• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMeganium

Dropping Bloom Dooms
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Shuckle: 228-270 (93.4 - 110.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
Good luck getting the chance to Encore that. Also, it's Banded, why use Encore?

252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Shuckle: 182-218 (74.5 - 89.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Any prior damage and you won't get the chance to Power Split. And I'm pretty sure that's still a 2HKO if Power Split is used after the first hit.

It does beat Serperior, I'll give you that, but for dealing with TFlame and Mega Aerodactyl there are much better SR users out there. Sticky Web is not as necessary as you are making it out to be, given that Speed passing is very gimmicky and going from +5 Speed to +4 Speed really doesn't do much. Scarfers are also less common now and the most common Scarfer is immune to Sticky Web anyway. We also don't need Keldeo to sweep, given that it's main role is removing slower mons that can give Alakazam hell.

I really like the Clefable, however, I would use a spread of 252 HP/124 Def/132 SDef so that you can switch into Thundurus without being 2HKOed by Thunderbolt, especially since Thundurus gives our current members of our team hell. For the slot after this one I'd really like to get a Stealth Rock user, preferably one better than Shuckle. I'll probably throw in a suggestion of my own for that next round.
Why would I encore a banded Azumarill? Ever heard of belly drum? Also, Shuckle is THE ONLY POKEMON with access to both rocks AND Sticky Web. Also, you have NO IDEA how many battles I've won because of Shuckle. And I thought of a new application; what if the opponent ALSO uses Sticky Web? They effectively cancel each other, because both sides now have -1 speed.

AnakBaé

EXACTLY. SHUCKLE SHUTS DOWN ALL OF THEM. Encore the Azumarill, Power Split the Excadrill, Power Split for Serperior, and rocks for Talonflame.
Ay, I think your obsessiveness is crossing the line here.

Why would I encore a banded Azumarill? Ever heard of belly drum?
Unless you want to gamble on Shuckle staying against Azumarill, which is reckless, you can only tell if its banded or Belly Drum until it deals 2hko damage to Shuckle with banded (93.4 - 110.6%) or neutral Waterfall (62-73%). It has no means of recovery and virtually no speed whatsoever. When it happens, it'd be too fragile for it to do anything useful other than being a fodder for something to come in.

Also, Shuckle is THE ONLY POKEMON with access to both rocks AND Sticky Web. And I thought of a new application; what if the opponent ALSO uses Sticky Web? They effectively cancel each other, because both sides now have -1 speed

I think you're overemphasizing the use of Sticky Web while forgetting the fact that the existence of Defog, Rapid spin, and Taunt destroy the purpose of having Shuckle in the first place.
Besides, using sticky web to counter opponent's sticky web is a desperate idea when you can just Defog away and perform without having to rely on flying/levitate Pokemon to win.

Also, you have NO IDEA how many battles I've won because of Shuckle.
Oh please don't. Got any logs to back that up?
And yes I voted for your shuckle, but it was just friendly vote to add some weigh to the other side of the scale.

Last edited:

MegaMeganium

Dropping Bloom Dooms
Do you remember what the item was? MENTAL HERB. And you know how you said Shuckle was cannon fodder? HE ALWAYS SURVIVES AT LEAST THREE HITS. My chuckle can stay in on anything. I think we just call a truce and end this petty argument.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Why would I encore a banded Azumarill? Ever heard of belly drum? Also, Shuckle is THE ONLY POKEMON with access to both rocks AND Sticky Web. Also, you have NO IDEA how many battles I've won because of Shuckle. And I thought of a new application; what if the opponent ALSO uses Sticky Web? They effectively cancel each other, because both sides now have -1 speed.

Im sorry, mega, shuckle can be a very helpful Pokemon with the right support but its really something that needs to be built around specifically. While it may be true it has helped you to win many battles, the idea here is consistency. This can be gathered from Anaks post. Also, try not to be so snarky towards other members. We're not trying to knock you or anything, but rather, speaking from our own experiences as well as from facts and calculations!

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I say Shuckle is still good. Hmf.

And it very well can be for sure!

Oi, and you guys, im gonna put up another ladder challenge soon. This time, it'll have some "ranges". You'll see what I mean soon.
Thanks for bein patient, all. And I know it sounds silly but im really interested in seeing Gene in OU again, if only, just for a bit.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
And it very well can be for sure!

Oi, and you guys, im gonna put up another ladder challenge soon. This time, it'll have some "ranges". You'll see what I mean soon.
Thanks for bein patient, all. And I know it sounds silly but im really interested in seeing Gene in OU again, if only, just for a bit.

Is it getting re-suspected or something?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

G2LlRSP.png

credits to Astral Shadow

MegaMeganium said:
213.png

Shuckle @ Leftovers/Mental Herb/Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Power Split
- Encore

Power Split is to neuter sweepers who might try to take advantage of Shuckle before it can set up. Also, if they get to Alakazam after knocking out Shuckle, Alakazam has a higher chance of surviving. And Encore is for tanks and Pokemon who also try and set up. No explanation needed. Rocks are for Megadactyl, who threaten to speed tie with Megazam and also to rack up damage against other threats and thus be worn down for OHKO's and 2HKO's from Zams moves, and Sticky Web for Baton Passers and mons who rely on Scarf to outspeed Zam.

625.png

Bisharp @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Picked Bisharp because I saw it on a Mega Alakazam team. It would do pretty good with ghosts, Latis especially, and take out threats like T-tar, pressure Clef and gives us priority for faster threats. With this spread, it lives HP Fire from Lati after rocks.

356px-Clefable_-_Pokemon_Dream_World.svg.png

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

Destroys Mega-Sableye which otherwise walls Mega-Alakazam and can tank hits from Mega-Lopunny, who we currently do not have a switch in for. Helps Keldeo fend off Weavile and works pretty well with Keldeo in general, with Keldeo hitting Heatran and spreading burns.

Mons such as Serperior, Talonflame, Azumarill, and Excadrill still pose threats to our team though.

2565924-250px-707klefki_dream.png

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave

Klefki, while being a defensive mon, keeps the team offensive focused rather than shifting to a balanced oriented playstyle.
T wave/Spikes support. Great Keld support being able to switch in on Lati's, Heat Wave-less Torn-T, Mega Alt, and Gengar.
Magnet Rise to set up on Lando and Garchomp. Play Rough to hit Sableye and 2hko Latis.

AIGHT

And that's it for the suggesting for this round! Looks like things are going by a bit swimmingly so here are the suggestions. It's been done 100's of times before so you know the drill; just vote for the one you believe'll fit our needs best! They all do one thing or the other, but your 1 vote could change everything, so put it in! Zam and Keldeo are to be thought about.

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Encore

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Voting ends Tuesday 12:00 PM GMT so there u go!​

Last edited:

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Klefki because that keychain is dope

Arcos

Umbreon Master
Voting for Bisharp :) Also if you guys want we can change Bisharp a little. Metal helped me and suggested this set too :)
Bisharp @ BlackGlasses
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
It lives HP Fire from Latios after rocks, I believe.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Voting for Bisharp :) Also if you guys want we can change Bisharp a little. Metal helped me and suggested this set too :)
Bisharp @ BlackGlasses
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
It lives HP Fire from Latios after rocks, I believe.

Done. Get your votes in everyone. This sharp set will be the new one in the round!

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
There was three for Clefable.
Now four :]

Status
Not open for further replies.