• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
votin OU

hydreigon.gif

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon

Hydreigon has been flyin around a lot more recently. With SPL's top dudes using this mon a bit more from what I see, and the current meta shift to a more balanced one, people are startin to get a lil more privy to the beast that is Hydreigon. Plus I thought this mon would be fun to build around. ^^ Though this mon runs a Modest nature, there's nothing Modest about its power. Timid isn't used very often anymore due to its odd speed tier not really netting it too many worthy outspeeds at max. The power it gets with Modest ensure it gets its point across against things such as sp.def Talon. Though if you aint feelin Modest, Timid may really be your cup of tea! Draco Meteor is Hydreigons calling card and can leave an opponent reeling from max sp.atk. Fire Blast roasts the likes of Klefki, Ferro, Sciz, and is very nice in general. Dark Pulse is pretty darn mandatory in its ability to batter popular annoyances like Slowbro, Heatran, Venusaur, and can be our main way of dealing damage that wont leave us open like Draco does after. Lastly, there's Flash Cannon. Nailing standard Clefable for the 2HKO and allowing you to hit Azumarill neutrally. Hydrei's job isn't to sweep, it's to break the opposing team down with its power and facilitate a sweep for potential team members! It appreciates partners that appreciate its wallbreakin! Lopunny, Metagross, Medicham, all these are good examples as they love to make a mess of Hydreis switch ins like Chansey. Don't play it too recklessly though! While it isn't particularly frail, it isn't too bulky either. It's not very speedy as well and is susceptible to its slew of type weaknesses so offensive teams may trouble it, but rest assured, if it gets in safely, it'll force your opp to react.​

Last edited:

BLUES.

Something else
ALRIGHT FAM.

I'm feeling pretty good about this next mon...
3p64ft.jpg

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Transform
THAT'S
RIGHT.

You might think, but BLUES., that's a really intimidating pokemon..our opponents are going to soil themselves...and you're right. It might be pink but it's pink because

it bathes
in the
BLOOD
of its
ENEMIES.

When your opponent has his sweeper set up and tells you to switch in your last pathetic pokemon so he can end this, you hit em with the
"My team doesn't have pathetic pokemon, scrub. But what it does have, is the unstoppable ditto."

While Prof. Oak yells at your opponent that now isn't that time to use that, you throw in Blissey's adorable first once removed cousin and send your opponent back to Pallet Town like the scrub they are.

Having trouble imagining it? CLICK HERE for a small video demonstration as to what happens next.

But what if your opponent can check your block your sweep?

Then,
IT'S
THEIR
FUNERAL
r.i.p
ribbon_black.jpg

Beacuase...

tumblr_ncx8naChC11rpr5lvo1_500.gif

We'll just absorb another mon's forme and CRUSH them.

FEAR
THE
GOD.

Ok, seriously though:
Ditto is a pretty versatile wildcard that differs from gimmick sets because you're guaranteed to get the team slot's worth out of him in one form or another *ba ton pass*

We can send this in on setup sweepers and REK their SH*T
Get it can come in on a nice Lopunny and make it eat dirt.
We can bring it in on Mega's and aboose them better LOL
If they've got something set up, we can hijack their sweep.
If they have your favorite pokemon and you want to use it for a bit, send in Ditto.

You're not sure what coverage moves your opponent has on a threat to your team, send in Ditto to scout.
They took out your hazards? Hijack their hazards.
They have a support mon and you need a support mon? Hijack their support.

WHATEVER YOU WANT. YOU'VE GOT IT.

PROOF:

9Y6rPc.jpg

WARNING:
Subs will prevent us from transforming into our opponent,
CM mons are troublesome (according to the losers at Smogon...aka TDK<3)

Also, the IV's we give ditto are important in the event that we clone an opponent's pokemon that runs Hidden Power. Smogon recomends "0 Speed IVs lower Speed even more and give the IVs for Hidden Power Ice so Ditto can hit dragons and similar foes super effectively, in the case Ditto transforms into a foe that has Hidden Power. Although the latter assumes a non-scarf set so I nominate ditto with HP Ice IV's

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
FIRST MEMBER NOMINATIN ROUND

