• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Voting Lando-T because Sand Stream hurts the team currently more than it does benefit it.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
^ wait what the heck then who did we buy that tombstone for...
its good to have you back though afro! your afro brings the thunder and whatnot

metalsonic%20manaphy%20banner%20png_zpsd2mrtm53.png

FOURTH MEMBER VOTIN ROUND

248.gif

Tyranitar w/ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

It goes without saying that the current members lose to the Lati twins. Ttar has been a god for a long time, It can take Dracos and only its many weaknesses keep it from being Uber. This traps the Lati twins (obviously) and also provides a backup plan against other weather teams. This is really standard, Pursuit for trapping, Crunch/Stone Edge for powerful STAB and Superpower for the extra coverage which can revenge kill Bisharp etc. Checks M-Pinsir, Talonflame, ZardY and Thundurus. Very good Revenge Killer in general.

Considering how standard this is you should all be familiar with common calcs, so I'll omit them here.

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance / U-Turn
- Stone Edge

A ground immune and rocks right quick is somethin that'd be good for the team, I think. Soooo here's OU's finest; Landorus-T!
Forms a nice little intimidate core with mega mane as well as just being a nice part of the defensive core. Only thing that appreciates intimi cores are Bisharp so we should watch out for that. If need be, this lando can take Knock at +1 though. Rocky Helmet punishes things that would hate to make contact with it like U-Turn/Fake Out but if you'd like a bit of longevity Leftovers could be more your style. I like SD to help power through bulkier teams which is muy appreciated for things like Chansey, Clef, Ferro, Tangrowth, Amoongus, all things that can potentially give our team some trouble as well as giving us another powerful answer to bulky teams with EdgeQuake coverage making opponents hard pressed to switch into anything. However, depending on how things go from here, we can just go the standard U-Turn route to help preserve momentum as per usual.

There we have em, the next two mons that'll be competin for the fourth spot on our OU CCAT team! Both do their own thing, with T-Tar giving us the more immediate answer against offensive flyers with its devastating Stone Edge as well as being a pretty fantastic scarfer and trapper in its ability to check Bisharp and Latios pretty well, both big threats to our team as Lati will probably do its best to keep Manaphy low, Amoongus scared, and Manectric hard pressed to switch in so T-Tar is very appreciated. Do keep in mind though that Latios' LO Draco can still 2HKO us after rocks though so play accordingly otherwise you'll force a 50/50. As stated it can be our life line against the odd rain team should the opposing rain be a lil too much for Manaphy and the team to handle so keep that in mind as well. Landorus-T on the other hand is pretty standorus. Helps to solidify the teams defensive backbone, Ground immune, as well as potentially breaking through fatter teams with its SD potential. Not only that but the rocks are deffo helpful to punish switches, break sashes, as well as Rocky Helmet to punish mons that get too touchy. However, if we do go the Rocky Helmet route then longevity is an issue as Landorus is used to come in a lot on physical attackers usually so do be careful. An Intimidate core could easily help Manaphy set up as well with the attack losses but both mons could work for sure for their own reasons of course!

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flame Charge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder

ORAS OU Viability Rankings

As always, every vote counts and is appreciated! Go for the one you think'll suit this team best. Sorry, Goki, but you never elaborated on your set and it couldnt be added because of it. Gotta explain! >.<
Voting for 4th memb shall end on
August 2'nd 12:00 PM CMT

quotin this post for the new page! oh and so this post isnt entirely redundant...

1469380025323_zpsrm68x50a.jpg

Im a lil curious as to what yall would like to see for the next unique typin to come in so whats your personal top 3 most wanted typings from this list?

Me;

Poison/Dragon
Normal/Ghost
Psychic/Bug

You?

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
quotin this post for the new page! oh and so this post isnt entirely redundant...

Im a lil curious as to what yall would like to see for the next unique typin to come in so whats your personal top 3 most wanted typings from this list?

Me;

Poison/Dragon
Normal/Ghost
Psychic/Bug

You?

Meta we have Dragalge who is a Poison/Dragon.

I want to see a Dark/Fairy, Electric/Psychic, and Ice/Poison type.

Garlneil

Me;

Poison/Dragon
Normal/Ghost
Psychic/Bug

You?

I am sure we're gonna see more fairy types which honestly sucks. I would like to see some more poison and bug types.

Poison/Ice
Bug/Dark

Edit: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. Im so hype this new trailer. New types withe a spin on only pokemon. Z-moves what and for every type too. Boi... i knew there would be for sure a new fairy I just didn't expect it to come in that form. Some are straight up nightmare fuel...
Edit 2: i thought they could do something like a fairy/Ice something like a Yuki Onna but I thought that was stupid because froslass exist.

