• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Values of Legendary Cats/Dogs/Whatever

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Does anyone know when the IVs, nature, and (most importantly imo) shinyness of Suicune/Entei/Raikou is set? Many people are saying they don't know, but I believe it is set when you obtain the National Dex from Prof. Oak.

Lostelle

vicious opportunist
Um. Any pokemon can have any set of IVs and nature, and all pokemon have a 1 in 8,000 some odd chance in being a shiney. The national dex has nothing to do with it.

Oh, sorry, I get what you're asking now. Hmm. Yea, I have no idea when all of that is set.

Come to think of it, wasn't there a show on the television that said there was a legendary dog roaming the region? That's probably when their IVs and all are set.

Last edited:

Av0idTheL1ght

If I remember, it's set on when you beat the Elite 4.

But I don't know that for sure. It sucks its set, makes it practically impossible for shiny in GBA games.

If you want a good dog, get one off colo. No matter what the dogs in FR and LG have crappy Ivs as well as the Latis that aren't from Southern Island. 20 in hp, 3 in atk, and 0 in everything else.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
If you want a good dog, get one off colo. No matter what the dogs in FR and LG have crappy Ivs as well as the Latis that aren't from Southern Island. 20 in hp, 3 in atk, and 0 in everything else.

That is not true, IIRC, a friend of mine named Alfonse got a Latios that had AT LEAST flawless IVs in 2 stats. They aren't set to have low IVs, it is just more common to have low IVs. At least imo it is because I don't consider any IV less than 20 good, leaving you with a 20/32 chance of getting a pokemon with bad/okay IVs and a 12/32 chance of getting one with a IV.

LawlessChaoz: I think they are dogs, too, but some people are really set on the belief that they are cats. I didn't want to cause any troubles.

Edit: Well, actually, Raikou is a saber-tooth tiger, Entei is some sort of a dog, and Suicune is a wolf to me.

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
The Ivs/Natures of Latios/Latias and the 3 'Dogs' are set when you first start the game.

Also the 'Dogs' tend to have really low IVs in everything but HP, and Latios/Latias have just random IVs

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
but thats just for running legendaries right...?

yes, any legendary/pokemon you can go up to and talk to the IVs/Nature are reset when you turn the game off as long as you save before battling them, same with the starters.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
The Ivs/Natures of Latios/Latias and the 3 'Dogs' are set when you first start the game.

Also the 'Dogs' tend to have really low IVs in everything but HP, and Latios/Latias have just random IVs

Okay, thanks for answering the question everyone. However, the Latis natures are set when you watch the TV show about them, I've tested it. I saved before watching the broadcast and I caught Latios, it was Sassy, I soft reset, repeated, and I got a Rash Latios.