• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
You guys think of Necturna? I really, really like her.

OK, got Rumble Badge after a quick battle with Korrina. Nothing much really happened except Dedenne pulling a shock out of the bag against a Braixen 3 levels above it. Fletchinder and Hawlucha basically destroyed Korrina and her crew.
Also, reached Courmarine, and am almost ready to destroy Ramos. Added because I did the 3rd gym at college, and have done some mashing since then. My only regret: Not picking Hawlucha as my first pokemon. I just realized he can pretty much solo the first 4 gyms.

Summary
Badges: 3/8
Party: Divine the Hawlucha, lvl 35
Meta the Floette, lvl 34
Frou-Frou the Furfrou, lvl 25
Nick the Fletchinder, lvl 33
Pi the Litleo, lvl 27
Gdas the Dedenne, lvl 30

Boxed: Jakjak the Inkay, lvl 31
Arcos the Binacle, lvl 28
Spikester the Spritzee, lvl 27
Blackjack the Carbink, lvl 23
Caur the Amaura, lvl 20

Deceased: Boulderbrain the Honedge, level 14: Died to a Machop's Foresight/Karate Chop after a surprise level jump.
Mick the Bunnelby, level 15: See above.

I'm sorry for your losses. ;_;7
but know the lives are not in vain as their sacrifice is pushing your forward!

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Meh, it was only Mick and boulder brain. Hardly crucial. Besides, I got another Pickupper in Gdas the Dedenne.

Speaking of which, the pokes that never evolve have caught me by surprise in this nuz. Furfrou, Hawlucha and Dedenne are all surprisingly quick and powerful, and Furfrou especially is a tank.

Meta, speaking of which, what's my battle point total? Did it reset when I rejoined, or is it still what it was before?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Meh, it was only Mick and boulder brain. Hardly crucial. Besides, I got another Pickupper in Gdas the Dedenne.

Speaking of which, the pokes that never evolve have caught me by surprise in this nuz. Furfrou, Hawlucha and Dedenne are all surprisingly quick and powerful, and Furfrou especially is a tank.

Meta, speaking of which, what's my battle point total? Did it reset when I rejoined, or is it still what it was before?

Your total's in the sig!

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Beat Ramos easily with Hawlucha and Fletchinder, who evolved straight after.
Summary
Badges: 4/8
Party: Divine the Hawlucha, lvl 35
Meta the Floette, lvl 35
Frou-Frou the Furfrou, lvl 26
Nick the Talonflame, lvl 35
Pi the Litleo, lvl 30
Gdas the Dedenne, lvl 31

Boxed: Jakjak the Inkay, lvl 31
Arcos the Binacle, lvl 28
Caur the Amaura, lvl 20

Deceased: Boulderbrain the Honedge, level 14: Died to a Machop's Foresight/Karate Chop after a surprise level jump.

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
Its that time again
Sharpen your swords
enchant your shields
Bless your arrows
Be ready for blood
war time TEF getting the line up this weekend

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
You guys think of Necturna? I really, really like her.

I'm sorry for your losses. ;_;7
but know the lives are not in vain as their sacrifice is pushing your forward!

Necturna is a trashy, awful, predictable Pokemon who is only used by inexperienced noobs who are attracted by the one-time sketch thing. Under no circumstances should this awful abortion of a Pokemon ever be used in any serious manner.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
It's actually a good Sticky Web setter.

Somehow I doubt it tbh, it's slow and its defensive typing is pretty bad. I think you'd be better off using Galvantula, Galvantula's Speed tier makes it easy for it to set up Sticky Web, and it can even deal some decent damage afterwards with Thunder. Necturna's STABs aren't great and leave a lot to be desired in terms of base power and coverage, and it has basically no coverage whatsoever if it uses its Sketch on Sticky Web. The Shell Smash and Choice Band sets are somewhat viable but Heatran just craps on them and they require a lot more support than they're worth.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Somehow I doubt it tbh, it's slow and its defensive typing is pretty bad. I think you'd be better off using Galvantula, Galvantula's Speed tier makes it easy for it to set up Sticky Web, and it can even deal some decent damage afterwards with Thunder. Necturna's STABs aren't great and leave a lot to be desired in terms of base power and coverage, and it has basically no coverage whatsoever if it uses its Sketch on Sticky Web. The Shell Smash and Choice Band sets are somewhat viable but Heatran just craps on them and they require a lot more support than they're worth.

