• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
s-suggestions?? Also, there's still some room for participants in the sweeping snek challenge. I'll be rallying up the nuzzer data as well and tryin 2 post it l8r.

Here's one I think fits nicely now.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight / Wish
- Fire Blast
- Heal Bell / Protect

Incredibly powerful set-up sweepers are now stopped for the most part. Uninvested Scizors are dealt with via Heatran as our other things it can't touch such as Talon and Volcarona, things that our own moth might have a spot of trouble with. Scizors with speed can also be dealt with via Fire Blast assuming we're healthy enough and we hit heh. Now, as far as offensive Capmons go, Cawmadore and Necturna are both dealt with due to Unaware. Opposing Aurumoth are also dealt with but we'll have to watch out for Trickscarf variants, and basically a lotta stuff you know how it is with Unaware mons! Lastly and equally importantly the move Heal Bell's also sweet for unfortunate paras and burns for Aurumoth and Scizor respectively. If you'd like, though, you can opt for the more standard Wish and Protect, but I think Fire Blast is necessary.​

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Valentines Day can be so dramatic yo

Voting for scizor

oop we're kinda past that

Wee bit late on that front, mate.

dw im l8 to ^^

First things first, the sweeping snek challenge sign-ups are over! Good luck to those involved.
Secondly, the CCAT is finished! Will dedicate an entire post to it right now.
Remember now, chall ends on the 24'tth!

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

CAPMons CCAT

CAPmons%20Banner_zpshidbswg7.png

credits to 00swms
FINISHED

CLEFUNABLE TO BE STOPPED​

Clefable saw no competition so it shall become our newest and final member! Its ability puts a full stop to most set up sweepers in CAPMons while providing us potential to Wish and Heal our other sweepers and for that, we're and they're thankful. ^^
Playstyle: Balance

frontnormal-maurumoth.png

Aurumoth @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Psyshock/Focus Blast/Will-O-Wisp

Been a long time since I've played CAP so the EVs will probably need to be tweaked. Quiver Dance Aurumoth is a monster of a Pokemon, able to spam 100% accurate Blizzards and Thunders. The last moveset is kind of a toss-up. Psyshock is a good STAB that hits Blissey and stuff hard, but it's only marginally more powerful than Blizzard/Thunder. Focus Blast wrecks some of the few things that resist BoltBeam, like Magnezone. Will-O-Wisp can cripple common switch-ins and helps him take physical hits.

Auromoth's Smogon page

485.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 SDef
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roar

My first instinct when Aurumoth was picked was to add Defensive Heatran to the team.
First off, having Rocks on the field helps any offensive position to pull off a quicker sweep. Toxic also helps our sweepers, and Steel types that resist poisoning don't want to take a Lava Plume even if unboosted.
Secondly, Aurumoth hates Fire and Rock moves, which Heatran can take if you can't take the sweep.
Additionally, because Aurumoth has Blizzard, it can take Colossoil, a major threat to Heatran in that it can bounce back Rocks.
This set allows Heatran to survive both physical hits (mainly Pursuit from Colossoil because we don't want to be 1v1 with it) and special moves from opposing Special Aurumoth and Tomohawk.

frontnormal-mtomohawk.png

Tomohawk @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Baton Pass
- Aura Sphere/Air Slash

Tomohawk is too good not to have. It provides nice synergy will Heatran (Tran resists bird spam, Tomo is immune to Ground and resists fighting) and works as a pivot with Baton Pass. It can also pass along Substitutes to facilitate setting up opportunities for Aurumoth or any other Pokemon is general.

Tomohawk's Smogon page

frontnormal-mcolossoil.png

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rebound
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Pursuit/Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Probably one of the best bulky offensive spinners in the game (access to dark typing and Rebound for spin blockers is ****ing godly), it spins away rocks and other hazards that chip away at Aurumoth's health. It also provides nice synergy with Hawlucha Tomahawk, being immune to Psychic and Electric and Hawlucha Tomahawk resisting Fighting. They share a Fairy weakness that's covered by Heatran.

