• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

UU CCAT TIME

Round 3

DOUBLE TROUBLE
Finally, let's get this show on the road!
We got Cress da bes and neato Sharpedo on the play
Playstyle: Balance

cresselia.gif

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast / Ice Beam
- Moonlight / Substitute

Solid check to most fighting types, Nidoqueen, and the common Salamence and Aerodactyl. Works very well against balanced and bulky offense playstyles setting up on many supportive Pokemon, especially if carrying Substitute.

Cress' Smogon Page

319.gif

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost->Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect/Earthquake

Good ol' fashioned MegaPedo sweeping. Crunch and Ice Fang get the biting boost after Mega, Waterfall and EQ offer good coverage, plus one's STAB. SubBoost is basically the closest Sharpedo can do for setup.
For this guy, we'll need either HO or Balanced, IDK which atm.

Sharps' Smogon Page

There you have it, folks! First off, we're seein' a Bug weakness. We might also need a rocker, but that's for you to decide!? Maybe somethin to bust through physical walls? Decided to include all their pages for conveniences sake yet again and the Viability page!

suggest you suggest a mon to help our Balance and for these two to come through!
suggesting ends on
March 8'th 10:00 PM CMT
suggest away, but be sure to explain your reasoning!

Smogon UU Viability/Ranking Page

;_;7

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
Defeated 6th Gym. I was hoping Weepinbell, the new addition, would get a chance to shine, but it could only hit 1 of Valerie's fairies super-effectively, while not getting hit super-effectively back. Acid is a weak Poison attack, can't wait for a stronger one.
TrapAHolic(Weepinbell) Lv 39
Fight Night(Mienfoo) Lv 38
YRH(Lucario) Lv 41
Finesser(Granbull) Lv 38
I'm a Stoner(Aerodactyl) Lv 43
Justin(Snorlax) Lv 38

Pidgey Lv 9
Add Em Up(Gulpin) Lv 14
China Town(Butterfree) Lv 17
Tyrunt Lv 21
Kush Calone(Wobbuffet) Lv 22

Ralts(Lv 8-Lv 15): Died in a Double Battle against 2 Smeargles. First one used Helping Hand, and the second one used Metal Claw. This was especially disappointing, as I felt that this was my best encounter in the game so far and the Smeargle caught me off guard.

Ounces(Venipede: Lv 10-Lv 16): Died against Tierno and Trevor. Tierno's Corphish killed it with a +2 crit Vice Grip.

Contraband(Sandile: Lv 16-Lv 21): Died against Grant. His Tyrunt killed it with a crit Stomp.

Antidope(Ivysaur: Lv 10-Lv 25): Died in a Double Battle against Brains and Brawn. A mistimed switch caused it to get bopped by Mr. Mime's Psybeam.

Birds(Fletchinder: Lv 5-Lv 31): Lost against one of Korrina's Gym Trainers. Got hit with a Sawk's counter at half HP.

Body Parts(Slowpoke: Lv 25-Lv 30): Died to a wild Dugtrio.
Evolving Weepinbell after I finish typing this update.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Batminton (Crobat) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Probably my favorite mon in UU, this thing can take hits even without any investment in bulk thanks to its awesome typing. 4x resistance to Bug, Grass, and Fighting is amazing for our team so far considering our main sweeper is weak to all three of those. Crobat also provides Defog support and acts as a pivot with U-turn.

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
PO/PS Name?: Not A Cyberbully
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: Can check later if it's needed.
Why do you want to join?: Just got back into Pokemon after a long hiatus. Had fond memories in guilds doing some competitive and wanted to experience that again.
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: What? These are new since my time I believe.
Battling Experience?: Reached top 100 on the OU ladder a long time ago. Since then been out. Just got back and will need some refreshers on meta.
Referrer?: Saw Metal Sonic was running this guide. We've talked in the past. Easier to come cack to friendly faces rather than strangers.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
PO/PS Name?: Not A Cyberbully
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: Can check later if it's needed.
Why do you want to join?: Just got back into Pokemon after a long hiatus. Had fond memories in guilds doing some competitive and wanted to experience that again.
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: What? These are new since my time I believe.
Battling Experience?: Reached top 100 on the OU ladder a long time ago. Since then been out. Just got back and will need some refreshers on meta.
Referrer?: Saw Metal Sonic was running this guide. We've talked in the past. Easier to come cack to friendly faces rather than strangers.

