• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Uu! Uu! Yeah!

Noheart

The Abysswalker
No one posts in UU RMT's anymore. :(
( I use this team in Standard AND UU play. )

electrode.png

Electrode @ Focus Sash
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 SpD | Hasty | Static
-Rain Dance
-Taunt
-Mirror Coat
-Explosion

Yeah, I decided mess up Smogon's set. Mirror Coat over Thunder. Takes care of those lovely SpecsMence and ScarfPhlosion leads, which have been my pet peeves lately. I Mirror Coat, and either Rain Dance or Explode, depending on the situation.

lapras.png

Lapras @ Damp Rock
192 Def, 160 SpA, 156 SpD | Modest | Water Absorb
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Ice Beam
-Surf
My back-up Rain Dancer. Nothing much to say here, Thunder+Ice Beam for coverage, Surf for STAB, etc.

toxicroak.png

Toxicroak @ Choice Band
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP | Adamant | Dry Skin
-Sucker Punch
-EQ
-Cross Chop
-Poison Jab
My hit-and-run basher. What else is there to say?

omastar.png

Omastar @ Life Orb
252 SpA, 252 Speed, 6 Def | Modest | Swift Swim
-Wring Out
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Ancient Power
This guy would NOT have a good HP Grass, so I put in Wring Out as a filler for the likes of Gastrodon and Quagsire. This guy is a beast in the rain, and has been proving it the day I made this team.

drapion.png

Drapion @ Scope Lens
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP | Jolly | Sniper
-Cross Poison
-EQ
-Night Slash
-Swords Dance
Switches in on those pesky grass types, SD's, then starts sending the opponent to hell with lovely crit hax. My second Phys attacker, just incase Toxicroak goes bye-bye.

claydol.png

Claydol @ Shell Bell
252 HP, 108 Def, 148 SpA | Bold | Levitate
-Calm Mind
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Earth Power
Gets rid of my EQ weakness, trapping BandLee who can be a great annoyance to this team. What's even more useful, it Calm Mind's when the other person switches. I have Shell Bell over Leftovers because Shell Bell can heal loads more HP then Lefties can.​

~Credit to Arkeis.com for the images.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
First of all, Ghost, Rock, and Steel Pokemon either resist Explosion or are immune to it, making him completely useless should you face them.

Poison Jab, although it gets STAB, has poor type coverage.

The only big problem I see is that if Claydol gets hit by a Water move, due to Rain Dance, he will take 4x damage, a possible OHKO. I say remove him for another pokemon that can either resist or is immune to Earthquake (maybe a Flying type or something, like Altaria).

Even though Shell Bell heals more when they lose more HP, Leftovers is a better item for competitive play as it heals a set amount of health.

KHDarkAura

Revered Reaver
hmm, a lot of these pokes look oddly familiar, its almost as if i recommended most of them on a team similar to this one...

As mententioned, poison jab gives crap coverage, stone edge and even pursuit and sometimes x-scissor are better choices

Wring Out doesnt work all that well on Omastar, if your stuck for a last move you can always take advantage of swift swim and go for some stealth rock, spikes, or t-spikes

Again with the poison on drapion, even with the stab i feel its a worse choice than some other options such as ice fang, pursuit, or maybe whilrwind as WW or roar is always a good thing to have in case you run into a tough BP team

Last on Claydol, normally hes the best choice for a spinner but you dont really have any trap weaknesses, but there are better options for a special sweeper, also lefties>shell bell for any turn you CM

Rhys29

Encore
You seem so worried about Grass types and STAB that you fail to realise there are better options and you aren't likely going to see a Grass type. Thunder > Mirror Coat on Electrode. Not enough Hp to make true use of the attack and it takes precise prediction. You have 3 pokes with Ice Beam... I would acutally say you should dump Lapras for Hydration Dewgong so you have a status absorber. Give it Icy Wind//Rest//Rain Dance//Encore*Surf*Perish Song.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
First of all, Ghost, Rock, and Steel Pokemon either resist Explosion or are immune to it, making him completely useless should you face them.

Poison Jab, although it gets STAB, has poor type coverage.

The only big problem I see is that if Claydol gets hit by a Water move, due to Rain Dance, he will take 4x damage, a possible OHKO. I say remove him for another pokemon that can either resist or is immune to Earthquake (maybe a Flying type or something, like Altaria).

Even though Shell Bell heals more when they lose more HP, Leftovers is a better item for competitive play as it heals a set amount of health.