I just think we should Necturnaround our thought processes on her viability is all. She's very interesting! I mean, her Ghost STAB goes and hits Heatran for decent damage after a Shell Smash or Belly Drum, I believe.

Anyways, we got two suggestions this time around!

Aye oh, let's go

So we need something to take Water attacks, as well as to phase away stuff that tries to set up on Heatran or Hawlucha Tomohawk, so why not Suicune?

suicune.gif

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold - Pressure
252 HP, 252 Defence, 4 Sp. Atk
-Calm Mind/Roar
-Scald
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Synergizes well with Heatran, not really giving a **** about most Ground and Fighting moves (and really physical attacks in general), while Tran gives no shits about Grass and Electric moves in general. Roars out threats that have set up too much and withers everything else away with Scald. He also appreciates Heatran's Steath Rocks to rack up damage for each Roar, and would further appreciate a Spiker if we decide to use him. ChestoRest with Calm Mind would be a slightly more offensive option but I don't think compromising his survivability that much is worthwhile.

EDIT: Just noticed Tran was carrying Roar. I guess we can slash Roar for Calm Mind.​

frontnormal-mcolossoil.png

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rebound
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Pursuit/Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Probably one of the best bulky offensive spinners in the game (access to dark typing and Rebound for spin blockers is ****ing godly), it spins away rocks and other hazards that chip away at Aurumoth's health. It also provides nice synergy with Hawlucha Tomahawk, being immune to Psychic and Electric and Hawlucha Tomahawk resisting Fighting. They share a Fairy weakness that's covered by Heatran.

What Rebound Is
Rebound

Precisely the following moves will not affect this Pokémon on the turn it switches in, but rather, are bounced back at their user:

All moves that induce status as their only effect (including Yawn), except Teeter Dance
All moves that do no damage but alter the target's stats (including Flatter and Swagger), except Defog and Memento
Attract
Block
Gastro Acid
Leech Seed
Mean Look
Spider Web
Worry Seed

Voting for Round 4 ends on Monday 10:00 PM!
You gonna vote? I know ur gonna vote. Ya better vote​

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Voting Mick's set. We need something physical on there.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Voting for Divine's Suicune.

Necturna is a Knock Off magnet that runs WhiteHerb+V-Create or WH+ShellSmash+PowerWhip/ShadowSneak.
Is not good

Last edited:

The Master Chief

Necturna is by far the best Sticky Web setter in the CAP Metagame. It has the right combination of bulk, typing, and power to use it effectively, and is not utterly predictable as the other three viable Sticky Web setters, Smeargle, Shuckle, and Galvantula.

Smeargle is Necturna's biggest competitor as a Sticky Web setter, as it can do more for a team then simply "Spam Sticky Web and die". It can set up multiple hazards and put one opposing mon to sleep with either Spore or Dark Void, but is complete Taunt bait. Its horrible stats force it to run Focus Sash, as any powerful STAB move would otherwise KO it, and almost necessitates the use of Smeargle as a lead or requires dedicated hazard removal. It also fails to beat any Magic Bouncer, including Mega Diance. As a side note, it does have access to STAB Explosion, whilst still weak, is fun to use on Hyper Offense.

Shuckle is another competitor with Necturna as a Sticky Web setter. It has monstrous defenses, but is offset with its extremely low HP and lack of offensive pressure. It does have access to both Stealth Rock and Sticky Web, and can use a combination of any of Toxic/Infestation/Sandstorm to slowly wear down the opponent. Unfortunately, it is complete Taunt bait and Set Up fodder, and has almost no means to beat any Magic Bouncer. It also has zero recovery outside of Leftovers.

Galvantule is another viable Sticky Web user, but is also inferior to Necturna. Its claim to fame lies in Compound Eyes, STAB Thunder, 108 Speed Tier and Sticky Web. It can be a servicable Sticky Web lead, and unlike Smeargle or Shuckle, it has actual offensive pressure. It can hit a large portion of Magic Bouncer's super effectively, and can nail Defoggers and Colossoils who try to remove Sticky Web. What is it lacking then? Bulk. It's 70/60/60 defenses almost makes use of a Focus Sash mandatory to ensure it can set up Sticky Web more then once, and is actually incapable of defeating AV Colossoil 1v1 without running either a LO or Modest Nature, which both reduce its ability to set up Sticky Web against Offensive teams.

All three of the previously mentioned mons are also very predictable, Smeargle is commandingly seen using a Geopass or Sticky Web set, as those are its two sets that don't leave it outclassed. Shuckle has nothing except for Contrary Shell Smash stalling or hazard set up, and is destroyed by any common stall breaker or set up sweeper. Galvantule is most common as either a Sticky Web setter or Offensive LO user. It is fairly safe to say that these three mons are not going to surprise you with any set (unless its some gimmicky Smeargle set, which probably won't have Sticky Web).

