• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

THE CREATOR IS HERE

Ubers CCAT

1DjRrfH.png

salamence-mega.gif

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate ---> Aerilate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Frustration
- Refresh

Intimidate allows us to come in and scare off physical attackers that Espeed. Bulk allows us to get in 1-16 DD's and we can refresh to heal burns from groudons, ghosts, etc. and we can roost to heal HP to be healthy and tank Epeed users we scared off earlier. Fairies? LOL Aerilate Frustration for a based STABED 102 Flying type move will be based 153 no recoil drawback will help send the tooth fairies back to nonexistence.

THIS IS A MONSTER. Can also be paired off with a lot of other stuff such as soul dew latios (a slightly lesser monster in its own right and/OR primal Groudon with paralisis to help set up and remove steels.)

Resuggesting Xerneas until it gets in! :D
20160108204925.gif

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 56 HP / 156 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy / Psyshock

So basic Xerneas is basic. Except Shiny. Geomancy + Power Herb is what makes Xerneas so good. With full SpAtk and split Spd and HP, with the teeny tiny SpDef EVs you'll have enough bulk to get that Geomancy in and then you can prepare to sweep the floor with this beautiful beast. Moonblast is standard STAB move for Xerneas, you can't pick any other Fairy move for it. Focus Blast gets rid of them nasty Steel types like Dialga and M-Luca, while dealing with other threats like M-Kanga. Psyshock is for M-Gengar who likes to try and keep you in to Perish Song or kill you swiftly. Or you can go with Aromatherapy to get rid of any status that may be inflicted upon you by the likes of Klefki or M-Eye.

arceus.gif

Arceus @ Life Orb / Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw / Stone Edge
- Earthquake / Magic Coat
- Swords Dance

Already explained why I want this on the team. Meta had a nice little tweak to the set that I quite liked, so I also included Magic Coat. It allows Arceus to act as an anti lead for stuff like Darkrai, Smeargle, and hazard setters in general. Can also bounce back status from Lugia, Groudon, Giratina, etc. Silk Scarf is slashed with Life Orb to provide longevity at the cost of some power.
She also had Shadow Claw over Stone Edge, which is perfectly viable especially if you decide to forgo Earthquake. However, I think luring Yveltal is still pretty nice though less of a need with Xerneas.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Frustration
- Refresh

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock / Aromatherapy

Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Magic Coat / Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Arceus is anythin but Normal. Remember the pokegod rumors? Well, here it is! In the flesh and on the team! Arceus-Normal brings to us an even more offensive presence in the form of its tried and true SD+E-Speed set. Jolly Nature is to e-speedtie other Arceus, but the toss ups are the movesets. Magic Coat can and will throw off an opponents status/hazards and helps to make Arceus an effective anti-lead but Earthquake+LO can send things such as Groudon-Prime/Klefki unto an early demise, two mons who can annoy Xern and Sala. Shadow Claw hits Giratina-O hard and Lugia consistently, but Stone Edge can also be an option to take out Ho-Oh and Yveltal, two equally annoying mons. In the end, you can either go with Claw/Coat utility, EdgeQuake offense, or mix em up. Just remember though, Arceus' priority can be crucial sometimes to weaken or pick off enemy teammates. LO+EQ gives +2 Arceus a shot at OHKO'ing standard bulky Groudon-Prime after rocks, and in general powers up Arceus, but Silk Scarf is there in case you want Arceus to take a hit or two and still have a bit of extra power in the prio pick-offs. Arceus is pretty dang flexible, all in all. It can outright sweep, weaken teams, and act as a revenge killer and takes a hit with its 120 defenses. Play it right and it'll be like playin god.

Ubers Viability Rankings

Fourth teammate suggesting time!
So good it had no contest.
Teammate suggestions end on
June 7'th 12:00 PM CMT
As always, be sure to explain well; the reasoning for your mon being on the team. This is important so we understand more what your mon's bringin to the team!​

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Oh yes as Dew said, if you haven't already signed up for the Civil War, please do so if you're lookin to fight mons, lookin for more then a few points, or have a thing to prove, you wont regret it!

will prolly suggest a Groudon-Prime set l8r, but maybe a diff one from para from how the teams been movin.

