• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Varanus's XY Breeding, Shiny, and Event Trade Shop

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
for some reason this site won't let me make a forum post. I'm just wondering how long it takes to breed for a shiny? I'm breeding with a Italian Ralts and one I caught with its hidden ability. I've hatched about 90 eggs so far and none were shiny. I was told the chances were higher than encounting through the wild but I've found more in the wild than this so far. If anyone can explain this to me, also explain 6IV breeding easily to me PM me. Thanks

You just made a forum post by posting in my shop. :) If shops are absolutely the only place you can post, you might want to PM a mod and ask what's going on. However, it also might be a browser problem. Try changing browsers before contacting the staff. If you're using a smartphone, that might also be the problem..

The proper place to ask this question is in the XY Help Thread (if you're on Gen VI), the Pokemon Questions Thread, or the Shiny Thread. There are also several other threads where that would be an appropriate question, but I'm suggesting those three.

On to your question - how long it takes to breed for a shiny depends on what game you're playing and if you're using the Masuda Method (MM) (which you are). In XY, the Masuda Method gives you a 1/683 chance of finding a shiny. This does not mean that you are guaranteed to find a shiny before 700 eggs. Some people on this forum have used the Masuda Method and hatched thousands of eggs before they got a shiny. Whether or not the Shiny Charm affects the Masuda Method is still up in the air; apparently Smogon is currently testing whether or not it does.

The chances of finding a shiny by breeding WITHOUT the Masuda Method are 1/1365, and the chances of finding a shiny in the wild just randomly, or by soft-resetting, are 1/4063. The chances of finding a shiny in the Friend Safari are unknown; some people believe it is the same as the random encounter rate, and others believe that it is increased.

The desert spirit

Dragon Empress
Hello, I have misdreavus and slakoth I could trade to you. They probably wouldn't have good IVs or nature though

I'm interested in Cherubi and Buneary, with weather ball on the Cherubi if possible

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
what's "Shiny Charm"?

When you complete the National Dex (except for event-only Pokemon, such as Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, etc.), meaning that you have CAUGHT all of the Pokemon, you will be awarded with the Shiny Charm from Professor Sycamore in Lumiose. The Shiny Charm increases the chances that you will find a shiny Pokemon in the wild, and whether or not it affects breeding and the Friend Safari is unknown. Questions belong in the links that I provided to you; this is my trade shop, not a help forum. You can also PM or VM me with any questions you have and I'll be happy to help.

Hello, I have misdreavus and slakoth I could trade to you. They probably wouldn't have good IVs or nature though

I'm interested in Cherubi and Buneary, with weather ball on the Cherubi if possible

I will definitely trade you Buneary and Cherubi for Misdreavus and Slakoth! Buneary and Cherubi won't have good IVs, but I can do certain natures if you want. Cherubi is in a Love Ball, though, not a Weather Ball.

The desert spirit

Dragon Empress
I meant the egg move weather ball, not a pokeball :p and I don't care what nature they have.

shinyclauncher1234

the shinyclauncher12
I can GIVE all of the poke bank pokemon(legends not included)

A shiny thundrus
A shiny darkrai
Shiny latios
Shiny mew
A regular lugia
And a 5iv dratini marvel scale (wrong nature with 7as nickname :/)
And a HIGH level fly gown (not shiny)

All for free :)

Although I'm also looking for a tornadus (shiny or not)
That would be VERY appreciated for the above :)

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I meant the egg move weather ball, not a pokeball :p and I don't care what nature they have.

Ooooooh that makes a lot more sense. I was thinking that there wasn't such a thing as a Weather Ball, but I haven't played Gen IV in a while. Cherubi does have Weather Ball, so I can put that Egg Move on it. I added your trade request to Post 4 and I'll PM you when it's ready :)

I can GIVE all of the poke bank pokemon(legends not included)

A shiny thundrus
A shiny darkrai
Shiny latios
Shiny mew
A regular lugia
And a 5iv dratini marvel scale (wrong nature with 7as nickname :/)
And a HIGH level fly gown (not shiny)

All for free :)

Do you really mean it? That's extremely generous. I can't possibly repay you for those. I do actually have a shiny Darkrai in a Masterball that I considered putting up for trade here, but I wasn't sure if I should be widely redistributing something that was a gift to me. I also have a shiny Shaymin that I could clone and give to you as repayment for those (when Pokebank comes out...of course.)

Last edited:

shinyclauncher1234

the shinyclauncher12
Do you really mean it? That's extremely generous. I can't possibly repay you for those. I do actually have a shiny Darkrai in a Masterball that I considered putting up for trade here, but I wasn't sure if I should be widely redistributing something that was a gift to me. I also have a shiny Shaymin that I could clone and give to you as repayment for those (when Pokebank comes out...of course.
=====+========+==========+==========+===========+================+========+

I mean it :D

And this darkrai is in a premier ball so it has double sparkles o3o
And I would like a clone of a regular tornadus (DYING FOR ONE ;-; )
As I already have a shiny Shaymin in gen 6 that I'd also like to donate :)

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Do you really mean it? That's extremely generous. I can't possibly repay you for those. I do actually have a shiny Darkrai in a Masterball that I considered putting up for trade here, but I wasn't sure if I should be widely redistributing something that was a gift to me. I also have a shiny Shaymin that I could clone and give to you as repayment for those (when Pokebank comes out...of course.
=====+========+==========+==========+===========+================+========+

