• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I feel kind of bad for him... I mean, I 6-0'd his team despite the High Jump Kick miss...

When I saw the Butterfree, Onix, and Vileplume on team preview my expectations for the match weren't that high, but Psycho Cut on Bisharp...?

gotta lure in and hit those Conkeldurrs, mang

cmon all, it's just 1425 in OU!
pssh...easy...
those of you who signed up, i mean!

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
gotta lure in and hit those Conkeldurrs, mang

cmon all, it's just 1425 in OU!
pssh...easy...
those of you who signed up, i mean!

Oh shaddap, I'm workin on it

Doing other stuff at the same time though. Besides, don't we have like a week? That's almost comedic.

I'm learning a lot about my team though. I feel like Garchomp is more disposable than I first thought.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-202242907

CB Ferrothorn putting in work.

I can see I'm weak to Mega Gallade though. Every time I brought in Ferro I was practically guaranteed to kill something, but then he'd bring in Gallade, which nothing on my team can really handle. Might drop Garchomp for a Fairy of some sort, or maybe a Lati or something like that.

I'm torn between these two atm, someone help me decide.

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid - Levitate
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Healing Wish

and

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Calm - Pixilate
252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Sp. Atk
-Hyper Voice
-Wish
-Protect
-Heal Bell

Last edited:

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Oh shaddap, I'm workin on it

Doing other stuff at the same time though. Besides, don't we have like a week? That's almost comedic.

I'm learning a lot about my team though. I feel like Garchomp is more disposable than I first thought.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-202242907

CB Ferrothorn putting in work.

I can see I'm weak to Mega Gallade though. Every time I brought in Ferro I was practically guaranteed to kill something, but then he'd bring in Gallade, which nothing on my team can really handle. Might drop Garchomp for a Fairy of some sort, or maybe a Lati or something like that.

I'm torn between these two atm, someone help me decide.

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid - Levitate
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Healing Wish

and

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Calm - Pixilate
252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Sp. Atk
-Hyper Voice
-Wish
-Protect
-Heal Bell

Mega Gallade gets knock off so Latias can't really check it, plus without Garchomp you're forgoing rocks. Unless you don't mind that, maybe you should go with Clefable or something.

Zachmac

Does Rotation have a meta? I always wondered how stuff like that was like. :0
Showdown, sadly, can't run rotation battles. But there are a lot of patterns I've been seeing.

Dual Screens Klefkei is popular. And just Dual Screens in general, since it's easier for teammates to support each other with moves like that. For that reason, Tail Wind and Trick Room are also decently popular.
Calm Mind is everywhere. Since you never need to swap out to retreat to safety, these guys can become deadly, and easy dual screen support just makes those guys insane.
Talonflames were everywhere. But then again, they're everywhere no matter what battle format you're playing.

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
I am a big fan of muti battles now lol

also I have been thinking about running a smash bro tounrey for the 3ds if people are interested please say so on the thread

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Mega Gallade gets knock off so Latias can't really check it, plus without Garchomp you're forgoing rocks. Unless you don't mind that, maybe you should go with Clefable or something.

Maybe, but I want a cleric too so I don't have to worry about burns from Rotom-W as much. Maybe something like this.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold - Magic Guard
252 HP, 252 Defence, 4 Sp. Atk
-Moonblast
-Heal Bell
-Softboiled
-Stealth Rock

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Yup a big fat pat on the back. c:

of coursh, but we'll have to think em up

Tbh if you guys start offering rewards that can only be gained through games other than Pokemon I'm quitting. This is a Pokemon website not a smash bros website and it's unfair to people who don't play those other games.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Tbh if you guys start offering rewards that can only be gained through games other than Pokemon I'm quitting. This is a Pokemon website not a smash bros website and it's unfair to people who don't play those other games.

Well, it is stated that you very well can play other Nintendo games in the tourney rules. However, don't worry, this won't be a standard thing as Pokemon is very much so our main priority, obviously.
This is something we've been thinking about for a while, however.

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Well, it is stated that you very well can play other Nintendo games in the tourney rules. However, don't worry, this won't be a standard thing as Pokemon is very much so our main priority, obviously.
This is something we've been thinking about for a while, however.

Mmm well then.

[video=youtube;_NIwpvmebqg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NIwpvmebqg[/video]

Nah just kidding. But seriously this better not be a regular thing...

Last edited:

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
lol it isnt and who said there will be awards for this lol I have been just thinking about and I will most likely post it on the smash bro thread on serebii

oh and I got addicted to pokemon tcg now :( (help) it is really fun and I love it

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while

With Divine Retribution on this.
If people want to have a lively (and dare I say growing) guild, we should make sure our focus stats on Pokémon.
If anyone wants to do a non-Pokémon thing, it'd be much more open on the xat.

