• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Omg how could you mix me up with that lil ****, Divine

Voting for Collosoil cause **** u Azumarill

pls no bully

Guys how does it feel
to see your mons HP go down to 0 in a Nuzlocke?
Share your feelings. ;_;

Last edited by a moderator:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'm iffy about using Suicune as an Azumarill check because it can't do anything in return but Scald and cross its fingers for a burn.
I'm not going to vote though, because CAP is a total mystery to me.

It sets up on any Azu not running Belly Drum and only bad players run Belly Drum.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Some useful calcs for this argument, decide for yourself.
Without burns:
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 175-207 (43.3 - 51.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Suicune Scald vs. 228 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 48-57 (12 - 14.3%) -- possible 7HKO

With burns:
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power burned Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 87-103 (21.5 - 25.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Suicune Scald vs. 228 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 48-57 (12 - 14.3%) -- guaranteed 5HKO after burn damage

My opinion, though, is that it really depends on when/if the burn lands. If the burn lands first hit, then Suicune's got a chance. After that, Suicune's chances of survival drop like a skydiver in a concrete bodybag.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Wut, about 30% of Azumarills in higher ladder (1825+) hold a Sitrus Berry in OU usage stats for December 2014

Yo welcome back fren

So 30% of Smogon is bad. So what?

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Omg how could you mix me up with that lil ****, Divine
Edited vote. *rolls eyes*

Voting for Collosoil cause fack u Azumarill

Still concerned about that Aqua Jet, though.

Guys how does it feel
to see your mons HP go down to 0 in a Nuzlocke?
Share your feelings. ;_;

Considering that I consider all of the Pokémon on my game card my Pokemon, even those that "belong" to the CPUs, I find it uplifting to see their HP tank out and their petty little existences shrink and dissipate.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
To be honest, if mine die, it's a proof that they weren't worthy of life in the first place.

And then the darkness rained upon them.

Last edited:

Zachmac

So 30% of Smogon is bad. So what?
1) You might be surprised how dangerous that thing is. Just because Belly Drum is just a gimmick on most Pokemon, doesn't mean it is on Azumarill.
2) You have to be prepared for common threats. Whether you believe they should be common or not.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
OK, nuzlocke update. Again.
-Binacle evolved.
-Wrecked Valerie with Barbaracle and Talonflame.
-Set Hawlucha and Dedenne on Team Flare once more.
-Cleared a route.
-Started hunting for a Klefki, Pumpkaboo and/or Phantump.
-Evolved Floette.
-Stole some TMs.

Summary:
Badges: 6/8
Party: Meta the Florges, lvl 46
Frou-Frou the Furfrou, lvl 42
Nick the Talonflame, lvl 47
Gdas the Dedenne, lvl 45
Arcos the Binacle, lvl 45
Jakjak the Inkay, lvl 39

Boxed: Divine the Hawlucha, lvl 44
Spikester the Spritzee, lvl 27
Black the Skrelp, lvl 32
Blackjack the Carbink, lvl 23
Caur the Amaura, lvl 20
Dew the Goomy, lvl 31

Deceased: Boulderbrain the Honedge, level 14: Died to a Machop's Foresight/Karate Chop after a surprise level jump.
Mick the Bunnelby, level 15: See above.
Pi the Pyroar, level 35- Died to a gym trainer's Ampharos' Power Gem.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Considering that I consider all of the Pokémon on my game card my Pokemon, even those that "belong" to the CPUs, I find it uplifting to see their HP tank out and their petty little existences shrink and dissipate.

To be honest, if mine die, it's a proof that they weren'y worthy of life in the first place.

And then the darkness rained upon them.

;_;7

but let's go ahead and make this salute EXTRA salutey
for those who forever remain with us in spirit

;_;7

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
...In mine, I let Mick, Pi and Boulderbrain die. They're somehow still here...

EDIT: Nuzlocke update time!
-Beat my rival in Anistar.
-Beat Olympia, the nutjob who runs the gym. Not hard, Barbaracle's Shadow Claw and Dedenne's Thunderbolt pretty much halted proceedings.
-Got a call from Lysandre, with his whole 'I'm going to destroy the world!' spiel.
-Set Dedenne, Florges and Hawlucha loose in Team Flare's base.
-Got some useless exposition from exposition vessel AZ.
-Teamed up with my rival to fight my way down to the lower levels of Team Flare's Geosenge HQ.
-Defeated some admins.
-Caught the great god of destruction Yveltal.
-Beat Lysandre for the third and final time. Not too hard, Dedenne and Hawlucha ended his dreams, while I fed on his misery.
-Lysandre suicided by firing the ultimate weapon into itself.
-I reach Couriway Town.
-I steal the TM for UTurn, and find a Rare Candy.
-Battled and crushed Sycamore.
-Sycamore says that Lysandre somehow survived. Obvious sequel expectation is obvious...

