• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Valentine's Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
tOPM2fw.png

Thanks to American Pi for our banner!

Welcome all to the Valentine's Tournament! Please read the rules below~

RULES:

-The tournament will take place from February 12th until February 26th.
-The tournament will follow Smogon OU rules, Single battle.
-Pokémon in gen One and gen Four are the only pokemon allowed in a team.
-Mega evolutions are permitted, but only pokemon that have been released (so pokemon like Mega Beedrill and Mega Gallade are not permitted)
-This will take place on Pokémon Showdown.
-There is a limit of 2 legendary pokemon per team.
-The tournament will be done in rounds, depending on how many participants enter. Each player will battle one player per round, and the person with the most wins at the end of all the rounds is the winner. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by how many pokemon remained in their battles. So, a person with a total pokemon tally of 14 will beat a person with a tally of 12 pokemon remaining.
-Players will be responsible for setting up battles on their own, and they will have 2 weeks to do so.
-To participate, please fill out the form below.

Participation form:

Serebii Name:
Showdown Name:

Battle Result Form:

Serebii Name:
Challenger and Round#:
Result:
Comment about the battle:

Prizes:

1st place: an ORAS born battle ready shiny pokemon
2nd place: 2 bp items of their choice
3rd place: 1 bp item of their choice

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Gotta make one for myself :3

Serebii Name: dragontamer44722
Showdown Name: dragontamer44722 (creative right? xD)

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
Serebii Name: Twinyoshi45
Showdown Name: Twinyoshi45

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Serebii Name: DJSummers
Showdown Name: The Great Ghost

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Sorry for missing a day everyone! Because of this, the tournament will have an additional day added onto it so it will end Feb 26th.

Because we have 5 participants, there will be 3 rounds. Battles must be completed within the 2 weeks so get to it everyone!

scizor64

"sciz"
Ill post my results all here. Where I live, we have been reduced to using one computer. Ill try to be on as much as possible to complete the rounds. If anyone would like a battle feel free to pm or vm me to set up a time.

Battle Result Form:

Serebii Name: scizor64
Challenger and Round#: dragontamer44722 round # 1
Result: 1-0
Comment about the battle: Very threatening mons on both sides of the playing field. Dragontamer is a great sport and this is a fun tour.

Challenger and Round#: DJSummers round # 2
Result: 1-0
Comment about the battle: Apologies from me for the hax, it was very close. You are a great battler and your skills definitely showed up throughout the entire battle.

Challenger and Round#: twinyoshi45 round # 3
Result: 0-2 (i lost)
Comment about the battle: It was an interesting battle with a nice lead on his end from a pokemon i originally thought didnt pose too much of a threat. Man was i wrong, and skilled plays did me in. Very fun battle!

Last edited:

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
I'm good to battle whenever so just pm me! signing in post

Serebii Name: twinyoshi45
Challenger and Round#: DragonTamer for Round 1
Result: Dragontamer's win 3-0
Comment about the battle: it was a fun match! although I feel I could have made better plays, GG!

Serebii Name: twinyoshi45
Challenger and Round#: Scizor64 for Round 2
Result: my win 2-0
Comment about the battle: it was very fun! put my Machamp to work in that battle lol, both of us played very well, GG!

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Just as a quick not I'll be adding a discord chatroom later today so if you have the time to battle head on there. It will be up once I return home from work.

Serebii Name:dragontamer44722
Challenger and Round#: Twinyoshi, Round 1
Result: My win 3-0
Comment about the battle: A good match, a boosted mon at the end won the battle for me but it was fun!

Challenger and Round#: Scizor64, Round 2
Result: My loss 0-1
Comment about the battle: I walked right into a bunch of things I should have seen coming but hey, whatcha gonna do. It was close but ultimately the one pokemon who could've helped me got taken down.

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Signing In!!

Battle #1
Challenger and Round#: scizor64
Result: Loss 0 - 1
Comment about the battle: Good game. I should've played the ending differently, as well as use different sets on some of my Pokemon.

Battle #2
Challenger and Round#: Conquer Phoenix
Result: Win 2 - 0
Comment about the battle: Got a lucky crit to kill one of his mons, while hoping for a flinch. Good game.

Battle #3
Challenger and Round#: DT
Result: Win 3 - 0
Comment about the battle: Good game. That critical hit while you were setting up was unfortunate.

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Challenger and Round#: Djsummer, Round 3
Result: My loss 1-3
Comment about the battle: Lost a mon that I really didn't want to lose, think the crit mattered but not sure. Was still fun

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Today is the last day for battles so get them in before its too late! Winners will be announced tomorrow :D

Battle (extra)
Serebii Name: dragontamer44722
Challenger and Round#: Conquer Phoenix
Result: loss 5 - 0
Comment about the battle: Honestly I was very much, meh whatever, in this match. Did a lot of stupid stuff xD

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Sorry for the delay everyone, but I'm happy to announce our winner of this tournament as Djsummers, with 2 wins and a total of 5 pokemon total remaining through his 3 battles. Congrats! Second place goes to Scizor64, and 3rd to Twinyoshi.

scizor64

"sciz"
Sorry for the delay everyone, but I'm happy to announce our winner of this tournament as Djsummers, with 2 wins and a total of 5 pokemon total remaining through his 3 battles. Congrats! Second place goes to Scizor64, and 3rd to Twinyoshi.

Awesome! Glad to be a part of the tour. I really have a long way to go but am happy to have taken part!

Status
Not open for further replies.