• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

CAPMons CCAT

Round 3

HEAT'N'EAT​

Heatran just took it he just took it, okay?
ROCKS AND DEFENSIVE PROWESS
Heat'n'Eat those hits.
Playstyle: Balance

frontnormal-maurumoth.png

Aurumoth @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Psyshock/Focus Blast/Will-O-Wisp

Been a long time since I've played CAP so the EVs will probably need to be tweaked. Quiver Dance Aurumoth is a monster of a Pokemon, able to spam 100% accurate Blizzards and Thunders. The last moveset is kind of a toss-up. Psyshock is a good STAB that hits Blissey and stuff hard, but it's only marginally more powerful than Blizzard/Thunder. Focus Blast wrecks some of the few things that resist BoltBeam, like Magnezone. Will-O-Wisp can cripple common switch-ins and helps him take physical hits.

Auromoth's Smogon page

485.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 SDef
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roar

My first instinct when Aurumoth was picked was to add Defensive Heatran to the team.
First off, having Rocks on the field helps any offensive position to pull off a quicker sweep. Toxic also helps our sweepers, and Steel types that resist poisoning don't want to take a Lava Plume even if unboosted.
Secondly, Aurumoth hates Fire and Rock moves, which Heatran can take if you can't take the sweep.
Additionally, because Aurumoth has Blizzard, it can take Colossoil, a major threat to Heatran in that it can bounce back Rocks.
This set allows Heatran to survive both physical hits (mainly Pursuit from Colossoil because we don't want to be 1v1 with it) and special moves from opposing Special Aurumoth and Tomohawk.

Remember guys, CAPMons is built around the current OU tier. As in these Pokemon intermingle outside the official current OU tier, but using the current OU rules and allowed Pokemon in a metagame called CAP. Kinda like an alternate dimension. Meaning like Blackjack said, you CAN suggest other Pokemon that aren't CAP but only OU and below. All finalized mons are included here in this link, I believe. Correct me if i'm wrong im kinda learning as I go to. ^^
You can also delve into general CAPmon details using this link as well in case im super confusing

CAP Encyclopedia

Now onto Round 3 suggestions. You will have until The 27'nd 10:00 PM to get your suggestion in for the next member on our team! Now we've got our rocker in Heatran and cmon man Heatran always makes you feel safe and defended, right? For each CAPMon suggested i'll include their smogon page. Do your best and suggest.
;_;7​

Zachmac

I just found out that Houndour is X exclusive, and I can't find any fair trades on the GTS(unless I really want to give up my Genesect).

I'm changing my privileged pokemon to Vulpix before I start. Is that alright?

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
OK, just got the Bug Badge from Viola.
Current team:
Nick the Fletchling, lvl 14 "The Conqueror"- soloed Viola, despite facing a +2 Def Vivillon with only Peck, under Infestation spam.
Mick the Bunnelby, lvl 10 "The Discoverer"- Has Pickup, and has already netted me a Great Ball and a Hyper Potion.
Pi the Litleo, lvl 10- No title yet.
Arcos the Binacle, lvl 11- No title yet.

Boxed
The un-nicknamed Chespin I started with, lvl 7. Only there as a last resort.

Deceased: None yet.

Last edited:

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
OK beat the bug gym after some training
Hero the krabby level 14
Makuhita my one wonder trade level 14
Sue the Combee level 8

Losses
Way the pidgey
Mark the flecthcing
panser

I wont be able to get battle points or the comp pokemon since I am leaving exp share on. I dont go back to those dark days

Oh does emboar and mega gyarados sound like a good core or nah

Zachmac

I just got my first badge. Whoo.
Here's my team;
Lv.11 Vulpix
Lv.11 Pidgey
Lv.3 Scatterbug
Lv.2 Scatterbug

Thank you RNGesus for giving me two Scatterbugs. I totally needed them both.
My Vulpix has drought, so it hits like a nuke. It really saved me in that gym battle.
Oh does emboar and mega gyarados sound like a good core or nah
I'm iffy about Emboar on any core, really.
I guess it could hit things like Skarmory and Ferrothorn for it, but it'll be taking so much damage from Reckless Flare Blitz that I'm not sure if using it on a Ferrothorn is a sound idea.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Tomohawk @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Baton Pass
- Air Slash

Tomohawk is too good not to have. It provides nice synergy will Heatran (Tran resists bird spam, Tomo is immune to Ground and resists fighting) and works as a pivot with Baton Pass. It can also pass along Substitutes to facilitate setting up opportunities for Aurumoth or any other Pokemon is general.

Rank?: Rank 6
Oppnents Serebii name?: Conquer Phoenix
Win or Lose?: Win
Score?: 2-0
Your current won battle total? 113
How did u feel about it?: GG

Last edited:
Code:
PO/PS Name?: muffuletta
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: 2036-7825-6567 ign: pokemon x (tyreek) Omega ruby (tarique)
Why do you want to join?:friend told me it was a good guild
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?:0 (don't really try to get them)
Battling Experience?:5.5-6
Referrer?: flarebitz3000

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Code:

Welcome to the guild! Hope you have a good time here :)

Hop on the xat (link should be in MetalSonic's sig) to get ur test battle done and just hang out with clan members

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Oi I hope I can still enter the nuzlocke. My grandfather passed away earlier last week so I've been away from internet for a while.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
can I do my test battle this Friday busy this week

Yea sure thing

Also, try not to double post unless you want one of the mods to come after u

If you forgot to say something in your post, just use the "Edit" option.

Sorry to hear that black. Hope everyone in your family is doing alright.

Update!

Golett @ lvl 14
Pikachu @ lvl 6
Fletchling @ lvl 8
Bunnelby @ lvl 3
Litleo @ lvl 5

I forgot you couldn't leave the Santalune Gym until you beat Viola so I battled her with a poisoned 3/4 hp Golett. Luckily it learns Rollout so it wasn't a problem.
Also forgot about names so as soon as I get to the Name Rater I'll pump those out as well. [:

None

None

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Been busy/sick today, will start my Nuzlocke tomorrow.

I like the idea of Tomohawk but IMO Taunt should be on there somewhere cause priority Taunt is just amazing, especially on something Tomohawk. Also, why Air Slash over Aura Sphere?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Code:

Accepted! And also Nuzlocke application accepted! Nuzlocke rules are here
General rules are ofc located first page first post. Test battles are usually done with Conquer Phoenix, but any of the war team can for you as well. Enjoy, yo. -w-

Oi I hope I can still enter the nuzlocke. My grandfather passed away earlier last week so I've been away from internet for a while.

Take all the time you need.
Just say
"in with [Pokemon]"
and you can get started whenever just so long as you got the rules down. Feel better, hey BWing?

Last edited:

Gdas

Out of Practice
The RNGods have gifted me with a bunnelby > a pidgey so I'm quite annoyed.
Just kicked off will update you soon

EDIT: Moments after this post the forest awarded me with a Pikachu, not all bad

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.