Last edited:

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
I, Cryssy, hereby declare my loyalty towards Litten in order to prove that it is the cutest.

One man army. Yal starters have nothing on litten.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Oh, it is on now. On like donkey kong up in this thread.

Quick hits before I get this rolling:
~Metalsonic will be a universal substitute, though due to her pledge of allegiance, she will be primarily for rowlet. She brought up the point of subs via PM and I had no definitive answer for it. Someone recruited her to that team and she agreed to be a sub for them so I will honor that agreement.
~There is and was no draft. Here's what we on PS came up with for balance issues:
~~Ptz (who I'm hoping won't mind this) is moved to Team Popplio.
~~MeanMrSnorlax agreed to change his allegiance and is also on Team Popplio.
~Team Rowlet wins the recruitment match up, 5-10. Good job, I still feel popplio is cuter.

The quick hits are brought to you by the VO Ubers CCAT. Don't forget to suggest sets!

img

250px-Rowlet.png

TEAM ROWLET
Captain: Dragonicwari
Garneil.
Regi_Rocks
Utopian
Meliekpi
blues
Aura Sensei
Metalsonic

VERSUS

250px-Popplio.png

TEAM POPPLIO
Captain: Conquer Phoenix
Dew
Erron black
DiaRubyTandem
Fate
Ptz
MeanMrSnorlax

Rules
1) Standard sere
bii war guidlines: ORAS OU, best of 3, etc.
2) Ignore most of the fun stuff I had planned in the first post. It probably won't happen because I didn't plan it out properly. Again, most ;)
3) Due to other SPPF rules, please no trash talk on the forums. It's allowed, just not here on the thread.
4) Team
building restrictions. Oh heck yes, I'm going there. Teams must have at least 1 final evolution of a starter family. Team Rowlet must have a grass type starter, while Team Popplio must have a water type starter...on each team. Don't be afraid to get creative! Yes, greninja is still banned...unless you're a Captain: Greninja is unlocked for Nick while Shaymin-Sky is unlocked for Wari's use.

Matchups (Team Rowlet vs Team Popplio)
Dragonicwari vs Conquer Phoenix
Meliekpi vs Dew
blues vs Erron black
Utopian vs Fate
Metalsonic vs MeanMrSnorlax
Aura Sensei vs Ptz
Garneil. (2) vs DiaRubyTandem(0)

Guild Challenges
~Have your starter pokemon defeat at least 3 pokemon. Hazards count.
~Finish the match without letting your starter faint.
~Don't use your starter...at all.

Guild Master's Challenges (bonus points!!! Yes, Meta, I threw these in just for you!)
~Your starter defeats 3 pokemon in a row (Hazard kills count)
~Finish the match with your starter on the field

Deadline is in 2 weeks. Specifically, matches must be done by June 20, at 11:59 EST/GMT -5.

May the cutest starter win!!! Good luck and have fun to all!
Go Team Popplio, we can do it!

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
383.png

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 48 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide

Let's just keep the offensive train rollin! Re-suggesting this set again. The EV spread ive tweaked just a bit in speed to outspeed other standard Groudon and hit em before we get a Precipice to the face ourself. The goal of the set is still the same, take a hit, T-Wave to speed control non Aroma Xern and Rock Slide is crucial to dispatch Ho-Oh and potential paraflinch. Swords Dance is there to really pressure popular defensive threats such as Lugia and Arc-W after rocks. Arc-W especially for Salamence. Most Lugia will be faster then this set though and can potentially ToxStall so timing is crucial. There's so much to run on Groudon Prime that could help us in different ways. I was really back and forth between this and the standard def set.

