• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Vanilla Venison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earthquake / HP Ice / Growth / Sleep Powder (possibly Seed Bomb or Sludge Bomb somewhere)

Grass / Ground is just begging to be destroyed by Skarmory, Salamence.. uhh, any Dragon or flying type actually. Grass types too. Grass / Ground has terrible coverage.

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
I can actually normally keep rocks off the field, and even then they don't pose a threat to volcy the majority of the time.

And i lose to FC tran, yeah, but when is it even gonna be used? 75% accuracy on HJK is more risky tbh. FC tran is still sexy tho

Jump Kick (not HJK) has 95% Acc.

Also consider sludge bomb on Venusaur.

Overall it looks good.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Earthquake / HP Ice / Growth / Sleep Powder (possibly Seed Bomb or Sludge Bomb somewhere)

Grass / Ground is just begging to be destroyed by Skarmory, Salamence.. uhh, any Dragon or flying type actually. Grass types too. Grass / Ground has terrible coverage.
Yeah, I was just getting that feeling from the tests. Any team with Dragons / Skarmory was killing me. Might just use the standard mixed set with Sleep Powder > SB.
Jump Kick (not HJK) has 95% Acc.

Also consider sludge bomb on Venusaur.

Overall it looks good.
HJK is High Jump Kick. And still, I'm pretty sure balloon trans usage is less than 5%, or whatever.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
OK, that looks even better! Testing atm.

EDIT: I assume you mean Power Whip, not Wood Hammer? Wood Hammer is not obtainable on Venusaur.
Whoops, my mistake. Yes, I meant Power Whip.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Actaully, I'm weak to Dragons with standard mixed, so I'm going to go with bh's set for now.

Once I've finished testing I'll update the OP.

Utopian

faults & feats
I can actually normally keep rocks off the field, and even then they don't pose a threat to volcy the majority of the time.

And i lose to FC tran, yeah, but when is it even gonna be used? 75% accuracy on HJK is more risky tbh. FC tran is still sexy tho

Oh yeah, oops lol.

i said jump kick....

and i think theres a better chance that lava plume will hit and burn your opponent than WoW actually hitting something! might want to run roar for dem sweepers!

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
Hey Barb,

Pretty solid team you have here, but there are some things tht look pretty problematic. On first look things like Scarf terrakion and Scarf landorus look really annoying. Scarf terrakion can outspeed and seriously hurt every member of ur team, as sawsbuck reaches 510 speed and terrak has 519, and venu needs timid to outspeed him. Secondly, scarf landorus can spam earthquakes on ur team constantly(easier if opponent is smart with sand). And even if u have sun, you dont want to be switching sawsbuck or venu in and lowering ther survivability. The easiest solution would be to drop venusaur(assuming tht since sawsbuck is base of ur team u wouldnt want to drop him) for a Donphan. Donphan can solidly check scarf terrak, and scarf lando eqs(volcarona can use hp ices to setup). I would like to reccomend a 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def @ impish w/ Rapid Spin/ Earthquake/ Ice shard/ Toxic. As you already have rocks on tran, I thought u could use toxic to catch jellicents/other spin blockers off guard. Rapid Spin also keeps rocks off the field, which can be really helpful if u decide to run an offensive volc set

Also as many other people have stated, sp def tran looks quite troublesome for ur team. The easiest solution to this, would be to change ur volcarona to an offensive HP Ground set. This set would work amazingly at luring in heatran and koing.

Anyways, hope i helped ^^

Last edited:

RedAce♠

Ace Trainer
Almost a Soild Team I believe.

This is another odd ball team (I don't mean it in a bad way though.) You do seem to have a nice set up and I was a little worried that you gave your Venusaur HP Fire, instead of HP or something along that line. But it makes sence since your will-o-wisp would take care of most if not all power house pokes. Also that solor beam will hit really hard with growth added, so most pokemon without a decent sp. def or grass resistances will probably be 1 hit K-Oed.

Also since Ninetales is a bit frail to hard hitting moves you might want to replace leftovers with, focus sash. Since Ninetails is your only way to keep the field sunny, which seems to be a major flaw in your team, it might be wise to give another of your pokes sunny day as a move, because most players will probably be looking to skin your fox ^^; But the rest seems soild and it's good to see someone useing a lower tier pokemon like Sawsbuck. I think he will do very well for this team, even if sunny day makes it worse for at least two of your pokemon. Also what do you have to counter for teams who use entry hazards? Ninetales and Volcarona will be hurt hard by ST, though Toxic spikes will be pointless given the fact you have two steel types and a poison type on your team, so that only leaves spikes, which can hurt all 6 of your party.

So in some parts it's weak, but as far as a straight offense team... I think it will do very well. But you need to watch out for weather changers and pokemon who will take aim at your ninetails and 2 of the 3 entry hazards. With that off to the side, I give your team a 4/5

Last edited:

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
i said jump kick....

and i think theres a better chance that lava plume will hit and burn your opponent than WoW actually hitting something! might want to run roar for dem sweepers!

Try Morning Sun Espeon, to protect your team from entry hazards with could be very bad to any poke on this team.

If you have probs with heatran, try Sash Dugtrio, it traps non-balloon heatran and scores a KO with Reversal or Earthquake =).

