• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
Been a whole 3 pages since my last update.

Defeated Korrina. Aerodactyl got easy kills, and Hawlucha nearly killed my Granbull with a crit Flying Press.

I'm a Stoner(Aerodactyl) Lv 34
Finesser(Granbull) Lv 33
Justin(Snorlax) Lv 30
Fight Night(Mienfoo) Lv 30
Pidgey Lv 9
Add Em Up(Gulpin) Lv 14
China Town(Butterfree) Lv 17
Tyrunt Lv 21
Kush Calone(Wobbuffet) Lv 22
Ralts(Lv 8-Lv 15): Died in a Double Battle against 2 Smeargles. First one used Helping Hand, and the second one used Metal Claw. This was especially disappointing, as I felt that this was my best encounter in the game so far and the Smeargle caught me off guard.

Ounces(Venipede: Lv 10-Lv 16): Died against Tierno and Trevor. Tierno's Corphish killed it with a +2 crit Vice Grip.

Contraband(Sandile: Lv 16-Lv 21): Died against Grant. His Tyrunt killed it with a crit Stomp.

Antidope(Ivysaur: Lv 10-Lv 25): Died in a Double Battle against Brains and Brawn. A mistimed switch caused it to get bopped by Mr. Mime's Psybeam.

Birds(Fletchinder: Lv 5-Lv 31): Lost against one of Korrina's Gym Trainers. Got hit with a Sawk's counter at half HP.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
o neat a locke update, based names btw

reminder; you have to finish ur locke in order to be eligible for those prizes! I dont believe I elucidated on that, but its pretty obvious imo2bhidk

OKAY

It's time to vote for tier!
It's all quite simple, yes. c:

UU

or

DOUBLES

I know, I know, you might've already voted, but you never know if you changed your mind! ^^;

The crucial tier voting shall end on February 21'st Saturday 10:00 PM CMT, then we shall vote for the first mon/style we'll build around, so be sure to get that thought of, if u want! You know, it's not so hard to vote. Just quickly say ur tier of choice and ur voice shall count -w-

also

CAPmons%20Banner_zpshidbswg7.png

credits to 00swms

tiny
CHALLENGE

Just a short challenge me and The Master Chief briefly talked over! It's a neat idea, I believe.

If you can bring back 5 winning replays from the CAP ladder using our CAPmons CCAT and from the main server ladder, I shall award you 5 battle points! Simple, eh?
If you'd like to change a few things around as was talked about in the ending of the last CAPmons CCAT post, that is fine! Just so long as it's obviously inspired by our team. Importable's in the last CCAT post, i'm SUUURE, but you gotta use an alt that has seen no CAP battles yet! Kinda like the current sweeping snek challenge, but not requiring you to reach a certain ELO. If you have aaaanny Q's, ask away and ill be happy to dodge em. Fill out the form;
Sign-Ups end the 23'rd of this month, but I may extend em.

~~~

PS alt:
what Pokemon Type are you?:

~~~

Lastly, speaking of the sweeping snek chall, it ends on the 24'th this month!

lotta dates on this one, but dw i shall keep up with it all!
take it ez
;_;7​

Last edited:

The Master Chief

tiny
CHALLENGE

Just a short challenge me and The Master Chief briefly talked over! It's a neat idea, I believe.

If you can bring back 5 winning replays from the CAP ladder using our CAPmons CCAT and from the main server ladder, I shall award you 5 battle points! Simple, eh?
If you'd like to change a few things around as was talked about in the ending of the last CAPmons CCAT post, that is fine! Just so long as it's obviously inspired by our team. Importable's in the last CCAT post, i'm SUUURE, but you gotta use an alt that has seen no CAP battles yet! Kinda like the current sweeping snek challenge, but not requiring you to reach a certain ELO. If you have aaaanny Q's, ask away and ill be happy to dodge em. Fill out the form;
Sign-Ups end the 23'rd of this month, but I may extend em.

~~~

PS alt:
what Pokemon Type are you?:

~~~

Just a note: It might take awhile to get a good battle (on the ladder) as most players are nubs who think mono CAP teams are good. Plus the ladder is dead sometimes and it takes a while to get any kind of battle.

PS Alt: YoDitchOnMyBick
What pokemon type are you: All.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Joining meta with that, UU>doubles any day.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
It's kinda strange, seeing everyone posting at 2nd-3rd gym, when I finished up a week or two back... I really have too much time on my hands.

Zachmac

Nuzloche update! Beat Gym #3.
Lv.28 Staravia. Sorry Pidgeotto, you've been replaced. Maybe next time.
Lv.27 Sandile. Just found out Sand Tomb is a physical attack when it got countered by a Wobbuffet. I feel so silly now.
Lv.29 Solosis. I love this little guy. He one-shotted Korrina's Machoke. Too bad he has overcoat instead of magic guard.
Lv.33 Ninetails. He's carried my team through most of the game. Even took on Korrina's Hawlucha 1 on 1 thanks to Will-o-Wisp.
Lv.26 Furfrou. He's impish, and an awesome tank.
Lv.21 Snubull. No intimdate, bold nature...he's really just a filler mon until I get Lapras.

Boxed:
Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Zubat, Oddish, Mienfoo, Tyrunt, Scatterbug, and my retired Pidgeotto.

Dead:
Rip Onix and Scatterbug.

Edit:
Also voting for Doubles.
I'm probably going to be playing in VGC-ish metagames on Wi-fi a lot more in the future as I'm sort-of kind-of retiring from Showdown laddering.

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Rokay raggy, votes are currently 4-1 in UUs favor! So if you wanna see some Doubles or UU action all you gotta do is SPECIFY your vote as so in the actual voting process! Which ends Saturday, February 21'st, 10:00 PM CMT. Remember now, that last thingy we did were merely suggestions!! You have to specify your vote now while you still hab time.

