

Heracross just destroys PinkCore in general. CB Megahorn from Heracross still safely 3HKOs Aromatisse and does heavy damage. He also acts as a Status absorber thanks to Guts. Guts is absolutely crucial in beating out stupid Venomoth teams on the ladder right now with their Sleep Powders and whatnot (that's why Sleep Talk is on there right now though tbh Sleep Talk can be removed after Veno is banned). Regardless, Heracross can use Guts to absorb status and get another 1.5x boost, meaning that even Aromatisse isn't safe from Megahorn. Victini is the second wallbreaker. V-Create has an insane amount of power where he can shrek Blissey for a 2HKO. His Special movepool also allows it to dismantle other common members of PinkCore, including Gligar and Alomomola.

As with most heavy offense/hyper offense teams, Azelf is the pinnacle of hazard leads. The job of just getting a quick layer of hazards up is absolutely necessary for Absol to get those KOs as well as break Sashes.

Finally, Hydreigon was justified as a Scarfer for a couple of reasons. First, my team had a significant Ground-type weakness and the only decent resist to that was Heracross. Hydreigon's Levitate allowed me to get past that. It also patched up a Dark-type weakness that again only Heracross resisted, so Hydreigon acted as that too. Hydreigon sits at a very good number of 98 (as the baseline is pretty much determined by Hydreigon). U-Turn scouts for threats, which is pretty good for a team that does have a decent amount of defensive synergy. Flash Cannon is there to surprise kill Granbull, which is typical counter to Scarf Hydreigon.

k bye vote for pedro