Summary:
Party: Divine the Hawlucha, level 55
Meta the Florges, level 56
Arcos the Barbaracle, level 59
Gdas the Dedenne, level 55
Frou-Frou the Furfrou, level 51
Nick the Talonflame, level 55

Boxed: Caur the Amaura, level 20
Blackjack the Carbink, level 23
Spikester the Spritzee, level 27
Dew the Goomy, level 31
Black the Skrelp, level 32
Zachmac the Bergmite, level 39
Jakjak the Inkay, level 45

Deceased: Boulderbrain the Honedge, level 14: Died to a Machop's Foresight/Karate Chop after a surprise level jump.

Things I won't ever use, but are in my box still for some reason:
Chespin, level 7
Bulbasaur, level 10
Lucario, level 32
Yveltal, level 50

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
OK, yet more nuzlocke progress! This is the penultimate update, as in, the next one will be me saying that I've beaten the E4.
Events:
-Beat Shauna, Tierno and Trevor on a bridge.
-Found Wulfric.
-Crushed Wulfric and his whole damn gym.
-Beat the league gate attendee.
-Beat my rival in Victory Road.
-Caught a Noibat.
-Cleared Victory Road.

Summary:
Party: Divine the Hawlucha, level 64
Meta the Florges, level 65
Arcos the Barbaracle, level 69
Gdas the Dedenne, level 64
Zero the Noivern, level 59
Nick the Talonflame, level 64

Spikester the Spritzee, level 27
Dew the Goomy, level 31
Jakjak the Inkay, level 45
Frou-Frou the Furfrou, level 55

Chespin, level 7
Bulbasaur, level 10
Lucario, level 32
Yveltal, level 50

Yes, I probably will be done by tomorrow. Keep up people.

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
alright Zero is about to put the war thread up for me since last time I did it it was some trash

Second I am going to think about this tounrey thread mostly people are busy and stuff so I will consider another deadline

next thing join the masterclass tounrey for serebii pplease

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Alrighty, turns out there was a tie!

2-2 on the CCAT but a deleted post almost made me miss it, but it was quite there!
Meaning there'll be an extension to see who's coming out on top; Suicune or Collosoil?

Round 4 Extension till
9:00 PM CMT Wednesday the 4'th of February
VOTAN POST
CURRENT TEAM

Vote 4 your life if u already haven't!

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
OK, nuzlocke complete!
-Beat the E4, rather easily for the most part. Siebold was the only one who came close to killing someone.
-Beat Diantha, in a rather boring match. I oneshotted everything bar Goodra, and that got oneshotted from full after I CMed Florges on the turn it healed.
-Entered the Hall of Fame. Yay.
-Found some weird awards ceremony thing going on in Lumiose.
-Got forced into battling this AZ person. Destroyed this AZ person. Gained zero experience from battling this AZ person.
-Fell asleep whole waiting for the damn credits to end.

Final summary, complete with nicknames:
The legendary party, complete with movesets and natures!
Gdas the Naughty Dedenne, level 67, AKA 'The Wild Card'- I did not expect Dedenne to be this good.
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Play Rough
-Thief

Nick the Docile Talonflame, level 67 AKA 'The Veteran'- First catch, and still going strong.
-Brave Bird
-Fly
-Aerial Ace
-Fire Blast

Meta the Quiet Florges, level 68 AKA 'The Survivor'- Much tankiness many wow. Survived countless battles with >15HP.
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast
-Magical Leaf
-Nature Power

Divine the Lonely Hawlucha, level 68 AKA 'Flaresbane'- Pretty much wrecked Team Flare, with a touch of help from Gdas.
-Strength
-Rock Smash
-Flying Press
-Poison Jab

Arcos the Jolly Barbaracle, level 73 AKA 'The Devastator'-Got bred on OR, so it got boosted EXP growth. Consequently, when I led with it, it reached stupid levels due to me wanting an OP pokemon for the league.
-Poison Jab
-Cross Chop
-Razor Shell
-Stone Edge

Zero the Calm Noivern, level 68 AKA 'The Noob'- The last pokemon I caught on the nuzlocke.
-Hurricane
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast
-Air Slash

Spikester the Spritzee, level 27 AKA 'The Wall'- For the fairly brief period I used him in, he never went far below half health.
Dew the Goomy, level 31
Jakjak the Inkay, level 45 AKA 'The Unchangeable'-I couldn't evolve him because my 3ds now doesn't register rotations.
Frou-Frou the Furfrou, level 55 AKA 'La Comte'-Because Blackadder. Also, OP in the first few gyms. Was going to take him into the E4 with me, but Zero edged him out.

Pi the Pyroar, level 35: Died to a gym trainer's Ampharos' Power Gem.

Chespin, level 7
Bulbasaur, level 10
Lucario, level 32
Yveltal, level 50

OK, the nuzlocke's done, lost 3 pokes, took me 10 days.

Last edited:
Collosoil

Also if you were unaware, Club Nintendo is being discontinued and they are offering TONS of rewards as a result. Make sure to go check it out if you haven't registered all your nintendo products and pick up some cool games or memorabilia before everything's sold out,

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Collosoil

Also if you were unaware, Club Nintendo is being discontinued and they are offering TONS of rewards as a result. Make sure to go check it out if you haven't registered all your nintendo products and pick up some cool games or memorabilia before everything's sold out,

QUAGSIRE WAS UNAWARE

/cap

Status
Not open for further replies.