• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

V for Vendetta: A UU revenge killing team

joepotatoe

Dunsparce MasterRace
167249_10150353400060391_5048117_n.jpg

424f.gif
596.gif
555.gif
330.gif
571.gif
169.gif

I've wanted to try this for a long long time, and doing it in OU would be kinda boring, so I decided on UU.

Also, this team has absoutely nothing to do with the movie, the name just fit the theme and sounded cool, and why do you even name teams if it isn't so that they look cooler?

Teambuilding
424f.gif

First I had Ambipom, the ultimate revenge killer, with a +3 priority STAB technician and silk scarf boosted fake out dealing a ridiculous amount of damage, and the opponent doesn't even have to be OHKO'd, which is amazing.

424f.gif
596.gif

I needed something that could take a fighting-type hit, and worked as a revenge killer, and specs accelgor looked nice, but after giving it ots of thought, I decided that Galvantula's coverage was simply more "special" and less likely to miss. I conseidered yanmega as well, but it just can't switch in more than twice, which was a huge problem, since I have no space for spinners.

424f.gif
596.gif
555.gif
330.gif

I added in darmanitan and flygon because I consider them to 2 of the best physial scarfers in UU, if not the best.

424f.gif
596.gif
555.gif
330.gif
571.gif

Then I Thought I needed a specs user, just for sheer power, so I threw in zoroark, since azelf's coverage was redundant, but after a couple battles I realized I was bettr off just playing mind games with my opponent and setting up anasty plot nstead of trying to kill him off, so I kept him, but as a NP+ 3 attacks user, the second non-choiced pokemon with some kind of niche on my team.

424f.gif
596.gif
555.gif
330.gif
571.gif
429.gif

Finally, I'm currently in trouble picking a pokemon for the last slot, my objective is a a good revenge killer (duh) that isn't weak to rocks, and has a decent speed, priority or just idiotic firepower. for now I've got mismagius but it's easily replaceable.

424f.gif
596.gif
555.gif
330.gif
571.gif
169.gif

Suggested by Dragonicwari, decided to throw in a wallbreaking crobat, and I loved it, annoying little walls like registeel or blastois fall from anything after a super fang, so it helps all the other pokemon on this team destroy the, which I used to have trouble with.

The Team:
flygon6rc.gif

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Flygon is a great scarfer in UU, and that is common knowledge.
I gave it an adamant nature so for that tiny bit of power instedad of speed, so that anythin that switches into outrage or u-turn pays the price

596_galvantula_by_plushiemon-d3dbjix.jpg

Galvantula @ Choice Specs
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Galvantula is... surprisingly good, it gets great coverage from the pseudo boltbeam from hidden power and thunder, except the power on this one is kinda lopsided. Compoundeyes+thunder has got to be the best combination of move and ability i've seen since dark void + bad dreams, and technician + bullet punch before it.
it has great speed and specs thunder packs a crazy punch, any subCM raikou that comes in thinking it can take 1 and start CMing is wrong, if it comes in on thunder and CM's every turn, it's cleanly 3HKOd even with lefties, and a +1 it cant really touch galvantula, since it resists it's STAB and aura sphere.
Thunder also has that great 30% chance to paralyze, which ccan be very helpful against opposing raikous

images

Ambipom (M) @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Low Sweep
- U-turn
- Double Hit

Oh ambipom, such a broken fake out, many pokemon that wouldve threatened this team are stoppet cold by the ridiculuous power of the 100% flinch chance move, dealing at least 40% to most offensive pokemon, and more to others. Double hit DOES have a troubesome accuracy, but I have no other way of breaking through subs on my team, so I kinda need that there, plus the power from technician and silk scarf make it pretty deadly.

tumblr_lrhluxVEr01qkuxu9.png

Darmanitan (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Darmanitan, the monster.
Flare blitz deals absolutely ridiculous damage to anything stupid to switch in/stay in to take it, it's only has a tad of a problem with bulky waters' but galvantula and mismagius can deal with those.

zoroark-1.png

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Nasty plot
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower

