• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Hey anak you're back to bein a Simisage!

Eliteknight%20tournament%20banner%20png_zpsl4tpw5cp.png

Credit to American-Pi

Welcome to the VO Overused Tournament.

Rules:
All Battles must be done over Pokemon Online or Pokemonshowdown.
If a D/C happens early game, both players will replay doing the same moves.
If a clear winner can't be decided when a D/C happens late game, then both players will replay their game.
Fellow all general Serebii Rules.
All battles will be best of 3.
Each round will be one week, no extensions will be provided.
Should a Tier change occur during the tournament the change will go into effect the following round.
All matches must be confirmed.
All matches must use the appropriate form.

Prizes:
1st: Rank Up
2nd: 7 Points
3rd: 5 Points

Due to lack of match completion prizes are currently cancelled. Should Matches get done on time I will talk with MetalSonic regarding reinstating them

Signing up:
Post the following form:

HTML:
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Registered PS/PO Name:[/B]
[B]Timezone:[/B]

Participants:
1) Shadow Dawn [Shadow Dawn]
2) ptz [ptz]
3) Doctor_DraX [Doctor∑DraX²]
4) Erron Black [FaneBlackwing]
5) jirachiuser1 [elastico]
6) Garlneil [Garlneil]
7) Zerogoki [Zeroyd]
8) meliekpi [semicircular]
9) Conquer Phoenix [1/5circular]
10) MMS [MeanMrSnorlax]

Bracket:
VOOU.svg

Battles Form:
HTML:
[B]OU Tournament Battle:[/b]
Opponents Name:
Game 1 (W/D/L: Score):
Game 2 (W/D/L: Score):
Game 3 (W/D/L: Score):

Deadline:
Finals: Sept 5th at 10pm gmt-7

Zachmac

Got my Hoenn dex out of the way, and now I'm breezing through Pokemon eggs like its nobody's business. I've also managed to nab every exclusive legendary I can't get through Alpha Sapphire, Y, and Black version one the GTS somehow, so I suspect I'm going to be finishing the National Dex and getting my shiny charm sometime very soon - I only have around 200 'mons left to go. Lv.100 Blissey Secret Bases have also made leveling a breeze.

Man, if I knew that completing the Pokedex was this easy, I would of done it a long time ago.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Blissey bases are the greatest thing since portable hairdryers.

I've also tested Stricker and he's deffo rank up material! A very nice team made!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-427569794

CCAT FIRST MEMBER ROUND

audino_by_pokemon3dsprites-d9ru0yn.gif

Audino @Leftovers
Regenerator
Careful Nature
252 HP 4 Def 252 SpDef

-Wish
-Protect
-Double-Edge
-Encore/Heal Bell/Toxic

suggesting the best special tank and wish passer in PU
So this is p basic Audino in PU. It's by far the best Wish passer in the tier due to having Regenerator and high HP and defenses. Wishtect is almost always going to be on this guy, Double-Edge is it's best move by far and since it's attacks stats are an even 60/60 you can use attack just as well as special attack. It can be used to finish off less bulky/frail Pokemon or you can trick an opponent into thinking you'll wishtect or switch the next turn and BAM. Double-Edged like that. Encore is to provide safer switch-in opportunities by predicting status moves or the like, slashed Heal Bell for the amazing party status heal and Toxic for those pesky sashed Shedinjas, or to just whittle down an opponents HP/status them if you can't hit them, it's especially good against Dusclops/Dusknoir. Overall, working around Audino is quite easy due to it's Normal type and superb defensive abilities, with no Megas in this tier, there's not much to worry about. Especially since Machoke just got the banhammer. The only other Fighting type is Monferno, and it doesn't see too much use due to being hella frail. Other than that we'll need a Pokemon to break through Pokemon like Probopass and Mawile who totally wall and counter our lovely little nurse.

624.gif

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Hold Up
Hold Up
HOLD UP

Look at this Pokemon.
Now look at your team.
Is it on it? If not, you're DEFF doing something wrong.

Pawniard is unarguably, both objectively and subjectively, without a shred of doubt, and meteorlogically proven, to be the BEST Pokemon in the PU tier (and ever).

