• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Voting Dialga. He's got nice bulky coverage, and Rocks can be very nice with Ho-Oh in Ubers.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
PO/PS Name?: Panther Pressure
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: N/A
Why do you want to join?: BLUEZ7 Invited me, and seems like a good pastime
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: Zero
Battling Experience?: 2 Years Competitive
Referrer?: N/A
Battle Form: Dunno what this is asking. I gonna assume style, and it is balance for the most part.

Code: No Idea
Rank?: No Idea
Oppnents Serebii name?: No Idea
Win or Lose?: I like Winning
Score?: 1571
Your current won battle total? 34 outta 44
How did u feel about it?: Pretty aight. Swag Gang Gang

Accepted! If you'd like a test battle, do ask one of our war team members or I or council. Be sure to post in clan as well.
PEEP THIS

Everyone who participated in the civil war shall receive 2 extra points. Thanks for bein so civil! A little too civil, there was hardly any trubbish talk, but I guess that shows how cool and respectful you are with each other. -w-

For one of the next events, as the PU tourney was wrapped up a couple days ago, it's time for a new tourney! If you have any ideas for a tier, please do let me know so we can throw it in a vote.

And then there's the challenge I promised. It's easy pointos! Or it should be.

Also, more hot clan on clan action is comin up and as such, a war team has been drafted! Along with a few subs. It's time to reveal them so...without further ado..here's the war team for this war!
They are our fearsome five, followed by the uuhhh threatening three!

VOBanner11_zpsf112f6b6.png

War Team

meliekpi
ptz
Erron Black
BLUEZ
MMS

Subs

Urban Dew
Dragonicwari
Conquer Phoenix

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
How about we twist things up on the next tourney? Like, Custom Game with bonuses like one illegal move per Pokemon or one illegal ability on the team? I think that could be interesting.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
CHECK WHAT SHOWED UP IN THE MAIL

386a0ab745ca7536fede4f930cc933b7_zpsbndas43l.jpg

Transparent%20background_20160617021255318_zpsqqbuwf4f.png

Formally and thoughtfully, LU has challenged us to a clan war! What a coincidence, we just got ourselves a war team strapped in. It's not just a letter to me though, it's a letter to everyone!
So what do yall say? You guys up for some action?? Lemme see some input!

~~~

andand

RANK UP

garyandeevee.png

BLUES.

Has been given the rank up treatment via Civil War performance and point gain!

VO%20Userbar%20Rank%203_zpsb8tyywij.gif

^^^

VO%20Userbar%20Rank%202_zpsvxqddlqr.gif

Congratulations on the rank up, but THATS NOT ALL

~~~

RANK UP

625.png

Garlniel

Has right on the dot caught the necessary amount to rank up via Civil War performance and point gain as well!

VO%20Userbar%20Rank%202_zpsvxqddlqr.gif

^^^

VO%20Userbar%20Rank%201_zpsp7rmmye4.gif

Congrats to you to, Garlniel!
Thanks to everyone for participating once again in the Civil War. If you participated, you got points!

Let's keep this fire competitive fire goin, yeah? Gotta stay sharp for a new gen approachin cause you never know what GF has planned.​

Last edited:

BLUES.

Something else
CHECK WHAT SHOWED UP IN THE MAIL

386a0ab745ca7536fede4f930cc933b7_zpsbndas43l.jpg

Transparent%20background_20160617021255318_zpsqqbuwf4f.png

Formally and thoughtfully, LU has challenged us to a clan war! What a coincidence, we just got ourselves a war team strapped in. It's not just a letter to me though, it's a letter to everyone!
So what do yall say? You guys up for some action?? Lemme see some input!

When the new guys in town declare war in writing with one of the big dogs...
too-much-excitement.gif
The true declaration of was came in the font of choice...

