• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games Discussion Thread

Vernikova

Champion
Venomfrog said:
It was not illegal, and as mentioned in the article, Jon Montgomery swigged beer all throughout the ski resort after his victory in skeleton.

Hockey Canada rightfully apologized, but I still think it is a bit of an overreaction.

It's a double standard apparentley. I will admit though that some of the things mentioned in the article are pretty wild especially for the IOC's standards.

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
Finland showed up nicely today. I almost thought I saw a sighting of one of them on the ice.

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
Finland showed up nicely today. I almost thought I saw a sighting of one of them on the ice.

Great sarcasm.

Finland plays Slovakia for bronze in ice hockey today, and for gold tomorrow, it is Canada against the United States, a rematch of the 2002 gold medal game (which Canada won) and a preliminary round match this year (which the U.S. won).

Canada won a pair of golds yesterday to move in first in that category with ten, and to tie a Winter Games record for most gold by a host nation. With men's curling and men's short-track speedskating pursuit gold medal matches today and the big hockey game tomorrow, Canada has a very good chance to break that record.

theforgottensoldier

divide and conquer!
Damn, Canada won the gold in hockey. A little upset that the United States lost but still that had to be one of the greatest hockey games i have seen in a while.

Double-oh-Platypus

Man, I think I died like, ten times during that game. It was so stressful, but so worth it in the end.

And Canada breaks another Olympic record :D

Him

Her
Canada has the most gold medals this year.

USA has the most medals this year.

Go Canada <3

I'm glad to have watched a fascinating event this year. And I agree, it has been an emotional season this year. Yes I shed tears during the ending. Now who else agrees about Hockey being intense?!

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
That hockey game was amazingly intense. Both goaltenders played very well and it went right into sudden death.

Great job Canada for breaking the Winter gold record. Great job USA for breaking the Winter overall medal record.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Congrats to Canada for a splendid show and obtaining quite a lot of Gold Medals this time around. I loved the closing ceremony, I almost shed a tear it was so dazzling. I didn't think I'd enjoy the Winter games since I'm more of a summer Olympics type of person but there were a few memorable games and it was good overall.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
Congrats Canada, I guess you've won for now.

I'm happy that America has the most overall medals though so I can live the the hockey losses.

Cobalt_Latios

Finally, after having come back home for reading week, I was able to type this out. Not only that but also catch the penultimate Canada vs. U.S.A. match that pretty much every single Canadian was watching. Considering I don't watch Hockey, I found this a damn good excuse. And I'm certain most, if not all Canada went nuts when that final goal was made.

I don't care that we were third in the medal rankings; we now have the record for most Gold medals in any Winter Olympics! And the next winter olympics will be in So... damn, I forget the name. It's in Russia. And the next Summer Olympics is in London England. Excited for both!

Closing ceremony was also rather amusing. It was a nice humorous poke at Canada... done by ourselves. And I loved it! Followed by a nice musical performance by various Canadian artists.

Yeah, I enjoyed myself.

C_L

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me

NBC needs to stop covering the Olympics.
They cut off the ceremony for what?
A SHOW THAT WILL NOT MAKE IT 10 EPISODES?

You suck balls, NBC