WOAH HEY WELCOME, DUDE
If I recall....i was your lieutenant in PCS! Everyone here is pretty friendly so settle in and get comfy -w-

Right now we're doin an ORAS UU CCAT, peeps are finishing up Nuzlockes, and i'm thinkin of another ladder chall for ez points, so stick around if you can! Test battles can be conducted by anyone within the war team, so PM Conquer Phoenix or McHearth or Master Chief or anyone in there.

hope u american dudes enjoy your spring break~

1425559033078_zpscluafequ.jpg

Classic

Last edited:

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
Thanks Metal. Ya these was that, and Skarm's thing. AAA I wanna call it. I recognized a couple of names that I'm glad to see around here still. McHearth was one that popped out. I haven't even made a comp team yet so I'll be having a look around. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Just goes to show the morons that play competitive pokemon still...

Says the one who still has a Scarfed Florges team somewhere.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Thanks Metal. Ya these was that, and Skarm's thing. AAA I wanna call it. I recognized a couple of names that I'm glad to see around here still. McHearth was one that popped out. I haven't even made a comp team yet so I'll be having a look around. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Welcome back fren!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Since I finally managed to find my SD card with Y on it, time to speed through the Nuz :D

Defeated Viola already c:

Team:

Elgyem (Zero) Lvl: 17

Pansear (Jak) Lvl: 14

Ralts (Anak) Lvl: 11

Dead:

Pidgey (Iron)

Boxed:

Litleo (Meta)

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Newest challenge? What sorcery is occuring here anyway?

Zachmac

Got the 7th badge in my Nuzloche.

Lv42 Furfrou.
Lv45 Reuniclus
Lv40 Lucario
Lv47 Ninetales
Lv43 Staraptor
Lv43 Lapras

In an idiot move, I accidentally pressed Flamethrower when my Ninetales was facing off my rival's Flareon. Flareon responded with a Flash Fire, Drought boosted Lava Plume that put my Ninetales into the red-health zone. I knew the Flareon had Quick Attack, so I wasn't sure if I would risky losing my Ninetale's first life to that or risk swapping something into Lava Plume. I decided to keep Ninetales in, and thankfully, the AI was stupid enough not to use Quick Attack and I won without losing anything.

Staraptor almost died to a Gym Trainer's Exeggutor, but thankfully lived with 13 health.

I had no favorable match ups, so in the gym battle, I relied on Reuniclus's Toxic and Lapras's Perish Song. It was Reuniclus who really pulled through here, and thanks to Recover, the only medicine I had to use was an Awakening.

Boxed: Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Zubat, Oddish, Mienfoo, Tyrunt, Snubull, Pidgeotto, Sandile, Liepard, Pumpkaboo, and Scatterbug.
Dead: Onix and Scatterbug #2.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Newest challenge? What sorcery is occuring here anyway?

The spookiest sorcery

Got the 7th badge in my Nuzloche.

Lv42 Furfrou.
Lv45 Reuniclus
Lv40 Lucario
Lv47 Ninetales
Lv43 Staraptor
Lv43 Lapras

In an idiot move, I accidentally pressed Flamethrower when my Ninetales was facing off my rival's Flareon. Flareon responded with a Flash Fire, Drought boosted Lava Plume that put my Ninetales into the red-health zone. I knew the Flareon had Quick Attack, so I wasn't sure if I would risky losing my Ninetale's first life to that or risk swapping something into Lava Plume. I decided to keep Ninetales in, and thankfully, the AI was stupid enough not to use Quick Attack and I won without losing anything.

Staraptor almost died to a Gym Trainer's Exeggutor, but thankfully lived with 13 health.

I had no favorable match ups, so in the gym battle, I relied on Reuniclus's Toxic and Lapras's Perish Song. It was Reuniclus who really pulled through here, and thanks to Recover, the only medicine I had to use was an Awakening.

Boxed: Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Zubat, Oddish, Mienfoo, Tyrunt, Snubull, Pidgeotto, Sandile, Liepard, Pumpkaboo, and Scatterbug.
Dead: Onix and Scatterbug #2.

jeez ur pretty fast at this, maybe faster then Iron...
we might have to do a harder game next time!
anywho
`
sorry bout the delay from me, actually overshot a time estimate as to when I was gonna be back with interwebs access today, will post the CCAT Update! Was gonna suggest a Nidoqueen, but I wanted to think about the set for a little and thought i'd be back in time, alas. ;_;
o well im sure u dudes'll do good with the team regardless! Chall should be up tomorrow.

Last edited:

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Anyone interested in commenting on an NU team I made?