BUT

the last time someone used an unpopular font in their declaration of war they got clean swept boddied, right Dew?
stephen-colbert-report-excited.gif

;p​
The banner is sick af tho

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

ITS LITERALLY TIME

Ubers CCAT

1DjRrfH.png

salamence-mega.gif

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate ---> Aerilate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Frustration
- Refresh

Intimidate allows us to come in and scare off physical attackers that Espeed. Bulk allows us to get in 1-16 DD's and we can refresh to heal burns from groudons, ghosts, etc. and we can roost to heal HP to be healthy and tank Epeed users we scared off earlier. Fairies? LOL Aerilate Frustration for a based STABED 102 Flying type move will be based 153 no recoil drawback will help send the tooth fairies back to nonexistence.

THIS IS A MONSTER. Can also be paired off with a lot of other stuff such as soul dew latios (a slightly lesser monster in its own right and/OR primal Groudon with paralisis to help set up and remove steels.)

Resuggesting Xerneas until it gets in! :D
20160108204925.gif

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 56 HP / 156 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy / Psyshock

So basic Xerneas is basic. Except Shiny. Geomancy + Power Herb is what makes Xerneas so good. With full SpAtk and split Spd and HP, with the teeny tiny SpDef EVs you'll have enough bulk to get that Geomancy in and then you can prepare to sweep the floor with this beautiful beast. Moonblast is standard STAB move for Xerneas, you can't pick any other Fairy move for it. Focus Blast gets rid of them nasty Steel types like Dialga and M-Luca, while dealing with other threats like M-Kanga. Psyshock is for M-Gengar who likes to try and keep you in to Perish Song or kill you swiftly. Or you can go with Aromatherapy to get rid of any status that may be inflicted upon you by the likes of Klefki or M-Eye.

arceus.gif

Arceus @ Life Orb / Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw / Stone Edge
- Earthquake / Magic Coat
- Swords Dance

Already explained why I want this on the team. Meta had a nice little tweak to the set that I quite liked, so I also included Magic Coat. It allows Arceus to act as an anti lead for stuff like Darkrai, Smeargle, and hazard setters in general. Can also bounce back status from Lugia, Groudon, Giratina, etc. Silk Scarf is slashed with Life Orb to provide longevity at the cost of some power.
She also had Shadow Claw over Stone Edge, which is perfectly viable especially if you decide to forgo Earthquake. However, I think luring Yveltal is still pretty nice though less of a need with Xerneas.

groudon-primal.gif

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 48 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide

Let's just keep the offensive train rollin! Re-suggesting this set again. The EV spread ive tweaked just a bit in speed to outspeed other standard Groudon and hit em before we get a Precipice to the face ourself. The goal of the set is still the same, take a hit, T-Wave to speed control non Aroma Xern and Rock Slide is crucial to dispatch Ho-Oh and potential paraflinch. Swords Dance is there to really pressure popular defensive threats such as Lugia and Arc-W after rocks. Arc-W especially for Salamence. Most Lugia will be faster then this set though and can potentially ToxStall so timing is crucial. There's so much to run on Groudon Prime that could help us in different ways. I was really back and forth between this and the standard def set.

483.gif

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 196 HP / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast / Thunder
- Flash Cannon / Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Okie so we need 3 things on this team still; Rocks, a steel type (ok not rly mandatory but yknow), and somethin to threaten rock types like Arc-Rock and T-Tar. It's also a very good rocker in unlike Groudon, it doesnt just invite in Giratina/Latias to defog things away cause its quite an offensive rocker. Draco Meteor is the meat of this sets power, OHKO'ing Giratina and weakening Groudon severely for Xerneas. Fire Blast actually roasts Klefki and Arc-Steel, Bronzong, Jirachi and is especially good for Klefki cause it can leave our sweepers with a nasty Para, but Thunder can be used to hit Ho-Oh, Arc-Water, and Tentacruel really hard and Kyogre as well without having to Draco and leave us open afterwards. Both also hit Skarmory which so far give our team a bit of trouble as our only means of dealing with it are brute forcing past it or playing around with it via potential Magic Coat Arc. I don't have to emphasize the importance of Stealth Rock. It's good for whittling things down and arguably even more important is its ability to help limit Ho-Ohs switch ins and breaking Lugias Multiscale.

