• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
^ Whattya mean?

Also, have any of ya'll been april fooled yet?

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
^ Whattya mean?

Also, have any of ya'll been april fooled yet?

Erm, yes..... WhyBuffet Imma lookin at you :3

Also, for the CCAT. Can we nominate a UU poke? Or is it supposed to be OU? lol. If no UU then I'll submit the thing everyone hates in every generation :p

Hoopa-U ban : Yay or Nay? NAY

Hoopa-U ban yay or nay?: nay, been doing suspect OU, and stall is everywhere. ._.

Stall.... :( :( :(

Last edited:

ptz

I defeated pokemon league in pokemon Red

Team

Mew lv 63
Raichu lv 55
Charizard lv 54
Hitmonlee lv 54
Vaporeon lv 55

Dead

Mankey
Charizard
Hitmonlee
Pidgey

BLUES.

Something else
Im in for the tournament.
Also Im still alive.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
1DjRrfH.png

Yes hello, as it turns out, EK has let me know he's a little too busy with his IRL obligations atm so im gonna head this CCAT for the forseeable future. If and when he comes back to claim it, i'll happily hand it back over!

Right now we're doin an
RBY OU CCAT

~~~

Spr_1b_053.png

Persian
- Slash
- Bubblebeam
- Hyper Beam
- Thunderbolt / Screech

Persian using Bubblebeam wasn't a freakin joke yo.... With Persians speed, its very easily capable of critting a lot of the tiers slower, popular, threats like Exeggutor and Chansey. Bubblebeam can really bring down RBY's T-Wave immunitys in Golem and Rhydon and at the same time deal massive damage to them. Hyper Beam at the end because it's a very capable move when mons are weakened, but not enough so for Slash to do the job. It also does not worry about charge up if the opponent is KO'd. Lastly, Screech can help us defeat bulkier mons by lowering their Defense so that Hyper Beam can finish em off if they're fast enough for the not guaranteed crit like switch in Starmie! Think that's how it works. If Screech isnt your cup then T-Bolt is a nice alternative to hit Cloyster hard as well. Not all's peachy keen for the boss' cat though. Gengar can wall this set quite heartily as BB wont do so much. It's also quite frail so it won't be taking hits all too well, but due to its great speed and Slashs' high crit chance, chances are, you'll be gettin a crit against much slower threats. It's meant to be a late game sweeper though and as most mons in this tier do, does NOT enjoy paralysis as it neuters this cat pretty hard as it is heavily dependent on its speed.

Spr_1b_103.png

Exeggutor
- Sleep Powder
- Psychic
- Explosion
- Stun Spore / Mega Drain
Exeggutor is very potent! One of the most obvious things it does for us is grant us status, a must have here in OU RBY. It also switches into anythin from Gengar as it resists everything it can feasibly run offensively. Exploding on us means Persian has one less thing to take its hits, but Hypnosis could be troublesome. Doublestatus helps to make any switch in switch in with fear as it cripples things like Zam and Starmie, and in general spreading status is the name of the game in RBY, especially to help make a point of Persians speed along with just being supportive in general. Explosion is nifty to take down Chansey and at worst, dent any other switch in. Stun Spore is slashed with Mega Drain as one, it definitely makes a mess of Golem/Rhydons switching in looking to take a predict Explosion and can heal up a lot in doing so. Though we do currently run Bubblebeam and Psychic so it's not too necessary, just an option.

Spr_1b_149.png

Dragonite
- Agility
- Wrap
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Blast
Okay, so this set is really broken. Use agility and then wrap your opponents to death. Absolutely nothing can get past this borked strategy other than Gengar. (Which still immobilizes him, but deals no damage) This is just as borked as Shedinja with Sturdy and Endeavor/Shadow Sneak/ESpeed in Hackmons! :O

~~~

Alrighty so here's where we left off, we have Persian with Bubblebeam and T-Bolt to help water down rocks and roast bulkier mons like Cloyster/Gyarados/Starmie and the like. Though its main purpose is a late/mid game sweep for with its crittin capabilities. The BB and T-Bolt coverage may prove to be especially helpful for Dragonites attempts to wrap things up. Exeggutor to help patch things up defensively by spreading status and scaring threats such as Gengar and Zammer and exploding on annoying mons like Chansey. Though its best not to explode to early! The slash between Stun Spore and Mega Drain is important though as Mega Drain makes very quick work and is more ensurance against rocks and bulky waters, but Stun Spore is equally important for the very well appreciated paralysis. Lastly, we have Dragonite to paralyze the opponent the only other way gen 1 allows! By havin em all wrapped up and slowly losing their health. That's 3 mons. But what is the other? It's time to get back at it!

