• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachmac

PS Username: Dragon Tamer Zach
Your fave kinda dog: Any and all kings. I luv doggies.

I have a team with three dragons on it that I wanna test out, so this was good timing.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Ooh, who's gonna finish first I wonder. -w-
And suggests are in!

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell

Considering we only have Grandbull to take fighting hits, I feel like Musharna would be a wise choice. Knock Off won't do much to it either being as bulky as it is. It provides our team with a sweeper, tanker, and cleric. I was contemplating putting Baton Pass on it in order to make it a pivot, but I wasn't sure which move to get rid of.

OK, how would this fit for the CCAT?
Mesprit @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish/Calm Mind
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam

Simple enough set, provides a cover for Fighting, while posing a threat to a good few things, with Grass/Bug/Psychic hitting everything that's not Steel type for at least neutral. CM for boosting to tank-like power levels, while Healing Wish can reboot someone else.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Pain Split
- Flamethrower

Ok I will give my reasons for this. Weezing has been given a typing in this gen that helps it live in nu and in some other tiers. Poison helps us against fighting saves us from eq's and gives us some much needed tankyness. As the two sprite pokemon (check this pokemon need to run clacs on what a pyschock does to weezing) I believe weezing covers some threats that would hurt us in the long run

Hariyama - Assault vest
Ability : Guts
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Been using him with the rest of the CCAT team and he's fit in nicely....Hes nice and bulky, high hp and def stats make it possible to make him even bulkier with the addition in sp.def. Knock Off is a must along with bullet punch priority! Ice punch deals with your birds and close combat is a nice STAB to deal huge damage!

Well? What're you waitin for? KOREAN BOXING DAY?? It's been a long time comin. VOTE FOR THE LAST MON.
Voting ends on Friday the 11'th 12:00 PM
Link
To CURRENT team​

Last edited:

HoboJak

Unbroken
I'll be different and vote Hariyama

Ooh also I enjoy climbing
PS Username: Got dat trifecta
Your fave kinda dog: Uh.... a cat? c:

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
AAAND TIME

VOBanner3_zpsa92ae0f4.png
credits to AnakBaé
for glorious banner
FINISHED

;_;7

NU Ranking Viability List

neat

all of yaz said:
mega-camerupt.png

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Will-O-Wisp / Substitute

This set here is pretty much Camerupt-Megas coup de grâce on the NU meta. Fire Blast is of course, the move needed to take extreme advantage of Mega-Camerupts ability and alongside Earth Power to greet resisting Water/Rock types such as Seismitoad, Rhydon, and Carracosta these STABs are pretty much all that you'll wanna press. However we must have two other moves! Rock Slide is there to hit the occasional Mantine and grants coverage. Will-O-Wisp is there in the end to burn something you might find unattractive for the team but Substitute is slashed to take advantage of all the switches Mega-Camerupt is sure to cause. NO SPEED CREEPING ALLOWED. >>

just%20a%20seismitoad_zpsoeezxhpb.gif

Google (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic

What is Camerupt's biggest weakness you may ask? Water of course, so this pokemon is a great partner of it :)
Every team needs rocks, and as an added bonus Seismitoad has that nice water absorb to combat Camerupt's 4x to water and in turn Camerupt provides some nice fire coverage against Seismitoad's 4x weakness to grass

210.png

ToothDisorder (Granbull) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Wave / Heal Bell

Ok, I was gonna nominate Ferroseed, but I feared we would be heading towards stall. My nomination is a Fairy, but not just any Fairy.
This is perhaps the best NU Offensive Fairy there is

Grass types seem to outspeed both our current mons.
This guy provides some great offensive support for this team.
Having STAB Play Rough and Ground Coverage, along with Ice Punch coverage for both current members makes a more than substantial balanced core.

