• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games Discussion Thread

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
2010, Nation Vs Nation, to strive for perfection and domination....

Well, I have waited and waited and no one has posted a thread like this yet, so here we go. This thread is talking about the 2010 Olympics. Lame title is lame I know. But hey, it was time I made something with a little shazam.

So this year the Winter Olympics of 2010 are being held in Vancouver, British Colombia, Canada in February.
Shows the Schedule of what is going to go on.

So without further ado, let us discuss the Olympics, are you excited about it? Who do you think will prevail among the other countries? And much more.

Personally, for once I am excited that it is almost here, last time it was in Canada was in 1988 I do believe in Calgary i could be wrong. This one I will be able to remember. I am going to mostly watch the hockey games and perhaps Bobsledding. My two favorite winter sports to watch. The team I am cheering for, obviously, is Team Canada. We should hopefully do great things during the winter games.

Spire

soiya
Australia will make a token effort and may even win a medal on account of everyone else screwing up.

raganbaby_6

Slavophile and hockey fan
Is it just me, or is attention in the U.S. sorely lacking? Not seeing a whole lot of promos here.

Unlike Canadian news sources (namely in Vancouver/BC), who mention various topics having to do with it. Check the CBC's site, and the Vancouver Sun and see what I mean.

Double-oh-Platypus

Diablo... buddy :D

I'll be watching hockey (of course) as well as figure skating (being a skater myself). I'll probably tune in for a few snowboarding races as that's what I like to do at our local ski hill and... yeah :p I'll see what else is on ^^

Nny

Yeah, about that...
Is it just me, or is attention in the U.S. sorely lacking? Not seeing a whole lot of promos here.

Unlike Canadian news sources (namely in Vancouver/BC), who mention various topics having to do with it. Check the CBC's site, and the Vancouver Sun and see what I mean.
It's already been proven that NBC will be losing money on the Olympics.

I am only watching if Colbert is on one of the teams.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i might see the opening of it, that's allways spectacilair.
let's hope the host will make something good out of it:)

treespyro

Vintage much?
This topic should be made in Feb.

mimefan

Banned
Ummm... Isn't the Winter Olympics the dumber little brother of the summer olympics, due to the sheer fact that only 3 countries actually BOTHER with the damn thing, it's one to miss for me.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I was actually in the areas they set up of the Winter Olympics when I headed to Canada a few months back. Would have bought some souvenirs from it but they were way over priced.
I never bothered watching the winter Olympics either.

muumajii23

I personally prefer the Winter Olympics over the summer ones... xD Although, I am a Canadian... 'Nuff said.

I'll be pretty much be taking a break from life for like two weeks to watch them. xD Mainly be focusing on the Hockey and the Curling though... Maybe a bit of Aerial skiing.

And to all the Americans... Really? xD They have not been advertising it there? We've been getting 2010 Olympic ads since the last Olympics in 2008... xD But meh, Canada is the hosting country.

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
I was actually in the areas they set up of the Winter Olympics when I headed to Canada a few months back. Would have bought some souvenirs from it but they were way over priced.
I never bothered watching the winter Olympics either.

Welcome to Vancouver. :p

Every single advertisement here in southwestern British Columbia is about the Olympics. I will watch hockey, but likely not much else. At least my university closes for two weeks because of the games.

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
Don't be too hasty, there's quite a few ad blurbs and such here in the US. In fact, they've got on Dish Network some video-on-demand stuff explaining some of the sports and such.

As for the main event, I'll probably watch hockey, snowboard-cross, and speed skating.

USA! USA USA!

Double-oh-Platypus

It cost me eight dollars for a pin of the 'unofficial mascot' Mukmuk.

I prefer the winter Olympics to the summer Olympics, mainly because I cannot succeed at anything in the summer Olympics. The only thing I actually watch are the gymnastics whereas I watch a lot of the winter stuff. Maybe it's the cold blood that is chilled by Canadian winters or whatever, but it's just my preference. ^^

treespyro

Vintage much?
Ummm... Isn't the Winter Olympics the dumber little brother of the summer olympics, due to the sheer fact that only 3 countries actually BOTHER with the damn thing, it's one to miss for me.

What do you mean there are 97 nations participating including India and Angola. It may not be the Summer Olympics or the FIFA World Cup but it is a great spectical

Bobblefighter

Relic Owner
I won't be watching any of it. I mean, all those snow sports bore me, and it's not like my country will be winning anything, will they? I prefer to watch the Commonwealth games.

mimefan

Banned
What do you mean there are 97 nations participating including India and Angola. It may not be the Summer Olympics or the FIFA World Cup but it is a great spectical

Yeah but only Russia and Canada actually give a damn about the winter olympics, I mean if I wanted to see snow, I would look outside, I don't need to see a whole 2 weeks of snow, ya know what I mean.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Yeah but only Russia and Canada actually give a damn about the winter olympics, I mean if I wanted to see snow, I would look outside, I don't need to see a whole 2 weeks of snow, ya know what I mean.

Include the Scandinavian Countries, West-Central Europe, USA and hell even Australia does.

All countries that are participating would actually give a damm.

ForeverFlame

I'm actually going to Vancouver next month to go see them, so I'm pretty excited. But I am not excited for the overcrowded hotels (we had to book our's months in advance).

Double-oh-Platypus

I'm sure that the citizens of Vancouver are extremely displeased. It's costing them as a lot of them cannot get to their jobs with new routes for the Olympians and such and in fact, a lot of residents will not even be in the city during the Olympics. I have a feeling my town will get a lot more tourists as we're one of the larger cities in the BC interior.