What Rebound Is
Rebound

Precisely the following moves will not affect this Pokémon on the turn it switches in, but rather, are bounced back at their user:

All moves that induce status as their only effect (including Yawn), except Teeter Dance
All moves that do no damage but alter the target's stats (including Flatter and Swagger), except Defog and Memento
Attract
Block
Gastro Acid
Leech Seed
Mean Look
Spider Web
Worry Seed

Collosoil's Smogon page

scizor.png

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Simple set. BPunch terrifies most all fairies, while Bug Bite threatens a good few other pokemon. Roost gives you the self-healing that you don't get from most of Scizor's competition, and SD lets it reach crazy levels of attack stupidly quickly.

clefable.png

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight / Wish
- Fire Blast
- Heal Bell / Protect

Incredibly powerful set-up sweepers are now stopped for the most part. Uninvested Scizors are dealt with via Heatran as our other things it can't touch such as Talon and Volcarona, things that our own moth might have a spot of trouble with. Scizors with speed can also be dealt with via Fire Blast assuming we're healthy enough and we hit heh. Now, as far as offensive Capmons go, Cawmadore and Necturna are both dealt with due to Unaware. Opposing Aurumoth are also dealt with but we'll have to watch out for Trickscarf variants, and basically a lotta stuff you know how it is with Unaware mons! Lastly and equally importantly the move Heal Bell's also sweet for unfortunate paras and burns for Aurumoth and Scizor respectively. If you'd like, though, you can opt for the more standard Wish and Protect, but I think Fire Blast is necessary.

Remember guys, CAPMons is built around the current OU tier. As in these Pokemon intermingle outside the official current OU tier, but using the current OU rules and allowed Pokemon in a metagame called CAP. Kinda like an alternate dimension. Meaning like Blackjack said, you CAN suggest other Pokemon that aren't CAP but only OU and below. All finalized mons are included here in this link, I believe. Correct me if i'm wrong im kinda learning as I go to. ^^
You can also delve into general CAPmon details and CAPmon Pokedex respectively using the links as well in case im super confusing

CAP Encyclopedia

CAPMons Pokedex

For conveniences sake i've included a direct link to the CAPMons Pokedex in the rundown spoilered above!

And that about sums it up for our CAP CCAT! Looks to me to be a pretty solid team, In all honesty, CAP is pretty underground as i'm sure you're all aware so thanks those of you that tried to get a grasp of how it went down despite the links to outdated data. ^^
I took the liberty of going over the team with the few CAP inhabitants of the room on Showdown and they gave their insight on the team! Turns out, this line-up is pretty solid, but they pointed out a few EV changes here and there and an item change or two. Will post EV's if anyone's curious. They also went on about how it could maybe be a little better if we ran Haze Hawlucha to stop set-up sweepers in order to maybe free up Clefables spot for something else we may find troublesome! Whatever the case, if you try it out, good luck to you as well! Thanks for the participation everyone and thanks Zero for the ART!
;_;7

Aurumoth @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Psyshock

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 SpD
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roar

Tomohawk @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Baton Pass
- Aura Sphere

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Scizor @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Fire Blast
- Heal Bell

But what CCAT should we do next?? Can I get some ideas here?
-w-

Last edited:

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
I'm curious, post EVs pls
How about we do a UU CCAT next?

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
UU CCAT next please.
Wow, you guys did a great job with the CAP CCAT. I can't wait to see if it's successful or not.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I'm curious, post EVs pls
How about we do a UU CCAT next?

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 SDef
Adamant Nature

From what I gathered, it's simply to spread things out a little more evenly.

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature

The speed allows us to outspeed defensive uninvested speed Cychlom after Mega.

and ooooh 3 UU's
heh nick, we've all been a bit busy. ^^

Last edited:

The Master Chief

We should do Doubles CCAT.

:]

EDIT: If I can get to top 10 on the ladder with the CAP CCAT can I get awarded points? I mean, 80% of the ladder is **** and most of the good competition don't ladder.

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
I'm going to say yes to the UU CCAT as well. Seems a good idea.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
EDIT: If I can get to top 10 on the ladder with the CAP CCAT can I get awarded points? I mean, 80% of the ladder is **** and most of the good competition don't ladder.

Ooh now there's an idea. Lemme get back to you on that.

But looks like UU's leading the charge atm with Doubles trailing, but still, throw some more tiers out there if any of you feel!

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Meh, I went with UU because there's no love for monotype atm, so... If anyone's got a decent monotype idea, I'd vote that.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Alrighty yo,

Tier suggestions for the upcoming CCAT end February 19'th 10:00 PM CMT

Afterwards we'll go to voting on them just for consistency's sake, but thus far it looks like it'll be a two-way between UU and Doubles!
I'll write it up afterwards ofc​

oooo btw
tyrunt hype

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.