Flash Cannons is our main way to damage rock types and is decent STAB for a few other things. It's imperative we're able to weaken rock and steel types for our sweepers as thats a lot of pressure on Groudon to take hits and deal with them as well as them resisting Salas only STAB so Dialga is here to lighten the load, though Arceus can help em out with EQ as well. The speed should outspeed most standard Groudon. Oh and Shuca is great to take a hit from Groudon-Prime and retaliate with Draco. It also makes it a check towards Salamence at least once.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Frustration
- Refresh

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock / Aromatherapy

Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Magic Coat / Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Groudon @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast / Thunder
- Flash Cannon / Toxic
- Stealth Rock

No really, this guy's all about the time. With a mastery over it, Dialga has decided it's time to be on the team. This Dialga is kinda flexible, but it's main goal is to lay up them necessary rocks. Really now, rocks are just helpful in general. Putting things in range for our sweepers and pressuring the extremely rock-weak such as Ho-Oh, Lugia, and opposing Salamence. If you're looking for some more bulk and a bit of utility then a spread of 244 HP / 252 SpD / 12 Spe with a Calm nature could also be used to take hits a bit better, with Toxic to help wear down bulkier Pokemon such as Lugia and Arc-Water so Salamence can assuredly have an easier time dealing with them. It's so much more then rock setting though, it's coverage allows it to hit a lot of mons that may give our other mons trouble. I mean, setting up is cool and all, but gotta pave the way first, right? Dialga's power and coverage ensures it can do just that with its ability to rip time and the opposing team a new one! You may be tempted to just lay up them rocks and be done with Dialga, but do ensure you have a plan to keep those rocks up. Dialga may be pretty powerful, but is without recovery, and can be vulnerable to free set up after a drop. Even with its 150 Sp.atk there are those who would take advantage of Dialgas presence, so get in and out with it! Save it for some other time.

Ubers Viability Rankings

Last guy go!
Teammate suggestions end on
June 20'th 12:00 PM CMT
We've got a lot of what we need already, but to be honest, the team is initially very slow. If things go awry in the early game, we may need somethin a bit faster to take care of it. Maybe somethin speedy and offensive as our last guy? Who knows, maybe you do! Go ahead and make that suggestion for our last guy then if u want ^^.

Also, do prepare for war! Cause it looks like we're goin into it again.​

Last edited:

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
Here you go the poke ptz been waiting for

latest

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

with its high special attack and great speed mewtwo can kill threats like ferro aegi mega mence and different acreus and Mick's love bird. Mewtwo can be our revenge attacker or our steel type remover depend on which we need more.

Thank you crys

Last edited:

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.

[/img]http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/p__/images/2/2f/150Mewtwo_AG_anime.png/revision/latest?cb=20141111162018&path-prefix=protagonist

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

with its high special attack and great speed mewtwo can kill threats like ferro aegi mega mence and different acreus and tank lugia's

I will finish this later[/QUOTE]

You've got the tags reversed darling.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
OOOOOOOOOOOIIIIII

The war has begun!

Contact your opponents, war members! Subs, stay on your toes.

And Erron has been the only one to suggest a tourney tier. If you wanna see a cool tier to fight in, just suggest it! UU, hackmons, it doesnt matter. It'll be a vote!​

also haha
this guy was really
wingin it
with this set

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-388474966

Last edited:

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
OOOOOOOOOOOIIIIII

The war has begun!

Contact your opponents, war members! Subs, stay on your toes.

And Erron has been the only one to suggest a tourney tier. If you wanna see a cool tier to fight in, just suggest it! UU, hackmons, it doesnt matter. It'll be a vote!​

also haha
this guy was really
wingin it
with this set

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-388474966

Do you have enough priority on this team? If not, I'm sure there's more you could add to it :p

BLUES.

