• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Valuable Experience for All! (929)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Mega Sceptile VS Raichu! I Received Some EXP!!

After the first round, the Kalos League contineus and this time, Tierno and Sawyer end up facing eachother. Sawyer has been studying Tierno's battle strategy, noting how rhthmically based it is since it is based on dancing. The battle is quite fierce. Who will get through and will Ash & Alain get through their battles?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Janovy

Banned
LOL, Ash vs Astrid lasted full 2 minutes.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I missed the pre-opening bit, but was the Slaking owned by Astrid?

In any case, Ash took out Mega Absol with Flying Press..

We see Ash take out two pokémon with one attack and he's in the Semifinals.. It's a kick in the teeth...

Semifinals will be Ash vs. Sawyer and Alan vs. Remo..

I honestly don't get this league..

Noooooo!!

Let's see who dares defend this bullsh*t excuse for a league now...

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I'm enjoying the Tierno vs Sawyer battle so far. Nice strategy on Aeigslash's part.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Noooooo!!

I don't get it either. The League is supposed to be a great arc that celebrates Ash's team and his entire journey. Not just taking revenge for two rival battles he had 10 episodes ago. It's nice that Hawlucha got an early win against a Mega no less, but it's really pathetic that Tomo is the only trainer we will see Ash face in the league that he hasn't fought before. Not to mention the fact that we only see Ash-Greninja take one of his pokémon out with a single attack and we're stuck with spending screentime on Pikachu vs. Furfrou 2.0, Alan vs. Trevor and Tierno vs. Sawyer, which nobody really wanted to see anyway..

nickdt

Hahahahahaha. This league is a joke. Another half an hour of my life wasted.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I don't get it either. The League is supposed to be a great arc that celebrates Ash's team and his entire journey. Not just taking revenge for two rival battles he had 10 episodes ago. It's nice that Hawlucha got an early win against a Mega no less, but it's really pathetic that Tomo is the only trainer we will see Ash face in the league that he hasn't fought before. Not to mention the fact that we only see Ash-Greninja take one of his pokémon out with a single attack and we're stuck with spending screentime on Pikachu vs. Furfrou 2.0, Alan vs. Trevor and Tierno vs. Sawyer, which nobody really wanted to see anyway..
I've noticed that there have been problems like these going on ever since the Sinnoh League where they cut Ash's battles against COTD characters and focus more on his rivals' matches and the final rounds. As shown here, the problem keeps getting worse with each passing league

My guess is that they're mainly doing to help build up the hype for when Ash faces Alain & Sawyer in the Victory Tournament

Last edited:

Pteranodonte

I've noticed that there have been problems like these going on ever since the Sinnoh League where they cut Ash's battles against COTD characters and focus more on his rivals' matches and the final rounds. As shown here, the problem keeps getting worse with each passing league

Bu in Sinnoh we saw the full battles (except the cutted Quilava vs Armaldo), here we'll only see 2 full lenght battles, while the other ones have been rushed and cutted.

Hanto

Water Addiction
With all that hotness of Astrid writers should give her prominent battle VS Ash (like Katie in Hoenn), but alas. Only Leprechaun and Mr. Megadude will get their spotlight
Remember the Hoenn league?

The writers certainly don't.

YEAH! And Johto preliminaries were kinda neat to watch too

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Bu in Sinnoh we saw the full battles (except the cutted Quilava vs Armaldo), here we'll only see 2 full lenght battles, while the other ones have been rushed and cutted.

True, but as I said, the problem kept getting worse with each passing league since Unova was worse than Sinnoh and (minus the battle with Cameron) this league is feeling worse than Unova. Plus, Nando was already established as a rival for both Ash and Dawn since he was pursuing battles & contests, not to mention that he & Conway appeared multiple times beforehand

Last edited:

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Meh. Battle against Ayaka were to short, but I still enioyed Tierno vs Sawyer.

Glad the next 4-5 episodes are full 6vs6 battles to balance out these two episodes.

Last edited:

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Noooooo!!

Okay, I can admit, we should have at least one episode before this to Ash's progress throughout instead of saying, "Hey, he's in the semis now!" while skipping the top 32 and top 64. In fact, I feel like the opening episode had too much crammed in. If we kept all the same elements of last episode and made it longer, say with a cliffhanger of Ash being unable to make his first battle because the Furfrou guy's holding him up, then he'd at least get a decent battle against Tomo or whoever his name was.

What makes a league a league for me is how memorable it becomes. This certainly isn't the case so far.

Here's my headcanon: Squeeze two episodes in between this and last week's episode showing Ash getting to his first match despite being late and have him win pretty easily. Go onto him getting through the top 32 and 16 before going up against Astrid, whom he'll remember from Movie 17. While the first half of the episode focuses more on battles, the second half focuses on character development, with Ash keeping his serious mentality along with everyone else, plus we find out a few things about Team Flare's plan for the future, involving Alain.

Second episode focuses around Ash V. Astrid, which isn't crammed up into a single match. Ash takes out two of her Pokemon with two of his own, but both end up pretty weakened from the battle. He goes to Hawlucha to face Absol, and Astrid makes the serious mistake of underestimating Hawlucha since she remembered defeating it before, and thus decides not to Mega Evolve. Hawlucha is leaving Absol completely helpless to his speed and strength, and Astrid has to evolve him, even though it's a little late for it. This leads to her losing 3-0 to Ash, but they share a nice handshake and wish each other luck. Episode ends with Ash waiting on Sawyer V. Tierno, while Team Flare is plotting in the background of it all.

And before anyone says anything, this is all headcanon. I'm definitely not pleased with how the league episodes are being structured so horrendously. Say what you want about Unova, but at least the episodes seemed more cohesive than this.

Ugh... This is why leagues like Hoenn and Sinnoh are highly regarded. Not only do they give us great battles and nice visuals, but there's also a great sense of a step-by-step scenario when it comes to Ash getting through it. Here, we just saw him leap to the semis, no problem whatsoever. I mean, I want him to win, but I also want him to flesh out more as a character. Come on!

Janovy

Banned
The next episodes better make up for this mess.