• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

V-Assist! A gimmick team

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
I know, I know. It's a total and complete gimmick. BUT IT WORKS, I TELL YOU. I've been doing exceptionally well with it, winning about 80%. I can't say it's my idea, because it's not, but I've added things that work for me.

Basically, the idea of the team is to have a bunch of pokemon that only know assist, a Victini with V-Create, and a ninetales for sun. So here it is.

:494: Victini @ Choice Scarf
Victory Star, Jolly
4HP/252Atk/252Spe
- V-Create
- Trick
- Protect
This is the guy who really makes the team. He has the the only assistable move on the whole team, V-Create, which packs a nice 405 base power with STAB and sun. And with the choice scarf, he can still outspeed things after two speed drops. Trick is just in case there's something I need to stop from setting up or take out later, like Gyarados or Vaporeon.

;038; Ninetales @ Sitrus Berry
Drought, Impish
252HP/168Def/88SpD
- Covet
- Protect
Ninetales is really only here for setting up sun. If anyone on the other team can set up weather, I'll obviously switch her out. Covet is the only non-assistable attacking move she can learn, but can occasionally be useful for stealing opponent's items. Sitrus berry keeps her alive longer and makes Covet possible. Probably my least useful team member but my oh my is it great for handling Vaporeon. Surf under sun only does about 30% to it so I can just covet until my Sitrus Berry is gone and then steal its Leftovers.

:510: Liepard @ Choice Band
Prankster, Adamant
- Assist
- Trick
- Thief
- Protect
Liepard is awesome because, with prankster, the speed drops from V-Create don't do anything. If I predict that the opponent is going to start off with a hazard lead or something like that I send Liepard out to trick them a Choice Band. Or, if they don't, man that Band is useful. Liepard even outspeeds priority users like Scizor so that's nice.

;392; Infernape @ Choice Band
Blaze, Jolly
- Assist
- Feint
- Focus Punch
- Protect
Even better attack than Liepard. I can get nice short sweeps going here sometimes. But I still have to switch out soon after the speed drop. And, although I've never had to use it before, this guy could probably be a nice Heatran counter, as long as they try to set up with something other than a substitute so I can get a Focus Punch in. Feint and Protect are 90% filler. I guess it's just for if I get my item knocked off or something. But neither are Assistable so that's fine.

;202; Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Shadow Tag, Careful
252HP/252Def/4SpD
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Destiny Bond
Yeah, Encore is Assistable so I can't use it :/ But either way, this guy is a GREAT counter to stuff like Gyarados that I've tricked a choice item on. That way, I can just counter/magic coat them to death without the threat of setup. Toxic is a bitch though. So I try to avoid that.

;132; Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Imposter, Relaxed/anything
-Transform
A huge asset to my team. No assistable moves, and is a PERFECT revenge sweeper. Especially for dragons. I've had people forfeit because I send in ditto after their +6 Haxorus 1-shots my Wobbufet. Ditto is absoltely essential for countering Chandelure, since he's immune to all my other pokemon (except possibly Wobbs). And he's not bad at getting Heatran, as long as Heatran doesn't have an air baloon and has Earth power -___-

That's my team. My biggest threats are Heatran, Jellicent, Vaporeon, Gastrodon, Chandelure, substitutes, and exploding Sturdy Forretress. If you think of any more tell me.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Trick
- Protect

Ninetales @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SDef
Impish Nature
- Covet
- Protect

Infernape @ Choice Band
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Assist
- Feint
- Focus Punch
- Protect

Liepard @ Choice Band
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Trick
- Thief
- Protect

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef
Careful Nature
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Destiny Bond

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 30 SAtk
- Transform

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I see you've already realized you literally cannot touch Heatran. You might be able to scare it off once with 'Nape, but it it realizes what you're running (which is a gimmicky POS by the way), you're absolutely screwed.

Actually, there's a lot that counters this. Namely any well built team out there. What do you do to bulky Waters? Rain teams? Focus Sash / Sturdy users? To be fully honest I'm not seeing the point of this team at all. I'm all for gimmick teams, but the gimmick should really work. I can't honestly ever see this working.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Heatran's not that bad, but I have to hope it's got Earth Power. Or I can just get my ditto to transform into something boosted and take out the heatran. It's honestly not that much of a problem, from what I've experienced.

Bulky waters are somewhat difficult, but if I have sun up then Ninetales can steal their leftovers with Covet and leave them without recovery. I deal with Vaporeon this way.

Rain and sandstorm are both a peice of cake. I just trick Politoed a choice item and kill it with Wobbuffet. I'm very careful to only lose what I can lose at the moment.

It really does work. I don't want to sound cocky but I played 12 games yesterday on showdown and lost only one.

silverangel

Metal Fairy
Man! I love this team because of Victini and V-Create spam already! Also, is substitute assistable? Because you could probably get a SubPunch set with Infernape.

Also, does Assist work if a pokemon fainted?

A surefire Heatran counter would still nice either way...

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Man! I love this team because of Victini and V-Create spam already! Also, is substitute assistable? Because you could probably get a SubPunch set with Infernape.

Also, does Assist work if a pokemon fainted?

A surefire Heatran counter would still nice either way...

Sadly Substitute is assistable. Here's a list of every move that isn't and that I can therefore use on the team: http://www.smogon.com/bw/moves/assist

And yeah, Assist works for any pokemon, fainted or not. That's why sometimes I can sweep half a team with Liepard after the rest of my team is down.

Skarm™

Light It Up
Nature Power turns into EQ, which could be used to KO Tran, if you'd like. It's not Assisstable, so it works

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
HOLY CRAP. I DIDN'T REALIZE THAT.

Thank you so much. I'm gonna try this out on whatever can learn it.

Edit: Nothing on my team can learn Nature Power :/ In fact, Smeargle is the only thing capable of learning both Assist and Nature Power...

Last edited:

Skarm™

Light It Up
You could send that mon out first and KO the Trans before everything or at least try to and then assist all you want since it's KOed

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
You could send that mon out first and KO the Trans before everything or at least try to and then assist all you want since it's KOed

Assist can select moves from Pokemon that are KO'd.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Wobbufett can actually beat offensive Heatran, and Infernape can handle Defensive Heatran pretty well, so maybe he's not such a huge issue. And Ditto can't reliably beat Heatran because something like 57% of Heatran carry an Air Balloon, in which case he's not doing a thing. It's interesting to note that Circle Throw is un-Assistable, but I'm not sure what a viable user might be, especially on an Assist team.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Circle Throw and Dragon Tail can't be learned by anything on my team :/ And there aren't many others that can learn assist.

I was thinking of using Contrary Spinda, so the stat drop will actually boost its defenses and speed. Is that an OK idea? Its attack is awful.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Circle Throw and Dragon Tail can't be learned by anything on my team :/ And there aren't many others that can learn assist.

I was thinking of using Contrary Spinda, so the stat drop will actually boost its defenses and speed. Is that an OK idea? Its attack is awful.

With 60/60/60 bulk, good luck even getting one V-Create off.