RBY OU Viability Rankings

Nominations'll end on April 8'th 12:00 PM CMT
suggest well and enjoy it, yeah? heh, keep in mind im goin off of what i can confer by lookin at the tier and the threads

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw

Nominations'll end on March 8'th 12:00 PM CMT
suggest well and enjoy it, yeah? heh, keep in mind im goin off of what i can confer by lookin at the tier and the threads

don't you mean April 8th

or is this srsly gonna go on for 11 months

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Starmie
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Thunder Wave/Psychic/Hydro pump

Recommending Starmie, as we need an ice switch in (looking at you Cloyster) and doubling up on psychics doesn't double any weaknesses in this tier. Starmie is also great defensively thanks to recover and thunderwave. However Psychic and Hydro Pump are Stab options that open up super effective coverage as Thunderbolt and Blizzard have perfect neutral coverage in generation one.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I shall be posting the war team today or tomorrow. Hold onto ur butts and no crying! I'll PM all of you whom are on it just to ensure you're up for it.

Also, I wanna post Chansey as a teammate, but I like Starmies speed and power over her. Plus it scares out Tauros with T-Wave.

2 more peeps for the tourney
cmon, dont u wanna use stinky mons??

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
^ Any and all tourny wins for this mini tour'll count as two wins if posted here in form!

I'll be postin the CCAT tomorrow btw!

~~~

MetalSonic said:
Are you, you, you, you, and YOU ready to defend VO's honor? yay or nay

VOBanner11_zpsf112f6b6.png

ptz said:
Yeah il be on war Team

Erron Black said:
AYE SIR :-:7

Aura Sensei™ said:
Yeah I'm down put me in coach

BLUES. said:

meliekpi said:
I'm ready coach.

~~~

aka

THE WAR TEAM

These VO membs were tested by me, shown via constant and consistent battling and battling prowess, activity, and past war experience that they wanted to make and were ready for the team. There were more of you who wanted on, I know, but unfortunately the usual cap is 5. It was hard to pick some over the others, very. Though next teams id love to allow new faces on as well. If you'd really like to be on, let it be known! Battle a lot and whatnot and I and others'll be sure to notice. PM or VM me for any questions. I do plan on having more wars sooner than usual! These sparse wars gotta be a thing of the past! The subsquad have been picked as well, no worries. We have two in Regi_Rocks and Conquer Phoenix. Both are readily willing to sub and fight for our name as well from what ive tested and they've proved.

Now that you've all been picked, we'll be warrin RoF! All we gotta do is go over a few more deets, write up a thread, go over it, and we're set! Till then, all of you do stay sharp, and I mean really sharp! You've got it in you, I do solemnly believe.