Zoroark should just flat out wear a white mask with red spirals, because everytime I switch him in all of my tohughts turn into "I want to play a game" It's nervewracking to face a zoroark, you never know what you're hitting (or what hit you for that matter), I needed a non choiced special attacker and zoroark is just so much fun I couldn't pass up the chance of using him

169___crobat_by_winter_freak-d27da4e.png

Crobat (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Infiltrator
EVs: 176 HP / 4 SDef / 192 Atk / 136 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Super Fang
- Roost

Suggested by dragonicwari, much better than it's predecesor mismagius, since this guy has an actual niche on my team.
Not an incredible revenge killer, but super fang helps me get the job done against annoying pokemon like the regis and blastoise, and taunt stops setup sweepers and shuts down most walls, and walls usually give this team trouble.
It's a nice illusion target for zoroark, and it's an awesome wallbreaker, which after using crobat, I realized whas exactly what I needed

Team Currently at 1650 points on the PS ladder

Last edited:

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Hey there, nice team.

First off, I'd recommend changing Zoroark to take advantage of his revenge killing with sucker punch.

I like this one for uu.

Zoro @Life Orb
Naughty
200atk 56sp.atk 252spe
-sucker punch
-swords dance
-low kick/sweep
-flamethrower/substitute
This makes it incredibly hard to take him down, assuming he can set up a swords dance from the safety of his illusion. A sub could be handy for when his faked appearance forces switches.

You should probably try to fit Cinccino in here somewhere, because of his power.

I'll finish this later.

joepotatoe

Dunsparce MasterRace
Why thank you, I'll try the zoroark set c:
but cinccino seems to similar to ambipom, not in coverage (I know cinccinos is pretty cool) but having another fighting weakness kinda turns me off

Last edited:

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Joe! It's been forever man, anyways, have you considered stall breaker Crobat over mismagius?

Here's the set;

Crobat @ black sludge/ leftovers
Inner focus
Jolly
176 hp/ 192 atk/ 4 sp def/ 136 spd
Brave bird
Taunt
Roost
U-turn/ toxic/ super fang

Pro's;

This guy will be a great stall breaker for any walls that may be givin your sweepers some difficulty
Even better mind games than mismagius, if they want to launch a psychic at this guy they better think twice with your Roark
Quad resists fighting moves
Stealth rock weakness is nullified by roost
Can add another volt switcher

Cons;
Not immune to fighting types
Stealth rock weak
Kinda frail
Not perfectly fit into your theme
Umm other stuff

joepotatoe

Dunsparce MasterRace
It HAS been forever c:
Do you still run that shop you had?

I'll try the crobat, I might give it some speed and cross poison instead of brave bird, just to ruin raikou's life, I'm really testing any suggestion I get, Since I'm not too fond of mismagius.

The SR weakness is a bit of a turnoff though, since I already have darmanitan and galvantula to worry about, I'm thinking Xatu, even if he deosn't seem to fit in, it can bounce rocks back which is awesome, and it can set up double screens, which let's me nab previously impossible 2HKOS c:

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I let my shop did off when black 2 came out, was kinda busy then. I thought about getting it going again but then I realized I wasn't going to get gen 6 games so there's no point really. Also, FYI, therian forms can't be traded last I checked

Another thing you could try is a banded Hitmon. I was thinking something like this;

Hitmonchan @ choice band
Iron fist
Adamant
252 hp/ 252 atk/ 4 spd
Rapid spin
Mach punch
Ice punch
Fire punch/ thunder punch

You might want to put in enough speed Ev's to outspeed non scarfed chandelure and Heracross, but I just figured maximize the attack and durability then Mach punch spam. Mach punch and rapid spin are pretty obvious. Ice punch would be good for things like gligar, rhyperior, and whatever else feels like switching into this guy. Thunder punch is pretty much your only way of hitting chandelure (besides stone edge) while fire punch lets you hit Heracross and virizion.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
You need 220 Spd EVs to outspeed Modest Chandelure and Heracross cannot be outsped by Hitmonchan.