1DjRrfH.png

Nominating Mega Heracross:
214-mega.gif

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie > Skill Link
Adamant
240 HP / 136 Att /132 Spe
-Pin Missile
-Close Combat
-Rock Blast
-Swords Dance/Substitute

Alright, Mega Heracross is by far one of the best Wallbreakers and sub breakers because of his sheer power, great bulk, and decent speed combined with his very useful Skill Link ability. He can tank most hits barring just about any Flying move. Substitute is key for expecting switch-ins from Pokemon like Talonflame, Tornadus-T, or M-Pidgeot who can easily wipe M-Heracross, which is where Rock Blast comes in handy as your way of getting rid of those threats somewhat safely. Moxie is for boosting your Attack by finishing off a slower target while not in Mega, and slashed Swords dance just for a more offensive role. Pin Missile and Close Combat are standard STAB moves for M-Hera as well, and Pin Missile can easily tear through subbers like Breloom and Serperior. Of course, we'll need quite a bit of back up to make him work, but with the right team and set up, he can absolutely destroy.

pinsir-mega.gif

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat/ Earthquake
- Feint / Quick Attack

This thing here is a monster. Being one of the two pokemon with the strong ability Aerilate. This thing can dominate when its checks have been dealt with. With 155 base attack powers through a lot and sword dance only boost that power to higher levels. Return is boosted through the roof and quick attack becomes pretty good and scary after a sword dance. Earthquake can be used to deal with pesky duel types and no negative stat drop off. Stealth rocks will rape it before it even mega evolves and will hurt more after it has. Counter measures would greatly help it out. He used be used to clean up so a team that can support the early and set up for his his sweep would be best.

Ok so here is my pokemon I want to start our ou ccat off with

clefable-gif.12979

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Focus Blast

Clefable has become a staple pokemon in this x and y ou meta with its new typing and great ability with magic guard making people adapt there teams to check able. Tankable is not your normal type set for clefable but dont not be mistaken it packs a punch and catches people off guard. Moonblast and Fireblast take out alot of pokemon in ou with scizor, latios, latias, and ferrothron running around in most teams. Focus blast takes care of heatran in one or two hits depending on the set and squash non knowing bisharps from any chances to revenge kill or set up after we switch. Soft boiled is the prime move for clefable to live a long and health life in battle so it can keep up the pressure it gives you in most fights. Magic guard can take anything our team doesn't like and kill pokemon that our team cant take. Clefable is s+ tier right now and should be use not only as a slower revenge killer but also as a predicted to help hone your skills to catch unware pokemon so our other members can shine and take over the game. We shouldnt start off with a mega that brings to much pressure on one poke but instead build a team where 3 or 4 members of our team can shine and help win the game. A mega should be used to boost a team and its members.

CCAT Suggestion:

manaphy.gif

Manaphy w/ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest

OK so why Calm Mind over Tail Glow?

The +1 SpDef coupled with physdef investment allows Manaphy to beat these Pokemon after 1 Calm Mind:

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 185-218 (45.7 - 53.9%) -- 2.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Manaphy: 125-148 (30.9 - 36.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Rain Dance prevents a second before you can recover, forces the switch
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 153-181 (37.8 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Wave vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 134-160 (33.1 - 39.6%) -- 15.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Manaphy: 151-178 (37.3 - 44%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Raikou Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 182-216 (45 - 53.4%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Meh
0 SpA Rotom-W Volt Switch vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 104-126 (25.7 - 31.1%) -- 4.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 143-169 (35.3 - 41.8%) -- 79.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
180 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 133-156 (32.9 - 38.6%) -- 2.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
68 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 168-198 (41.5 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

You get the point. Manaphy has the opportunity to switch in and set up on a lot of mons such as Hippowdon, Lando-T (physdef), Tyranitar, Scizor, Heatran, etc. Once it gets up a Calm Mind it can only be stalled or beaten by Serperior, Electric Types, Volcanion, Unaware Clef, Chansey hax, and it will die if you play it poorly. Fortunately, teams have more than one Pokemon. Scald in the Rain with a chance to burn becomes frustrating, especially because Calm Mind also grants a SpAtt boost. Rain Dance is also frustrating for sand teams, because they won't be able to keep their sand up for long. This set works well with sand against opposing rain teams. 16 Speed outspeeds Adamant Bisharp. Other mons should be able to beat water-resists (Dragon, Grass, Water, Water Absorb) A good option is Ferrothorn because it resists those three types and can live longer under rain with weakened Fire attacks, Tornadus-T can use rain and power through M-Venusaur, Amoonguss, Celebi, and Serperior. If you use sand, Hippo+Drill is good for Electric types such as Manectric.