Lemme tell you why
This set is the bread and butter of Pawniard and its evolved form; Bisharp. Did I mention Bisharp is also very, very good? Well if I didn't there it is. Anyways, with an Adamant nature, you're hitting very hard. Pawniard tries its hardest to be fast, but with all that coolness weighing him down that unfortunately is not possible, BUT because Pawniard is so cool it was granted Sucker Punch to bypass its speed and knock out the tiers speedier threats such as Floatzel, Grumpig, Kadabra, Choice Rotom-F with a bit of prior damage and the like. Knock Off is its main way of getting ensured damage off and can knock off Eviolites on annoying things such as Vullaby, Monferno on the switch, and others! Iron Head is plain STAB, or it would be plain STAB if it wasn't on Pawniard! And since it is, Pawniards Iron Head is COOL STAB. The coverage it provides is what allows it to really threaten Mawile, Vullaby, Golem and the rare Clefairy and just working really well in tandem with its Dark STAB in general. Let's get to the Swords Dance part. With Swords Dance and Pawniards fantastic coverage, you can absolutely demolish teams usually late game! Boosted Pawniard does great against the more weakened teams, so its imperative we get things into range of its attacks, for this, hazards are absolutely recommended.

+2 252+ Atk Pawniard Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Golem: 342-404 (113.6 - 134.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Pawniard Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Floatzel: 174-205 (55.9 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Pawniard Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Floatzel: 348-409 (111.8 - 131.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Pawniard Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Stoutland: 235-277 (75.5 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Pawniard Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Vullaby: 124-147 (36.1 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Pawniard Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Vullaby: 186-220 (54.2 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

In the early 2 mid game, Pawniard should be knockin things off at all times! Well not all times, but knock off is pretty spammable in this tier and is especially rare and helpful in PU. Pawniard has wonderful defensive typing for this tier and resists a lot of the tiers popular STABs. It isn't terribly bulky even with Eviolite but it can be the necessary bulk needed to survive an attack and SD up. Before gettin into position though, the time's gotta be just right! Removing items is super nice especially on bulkier things so this dude or the teams' other dudes can break through the opposition! Really, it's great being Pawniard and being so good at the things it does! Speed an issue? Sucker Punch. Got an item you wanna remove for itself or general helpfulness, maybe a Scarf or Eviolite? Knock that thing off. Late game lookin clean? SD up and take that win. It's A rank for a reason! It's mere PRESENCE straight up DETERS the use of Defog, since its a free SD, so we can afford Spikes and Stealth Rock a little more on this team. Which are good in general, to bring things into range of Pawniard and pals and very recommended. Don't you understand how cute/cool this guy is? He can be both! I mean, you gotta have someone super great a couple tiers down there, right?

HOWEVER, not everything is great for this little dude. This tier has some things that bully this cute mon. Fortunately, because it bullied Pawniard too much, the formerly S rank Machoke was banished out of PU! Means one less thing for Pawniard to be bothered by, but of course, things like Monferno, it's no.1 bully/counter can be an absolute pain. We'd absolutely need mons to take care of it for sure. Pelliper can also be a pain with its bulk and access to Scald, but must be wary of using its Defog. Stunfisk is surprisingly bulky and can threaten Pawnairds safety with an Earth Power and Static so gettin rid of that is key to. There's also the status and mindgames that come with the nature of Pawniard and Sucker Punch. Pawniard is quite the player Pokemon, so do your best to bring it into favorable situations where prediction won't cost you too much if things go south. No worries though, because Pawniard is so great, things are bound to go GREAT for you.​

Ah yes, there they are! The two mons suggested, pretty much.
One is great primary support and other is more offensively oriented. Which one you wanna build around though? That's reliant on your vote! So do just that and vote! Let it be known which one you wanna see built around.

First mon votin shalll end on
September 1'st 12:00 PM CMT

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Blissey bases are the greatest thing since portable hairdryers.

I've also tested Stricker and he's deffo rank up material! A very nice team made!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-427569794

CCAT FIRST MEMBER ROUND

audino_by_pokemon3dsprites-d9ru0yn.gif

Audino @Leftovers
Regenerator
Careful Nature
252 HP 4 Def 252 SpDef

-Wish
-Protect
-Double-Edge
-Encore/Heal Bell/Toxic

suggesting the best special tank and wish passer in PU
So this is p basic Audino in PU. It's by far the best Wish passer in the tier due to having Regenerator and high HP and defenses. Wishtect is almost always going to be on this guy, Double-Edge is it's best move by far and since it's attacks stats are an even 60/60 you can use attack just as well as special attack. It can be used to finish off less bulky/frail Pokemon or you can trick an opponent into thinking you'll wishtect or switch the next turn and BAM. Double-Edged like that. Encore is to provide safer switch-in opportunities by predicting status moves or the like, slashed Heal Bell for the amazing party status heal and Toxic for those pesky sashed Shedinjas, or to just whittle down an opponents HP/status them if you can't hit them, it's especially good against Dusclops/Dusknoir. Overall, working around Audino is quite easy due to it's Normal type and superb defensive abilities, with no Megas in this tier, there's not much to worry about. Especially since Machoke just got the banhammer. The only other Fighting type is Monferno, and it doesn't see too much use due to being hella frail. Other than that we'll need a Pokemon to break through Pokemon like Probopass and Mawile who totally wall and counter our lovely little nurse.