joepotatoe

Dunsparce MasterRace
I'm probably not gonna use chan, Crobat is working wonders for the team, it eases me through tons of pesky walls c:
I'm thinking maybe Raikou>galvantula, but galvantula has DAT THUNDA

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Well, I'm glad Crobat is working, I figured it would but I thought I might as well say an offensive spinner while I was at it, anyways time for some calcs;

Raikou specs thunderbolt vs ambipom (not sure why I picked ambipom);

252SpAtk Choice Specs Raikou (Neutral) Thunderbolt vs 4HP/0SpDef Ambipom (Neutral): 102% - 121% (300 - 354 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

Galvantula specs thunder vs ambipom;

252SpAtk Choice Specs Galvantula (Neutral) Thunder vs 4HP/0SpDef Ambipom (Neutral): 115% - 135% (337 - 397 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

So as far as pure damage counts, galvantula definitely outpaces raikou. Also raikou only outspeeds tornadus and Frosslass (Cobalion and virizion if you lose the speed tie as well) so I guess it's really comes down to if rocks and tornadus are really bothering you

Last edited:

I080I

UU expert
k a couple things
-make flygon jolly, its not gonna be hitting exceptionally hard anyway and the extra speed on a base 100 guy>a little bit of power
-stone edge or superpower over fire punch on flygon as you need fighting/rock coverage more than fire
-whenever you have 4 evs left over, ALWAYS put it into sp. def if the poke's sp.def and def are the same so porygon z and 2 won't get the sp.att download boost (change this on ambipom and zoroark)
-stopped isn't spelled with a T
-once again you need fighting coverage on darm so I'd get rid of eq or rs for superpower. Also I'd make darm life orb, cuz that thing's powerful af but I suppose that's personal preference
-on zoroark you might want grass knot instead or ft or np as like I said, you already have strong fire coverage (and swampert could be annoying).
-I would change crobat's set to be 252hp, 96spd, 90 atk and 70def or 160 atk. This is my favorite set as it has some pretty decent bulk and outspeeds froslass and gets off a taunt. I don't really see the extra speed as all that necessary as all that really helps you with is weavile, so not really that worth it. You can also do 104 in speed if you want if you're worried about max speed tornadus

Your team overall is pretty good but it is insanely weak to hazards. Half your team takes 25% from stealth rocks and unless your zoroark is disguised as ambipom, your opponent is gonna be able to tell its a zoroark every single time it comes in (with rocks up), not to mention the fact that the residual damage is gonna leave zoro at different hp levels than the poke its disguised as, even if it is ambipom. For these reasons I would highly recommend xatu on this team, but its your choice.

Last edited:

joepotatoe

Dunsparce MasterRace
k a couple things
-make flygon jolly, its not gonna be hitting exceptionally hard anyway and the extra speed on a base 100 guy>a little bit of power
-stone edge or superpower over fire punch on flygon as you need fighting/rock coverage more than fire
-whenever you have 4 evs left over, ALWAYS put it into sp. def if the poke's sp.def and def are the same so porygon z and 2 won't get the sp.att download boost (change this on ambipom and zoroark)
-stopped isn't spelled with a T
-once again you need fighting coverage on darm so I'd get rid of eq or rs for superpower. Also I'd make darm life orb, cuz that thing's powerful af but I suppose that's personal preference
-on zoroark you might want grass knot instead or ft or np as like I said, you already have strong fire coverage (and swampert could be annoying).
-I would change crobat's set to be 252hp, 96spd, 90 atk and 70def or 160 atk. This is my favorite set as it has some pretty decent bulk and outspeeds froslass and gets off a taunt. I don't really see the extra speed as all that necessary as all that really helps you with is weavile, so not really that worth it. You can also do 104 in speed if you want if you're worried about max speed tornadus

Your team overall is pretty good but it is insanely weak to hazards. Half your team takes 25% from stealth rocks and unless your zoroark is disguised as ambipom, your opponent is gonna be able to tell its a zoroark every single time it comes in (with rocks up), not to mention the fact that the residual damage is gonna leave zoro at different hp levels than the poke its disguised as, even if it is ambipom. For these reasons I would highly recommend xatu on this team, but its your choice.