On the other hand, Necturna is one of the most varied mons in the CAP Metagame. It can set up Sticky Web, sweep with any number of set up moves, or run powerful bulky attacker sets. Its great defenses, 64/100/120, allow it to survive a large number of attacks, and most importantly, does not force it to run a Focus Sash. Its great 120 base attack, in tangent with STAB Horn Leech, gives it offensive potential and semi reliable recovery, and its typing allows it serve as an emergency spin blocker. Its also commonly seen running a Colbur Berry, which lets it tank an attack from Colossoil, and OHKO in return. Its bulk also allows it to set up Sticky Web multiple times throughout the match, and its access to Will-o-Wisp allows it to spread Burn as well. Most importantly, you can never know what set Necturna is running from the team preview. You have to play conservatively around it, as it can pull out a surprise coverage move or put one of your mons asleep if you haven't fully scouted its Sketch move. You have to ask yourself, "Should I switch in Mega Sableye to bounce back the predicted Sticky Web, even though it could use the opportunity to set up or sweep? Should I leave my mon in, and potential risk a Spore?". Its mindgames like this, in conjunction with good stats and typing, that makes Necturna the best Sticky Web setter in the CAP Metagame.

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
Defeated the 2nd gym.

Looking at my team, I knew Grant was going to be a challenge. His Amaura especially either hit my Pokémon super-effectively(half my team) or walled the rest. I led with Justin the Snorlax(Route 7 encounter). I hit it with enough Chip Aways and Licks to get it to red HP. I had to use up a few Super Potions.mI switched to Aerodactyl, predicting the Hyper Potion(free turn). Aerodactyl took out the Amaura with ease. Tyrunt was a bit easier to deal with, although it was responsible for one of my deaths in Contraband the Sandile(Route 9 encounter).

Team:
I'm a Stoner(Aerodactyl) Lv 23
Antidope(Ivysaur) Lv 23
Fight Night(Mienfoo) Lv 23
Birds(Fletchinder) Lv 21
Justin(Snorlax) Lv 21

Boxed:
Pidgey Lv 9
Add Em Up(Gulpin) Lv 14
China Town(Butterfree) Lv 17
Tyrunt Lv 20

Dead:
Ralts(Lv 8-Lv 15): Died in a Double Battle against 2 Smeargles. First one used Helping Hand, and the second one used Metal Claw. This was especially disappointing, as I felt that this was my best encounter in the game so far and the Smeargle caught me off guard.

Ounces(Venipede: Lv 10-Lv 16): Died against Tierno and Trevor. Tierno's Corphish killed it with a +2 crit Vice Grip.

Contraband(Sandile: Lv 16-Lv 21): Died against Grant. His Tyrunt killed it with a crit Stomp.

Zachmac

I might update my Nuzloche tomorrow or on Monday, since I'm closing in on the 3rd gym.

I caught a Bold Snubull...with Run Away. :/
My Sandile, however, is plain awesome. It just outran an Electrike of the same level and is now spamming Mud Slap.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Voting for Mick's Suicune.

I was the one who nominated Suicune, Mick nominated Collosoil.

Necturna is by far the best Sticky Web setter in the CAP Metagame. It has the right combination of bulk, typing, and power to use it effectively, and is not utterly predictable as the other three viable Sticky Web setters, Smeargle, Shuckle, and Galvantula.

Smeargle is Necturna's biggest competitor as a Sticky Web setter, as it can do more for a team then simply "Spam Sticky Web and die". It can set up multiple hazards and put one opposing mon to sleep with either Spore or Dark Void, but is complete Taunt bait. Its horrible stats force it to run Focus Sash, as any powerful STAB move would otherwise KO it, and almost necessitates the use of Smeargle as a lead or requires dedicated hazard removal. It also fails to beat any Magic Bouncer, including Mega Diance. As a side note, it does have access to STAB Explosion, whilst still weak, is fun to use on Hyper Offense.

Shuckle is another competitor with Necturna as a Sticky Web setter. It has monstrous defenses, but is offset with its extremely low HP and lack of offensive pressure. It does have access to both Stealth Rock and Sticky Web, and can use a combination of any of Toxic/Infestation/Sandstorm to slowly wear down the opponent. Unfortunately, it is complete Taunt bait and Set Up fodder, and has almost no means to beat any Magic Bouncer. It also has zero recovery outside of Leftovers.

