• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
sand castle ones are actually really cool, ngl.
bewear's pre-evo is nice, as is alolan marowak (can't say meowth is too appealing).

this more or less breaks the dex leak, but that's not entirely unexpected.

Entire dex leak seems to good to be true. I don't mean the line-up, I mean like, the entire dex? Leaked? Has that happened before?

Mostly the dex leak and the final evo of the starters. Litten go screwed but if the way they say the island effect them it can be saved.

Is it bad if I like Littens final evo? ^^

Hi I'm back

What's been happening? Everybody moving to Canada yet?

Zack's back, and now you're back! Guild Tour section is closing, gotta tour goin on in here though, CCAT's bout to wrap up. Usual stuff!

But it's also leak season and leak's are comin out like an overhydrated baby.

Breaking News is the
Alolan Raichu

Surge Surfer has a very interesting name. Wonder what it does? Maybe it's speed and electric type moves are boosted in rain?

Last edited:

Zachmac

Spent roughly 20 minutes searching for a female combee in Y, brought it's health down to yellow, and starting chucking pokeballs at it. After it broke out of around ten of them, I tried to swap out to a level five Scatterbug to see I could bring its health down further without a KO, but accidentally hit run.

At this rate, I'm going to get a shiny ralts before a female combee.

What's the bet Pikachu can learn surf by level up now? At the very least, Alolan Raichu should be able to learn it somehow.

Last edited:

Zerogoki

So the next gen pikachu clone will be pikachu itself but fairy type? but why, we already have dedenne :/
About the CCAT, idk what do you think of experimental builds but i suggest this one because i think every team needs a defoger, specially if the team is going to use a lot of volt switch and u turn.
;212;
Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch/u-turn
- Superpower

Well, i was just thinking if this team is using rain dance a lot, there will be a lot of tyranitars switching in, so we can't rely just in rain dance combos. This scizor can OHKO t-tar and excadrill(with zero def) pretty easy with superpower. Also, priority moves like bullet punch are always good in any team and sometimes can be defining (but im thinking u turn could take this place too)
This defensive scizor can take pretty well draco meteors and psyshock and resist at least 1 hp-fire of any mon, so latias should not be a problem and u- turn can make serious damage to psychic types(0 Atk Scizor U-turn vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Latios: 228-270 (76.2 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)

This pokemon die with any stab fire attack, but if rain dance is active it can resist some, like lava plume of a defensive heatran (0 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Scizor in Rain: 204-244 (59.3 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)
Besides, manaphy give coverage for fire types.

Well, as i said before i'm not very good making pokemon analysis so maybe this one might not be at your level guys but i hope you like it :)

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Spent roughly 20 minutes searching for a female combee in Y, brought it's health down to yellow, and starting chucking pokeballs at it. After it broke out of around ten of them, I tried to swap out to a level five Scatterbug to see I could bring its health down further without a KO, but accidentally hit run.

At this rate, I'm going to get a shiny ralts before a female combee.

What's the bet Pikachu can learn surf by level up now? At the very least, Alolan Raichu should be able to learn it somehow.

Breed those badboys! Or you know, girls.

Glad Raichu is getting some love. I hope (doubt it) that it will be good enough to be played in uu

Raichu doesnt seem especially bad in UU, I bet it could work even now! Raichu got love this gen with the +10 speed boost to. I mean, it sets itself apart by being a pretty fast user of NPlot with a pretty diverse movepool. It is frail though which is unfortunate. May as well get Surf as an HM move at this point to.

Last edited:

Zachmac

Now that we know how Surge Surf works, I hope Alolah Raichu gets a hefty boost to special attack from its newfound psychic powers, at the cost of possibly some attack and speed. I also expect a defense drop and a raise in sp.def. But maybe its stats will be near identical and I'm just overthinking this. We don't know how these new forms work yet.
Breed those badboys! Or you know, girls.
Well, I finally caught one. It really shouldn't of been that hard. I think the game was just picking on me.

I'm going to save breeding projects until I clear out the Hoen Dex. But then again, Combee wasn't part of the Hoen dex, so I could of just saved that for afterwards. Oh well.

Last edited:
Eliteknight%20tournament%20banner%20png_zpsl4tpw5cp.png

Credit to American-Pi

Welcome to the VO Overused Tournament.

Rules:
All Battles must be done over Pokemon Online or Pokemonshowdown.
If a D/C happens early game, both players will replay doing the same moves.
If a clear winner can't be decided when a D/C happens late game, then both players will replay their game.
Fellow all general Serebii Rules.
All battles will be best of 3.
Each round will be one week, no extensions will be provided.
Should a Tier change occur during the tournament the change will go into effect the following round.
All matches must be confirmed.
All matches must use the appropriate form.

