• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Heya dudes

Quick reminder to vote in the CCAT votin round! It ends today, you know??

Also choose your Pokemon Go Team and Civil War side! Pls keep it civil.

And get those darn OU tourna battles in if you haven't already! Try your best.

Finish that ladder chall to! Don't think I forgot that. >>

Remember to floss to that's very important.

Garlneil

Going with yellow. Got to represent my team

Moltres counts as yellow. I'm just saying

Voting Manectric for the CCAT. I like Erron's idea of a rain team, and Manectric was abandoned by the meta two months ago. Nothing makes me happier than challenging groupthink.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Going with yellow. Got to represent my team

Moltres counts as yellow. I'm just saying

Bronzong and volcanion also count as brown. I don't know what they were thinking tbh.

The moltres thing really woulda screwed up my plans if I just went by pokedex color and required the legendary bird on a team.

Also...

I'm part of blue (in case you couldn't guess by my user title and avatar)
But like red

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Oh look
striped-bow-tie-clip-art_3354.png

A tie

Not just any tie though, a CCAT tie! There's been a tie between Mane-Mega and Amoongus and as these things go it looks like we gotta have an extend! Im extendin this round till
July 18'th 12:00 PM CMT

If you havent voted already please do so! Also, join a side in the Civil War and prepare for battle! Even if you don't do the Go thingy, you gotta have a color preference, huh? Every opportunity to improve yourself should be reveled in.​

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Pokemon-Sol-y-Luna-presentan-a-Wimpod-Comfey-Bounsweet-y-Mudsdale-05.png

who comfey here

priority for healing moves sounds coolio but only for healing moves? better make it e-speed prio to sort of make up and not be a worse Prankster. A Lei because hawaii not? Here's hopin its shiny bring in some blue flowers.

Pokemon-Sol-y-Luna-presentan-a-Wimpod-Comfey-Bounsweet-y-Mudsdale-02.png

I kinda didnt like this thing at first, but it grew onto me. Then again I have a hard time hating most mons. ^^
It plays on its theme well enough. An unassuming looking mon that could snap u in half without trying. Like a playful totodiles bite. Suppose it being a bear could allude to that though! My only complaint is that its ability name is Fluffy and NOT Fuzzy. The ear hairband really saved this guy, I think.

Pokemon-Sol-y-Luna-presentan-a-Wimpod-Comfey-Bounsweet-y-Mudsdale-04.png

Wimp-Out ability isnt competitive whatsoever if its like an auto-run away ability only, buuuuut it could be if it works like an auto switch out during a trainer battle? A pretty easy-on-the-eyes design relatively speakin, a wimpy crustacean is deffo somethin else, probably gonna evolve into a not-so-wimpy mon. Is this the fossil mon of the gen?

>When Wimpod feel threatened, they spit out a poisonous liquid.

But its not poison type. ;_;

Pokemon-Sol-y-Luna-presentan-a-Wimpod-Comfey-Bounsweet-y-Mudsdale-03.png

Cute. All I have to say about it. Also its wearin a diaper.

Pokemon-Sol-y-Luna-presentan-a-Wimpod-Comfey-Bounsweet-y-Mudsdale-08.png

Ok ok this thing has the potential to dethrone Hippowdon as the premier bulky ground. Its shtick is lookin like bob marley and bein super resilient to tiredness and assistance. Assistance meaning it apparently doesnt like being helped and prefers to fight off troubles itself. Seems it won't have much speed to it, but the Stamina ability...Its defense goes up when hit by an attack. Obviously, you have to get hit first in order for it go into affect so thats kinda lame, you'd have to survive the hit on that turn and have enough HP left to work with. If its gets like Slack Off or Milk Drink it could work better! Though ingame that prolly wont be so troublesome! The design is cool it has a tailhoof it can sit on its butt.

Enough about my thoughts though, what are yalls? Polls in the secret chat can only reveal so much. ^^
Which newest mon do you like a lot? Or maybe dislike? Are you gettin SunMoon even?

AnakBaé

Pokemon-Sol-y-Luna-presentan-a-Wimpod-Comfey-Bounsweet-y-Mudsdale-03.png

Cute. All I have to say about it. Also its wearin a diaper.