I mean it :D

And this darkrai is in a premier ball so it has double sparkles o3o
And I would like a clone of a regular tornadus (DYING FOR ONE ;-; )
As I already have a shiny Shaymin in gen 6 that I'd also like to donate :)

I can clone you regular Tornadus...when Pokebank comes out :p (COME ON NINTENDO....gaaaah). It has pretty average IVs, though. I don't even know how to thank you for your generosity! Whatever I get in return for these, you are welcome to clone for yourself if you would want them.

shinyclauncher1234

the shinyclauncher12
I can clone you regular Tornadus...when Pokebank comes out :p (COME ON NINTENDO....gaaaah). It has pretty average IVs, though. I don't even know how to thank you for your generosity! Whatever I get in return for these, you are welcome to clone for yourself if you would want them.

I know I got home got on my 3ds logged into ESOP and screamed when it wasn't on yet =w=

And I really appreciate tornadus :)

And that would be nice :D

gdpoketrader

Tornadus is 14/08/28/18/29/10 and Thundurus is 09/18/00/12/16/01

Pokemon Bank has launched in "certain Asian countries", according to Nintendo of America's latest Tweet about it. I live in the United States, and it still hasn't been released in the West yet. :(

Pending trades have been added to Post 4. If your trade is not listed there, please reply and let me know!
oh....seems their IVs are not so good.. :(
do you want the below shiny and perfect pokemons?

Ralts Timid Synchronize egg moves: Confuse Ray, Destiny Bond
IV spread: 30/X/31/31/31/31
Azumarill Adamant Hugh Power egg moves: Belly Drum, Aqua Jet
IV spread: 31/X/31/31/31/31

these two pokemons were naturally bred in Gen VI(XY). If you are interested in them, I will tell you the whole offer later.
It will not cost too much. If you only need 6IVs Ditto that I metioned last time, just tell me

thank you

gdpoketrader

these two pokemons were naturally bred in Gen VI(XY). If you are interested in them, I will tell you the whole offer later.
It will not cost too much. If you only need 6IVs Ditto that I metioned last time, just tell me

thank you

you can google their shiny forms.
I pretty love them as they are beautiful.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

thank you

I wouldn't expect you to give me flawless shinies in exchange for Tornadus and Thundurus, as you are right, their IVs are pretty average, and they are not shiny. If you would want more in exchange for your Ralts and Azumarill, I would understand that. I am interested in Ralts, Azumarill, and your 6 IV Ditto. I'll offer you anything that I have listed on my shop page for them. Keep in mind, though, that you will have to wait for Pokebank to come out to get the shinies, legendaries, and events.

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
Varanus, I think I may have a Timid Solar Power Charmander in my PC. I'm interested in your Shiny Slugma

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Varanus, I think I may have a Timid Solar Power Charmander in my PC. I'm interested in your Shiny Slugma

I have a Timid Solar Power Charmander; an HA Pokemon isn't enough to offer for a shiny. Do you have any IV'd Pokemon, legends, events, other shinies, or Battle Maison Items, such as the Assault Vest? Or a Master Ball? I'm also currently looking for a Master Ball. Shiny Slugma is also locked in Gen V, so when we agree on a trade, you'll have to wait for the North American release of PokeBank before we can trade.

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
Blargh. I'm not a iv breeder (Don't know how to iv breed.)

I have some, I have a shop ( But only Kalos Pokemon)

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Blargh. I'm not a iv breeder (Don't know how to iv breed.)

I have some, I have a shop ( But only Kalos Pokemon)

I searched the Trade Shop subforum for your shop, and I can't find it. Could you link me to it? I'd like to see if you're offering anything that I could trade you Slugma for.

gdpoketrader

I wouldn't expect you to give me flawless shinies in exchange for Tornadus and Thundurus, as you are right, their IVs are pretty average, and they are not shiny. If you would want more in exchange for your Ralts and Azumarill, I would understand that. I am interested in Ralts, Azumarill, and your 6 IV Ditto. I'll offer you anything that I have listed on my shop page for them. Keep in mind, though, that you will have to wait for Pokebank to come out to get the shinies, legendaries, and events.

Yes I will wait. And Pokebank seems work now?
I am using japanese version and i can use the bank.
if you are interested in those three, i will make the offer tomorrow and see you will accept or not
thanks

pikamilk

Hi, not sure if anyone offered you a HA Male Piplup already, I have one that's perfect but WITHOUT any egg moves, and have one that has egg moves but is not perfect in Speed.

And I have a HA female Plusle too.

Are you interested in any of them? :)

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Yes I will wait. And Pokebank seems work now?
I am using japanese version and i can use the bank.
if you are interested in those three, i will make the offer tomorrow and see you will accept or not
thanks

I'm using the North American version of the game, and I don't have PokeBank yet, so we'll have to wait to trade if you want Tornadus, Thundurus, or any events, legends, or shinies. What did you want for your Ralts, Azumarill, and 6IV Ditto? I would love to trade with you for them.

Hi, not sure if anyone offered you a HA Male Piplup already, I have one that's perfect but WITHOUT any egg moves, and have one that has egg moves but is not perfect in Speed.

And I have a HA female Plusle too.

Are you interested in any of them? :)

I have been offered an HA Piplup, but not a flawless one. I also need HA Plusle. What would you want for them?