• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Vanity Affair! (378)

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Disappointing battle. For being an Elite 4, I expected Drake to be stronger. And he didn't even unleash his Salamence yet. But I liked Team Rocket's role in this episode and how Drake intimidated them.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Drake was very strong. it was a good leason to Ash about the Elite4.

And Jessie and James were strange with the milk.

8/10

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Elite 4 Drake for the 1st time in the Anime. It was cool to see Shelgon for the 1st time. The Scizor vs Torkoal, Grovyle vs Altaria, and Pikachu vs Shelgon battles were really cool. Ash lost the battle, but that was to be expected when battling a member of the Elite 4. Altaria looked very cool when doing Sky Attack. I liked the advice Drake gave to Ash at the end.

40/100

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Did Drake really order a glass of hot milk with peppermint, or was just in the dub?

Vernikova

Champion
Oh, the regional "Ash gets killed by an Elite Four member" and "Ash is overconfident so he has to get crushed" episode all rolled up into one. Well, it was nice seeing Ash believe that he had a chance to compete with Drake.

NPT

Just a member
Meh.....this episode was a rehash of the Orange Islands episode "The Mandarin Island Miss Match", where Ash got too overconfident, but Elite four member Lorelei Prima defeated him and taught him a good lesson.
In This episode, Ash got too overconfident AGAIN and ended up losing to a Elite four member AGAIN. It seemed like the writers ran out of Ideas, so they decided to make the same episode......but in a different settings. I think the writers should've came up with a better idea for Drake's appearance episode.

>Sky Attack
Okay, so that was what Altaria used when it glowed red. Good to know!

Now that it's mentioned, this episode was similar to that Orange Islands episode. Yet, I'm not complaining.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
It was nice to see Ash get humilated after he had become overconfident.Altaria's Sky Attack looked epic,I wish they kept it in later episodes.I enjoyed watching Grovyle get pummeled by Altaria,because taking out Winona's Altaria using Leaf Blade felt incredibly cheap.I wish Grovyle learned Dragon Breath in this battle,though.
9/10

pokefreak18

Nathaniel
Hot milk with peppermint? Drake has got to be one of the manliest pokemon trainers around.
Loved how he owned Ash, yet they were best mates by the end of the episode.

pokefreak18

Nathaniel
Hot milk with peppermint? Drake has got to be one of the manliest pokemon trainers around.
Loved how he owned Ash, yet they were best mates by the end of the episode.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow Drake from the RSE games showing up was awesome and even tho I knew Ash would get crushed when they battled, I still liked how it went down. Drake's ship was cool as well and I liked the pirate theme. :D

JudySpell

Banned
Drake was strong and I'm glad that he won against Ash and helped deflate Ash's ego a little even if this episode was a rehash of The Mandarin Island Miss Match. 7/10

Gillachu

Banned
Drake seemed less OP than Lorelei at least, but this episode mostly made Ash seem like small fry compared to the E4.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Definitely one of my favourite AG episodes. I enjoyed the battle between Ash and Drake because of Drake being a Dragon trainer and also a member of the Elite Four. Grovyle at least tried against Altaria and I felt a bit sad about the loss despite its win against Winona's Altaria.

Ash seemed overconfident again which I'm not a fan of since Ash is better when he's humble, so Drake winning and showing Ash how to be humble was good.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
but this episode mostly made Ash seem like small fry compared to the E4.

Well he was doomed from the start cuz despite how some people viewed his Hoenn team, I didn't think it was that strong. So even ignoring Drake's status, I knew Ash didn't stand a chance with that team. :[

Well he was doomed from the start cuz despite how some people viewed his Hoenn team, I didn't think it was that strong. So even ignoring Drake's status, I knew Ash didn't stand a chance with that team. :[

I thought Ash's Hoenn team was brilliant here. They didn't win but they put up a good fight against Drake which is a step up from how fast Lorelei whooped Ash in the Orange Islands.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
While he isn't my fave Hoenn Elite Four member, it was still quite the treat to see Drake in this episode. I was disappointed that he battled Ash, though. It was like the Prima episode all over again since Ash didn't stand a chance against a member of the Elite Four. :c