Prizes:
1st: Rank Up
2nd: 7 Points
3rd: 5 Points

Signing up:
Post the following form:

HTML:
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Registered PS/PO Name:[/B]
[B]Timezone:[/B]

Participants:
1) Shadow Dawn [Shadow Dawn]
2) ptz [ptz]
3) Doctor_DraX [Doctor∑DraX²]
4) Erron Black [FaneBlackwing]
5) jirachiuser1 [elastico]
6) Garlneil [Garlneil]
7) Zerogoki [Zeroyd]
8) meliekpi [semicircular]
9) Conquer Phoenix [1/5circular]
10) MMS [MeanMrSnorlax]

Bracket:
VOOU.svg

Battles Form:
HTML:
[B]OU Tournament Battle:[/b]
Opponents Name:
Game 1 (W/D/L: Score):
Game 2 (W/D/L: Score):
Game 3 (W/D/L: Score):

Deadline:
Round 3: Sunday Aug 14th, Activity wins will be awarded then. Get your matches done

Last edited:
Randbats Registration
Username: Shadow Dawn
Registered PS/PO Name: Shadow Dawn
Timezone: EST

Okay, I'm going to toss out two mons, one more serious and one perhaps a little more interesting.

terrakion.gif

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Toxic

Choice Scarf Terrakion patches up this team's pretty paltry speed control, allowing it to revenge kill some of our major weaknesses, like Kyurem-B, Ferrothorn, and QD Volcarona. Base 108 is an excellent speed tier for a scarf user, outspeeding the entire unboosted metagame and virtually all relevant +1s. Our team is also well equipped to handle Pokemon that give Terrakion trouble, like bulky ground types, water types, Breloom, Azumarill and Scizor. Moveset is self-explanatory. I went with Toxic over Rock Slide because this team appreciates passive damage as it's going to be pivoting a lot before getting the chance for Manaphy to set up.

However, if we wanted to toss the damp rock on Klefki, really commit to the rain team idea, and have a secondary wincon...

kabutops.gif

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature

- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick

Wait, don't go! Hear me out. Kabutops covers all the same holes that Scarf Terrakion does, but trades some of the immediate power for greater wallbreaking and sweeping potential. Without an SD, Kabutops takes advantage of the rain brought by Klefki and Manaphy to OHKO Kyurem-B, Volcanion at +1 (which 6-0s this team right now if Lando has any prior damage), and SpDef Heatran after rocks. At +2, Kabutops turns into a fearsome wallbreaker, luring in Ferrothorn and OHKOing it, as well as 252/252+ Def Skarmory after rocks. Klefki can also send up a rain dance at the end of the game, enabling Kabutops to clean up late game if we feel Manaphy is better suited to wallbreaking a particular team. Since Kabutops has similar coverage to Manphy and Lando, it's able to weaking their main checks. Running Kabutops will take a little more commitment to keep rain up than we perhaps want to, but the potential payoff is excellent.

Last edited:

Zachmac

Ranbats stands for random battles huh? I'm super rusty, but if I don't have to worry about team building or the current metagame, I guess I won't have to worry about that too much.

Username: Zachmac
Registered PS/PO Name: Zachmac of VO
Timezone: GMT-7

Randbats Registration
Username: Shadow Dawn
Registered PS/PO Name: Shadow Dawn
Timezone: EST

7/8

Ranbats stands for random battles huh? I'm super rusty, but if I don't have to worry about team building or the current metagame, I guess I won't have to worry about that too much.

Username: Zachmac
Registered PS/PO Name: Zachmac of VO
Timezone: GMT-7

8/8 bracket will be up tomorrow night

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Woooo, I found a shiny torkoal in my original Ruby yesterday whilst heading home. Those are some stacked odds if I remember correctly, 1/8192 chance.
Pre gen-4 shines are such a wonder.

Anywho, i'll write up the CCAT post later on today.

VOTour2.png

Credit to American-Pi

Welcome to the VO Randbats Tournament!

Rules:
All Battles must be done over Pokemon Online or Pokemonshowdown.
If a D/C happens early game, both players will replay doing the same moves.
If a clear winner can't be decided when a D/C happens late game, then both players will replay their game.
Fellow all general Serebii Rules.
All battles will be best of 5.
Each round will be one week, no extensions will be provided.
All matches must be confirmed.
All Matches must be posted with the proper form

Prizes:
1st: 8 Points
2nd: 5 Points
3rd: 3 Points

Signing up:
Post the following form:

HTML:
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Registered PS/PO Name:[/B]
[B]Timezone:[/B]

Participants:
1) Eliteknight [Guardian Of Auir]
2) Doctor_DraX [Doctor∑DraX²]
3) sanae [sohei]
4) Garlneil [Garlneil]
5) MetalSonic [lunasena]
6) Lugia-sama [Arum-san]
7) Shadow Dawn [Shadow Dawn]
8) Zachmac [Zachmac of VO]

Battle form:
HTML:
[B]Randbats Tournament Battle:[/b]
Opponents Name:
Game 1 (W/D/L: Score):
Game 2 (W/D/L: Score):
Game 3 (W/D/L: Score):
Game 4 (W/D/L: Score):
Game 5 (W/D/L: Score):

Bracket:
VORandbats.svg

Deadline:
Round 1: August 21st at 10pm Pacific

-----

Randbats Tournament Battle:
Opponents Name: MetalSonic
Game 1 (W/D/L: Score): W 3-0
Game 2 (W/D/L: Score): L 2-0
Game 3 (W/D/L: Score): L 2-0
Game 4 (W/D/L: Score): W 1-0
Game 5 (W/D/L: Score): W 4-0