I'll think about some of those things, I have realized flyong's fire punch is kinda... useless I mean sure it hits bronzong, for like 30% lol. I'll try a jolly nature, however I've used jolly scarfgon before and it really doesn't outspeed anything new.
I've always been thinking of a dual screening xatu, I jsut haven't tried it yet, I might replace crobat, since rocks really ARE giving me trouble.
about the 4 sp def, I'll change the 3 I have wrong,
I'll think about SP on darmanitan, but I'm not sure about grass knot on zoro, after a NP it deals an absurd amount of damage with dark pulse.

I'm currently considering raikou>galvantula, sinc tornadus puts a huge dent into my team, however galvie's thunder WILL be missed.
plus with Light screen up, I think galvantula sohuld be able to take a hurricane and wreck back with thunder.

And ambipom has stoppeTTTT annoying things over and over.

I080I

UU expert
good choices.

Jolly is somewhat necessary tho to guarantee to be faster than scarf darm, porygon-z, krook, meloetta, rotom-h, +1 speed sharpedo, and +1 speed yanmega as well as to get a speed tie w/ victini and itself. You may not notice what the extra speed does for you but trust me, it helps a lot.

Dual screen isn't a bad idea and it would prove very beneficial too this team, but it would only leave you two move slots (one after roost) so choose wisely.

For Zoro, I agree with keeping nasty plot and I also personally prefer flamethrower over grass knot, but you may have a problem dealing with swampert, which is the only reason I'm suggesting it. You could also put it on glavantula if you prefer, but it'd be a tough choice for what move to get rid of.

Raikou's not bad and if tornadus is causing you problems, a timid specs is guaranteed to outspeed tornadus and ohko it with tbolt or break a sub with volt switch and come back in for the kill. The loss of power isn't huge either: specs thunder from glavantula does 35-42% to registeel while specs tbolt from raikou does 31-37% not to mention the small but annoying chance for thunder to miss (9%)

joepotatoe

Dunsparce MasterRace
With Xatu I'm having trouble deciding between U-turn, psychic and tailwind.

In the End I think I'm keeping galvantula, since umbreon is probably the most troublesome pokemon ever to exist ever, not especially to these team maybe, but all I can remember is hating it xD

However I'm thinking of using an offensive pokemon instead of xatu, but magic bounce is just way too useful to pass up.
I might use mieanshao, since regenarotor will be a huge asset on a team that switches around as much as this one, plus I'm in a bit of need for fighting coverage, and I can live With a double weakness to SR.

However the fact that zoro is as noticeable as it is with SR up is making me consider swapping him for houndoom or honchkrow, But I doubt I'll do that, I can only go so gar mixng up a team, I'm prbably gonna post a new Hail team I'm working on soon c:
since it's legal in UU now and all that, or at least on PS it is :D

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Well, I'm glad Crobat is working, I figured it would but I thought I might as well say an offensive spinner while I was at it, anyways time for some calcs;

Raikou specs thunderbolt vs ambipom (not sure why I picked ambipom);

252SpAtk Choice Specs Raikou (Neutral) Thunderbolt vs 4HP/0SpDef Ambipom (Neutral): 102% - 121% (300 - 354 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

Galvantula specs thunder vs ambipom;

252SpAtk Choice Specs Galvantula (Neutral) Thunder vs 4HP/0SpDef Ambipom (Neutral): 115% - 135% (337 - 397 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

So as far as pure damage counts, galvantula definitely outpaces raikou. Also raikou only outspeeds tornadus and Frosslass (Cobalion and virizion if you lose the speed tie as well) so I guess it's really comes down to if rocks and tornadus are really bothering you

How......... *gik* is that........ *urk*.... Possible?

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
umm, galvantula uses thunder rather than thunderbolt because compundeyes makes it reliabe?
unless that's not what you mean...

I realized that. It was late when I posted that, I thought they both used the 'bolt.