Last edited:

AnakBaé

250px-Rowlet.png

TEAM ROWLET
Captain: Dragonicwari
Garneil.
Regi_Rocks
Utopian
Meliekpi
blues
Aura Sensei

VERSUS

250px-Popplio.png

TEAM POPPLIO
Captain: Conquer Phoenix
Dew
Erron black
DiaRubyTandem
Fate
Ptz
MeanMrSnorlax

Rules
1) Standard sere
bii war guidlines: ORAS OU, best of 3, etc.
2) Ignore most of the fun stuff I had planned in the first post. It probably won't happen because I didn't plan it out properly. Again, most ;)
3) Due to other SPPF rules, please no trash talk on the forums. It's allowed, just not here on the thread.
4) Team
building restrictions. Oh heck yes, I'm going there. Teams must have at least 1 final evolution of a starter family. Team Rowlet must have a grass type starter, while Team Popplio must have a water type starter...on each team. Don't be afraid to get creative! Yes, greninja is still banned...unless you're a Captain: Greninja is unlocked for Nick while Shaymin-Sky is unlocked for Wari's use.

Matchups (Team Rowlet vs Team Popplio)
Dragonicwari vs Conquer Phoenix
Meliekpi vs Dew
blues vs Erron black
Utopian vs Fate
Regi_Rocks vs MeanMrSnorlax
Aura Sensei vs Ptz
Garneil. vs DiaRubyTandem

Guild Challenges
~Have your starter pokemon defeat at least 3 pokemon. Hazards count.
~Finish the match without letting your starter faint.
~Don't use your starter...at all.

Guild Master's Challenges (bonus points!!! Yes, Meta, I threw these in just for you!)
~Your starter defeats 3 pokemon in a row (Hazard kills count)
~Finish the match with your starter on the field

Deadline is in 2 weeks. Specifically, matches must be done by June 20, at 11:59 EST/GMT -5.

May the cutest starter win!!! Good luck and have fun to all!
Go Team Popplio, we can do it!

My eyes RIP

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
THERES LIKE A MILLION BATTLES TO BE DONE.
From you civil warrers to you two PU tourneybros! So get em done, get em done!

Also wowo looks like the obligatory Groudon made the team, I assume every1 was waitin for it ^^;

I'll write it up when I return home.

Hey is umbreon really geting a mega evolution?

Huh whered u hear this lemme know, seems an odd choice if so! Could lend itself to some believably due to the Moon aspect but then that means Espeon should be gettin one as well! That is, if it's true.

Zerogoki

PO/PS Name?: Zerogoki
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: None
Why do you want to join?: i wanna be the very best... well in the short time i spent on venenonats room i kinda liked it a lot and my referrer told me a lot of good stuffs about this clan.I've never been on a clan of pokemon but i like the idea.
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: none
Battling Experience?: like 1 year or 2 playing PS, i think im pretty good,i was once on OU top 500.I dont like using too "overused" pokemons tho...
Referrer?:i forgot his nick
PD: English isn't my first language so please be nice with me and my grammar

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
PO/PS Name?: Zerogoki
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: None
Why do you want to join?: i wanna be the very best... well in the short time i spent on venenonats room i kinda liked it a lot and my referrer told me a lot of good stuffs about this clan.I've never been on a clan of pokemon but i like the idea.
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: none
Battling Experience?: like 1 year or 2 playing PS, i think im pretty good,i was once on OU top 500.I dont like using too "overused" pokemons tho...
Referrer?:i forgot his nick
PD: English isn't my first language so please be nice with me and my grammar

Welcome! You can get a test battle with most peeps here. The war team, any civil war guys atm, and I are people who can. Gettin one test battle moves you up a rank usually and gets you outta default.
Enjoy it here!