Use T-Wave to cripple opponents and give Granbull and the rest of the team a fighting chance, or at least a free turn to attack.
Heal Bell is a good option for Granbull, as it heals the team from any status inflicted.
Granbull has low Special Defense, and its STAB is resisted by Typhlosion and Pyroar, two Special attackers that threaten it. The latter is speedy so don't try to be a hero with EQ and switch out to one of the other teammates.

In conclusion, Granbull makes a good teammate because it provides offensivve support for its team, as well as finds defensive support from the current members.

WinterRika.png

Sawsbuck @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Jolly - Sap Sipper
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
-Double Edge
-Horn Leech
-Jump Kick
-Swords Dance / Substitute

No Grass resist and no Speed...?

Easily solved.
Unlike Seismitoad, Sawsbuck takes a more proactive approach in slaying Water types, and walls Grass types and powder moves from stuff like Parasect and Leafeon. Horn Leech is mandatory STAB and healing, while Double Edge packs a bit more power to break through bulkier threats. Jump Kick hits Steels (Nature Power is Tri Attack in Gen 6, so it's not an option), and the last move depends on the hold item. Substitute works better with a Life Orb to block status and take advantage of switches, but Sword's Dance can be used to attempt a sweep.

034.gif

GenghisKhan (Kangaskhan) @ Silk Scarf / Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch / Double-Edge / Earthquake

Boosted STAB Fake Out is a must. It is not hindered by any type with his Ability, Scrappy. Use it first and get some minimal damage.
Sucker Punch is also a must, because no matter what, even if you're up against Hariyama, it's a decent neutral/NVE move.
The last moveslot is up to you. Do you want an unhindered, boosted STAB, or a neutral move that can boost the power of Sucker Punch and Drain Punch? PuP and Double Edge work very well with Lefties, as the former mainly helps with Kangaskhan's longevity and performance and the latter helps regain HP lost from DE recoil, even if not so much.
Earthquake is a third option that an be used as a means of being coverage for Granbull's Steel and Poison weaknesses, as well as Sawsbuck's Fire weakness (although Mega Camerupt and Seismitoad take a better role at Fire types).
Genghis loves Google because of the Hazard support, as it makes Genghis the biggest trollmon when the next mon comes in.
Kangaskhan also loves support from Granbull because it can either Heal its status or slow down returning opponents. In addition, Granbull tanks Kangaskhan's Fighting weakness.
Jolly is recommended, but Adamant will give Genghis a slightly bigger damage output, so it's your choice.

pixel__musharna_by_salomon18-d3g6hk7.png

Musharna @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell

Considering we only have Grandbull to take fighting hits, I feel like Musharna would be a wise choice. Knock Off won't do much to it either being as bulky as it is. It provides our team with a sweeper, tanker, and cleric. I was contemplating putting Baton Pass on it in order to make it a pivot, but I wasn't sure which move to get rid of.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

Google (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic

ToothDisorder (Granbull) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Heal Bell

Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Double Edge
- Horn Leech
- Jump Kick
- Swords Dance

GenghisKhan (Kangaskhan) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge

Musharna @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell

It happened, we finally finished this here NU Camerupt Mega CCAT. ;w;
Thanks everyone, it might've taken a few trys but we done did it.
The fantasticness that is this team is now yours so go ahead and try it out! Switch things up, anything you want! Just make sure you have fun with it and you'll have already won. There's a lot of options already.

BUT WHAT CCAT NEXT?

Also, sign-ups for ladder tourna are over!
Those of you who signed up, good luck!
Get those battles in for the OU Tournament as well! I know time is kinda constrictive but talk with your opps!

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'm voting for Musharna. Heyy guyss Im terrible for never being on I'm sorry

Yer a bit l8 m8

Also Meta you included all the slashes in the importable.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
But that defeats the purpose of it being importable...

You can import it quickly and not have to do all the other jazz like EV's and nature while only needing to do a quick delete on moves and a couple items.
If I put the other thing then that'll defeat the purpose of the slashes!

all these defeated purposes what did they do to deserve it
;-;

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
O Wowie. Ninja was banned with a super majority. Who would've guessed?
Good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.