Team Name: Using some s#!t from the bottom of the ladder
Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mega of choice. Boost and bring havoc from the moon and earth. HP Fire for Steels and Grass types.
Magic Bounce is effective in deflecting passive damage methods.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

I liked the look of DR's Garchomp set, seeing as it could do well with Diancie by luring in Dragons and Ice types.
Rocks help with passive damage on opponents side.

Ferrothorn @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Bulldoze
Divine Retribution's Banded Ferro is also an interesting set that I don't see on the ladder (nor the usage stats).
Mainly to put pressure on Water types that threaten Diancie's sweeping (Azumarill threatens Diamon and Chomp, so you want Ferro).

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
Extra pressure on Waters, Steels, and Grass types.
Boosted moves with LO is quite effective.

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 40 SDef / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Cosmic Power
- Air Slash
- Stored Power
Sigilyph is interesting in the sense that it has more physial bulk than Clef. It is also more speedy.
Boost defenses with Cosmic Power, and if Hp gets low, use Roost.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Modest Nature
- Volt Swith
- Pain Split
- Will O' Wisp
- Hydro Pump
Cripples Physical attackers and has two means of recovery
Safe switching (coupled with Ferro's Barbs) is a means to punish FlySpam threats

Want some help before I use this team.

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
seems fine if it is lower ladder team sigilyph is a great pokemon to stack up on given most people dont know what to do when it gets going

um maybe a bold rotom w set though lando or something else would do you good with diancite thunderus and stones taking care of anything talonflame spam

or maybe raikou av set with that nice speed

or or zapdos with defog just to help sigilyph out more since mega diancite might not catch any sr's in time

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
With Divine Retribution on this.
If people want to have a lively (and dare I say growing) guild, we should make sure our focus stats on Pokémon.
If anyone wants to do a non-Pokémon thing, it'd be much more open on the xat.

Team Name: Using some s#!t from the bottom of the ladder
Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mega of choice. Boost and bring havoc from the moon and earth. HP Fire for Steels and Grass types.
Magic Bounce is effective in deflecting passive damage methods.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

I liked the look of DR's Garchomp set, seeing as it could do well with Diancie by luring in Dragons and Ice types.
Rocks help with passive damage on opponents side.

Ferrothorn @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Bulldoze
Divine Retribution's Banded Ferro is also an interesting set that I don't see on the ladder (nor the usage stats).
Mainly to put pressure on Water types that threaten Diancie's sweeping (Azumarill threatens Diamon and Chomp, so you want Ferro).

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
Extra pressure on Waters, Steels, and Grass types.
Boosted moves with LO is quite effective.

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 40 SDef / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Cosmic Power
- Air Slash
- Stored Power
Sigilyph is interesting in the sense that it has more physial bulk than Clef. It is also more speedy.
Boost defenses with Cosmic Power, and if Hp gets low, use Roost.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Modest Nature
- Volt Swith
- Pain Split
- Will O' Wisp
- Hydro Pump
Cripples Physical attackers and has two means of recovery
Safe switching (coupled with Ferro's Barbs) is a means to punish FlySpam threats

Want some help before I use this team.

Stop putting 4 EVs in HP. It limits the amount of times they can switch into entry hazards. For example, with 4 EVs in HP Thundurus can only switch into rocks 3 rather than 4 times (assuming no other damage). Take the 252 defense EVs in Ferrothorn and stick them in HP.

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ferrothorn: 47-56 (13.3 - 15.9%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Ferrothorn: 39-46 (13.4 - 15.8%)

As you can see from the calcs they both give Ferrothorn the same amount of bulkiness, however EVs in HP also reduce the damage it takes from special hits.

For Sigilyph I recommend this set
Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 4 SpD / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Roost
- Psycho Shift
- Stored Power

Speed is good on this set so it can outspeed physical attackers like Bisharp and burn them before they can get a hit in. I'd keep it away from Knock Off though, Sigilyph likes it pretty red orb. >.> (Btw having an even HP doesn't matter for Sigilyph cause Magic Guard)

Also for Rotom-W this set is probably better
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
What, you don't want a potential big fat pat on the back?? :0
jk dont stress about it, Pokemon priorities! It's all still being thought on and I do try my best to be fair.

Bug Monotype
CAPMons
Uber
UU

Pick one and only one for new CCAT. Let's keep it fresh with some different tiers, yeah?

Pickan ends on the 17'th. If you already picked TOO bad, pick again cause ur pick only counts after this post!

Also, sorry bout the lack of Jeoprady lately. The way I make em is borked, but i'll go regular wording if it keeps on like this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.