CCAT Tier Voting ends on February 21'st Saturday 10:00 PM CMT
CAPMons tiny Challenge sign-ups ends on February 23'rd Monday 10:00 PM CMT may change
sweeping snek challenge ends on February 24'th Tuesday 10:00 PM CMT

It's kinda strange, seeing everyone posting at 2nd-3rd gym, when I finished up a week or two back... I really have too much time on my hands.

nonsense u were simply 2 prepared

Nuzloche update! Beat Gym #3.
Lv.28 Staravia. Sorry Pidgeotto, you've been replaced. Maybe next time.
Lv.27 Sandile. Just found out Sand Tomb is a physical attack when it got countered by a Wobbuffet. I feel so silly now.
Lv.29 Solosis. I love this little guy. He one-shotted Korrina's Machoke. Too bad he has overcoat instead of magic guard.
Lv.33 Ninetails. He's carried my team through most of the game. Even took on Korrina's Hawlucha 1 on 1 thanks to Will-o-Wisp.
Lv.26 Furfrou. He's impish, and an awesome tank.
Lv.21 Snubull. No intimdate, bold nature...he's really just a filler mon until I get Lapras.

Boxed:
Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Zubat, Oddish, Mienfoo, Tyrunt, Scatterbug, and my retired Pidgeotto.

Dead:
Rip Onix and Scatterbug.

Edit:
Also voting for Doubles.
I'm probably going to be playing in VGC-ish metagames on Wi-fi a lot more in the future as I'm sort-of kind-of retiring from Showdown laddering.

try ladderin on the VGC in showdown b4 u sorta retire!

Conquer Phoenix and The Master Chief, your alts check out.

and all lockes that've been posted have been duly noted!
o and salute to those fallen
;_;7

And to be honest, I hope Mega-Meta isn't banned. Part of me doesnt mind regardless, and part of me just wants to see a suspect test result in the suspect stayin so peeps can stop spouting "ablooabloo smogon banhappy"
Plus Mega-Meta is fun to use. xD

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
tbh, the MegaGross test is part of a Smogon conspiracy to ban all the half-decent Steel types to further their Fairy master race. Think on it, they banned Aegis, MegaWile, MegaLuke, now MegaGross. Convenient, much?

Zachmac

Killed a Gible I wanted to catch. :(
Anyway, I just got my 4th gym badge.

Lv.29 Furfrou. Still a tank.
Lv.30 Solosis. Lil' Solosis here is getting ready to evolve soon. Add in an eviolite, and it'll be just as strong as any fully evolved Psychic.
Lv.30 Lapras. Needed something for Surf.
Lv.33 Lucario. I know I didn't accept Bublasaur...but I really don't want to run the risk of not bringing a Mega with me. I decided to play it safe and take this guy.
Lv.34 Ninetails. Nope. He didn't carry my team through the grass type gym, ironically.
Lv.35 Staraptor. She was level 33 right before the gym battle, so I decided to grind her in the Lumiose Badlands to get her to evolve before the gym battle. She OHKOed Jumpluff and Victreebell, and 2HKOed Gogoat. That was too just easy.
She's also the one who murdered the Gible I wanted. Jerk.

Box: Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Scatterbug, Zubat, Oddish, Mienfoo, Tyrunt, Snubull.
Retired: Pidgeotto, Sandile

Dead: Still just Onix and Scatterbug #2.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Welp, UU took it!

Will be writing up the UU Firstmon/playstyle by the end of today! So get those suggestions ready cause this particular mon is gonna kick EVERYTHING off as the mon we're building around, do remember to suggest a playstyle if you want. If you do not i'll just default it to good ol Balance.

Zachmac

Got my 5th badge. The pacing in this game is so off.

Lv.34 Furfrou. He's surprisingly fast. Built up my "style" a bunch, got him the pharaoh cut now that I'm in Lumiose again, and wasted my money at that overpriced clothes store.
Lv.34 Dousion. This guys pretty decent.
Lv.30 Lapras. Still hasn't leveled up...but hey, at least she knows Thunderbolt.
Lv.35 Lucario. Helioisk almost killed him.
Lv.36 Ninetales. Dry Skin caused Helkioisk to die during it's battle with Mega Lucario. I knew picking this one was the right choice.
Lv.35 Staraptor. Didn't use her at all for this gym battle. She already had her day in the sun at the grass gym.

Box: Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Scatterbug, Zubat, Oddish, Mienfoo, Tyrunt, Snubull. Totally didn't just copy/paste this part.
Retired: Pidgeotto, Sandile

Dead: Still just Onix and Scatterbug #2.

Edit: Got my 6th badge.

Lv.38 Furfrou. I brought this guy, Dousion, and Ninetails to Restraunt Le Yeah for a little training session, and it payed off nicely.
Lv.39 Dousion. He's got Toxic and Recover. Perfect.
Lv.35 Lapras. Now she's a BoltBeamer. She also took out Valerie's Sylveon with Perish Song...though she had to swap out to Ninetails.
Lv.35 Lucario. I wonder when he learns his good moves. I better check after this post.
Lv.39 Staraptor. She is 2HKOing pretty much anything I'm willing to put her against. It's awesome.
Lv.42 Ninetails. He's not exactly as good as he was early game anymore, but he's still pretty good. And he's also super majestic, if that stands for anything.

Same box details. Didn't bother catching the pokemon on Route 14 because it was just a Shelmet who I'd be unable to evolve anyway.

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Yeah, Furfrou caught me off-guard with how good it was, too. Not as much as Dedenne, though. Dedenne was freaking amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.