;_;7​

O hey. Look at me being last makin meta wait

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
1DjRrfH.png

Right now we're doin an
RBY OU CCAT

~~~

Spr_1b_053.png

Persian
- Slash
- Bubblebeam
- Hyper Beam
- Thunderbolt / Screech

Persian using Bubblebeam wasn't a freakin joke yo.... With Persians speed, its very easily capable of critting a lot of the tiers slower, popular, threats like Exeggutor and Chansey. Bubblebeam can really bring down RBY's T-Wave immunitys in Golem and Rhydon and at the same time deal massive damage to them. Hyper Beam at the end because it's a very capable move when mons are weakened, but not enough so for Slash to do the job. It also does not worry about charge up if the opponent is KO'd. Lastly, Screech can help us defeat bulkier mons by lowering their Defense so that Hyper Beam can finish em off if they're fast enough for the not guaranteed crit like switch in Starmie! Think that's how it works. If Screech isnt your cup then T-Bolt is a nice alternative to hit Cloyster hard as well. Not all's peachy keen for the boss' cat though. Gengar can wall this set quite heartily as BB wont do so much. It's also quite frail so it won't be taking hits all too well, but due to its great speed and Slashs' high crit chance, chances are, you'll be gettin a crit against much slower threats. It's meant to be a late game sweeper though and as most mons in this tier do, does NOT enjoy paralysis as it neuters this cat pretty hard as it is heavily dependent on its speed.

Spr_1b_103.png

Exeggutor
- Sleep Powder
- Psychic
- Explosion
- Stun Spore / Mega Drain
Exeggutor is very potent! One of the most obvious things it does for us is grant us status, a must have here in OU RBY. It also switches into anythin from Gengar as it resists everything it can feasibly run offensively. Exploding on us means Persian has one less thing to take its hits, but Hypnosis could be troublesome. Doublestatus helps to make any switch in switch in with fear as it cripples things like Zam and Starmie, and in general spreading status is the name of the game in RBY, especially to help make a point of Persians speed along with just being supportive in general. Explosion is nifty to take down Chansey and at worst, dent any other switch in. Stun Spore is slashed with Mega Drain as one, it definitely makes a mess of Golem/Rhydons switching in looking to take a predict Explosion and can heal up a lot in doing so. Though we do currently run Bubblebeam and Psychic so it's not too necessary, just an option.

Spr_1b_149.png

Dragonite
- Agility
- Wrap
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Blast
Okay, so this set is really broken. Use agility and then wrap your opponents to death. Absolutely nothing can get past this borked strategy other than Gengar. (Which still immobilizes him, but deals no damage) This is just as borked as Shedinja with Sturdy and Endeavor/Shadow Sneak/ESpeed in Hackmons! :O

Spr_1b_121.png

Starmie
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Thunder Wave/Psychic/Hydro pump

Recommending Starmie, as we need an ice switch in (looking at you Cloyster) and doubling up on psychics doesn't double any weaknesses in this tier. Starmie is also great defensively thanks to recover and thunderwave. However Psychic and Hydro Pump are Stab options that open up super effective coverage as Thunderbolt and Blizzard have perfect neutral coverage in generation one.

~~~

Here we got the star of the OU show, Starmie! As stated above, this mons Psychic type's a blessing rather than a boon to double up on as Psychics are free to spam this gen, pretty much. It's boltbeam coverage ensures it can can get a good hit in on anything that isn't super bulky like Snorlax and Chansey. Blizzard has 90% accuracy here as well and the added 10% frz chance to our arsenal is basically a 10% chance to KO a mon as you all know. Another paralysiser that can threaten and outpace things such as Tauros and wall Zam is always appreciated, but be warned as the second one there'll feel obligated to share some T-Waves to. Should you feel we've got enough of those waves flying around, the best offensive typing in the game; Psychic, is always a viable option to run for damage. Hydro Pump is good to OHKO Golem and Rhydon as Blizzard misses out. Also it's very important as an ice resist, cant forget that!

RBY OU Viability Rankings

Yupyup, and that's the new member! Time for the next member of our teams noms to begin. Again, sorry if I sound a lil misinformed, im just tryin to give a quick overview, but do come to your own overviews yourself by viewing the ranking thread linked and comin to your own conclusion on what we need.

Nominations'll end on April 14'th 12:00 PM CMT

Last edited:
Nomming mandatory tauros.

Tauros

- Body Slam
- Hyper Beam
- Earthquake
- Blizzard

Seriously though, tauros is everywhere. Just a solid mon overall that takes advantage of paralysis spread and Persian who weakens tauros checks. These 4 moves are all Tauros needs to sweep late or mid game hax permitting.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Spr_1b_112.png

Rhydon
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
- Body Slam

Right now, Zapdos and electric friends I think can cause us problems and so can strong Normal moves. As Zapdos and Jolteon both pack moves and status to hurt our only resist for them; Exegg, hard enough to be an annoyance. This here Rhydon should be able to help alleviate those things and with the para support coming from a lot of our team, it can even make a fantastic offensive threat coupled with its STABs and inability to get paralyzed from Thunder Wave effectively neutralizing a lot of Electric types just by sittin on its rocky behind in the field. EarthSlide coverage is STAB and apparently Rhydons EQ is the strongest non-drawback physical move in the game whilst Substitute can be used to take advantage of paralysis or switch outs. Body Slam is last to help spread paralysis as well! As you all know, Water and Grassers like Lapras and Exeggutor can cause this super old mon to drop so be sure to deal with them accordingly before committing to Rhydon in-battle!​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.