- That ain't no diaper; it's actually the meat of the fruit.

mangosteen.jpg

- Man, the bear looks horrid. Easily one of the worst designs I've seen so far in the franchise. I hope it gets an evolution x[

- I like that horse, though. Interesting ability as well. Like you said, it would be nice if it has high base HP, a recovery move, and some speed to make it more useful than Hippo!

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
So I should annoy you for artwork? :)

Beware is laughable. Comfay also looks awful. This generation in whole, barring a few, has been almost disgusting

comfey is 2kute how dare you

yungoos is about the only one that just looks -bad- to me, don't care for either of bruxish or togedemaru but their designs are decent.
some of these new abilities seem really strong too- moreso than the usual batch of stuff that gets introduced.

and for civil war i'd like mystic (second choice instinct).

Last edited:

Garlneil

I dont know how something as adorable as Mimikyu is allowed to exist. His little disguise falls over how could that not be loved. Bounsweet is kinda sad. Its running for its life and everyone else is just laughing at it.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
metalsonic%20manaphy%20banner%20png_zpsd2mrtm53.png

credits to American-Pi

manaphy.gif

Manaphy w/ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest

OK so why Calm Mind over Tail Glow?

The +1 SpDef coupled with physdef investment allows Manaphy to beat these Pokemon after 1 Calm Mind:

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 185-218 (45.7 - 53.9%) -- 2.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Manaphy: 125-148 (30.9 - 36.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Rain Dance prevents a second before you can recover, forces the switch
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 153-181 (37.8 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Wave vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 134-160 (33.1 - 39.6%) -- 15.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Manaphy: 151-178 (37.3 - 44%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Raikou Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 182-216 (45 - 53.4%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Meh
0 SpA Rotom-W Volt Switch vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 104-126 (25.7 - 31.1%) -- 4.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 143-169 (35.3 - 41.8%) -- 79.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
180 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 133-156 (32.9 - 38.6%) -- 2.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
68 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 168-198 (41.5 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

You get the point. Manaphy has the opportunity to switch in and set up on a lot of mons such as Hippowdon, Lando-T (physdef), Tyranitar, Scizor, Heatran, etc. Once it gets up a Calm Mind it can only be stalled or beaten by Serperior, Electric Types, Volcanion, Unaware Clef, Chansey hax, and it will die if you play it poorly. Fortunately, teams have more than one Pokemon. Scald in the Rain with a chance to burn becomes frustrating, especially because Calm Mind also grants a SpAtt boost. Rain Dance is also frustrating for sand teams, because they won't be able to keep their sand up for long. This set works well with sand against opposing rain teams. 16 Speed outspeeds Adamant Bisharp. Other mons should be able to beat water-resists (Dragon, Grass, Water, Water Absorb) A good option is Ferrothorn because it resists those three types and can live longer under rain with weakened Fire attacks, Tornadus-T can use rain and power through M-Venusaur, Amoonguss, Celebi, and Serperior. If you use sand, Hippo+Drill is good for Electric types such as Manectric.

This loses to Volcanion 1v1 :(

amoonguss.gif

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power Fire

Suggesting Amoongus as it is the only partner Manaphy will ever really need. An electric type came in to volt switch out on Manaphy before it boosted? Amoongus eats that for breakfast and comes out healthier than ever switching out of their switch in. Opposing Serperior thinks they can set up? Clear smog them and laugh. Afraid a Mega Bro might set up with you? Swap 4 hp evs to speed, spore, clear smog, giga, and have a giggle m8 as they complain about losing every speed tie. Amoongus also beats the strongest pokemon in the tier, Clefable. And you can never have enough Clefable checks or counters.

After a long fought battle between votes this mushroom now resides Amoongus and our team. It also grants us a fantastic pivot with the help of its core ability of Regenerator and straight up synergistic value in its key resistances to Manaphys only type weaknesses and ability to chunk Ferro for respectable damage via HP Fire. A literal thorn in this Manaphys side.
The bulky backbone it can so easily provide to our team with its ability to switch in and out is also super appreciated. ^^; Don't wanna get it too low too early tho as even Regen may not be able to save its butt. It goes without sayin the utility provided by this shroom won't be undervalued especially with the elusive and everfeared Spore in its arsenal.

Now we move on to the halfway point, the third member!
What do you think we need at this point?
Suggest a mon and suggest well.

ORAS OU Viability Rankings

Suggesting for the third team member shall end on
July 23'rd 12:00 PM CMT

Status
Not open for further replies.