Welcome Zerogoki ^^^
STOP
HOW ARE YOU HUNTING MAGMAR?

~~~

ITS PRIME TIME

Ubers CCAT

1DjRrfH.png

salamence-mega.gif

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate ---> Aerilate
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Frustration
- Refresh

Intimidate allows us to come in and scare off physical attackers that Espeed. Bulk allows us to get in 1-16 DD's and we can refresh to heal burns from groudons, ghosts, etc. and we can roost to heal HP to be healthy and tank Epeed users we scared off earlier. Fairies? LOL Aerilate Frustration for a based STABED 102 Flying type move will be based 153 no recoil drawback will help send the tooth fairies back to nonexistence.

THIS IS A MONSTER. Can also be paired off with a lot of other stuff such as soul dew latios (a slightly lesser monster in its own right and/OR primal Groudon with paralisis to help set up and remove steels.)

Resuggesting Xerneas until it gets in! :D
20160108204925.gif

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy / Psyshock

So basic Xerneas is basic. Except Shiny. Geomancy + Power Herb is what makes Xerneas so good. With full SpAtk and split Spd and HP, with the teeny tiny SpDef EVs you'll have enough bulk to get that Geomancy in and then you can prepare to sweep the floor with this beautiful beast. Moonblast is standard STAB move for Xerneas, you can't pick any other Fairy move for it. Focus Blast gets rid of them nasty Steel types like Dialga and M-Luca, while dealing with other threats like M-Kanga. Psyshock is for M-Gengar who likes to try and keep you in to Perish Song or kill you swiftly. Or you can go with Aromatherapy to get rid of any status that may be inflicted upon you by the likes of Klefki or M-Eye.

arceus.gif

Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake / Magic Coat
- Swords Dance

Already explained why I want this on the team. Meta had a nice little tweak to the set that I quite liked, so I also included Magic Coat. It allows Arceus to act as an anti lead for stuff like Darkrai, Smeargle, and hazard setters in general. Can also bounce back status from Lugia, Groudon, Giratina, etc. Silk Scarf is slashed with Life Orb to provide longevity at the cost of some power.
She also had Shadow Claw over Stone Edge, which is perfectly viable especially if you decide to forgo Earthquake. However, I think luring Yveltal is still pretty nice though less of a need with Xerneas.

groudon-primal.gif

Groudon @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide

Let's just keep the offensive train rollin! Re-suggesting this set again. The EV spread ive tweaked just a bit in speed to outspeed other standard Groudon and hit em before we get a Precipice to the face ourself. The goal of the set is still the same, take a hit, T-Wave to speed control non Aroma Xern and Rock Slide is crucial to dispatch Ho-Oh and potential paraflinch. Swords Dance is there to really pressure popular defensive threats such as Lugia and Arc-W after rocks. Arc-W especially for Salamence. Most Lugia will be faster then this set though and can potentially ToxStall so timing is crucial. There's so much to run on Groudon Prime that could help us in different ways. I was really back and forth between this and the standard def set.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Frustration
- Refresh

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock / Aromatherapy

Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Magic Coat / Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Groudon @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide

Groudon is undeniably in its Prime here in Gen 6. Second in the entire ranking process to only Rayquaza-Mega, it's not hard to see why its S+ in Ubers. The loss of Drought doesn't mean that there's a drought of this mon! Desolate Land is givin it an immunity to any and all water attacks, its typing makes it pretty much immune to two forms of status, and its overall stat distro means it'll always be pullin its weight. T-Wave is generally very good to cripple things with and pairs well with Rock Slide and SD to form a very scary offensive combo. It also acts as a check to +2 Xerneas with T-Wave and Precipice to either take it out or put it in range of E-Speed. Unfortunately, Groudon is without recovery so if you're gonna play recklessly with it, be sure not to do so in vain! Groudons very presence and livelihood deters so much. Especially here in Ubers.

Ubers Viability Rankings

Time for the fifth guy!
i rly hope ya'll were just w8n for the Groudon ;-;
Teammate suggestions end on
June 11'th 12:00 PM CMT
As always, be sure to explain well; the reasoning for your mon being on the team. This is important so we understand more what your mon's bringin to the team! Gotta noticeable lack of rocks.

And there's a few of you civil war dudes who havent even contacted each other! Don't be shy now, go right on ahead and get to settin up a date. While waitin in the chat may seem like a good enough idea, it's good to be sure of the times.​

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Hey everyone! Sorry but Immma have to leave this guild. I think your all great but it just doesn't feel right! Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.