Galvantule is another viable Sticky Web user, but is also inferior to Necturna. Its claim to fame lies in Compound Eyes, STAB Thunder, 108 Speed Tier and Sticky Web. It can be a servicable Sticky Web lead, and unlike Smeargle or Shuckle, it has actual offensive pressure. It can hit a large portion of Magic Bouncer's super effectively, and can nail Defoggers and Colossoils who try to remove Sticky Web. What is it lacking then? Bulk. It's 70/60/60 defenses almost makes use of a Focus Sash mandatory to ensure it can set up Sticky Web more then once, and is actually incapable of defeating AV Colossoil 1v1 without running either a LO or Modest Nature, which both reduce its ability to set up Sticky Web against Offensive teams.

All three of the previously mentioned mons are also very predictable, Smeargle is commandingly seen using a Geopass or Sticky Web set, as those are its two sets that don't leave it outclassed. Shuckle has nothing except for Contrary Shell Smash stalling or hazard set up, and is destroyed by any common stall breaker or set up sweeper. Galvantule is most common as either a Sticky Web setter or Offensive LO user. It is fairly safe to say that these three mons are not going to surprise you with any set (unless its some gimmicky Smeargle set, which probably won't have Sticky Web).

On the other hand, Necturna is one of the most varied mons in the CAP Metagame. It can set up Sticky Web, sweep with any number of set up moves, or run powerful bulky attacker sets. Its great defenses, 64/100/120, allow it to survive a large number of attacks, and most importantly, does not force it to run a Focus Sash. Its great 120 base attack, in tangent with STAB Horn Leech, gives it offensive potential and semi reliable recovery, and its typing allows it serve as an emergency spin blocker. Its also commonly seen running a Colbur Berry, which lets it tank an attack from Colossoil, and OHKO in return. Its bulk also allows it to set up Sticky Web multiple times throughout the match, and its access to Will-o-Wisp allows it to spread Burn as well. Most importantly, you can never know what set Necturna is running from the team preview. You have to play conservatively around it, as it can pull out a surprise coverage move or put one of your mons asleep if you haven't fully scouted its Sketch move. You have to ask yourself, "Should I switch in Mega Sableye to bounce back the predicted Sticky Web, even though it could use the opportunity to set up or sweep? Should I leave my mon in, and potential risk a Spore?". Its mindgames like this, in conjunction with good stats and typing, that makes Necturna the best Sticky Web setter in the CAP Metagame.

Fair enough, I was looking at it from the perspective of someone who already knows that it's going to be a Sticky Web lead. Mispredicting a Sticky Web and ending up with a +2/+2/+2 Necturna can be devastating.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Anyway, if anyone still cares, here's the nuzlocke update!
-Hawlucha and Dedenne basically got let loose in the Power Plant, and sent the entirety of Team Flare running for their mommas.
-Reached Lumiose, and got dragged to see the tower being turned on, as if people actually care about it.
-Evolved Litleo.
-Taught 4/6ths of the party Dig/Bulldoze.
-Lost Pyroar in the Gym.
-Destroyed Clemont with Hawlucha and Dedenne. Dig is really quite good for this gym...
-Listened to Lysandre's spiel, and got a King's Rock.
-Moved north, to route 14.
-Beat my rival. Not too hard.
-Caught a Goomy.
-Reached Laverre City.
-Healed, mugged a kid for a useless TM, and some other woman for the Gengarite.
-Flew back to Cyllage City, and caught a Skrelp, for use in the Fairy Gym. Got the feeling Poison Jab on Binacle wouldn't be enough...
-Started style-mashing in Lumiose so i can get the Dandy trim for Frou-Frou.

Summary:
Badges: 5/8
Party: Meta the Floette, lvl 40
Frou-Frou the Furfrou, lvl 34
Nick the Talonflame, lvl 40
Gdas the Dedenne, lvl 38
Arcos the Binacle, lvl 33
Black the Skrelp, lvl 25

Boxed: Divine the Hawlucha, lvl 42
Jakjak the Inkay, lvl 32
Caur the Amaura, lvl 20
Dew the Goomy, lvl 31

Pi the Pyroar, level 35- Died to a gym trainer's Ampharos' Power Gem.

Last edited:

Zachmac

I'm iffy about using Suicune as an Azumarill check because it can't do anything in return but Scald and cross its fingers for a burn.
I'm not going to vote though, because CAP is a total mystery to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.