Something else

latest

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

with its high special attack and great speed mewtwo can kill threats like ferro aegi mega mence and different acreus and Mick's love bird. Mewtwo can be our revenge attacker or our steel type remover depend on which we need more.

Thank you crys

Im nominating mega mewtwo Y

Mewtwo @ MewtwoniteY
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Rank?: Escavalier
Oppnents Serebii name?: BLUES.
Win or Lose?: Win
Score?: 3-0
Your current won battle total? 163
How did u feel about it?: GG, red is ugly

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

OG UBER

Ubers CCAT

1DjRrfH.png

salamence-mega.gif

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate ---> Aerilate
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Frustration
- Refresh

Intimidate allows us to come in and scare off physical attackers that Espeed. Bulk allows us to get in 1-16 DD's and we can refresh to heal burns from groudons, ghosts, etc. and we can roost to heal HP to be healthy and tank Epeed users we scared off earlier. Fairies? LOL Aerilate Frustration for a based STABED 102 Flying type move will be based 153 no recoil drawback will help send the tooth fairies back to nonexistence.

THIS IS A MONSTER. Can also be paired off with a lot of other stuff such as soul dew latios (a slightly lesser monster in its own right and/OR primal Groudon with paralisis to help set up and remove steels.)

Resuggesting Xerneas until it gets in! :D
20160108204925.gif

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy / Psyshock

So basic Xerneas is basic. Except Shiny. Geomancy + Power Herb is what makes Xerneas so good. With full SpAtk and split Spd and HP, with the teeny tiny SpDef EVs you'll have enough bulk to get that Geomancy in and then you can prepare to sweep the floor with this beautiful beast. Moonblast is standard STAB move for Xerneas, you can't pick any other Fairy move for it. Focus Blast gets rid of them nasty Steel types like Dialga and M-Luca, while dealing with other threats like M-Kanga. Psyshock is for M-Gengar who likes to try and keep you in to Perish Song or kill you swiftly. Or you can go with Aromatherapy to get rid of any status that may be inflicted upon you by the likes of Klefki or M-Eye.

arceus.gif

Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake / Magic Coat
- Swords Dance

Already explained why I want this on the team. Meta had a nice little tweak to the set that I quite liked, so I also included Magic Coat. It allows Arceus to act as an anti lead for stuff like Darkrai, Smeargle, and hazard setters in general. Can also bounce back status from Lugia, Groudon, Giratina, etc. Silk Scarf is slashed with Life Orb to provide longevity at the cost of some power.
She also had Shadow Claw over Stone Edge, which is perfectly viable especially if you decide to forgo Earthquake. However, I think luring Yveltal is still pretty nice though less of a need with Xerneas.

groudon-primal.gif

Groudon @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide

Let's just keep the offensive train rollin! Re-suggesting this set again. The EV spread ive tweaked just a bit in speed to outspeed other standard Groudon and hit em before we get a Precipice to the face ourself. The goal of the set is still the same, take a hit, T-Wave to speed control non Aroma Xern and Rock Slide is crucial to dispatch Ho-Oh and potential paraflinch. Swords Dance is there to really pressure popular defensive threats such as Lugia and Arc-W after rocks. Arc-W especially for Salamence. Most Lugia will be faster then this set though and can potentially ToxStall so timing is crucial. There's so much to run on Groudon Prime that could help us in different ways. I was really back and forth between this and the standard def set.