Last edited:

Zerogoki

Hmm, the game is getting a bit complicated, i dont know if i like that.
But there is a new ice type ninetales,which is nice.

AnakBaé

Such great reveals so far! But how the heck did a lanky three-headed palm tree become a dragon type and how did the idea even popped up in the producer's mind !?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
It's a dragon fruit tree! Or that's what they say.

82d3c815c9cf1ed22f749719ab2b02448cfec3f0_hq.jpg

And apparently long neck Exeggutor's been a thing for a long while! Maybe we'll get Crystal Onix next? I suppose this is one way to bring back relevance to older mons without giving them megas but man, re-typings are kinda big, no? It'll shake things up for sure. Time to re-type Heatran to Water/Steel to! That way they both can rule the meta!

Voting Landorus-T

I'll have a new challenge whipped up as soon as I make the banner and organize all the details. It'll be a bit tricky since this chall I think is a lil different then the others, but if it's too wonky i'll just go for a more basic one.

All you dudes postin and not votin, im lookin at you. >>
Todays the last day!

Also go join that randos tourna! It's just randos, the hardest part, teambuildin, is done for you!
And for those of you who havent finished your OU battles, do get in touch with your partner and get it done. Can't be extendin these things for too long.

Last edited:

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
put me in for lando-t

ice/poison, dark/fairy, and normal/ghost would be coolio
more fairies are always welcome tho

Voting Lando-T. We're going to need a straight counter to Bisharp with out next mon though, because it's a free-for all once Lando (with no recovery) is weakened.

Also sorry about being totally absent lately, I'm traveling and will be for a little while longer. See you all more in a week!

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
metalsonic%20manaphy%20banner%20png_zpsd2mrtm53.png

credits to American-Pi

manaphy.gif

Manaphy w/ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest

OK so why Calm Mind over Tail Glow?

The +1 SpDef coupled with physdef investment allows Manaphy to beat these Pokemon after 1 Calm Mind:

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 185-218 (45.7 - 53.9%) -- 2.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Manaphy: 125-148 (30.9 - 36.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Rain Dance prevents a second before you can recover, forces the switch
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 153-181 (37.8 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Wave vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 134-160 (33.1 - 39.6%) -- 15.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Manaphy: 151-178 (37.3 - 44%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Raikou Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 182-216 (45 - 53.4%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Meh
0 SpA Rotom-W Volt Switch vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 104-126 (25.7 - 31.1%) -- 4.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 143-169 (35.3 - 41.8%) -- 79.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
180 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 133-156 (32.9 - 38.6%) -- 2.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
68 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 168-198 (41.5 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

You get the point. Manaphy has the opportunity to switch in and set up on a lot of mons such as Hippowdon, Lando-T (physdef), Tyranitar, Scizor, Heatran, etc. Once it gets up a Calm Mind it can only be stalled or beaten by Serperior, Electric Types, Volcanion, Unaware Clef, Chansey hax, and it will die if you play it poorly. Fortunately, teams have more than one Pokemon. Scald in the Rain with a chance to burn becomes frustrating, especially because Calm Mind also grants a SpAtt boost. Rain Dance is also frustrating for sand teams, because they won't be able to keep their sand up for long. This set works well with sand against opposing rain teams. 16 Speed outspeeds Adamant Bisharp. Other mons should be able to beat water-resists (Dragon, Grass, Water, Water Absorb) A good option is Ferrothorn because it resists those three types and can live longer under rain with weakened Fire attacks, Tornadus-T can use rain and power through M-Venusaur, Amoonguss, Celebi, and Serperior. If you use sand, Hippo+Drill is good for Electric types such as Manectric.

This loses to Volcanion 1v1 :(

amoonguss.gif

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power Fire

Suggesting Amoongus as it is the only partner Manaphy will ever really need. An electric type came in to volt switch out on Manaphy before it boosted? Amoongus eats that for breakfast and comes out healthier than ever switching out of their switch in. Opposing Serperior thinks they can set up? Clear smog them and laugh. Afraid a Mega Bro might set up with you? Swap 4 hp evs to speed, spore, clear smog, giga, and have a giggle m8 as they complain about losing every speed tie. Amoongus also beats the strongest pokemon in the tier, Clefable. And you can never have enough Clefable checks or counters.

manectric-mega.gif

Manectric w/Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod > Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpAtk 252 Spe 4 Def
Timid Nature
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Flamethrower
-Thunder