This loses to Volcanion 1v1 :(

hydreigon.gif

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon

Hydreigon has been flyin around a lot more recently. With SPL's top dudes using this mon a bit more from what I see, and the current meta shift to a more balanced one, people are startin to get a lil more privy to the beast that is Hydreigon. Plus I thought this mon would be fun to build around. ^^ Though this mon runs a Modest nature, there's nothing Modest about its power. Timid isn't used very often anymore due to its odd speed tier not really netting it too many worthy outspeeds at max. The power it gets with Modest ensure it gets its point across against things such as sp.def Talon. Though if you aint feelin Modest, Timid may really be your cup of tea! Draco Meteor is Hydreigons calling card and can leave an opponent reeling from max sp.atk. Fire Blast roasts the likes of Klefki, Ferro, Sciz, and is very nice in general. Dark Pulse is pretty darn mandatory in its ability to batter popular annoyances like Slowbro, Heatran, Venusaur, and can be our main way of dealing damage that wont leave us open like Draco does after. Lastly, there's Flash Cannon. Nailing standard Clefable for the 2HKO and allowing you to hit Azumarill neutrally. Hydrei's job isn't to sweep, it's to break the opposing team down with its power and facilitate a sweep for potential team members! It appreciates partners that appreciate its wallbreakin! Lopunny, Metagross, Medicham, all these are good examples as they love to make a mess of Hydreis switch ins like Chansey. Don't play it too recklessly though! While it isn't particularly frail, it isn't too bulky either. It's not very speedy as well and is susceptible to its slew of type weaknesses so offensive teams may trouble it, but rest assured, if it gets in safely, it'll force your opp to react.

Aight dudes, here we are! The most pivotal mon of the team; the first one.
These are the noms that made it in in time. BLUES., sorry the noms were done already, but just quote that post for when you feel it can work again!

Ye, time to vote! Votins easy, just vote for the one you wanna see built around. Say the name of the mon and your vote shall count. The one we build around will have a banner made for it!

Votin round shall end on
July 8'th 12:00 PM CMT

finished the ladder chall
luna%20lana_zpscbrqoxaa.png
Cmon bros, this should be a snap! 13k, 16k, it doesnt matter! show me what you're made of!

Last edited:
Tournament Time!

Since no one nominated any Tournaments nor did anyone vote ill do a voting session:

OU - 4
Balanced Hackmons -0
Randbats - 2
RU - 1

please vote for one of the following or i will pick one out of a hat and run a tour based off of that.

Deadline is wednesday night at 10pm pacific

Poll updated. I really need to get a banner or something for these posts.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
FIRST MEMBER NOMINATIN ROUND

Aight dudes, here we are! The most pivotal mon of the team; the first one.
These are the noms that made it in in time. BLUES., sorry the noms were done already, but just quote that post for when you feel it can work again!

Ye, time to vote! Votins easy, just vote for the one you wanna see built around. Say the name of the mon and your vote shall count. The one we build around will have a banner made for it!

Votin round shall end on
July 8'th 12:00 PM CMT

finished the ladder chall
luna%20lana_zpscbrqoxaa.png
Cmon bros, this should be a snap! 13k, 16k, it doesnt matter! show me what you're made of!

Voting for Clefable

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
voting for manaphy.

a 6 man randbats tourny was just done, with me winning (solely by forfeits but whatever '-') and meta coming in as runner-up.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Sorry sohei somethin came up, but then I was in a car...shoulda known I could continue by car tho

Well meet each on the battlefield real soon! I hate forfeiting even if I'm forced to.

Anywho that's 4 points for u! I'll add when I get home

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.