Real Beef (Bouffalant) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake

Kenjutsu (Scyther) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Wing Attack
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

Kyokushin (Sawk) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Breast Milk (Magmortar) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Baby Food (Musharna) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Baton Pass
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight

Happy Feet (Prinplup) @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Scald
- Toxic

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Do you ever use Baton Pass on Musharna? Maybe go for T-Wave on it, and here's the CHALLENGE

Type_Steel_zpsla9a2yux.gif
Type_Dragon_zps3ajde4zo.gif
Type_Fairy_zpsjv7kkepo.gif

THE
CORE
CHALLENGE

Time for the new challenge to commence!
This one is as simple as the others. All you have to do is break a certain ranking via a team that follows the rules of the chall along with posting some replays! Was gonna go the route of a single Pokemon again, but let's just give the new "F/W/G" a shot, eh?

RULES

1. Your team must consist of a Steel/Dragon/Fairy core! You must post a bear minimum of 5 replays of your team in use and these replays must come from higher than 1150 ELO.
2. 1370 ELO is your goal. You must post your proof in a pic or PM me if you cannot so I can check myself and confirm.
3. This challenge will only take place on the current OU ladder on Pokemon Showdown.
4. You must use a fresh alt. Meaning it hasn't seen any other battles on the OU tier.
5. Gotta fill out the form to enter!
6. DON'T get banned, pls I mean cmon <<

~~~

Form

PS alt:
your nearest fruit:

~~~

Prize

The prize shall be 10 battle points. c:

;_;7

EDIT:

Sign-Ups for The Core Challenge shall end March 14'th 10:00 PM CMT.

The Core Challenge itself ends on March 22'nd. 10:00 PM CMT If everyone who's involved finished before then we'll have it finished.

It's okay to start if any of you are wondering, but if I PM'd you on your validity please refrain from doing so until you get back to me. Though if we cleared it up, you're good!

Dates may be subject to change, though. Almost left this info out, my bad. ^^;

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
PS alt: SDF test
your nearest fruit: I believe there's an apple core in the trash.

Can we use Mega Altaria for the Fairy?

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

UU CCAT AHAH

Round 4

PLAIN BATTY
Crobat seems to be the Pokemon we need but not the Pokemon we deserve with its speed, threatening Flying STAB, and ability to pivot out and allow for us garner momentum while ridding us of pesky hazards that would wear us down. Also there's it fantastic resistances which cover Bug and Grass weaknesses for both of our sweepers, respectively. Such as Mega-Beedrill or Shaymin who would both find it so easy to use their OP moves. It also Infiltrates subs/screens and whatnot which is kinda neat.

Playstyle: Balance

cresselia.gif

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast / Ice Beam
- Moonlight / Substitute

Solid check to most fighting types, Nidoqueen, and the common Salamence and Aerodactyl. Works very well against balanced and bulky offense playstyles setting up on many supportive Pokemon, especially if carrying Substitute.

Cress' Smogon Page

319.gif

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost->Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect/Earthquake

Good ol' fashioned MegaPedo sweeping. Crunch and Ice Fang get the biting boost after Mega, Waterfall and EQ offer good coverage, plus one's STAB. SubBoost is basically the closest Sharpedo can do for setup.
For this guy, we'll need either HO or Balanced, IDK which atm.

Sharps' Smogon Page

crobat_s.gif

Batminton (Crobat) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Probably my favorite mon in UU, this thing can take hits even without any investment in bulk thanks to its awesome typing. 4x resistance to Bug, Grass, and Fighting is amazing for our team so far considering our main sweeper is weak to all three of those. Crobat also provides Defog support and acts as a pivot with U-turn.

Crobat's Smogon Page

Lookin pretty swell so far, but there are still top threats to watch out for. And plenty of bulky things we need to be able to wear down for late game sweeps with and for both of our current sweepers. Just in case you haven't noticed, we're already on Round 4!

Everyone's gotta get to suggesting, so try something out! Suggesting ends on
March 11'th 10:00 PM CMT
suggest away, but be sure to explain your reasoning!

Smogon UU Viability/Ranking Page

;_;7

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
OK, time for my 5 cents here: Electric's going to devastate most of this team. Here's my suggestion:
Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Ice Beam and EVs let it speed-creep and oneshot Adamant Honchkrows, 2 STABs for obvious reasons, and SR because the team's lacking it. Also, it's weaknesses aren't too significant here, as Cress can easily switch into Psychics, Ice Beams, Earth Powers and the like.

Also Meta, Zach's speeding through this? I was over and done 11 days after it started.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.