Mega Manectric is one of the biggest threats in OU due to it's insane speed tier, it's ability being intimidate, and it's sheer power. Few things can switch into a M-Mane safely, but Manaphy usually takes care of the biggest offensive threats like Sand Rush Excadrill and Tyranitar. M-Mane is also one of the best Volcanion counters, which our Manaphy has nothing to hit it with. Seeing as how we'll have Rain Dance on the team, Thunder over Thunderbolt seems logical, it deals a bunch of damage and has 100% accuracy in rain. Lightning Rod Mane is perfect for expecting Pokemon like Rotom-W or Magnezone to Volt Switch on Manaphy in order to grab that great 1.5x SpAtk boost. Volt Switch is for switching out on Pokemon we can't do much to, or just to finish off a Poke and switch in safely to a different Pokemon. Flamethrower is the usual coverage move on M-Mane that destroys defensive threats like Skarm, Scizor, and Ferrothorn. HP Ice allows M-Mane to take care of most of it's own threats itself like Lando-T, Garchomp, and Gliscor.

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance / U-Turn
- Stone Edge

A ground immune and rocks right quick is somethin that'd be good for the team, I think. Soooo here's OU's finest; Landorus-T!
Forms a nice little intimidate core with mega mane as well as just being a nice part of the defensive core. Only thing that appreciates intimi cores are Bisharp so we should watch out for that. If need be, this lando can take Knock at +1 though. Rocky Helmet punishes things that would hate to make contact with it like U-Turn/Fake Out but if you'd like a bit of longevity Leftovers could be more your style. I like SD to help power through bulkier teams which is muy appreciated for things like Chansey, Clef, Ferro, Tangrowth, Amoongus, all things that can potentially give our team some trouble as well as giving us another powerful answer to bulky teams with EdgeQuake coverage making opponents hard pressed to switch into anything. However, depending on how things go from here, we can just go the standard U-Turn route to help preserve momentum as per usual.

Fittin this team to a T, is Landorus-T! Already went over most of what I wanted to go through. Intimidate cores helps for easier set up in the midst of physical attacks, and Swords Dance turns it into a potent wall breaker. Easily breaking Ferro, Sableye-Mega, Chansey, basically bulky monsters that could make things stale for Manectric and Amoongus. The Ground immune is pretty nice to so the odd scarf Mold Breaker Drill can't just start EQ'ing.

ORAS OU Viability Rankings

Alrighty then, 2 mons left and still a few things to cover. Right off the top of my head stuff like Lati is unfortunately still a problem, Kyurem-B could tear through the team, and i'd wanna say Bisharp is a prob but when isn't it a problem? Even Keldeo doesn't appreciate losing its item for those teams that rely on Keldeo. May need a defogger for Hazard stack as well. Go through our options thoroughly! Take into account what we may really need to watch out for and use your knowledge to help us reach our optimal team. Maybe you're seein the bigger picture? Let's see what you got!

August 7'th 12:00 AM CMT
is the deadline! Apologies for the wait. Been a lil worn out lately but just gotta get more fiber in my diet or somethin??​

Doctor_DraX

Things we kinda lose to

Latis
Venusaur-Mega
Kyurem-B
Bisharp
Weavile (kind of)
m-garde

Suggesting Klefki, very good for latis, a good weavile check, takes m-garde hits pretty well and isn't completely murdered by bisharp, prankster twave is good, slows down scarfers and set up mons, etc, takes all except ep from kb, pretty much walls venusaur.

Klefki w Leftovers / Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic / Rain Dance
- Foul Play

Spikes limit switchins and this comes in on any Lati Defog anyway, Twave is for set up mons, scarf/fast mons in general, foul play is also for set up mons, doing damage to lati for more spike stacking, etc, toxic is good for damage but perhaps rain dance with damp rock to improve the rain aspect idk, didn't put magnet rise since we have defensive lando in the back

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Ah spikestack, i do love spikestack

Anyone else really like Oricorio? Depending on its speed, Dancer can be pretty cool for an ability. Hope its like, 101 speed!

I think if Oricorio has a high speed stat it could easily be a huge threat to Dragon Dancers and Quiver Dancers.

I wonder... Would it copy Fiery Dance from Volcarona? If so, the Fire/Flying version would be a death sentence to Volcarona.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I think if Oricorio has a high speed stat it could easily be a huge threat to Dragon Dancers and Quiver Dancers.

I wonder... Would it copy Fiery Dance from Volcarona? If so, the Fire/Flying version would be a death sentence to Volcarona.

Yeah thats exactly what I was thinkin! If it gets Hurricane it could massacre Volcarona. Though bein a dancer and all, you'd assume it'll get dance moves of its own. Maybe it'll get Quiver Dance itself? It'd be nice if Electric/Flying Oricorio was the first of that typing to get Hurricane finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.