483.gif

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast / Thunder
- Flash Cannon / Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Okie so we need 3 things on this team still; Rocks, a steel type (ok not rly mandatory but yknow), and somethin to threaten rock types like Arc-Rock and T-Tar. It's also a very good rocker in unlike Groudon, it doesnt just invite in Giratina/Latias to defog things away cause its quite an offensive rocker. Draco Meteor is the meat of this sets power, OHKO'ing Giratina and weakening Groudon severely for Xerneas. Fire Blast actually roasts Klefki and Arc-Steel, Bronzong, Jirachi and is especially good for Klefki cause it can leave our sweepers with a nasty Para, but Thunder can be used to hit Ho-Oh, Arc-Water, and Tentacruel really hard and Kyogre as well without having to Draco and leave us open afterwards. Both also hit Skarmory which so far give our team a bit of trouble as our only means of dealing with it are brute forcing past it or playing around with it via potential Magic Coat Arc. I don't have to emphasize the importance of Stealth Rock. It's good for whittling things down and arguably even more important is its ability to help limit Ho-Ohs switch ins and breaking Lugias Multiscale.

Flash Cannons is our main way to damage rock types and is decent STAB for a few other things. It's imperative we're able to weaken rock and steel types for our sweepers as thats a lot of pressure on Groudon to take hits and deal with them as well as them resisting Salas only STAB so Dialga is here to lighten the load, though Arceus can help em out with EQ as well. The speed should outspeed most standard Groudon. Oh and Shuca is great to take a hit from Groudon-Prime and retaliate with Draco. It also makes it a check towards Salamence at least once.

150.gif

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Frustration
- Refresh

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock / Aromatherapy

Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Magic Coat / Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Groudon @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast / Thunder
- Flash Cannon / Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

And here we have THE OU mon; Mewtwo. OU as in Original Uber.
Mewtwo's offensive pressure is a definite help to our somewhat slow team without boosts or status. Coming straight out of the gate with a coolio 130 Spe and a 154 Sp.Atk, its ability to outpace and hit most of the tier for some hot damage makes it very potent as a revenge killer and is very becoming of its status as a fear-striking Pokemon. Mewtwo also really appreciates the bulky partners this team has given it. Xerneas can stomach and take advantage of the Dark types that Mewtwo may draw out and in return Mewtwo can severely damage Xerns checks and counters with its coverage. Arceus is also very appreciative of Mewtwos presence in its ability to weaken Mewtwos checks and vice versa actually. Mewtwo's a bit on the frail side unfortunately, so getting it in could prove to be an endeavor, so do play carefully with it. It's very vulnerable to the priority in the form of E-Speed, Shadow Sneak, and Sucker Punch, basically physical moves, all common in Ubers so we do need to watch out for that. Other then that, Mewtwo's surprisingly low in the viability rankings! Don't let that deter you though, as being unprepared for this kind of mon may result in your mansion being burned down as history has proven. ^^;

~~~

Oh lookie at that, that's it! The team is finished. Another fantastic team built by our fantastic builders. Brick by brick, mon by mon, each and every mon is a step further unto our unlimited potential. Teambuilding is a core part of the Pokemon players guide! Anyone can play with a team, but it takes true understandin of the meta to build a solid team. Hopefully, everyone here's improvin from this! I would like to thank everyone for taking part in this as once again, it would not be possible without any of you! From BLUES. first suggestion to Conquers last, each and every one of you is pivotal, so thank you!

~~~

Challenge

That's right, the team has to have a sick lil challenge!

Bring back 3 good battle replays from Smogon Ubers above 1150 with the team!

You know what good entails, somethin that's just not you wipin the floor with a kid and his team of Meganium, Raticate, etc and 1 Uber. >>

Doin that'll net you 3 BP!

This isn't the challenge I have planned, dont worry, its just the team chall we usually have.

~~~

Again, thanks everyone! The war is currently 2-0 in our favor thanks to the efforts of MMS. and BLUES., but that doesn't mean its just them. The war team is a team! We'll need one more to close it out so if you wanna be that win, do contact your opp. Every war win is 2 pts btw. That's a new thing.

I wonder what tier we should do next? So far ive gotten one request, but if you'd like to make one to, shoot me a VM.

Thank you all for takin part!​

Status
Not open for further replies.