#1. Rain Dance, then switch out. I don't have to explode.

#2. CALM MIND FTW

#3. I also am too lazy to hunt for lefties, but whatev. <.<

@KHDarkAura; I never thought of SR on a SS Omastar... Cool. ^^
So, I should get Stone Edge on Toxicroak, and X-Scissor on Drap, then?

@Rhys29: Vileplume is used an awful lot in UU, and, infact, can rape my team if I'm not careful. Rain Dance doesn't last forever. And Hydration Dewgon, with all due respect, sucks #@!. Believe me, I tried it, and it's raped by almost every physical attacker in UU.

Rhys29

Encore
I believe Vileplume was... what... #46? I'll check.
Whoops, #66. Yeah, good call. No, Venasaur is #8 and Meganium is #42.

Last edited:

KHDarkAura

Revered Reaver
@KHDarkAura; I never thought of SR on a SS Omastar... Cool. ^^
So, I should get Stone Edge on Toxicroak, and X-Scissor on Drap, then?

I like the stone edge on croak but i might try ice fang over x-scissor as drap is immune to psychic anyway and wont have much opportunity to use it

And for croak since your in the rain you oculd abse dry skin by ditching that nasty choice band and giving him swords dance and a life orb, more versatile with more than enough force

Last edited:

Lucario111

electrode.png

Electrode @ Focus Sash
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 SpD | Hasty | Static
-Rain Dance
-Taunt
-Mirror Coat
-Explosion

Yeah, I decided mess up Smogon's set. Mirror Coat over Thunder. Takes care of those lovely SpecsMence and ScarfPhlosion leads, which have been my pet peeves lately. I Mirror Coat, and either Rain Dance or Explode, depending on the situation.​

Electrode doesn't have enough hp to use mirror coat and thunder is a very useful move you shouldn't have gotten rid of that.

toxicroak.png

Toxicroak @ Choice Band
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP | Adamant | Dry Skin
-Sucker Punch
-EQ
-Cross Chop
-Poison Jab
My hit-and-run basher. What else is there to say?

I liked this toxicroak, but poison jab has really poor coverage, I know you're really afraid of grass (and I would be too, since 50% of your team is weak to it) but all the pokemons weak to it in your team carry ice beam, and you can always predict an attack and then switch in one of the poison pokemons. I recommend stone edge>poison jab.

omastar.png

Omastar @ Life Orb
-Wring Out
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Ancient Power
This guy would NOT have a good HP Grass, so I put in Wring Out as a filler for the likes of Gastrodon and Quagsire. This guy is a beast in the rain, and has been proving it the day I made this team.

Good poke, but wring out isn't exactly the best attack to have on him. if you have acces to platinum move tutors earth power> wring out if not, use some support move like stealth rock or some type of spike.

claydol.png

Claydol @ Shell Bell
252 HP, 108 Def, 148 SpA | Bold | Levitate
-Calm Mind
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Earth Power
Gets rid of my EQ weakness, trapping BandLee who can be a great annoyance to this team. What's even more useful, it Calm Mind's when the other person switches. I have Shell Bell over Leftovers because Shell Bell can heal loads more HP then Lefties can.

Leftovers is preferable over shell bell in your case, partycularly because of calm mind.

UltimoVenusaur

DracoFist FTW
electrode.png

Electrode @ Focus Sash
252 Atk, 136 Spe, 120 SpA | Hasty | Static
-Rain Dance
-Taunt
-Thunder
-Explosion​

You cite SpecsMence leads, but this is a UU team. Besides, I'm not sure SpecsMence is all that popular a lead and is more a revenge killer/Dragonslayer. Thunder is the far better option on the RD set. Also, you only need enough Speed to outrun non-Scarfed, +Spe max EV Swellow, and FS is your emergency against strong Scarfs.

omastar.png

Omastar @ Life Orb
-Wring Out
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance

Rain Dance over AP because you've chosen not to choice Omastar and you could always use another Rain recharger. In long battles, you're not going to get the chance to contrive getting Lapras back in, so you need another back up. Surf/WO gives you flawless UU coverage outside of Shedinja and, when Smogon decides to merge BL and UU, Empoleon.

claydol.png

Claydol @ Leftovers
236 HP, 108 Def, 164 SpA| Bold | Levitate
-Calm Mind
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Earth Power

No Shell Bell. I repeat, no Shell Bell. It's horrible, and you want to get recovery on turns when you're CMing or when your opponent brings in a resist or immune. Go with Lefties and that spread.​