Hey Barb,

Pretty solid team you have here, but there are some things tht look pretty problematic. On first look things like Scarf terrakion and Scarf landorus look really annoying. Scarf terrakion can outspeed and seriously hurt every member of ur team, as sawsbuck reaches 510 speed and terrak has 519, and venu needs timid to outspeed him. Secondly, scarf landorus can spam earthquakes on ur team constantly(easier if opponent is smart with sand). And even if u have sun, you dont want to be switching sawsbuck or venu in and lowering ther survivability. The easiest solution would be to drop venusaur(assuming tht since sawsbuck is base of ur team u wouldnt want to drop him) for a Donphan. Donphan can solidly check scarf terrak, and scarf lando eqs(volcarona can use hp ices to setup). I would like to reccomend a 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def @ impish w/ Rapid Spin/ Earthquake/ Ice shard/ Toxic. As you already have rocks on tran, I thought u could use toxic to catch jellicents/other spin blockers off guard. Rapid Spin also keeps rocks off the field, which can be really helpful if u decide to run an offensive volc set

Also as many other people have stated, sp def tran looks quite troublesome for ur team. The easiest solution to this, would be to change ur volcarona to an offensive HP Ground set. This set would work amazingly at luring in heatran and koing.

Anyways, hope i helped ^^

This is another odd ball team (I don't mean it in a bad way though.) You do seem to have a nice set up and I was a little worried that you gave your Venusaur HP Fire, instead of HP or something along that line. But it makes sence since your will-o-wisp would take care of most if not all power house pokes. Also that solor beam will hit really hard with growth added, so most pokemon without a decent sp. def or grass resistances will probably be 1 hit K-Oed.

Also since Ninetales is a bit frail to hard hitting moves you might want to replace leftovers with, focus sash. Since Ninetails is your only way to keep the field sunny, which seems to be a major flaw in your team, it might be wise to give another of your pokes sunny day as a move, because most players will probably be looking to skin your fox ^^; But the rest seems soild and it's good to see someone useing a lower tier pokemon like Sawsbuck. I think he will do very well for this team, even if sunny day makes it worse for at least two of your pokemon. Also what do you have to counter for teams who use entry hazards? Ninetales and Volcarona will be hurt hard by ST, though Toxic spikes will be pointless given the fact you have two steel types and a poison type on your team, so that only leaves spikes, which can hurt all 6 of your party.

So in some parts it's weak, but as far as a straight offense team... I think it will do very well. But you need to watch out for weather changers and pokemon who will take aim at your ninetails and 2 of the 3 entry hazards. With that off to the side, I give your team a 4/5
Thanks for all the rates!

I'll go over them at another point and make some decisions. I seriously doubt Venusaur wont last this group of tests.

I'd say you need a back-up plan. What would you do if your Ninetales was KO'ed, and another weather effect was put into play? Rain would ruin Volcarona and Heatran. Be very wary of rock-types. At last-years VGC's, I faced 2-3 Volcarona's, and they all failed miserably against my Conkeldurr with an activated Guts' Rock Slide. Maybe incorporate Blaziken or Infernape in there? They're excellent physical attackers for a Sun team.

Last edited:

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
I'd say you need a back-up plan. What would you do if your Ninetales was KO'ed, and another weather effect was put into play? Rain would ruin Volcarona and Heatran. Be very wary of rock-types. At last-years VGC's, I faced 2-3 Volcarona's, and they all failed miserably against my Conkeldurr with an activated Guts' Rock Slide. Maybe incorporate Blaziken or Infernape in there? They're excellent physical attackers for a Sun team.

This isn't VGC...

And Volcarona and Heatran work fine in rain. It's Sawsbuck and Venusaur that are hurt by it.

This isn't VGC...

And Volcarona and Heatran work fine in rain. It's Sawsbuck and Venusaur that are hurt by it.

I didn't mean it that way. I was using the VGCs as a competitive example.
And what I meant in Volcarona and Heatran's weakness was the weakening of Fire-type moves and the strengthening of Water-type moves.

Try Growth / Hp Ice / EQ / Seed Bomb on Venusaur. Run enough speed to hit 260, which outruns Scarf Terrakion in the sun. 252 Attack with the rest in Sp attack.

If you can pull off a Growth you will OHKO virtually the entire OU tier. Only the non-ground weak Steels like Ferrothorn and Scizor beat you but they won't last long against a sun team. This also helps slightly negate your Heatran weakness.

Consider HP Ground on Ninetales to help take down Heatran. You can use Power Herb to hit Politoed and Tyranitar in the Rain / Sand with Solarbeam at full power but it won't OHKO either one.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
What I meant was, Blaziken is banned and Infernape is a bad sweeper.

I'll test it bh. Too many things to test >.< I guess that's what you get whne you post a bad team.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Dragonite is a huge weakness to your team. It can mow down everyone if it has Earthquake.

If he uses Blue Harvest's Venusaur set he outspeeds and OHKOs unboosted with HP Ice, assuming Rocks to break Multiscale. Dragonite needs 2 DDs to outspeed, which it shouldn't get.

Calcs: Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragonite: 364-432 (112.69 - 133.74%) -- guaranteed OHKO, according to Showdown's calculator.

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
Somewhat of a necrobump, closing this

Status
Not open for further replies.