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

IMPORTANT REMINDER

vvv

The randbats tour is best of 5! This is the first tour of ours that's been Bo5, I believe so dont make the same mistake I almost made and think Bo3. You may not be so lucky and have EK there to correct you during. ^^;

~~~

metalsonic%20manaphy%20banner%20png_zpsd2mrtm53.png

credits to American-Pi

LAST ROUND VOTIN

641-therian.gif

Tornadus-T @ Damp Rock
Ability: Regenerate
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
- Hurricane
- Superpower / Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Rain Dance

We've got a potential VoltTurn core going on with Landy and Manetric, so why not throw in Landy's old butty Tornadus-T? Hurricane, like Thunder, never misses in rain. Focus Blast and Superpower both provide coverage, and either one is viable. Regenerate makes U-turn an excellent move, as you pretty much get a free heal every time you use it. Knock Off is a standard Smogon move, but I didn't include Taunt since we've already got Manaphy for stall breaking. Rain Dance allows Hurricane and Thunder to always hit and covers Amoongus's and Klefki's fire weakness, so it's always good to have that move set up when you can.

In terms of team synergy, Tornadus-T can lure out common electric types such as scarf Rotom-W or a Thunderus who wants to T-wave it, than pull a hard swap out to Manetric to feed lighting rod before it mega evolves. We've also got Stealth Rock and Spikes support on our team, so a volt turn core can cause some serious damage if it gets the hold of the offensive pressure.

Normally this would be a life orb set up, but without defog or rapid spin on our team, I'm not sure if we could really afford it. Thankfully regenerate can protect Tornady-T from wearing itself out from repeating VoltTurning. On that note, if we stick with this set, we might want to consider Leftovers on Landy-T as well, to help make up for the lack of defog support.

212.gif

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch/u-turn
- Superpower

Well, i was just thinking if this team is using rain dance a lot, there will be a lot of tyranitars switching in, so we can't rely just in rain dance combos. This scizor can OHKO t-tar and excadrill(with zero def) pretty easy with superpower. Also, priority moves like bullet punch are always good in any team and sometimes can be defining (but im thinking u turn could take this place too)
This defensive scizor can take pretty well draco meteors and psyshock and resist at least 1 hp-fire of any mon, so latias should not be a problem and u- turn can make serious damage to psychic types(0 Atk Scizor U-turn vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Latios: 228-270 (76.2 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)

This pokemon die with any stab fire attack, but if rain dance is active it can resist some, like lava plume of a defensive heatran (0 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Scizor in Rain: 204-244 (59.3 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)
Besides, manaphy give coverage for fire types.

Well, as i said before i'm not very good making pokemon analysis so maybe this one might not be at your level guys but i hope you like it :)

terrakion.gif

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Toxic

Choice Scarf Terrakion patches up this team's pretty paltry speed control, allowing it to revenge kill some of our major weaknesses, like Kyurem-B, Ferrothorn, and QD Volcarona. Base 108 is an excellent speed tier for a scarf user, outspeeding the entire unboosted metagame and virtually all relevant +1s. Our team is also well equipped to handle Pokemon that give Terrakion trouble, like bulky ground types, water types, Breloom, Azumarill and Scizor. Moveset is self-explanatory. I went with Toxic over Rock Slide because this team appreciates passive damage as it's going to be pivoting a lot before getting the chance for Manaphy to set up.

Oh man im late again arent I >.<
Here they are though! The VERY last mon to seal the deal for our team!
Tornadus-T, the fast potential 3rd rain setter. Takin advantage of a 100% accurate Hurricane within the rain and the ability to weaken severely stuff like Heatran and T-Tar who find themselves switchin into Torn-T a bit and their removal can really help out Mane and Moongus. Scizor's a pretty interesting defogger and can gain momentum with U-Turn and as calcs suggest, may take a Lava Plume from Heatran in rain. Though if you're not gonna use B-Punch u may wanna use Light Metal, and lastly Terrakion for a dedicated speedymon with power. Terrak generally gets enough coverage out the door with its CloseEdge combo but Iron Head is for the more guaranteed hit on stuff like Clef and Diancie. Toxic's for the predicted switch into the usual Lando-T counter. Plus you know, the speed is appreciated so certain +1 threats can be handled a bit better.

As it goes, vote for the one you think'll be the best fit for the team! It's the last one so think hard. So many teams we've wrapped up already, but it's good to always keep building.

ORAS OU Viability Rankings

last round votin shall end
August 18'th 12:00 PM CMT

Thank you everyone who joined in! Each and every vote counts and im hopin you're all learnin more and more from each one we do. Sorry if I sound misinformed sometimes! ^^;

Last edited:

Garlneil

Randbats Tournament Battle:
Opponents Name: Lugia
Game 1 (L: Score):0-1
Game 2 (W: Score):3-0
Game 3 (W: Score):4-0
Game 4 (L: Score):0-5
Game 5 (L: Score):0-4

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Won against garlneil 3-2, ggs