624.gif

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Hold Up
Hold Up
HOLD UP

Look at this Pokemon.
Now look at your team.
Is it on it? If not, you're DEFF doing something wrong.

Pawniard is unarguably, both objectively and subjectively, without a shred of doubt, and meteorlogically proven, to be the BEST Pokemon in the PU tier (and ever).

Lemme tell you why
This set is the bread and butter of Pawniard and its evolved form; Bisharp. Did I mention Bisharp is also very, very good? Well if I didn't there it is. Anyways, with an Adamant nature, you're hitting very hard. Pawniard tries its hardest to be fast, but with all that coolness weighing him down that unfortunately is not possible, BUT because Pawniard is so cool it was granted Sucker Punch to bypass its speed and knock out the tiers speedier threats such as Floatzel, Grumpig, Kadabra, Choice Rotom-F with a bit of prior damage and the like. Knock Off is its main way of getting ensured damage off and can knock off Eviolites on annoying things such as Vullaby, Monferno on the switch, and others! Iron Head is plain STAB, or it would be plain STAB if it wasn't on Pawniard! And since it is, Pawniards Iron Head is COOL STAB. The coverage it provides is what allows it to really threaten Mawile, Vullaby, Golem and the rare Clefairy and just working really well in tandem with its Dark STAB in general. Let's get to the Swords Dance part. With Swords Dance and Pawniards fantastic coverage, you can absolutely demolish teams usually late game! Boosted Pawniard does great against the more weakened teams, so its imperative we get things into range of its attacks, for this, hazards are absolutely recommended.

+2 252+ Atk Pawniard Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Golem: 342-404 (113.6 - 134.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Pawniard Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Floatzel: 174-205 (55.9 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Pawniard Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Floatzel: 348-409 (111.8 - 131.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Pawniard Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Stoutland: 235-277 (75.5 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Pawniard Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Vullaby: 124-147 (36.1 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Pawniard Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Vullaby: 186-220 (54.2 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

In the early 2 mid game, Pawniard should be knockin things off at all times! Well not all times, but knock off is pretty spammable in this tier and is especially rare and helpful in PU. Pawniard has wonderful defensive typing for this tier and resists a lot of the tiers popular STABs. It isn't terribly bulky even with Eviolite but it can be the necessary bulk needed to survive an attack and SD up. Before gettin into position though, the time's gotta be just right! Removing items is super nice especially on bulkier things so this dude or the teams' other dudes can break through the opposition! Really, it's great being Pawniard and being so good at the things it does! Speed an issue? Sucker Punch. Got an item you wanna remove for itself or general helpfulness, maybe a Scarf or Eviolite? Knock that thing off. Late game lookin clean? SD up and take that win. It's A rank for a reason! It's mere PRESENCE straight up DETERS the use of Defog, since its a free SD, so we can afford Spikes and Stealth Rock a little more on this team. Which are good in general, to bring things into range of Pawniard and pals and very recommended. Don't you understand how cute/cool this guy is? He can be both! I mean, you gotta have someone super great a couple tiers down there, right?

HOWEVER, not everything is great for this little dude. This tier has some things that bully this cute mon. Fortunately, because it bullied Pawniard too much, the formerly S rank Machoke was banished out of PU! Means one less thing for Pawniard to be bothered by, but of course, things like Monferno, it's no.1 bully/counter can be an absolute pain. We'd absolutely need mons to take care of it for sure. Pelliper can also be a pain with its bulk and access to Scald, but must be wary of using its Defog. Stunfisk is surprisingly bulky and can threaten Pawnairds safety with an Earth Power and Static so gettin rid of that is key to. There's also the status and mindgames that come with the nature of Pawniard and Sucker Punch. Pawniard is quite the player Pokemon, so do your best to bring it into favorable situations where prediction won't cost you too much if things go south. No worries though, because Pawniard is so great, things are bound to go GREAT for you.

Ah yes, there they are! The two mons suggested, pretty much.
One is great primary support and other is more offensively oriented. Which one you wanna build around though? That's reliant on your vote! So do just that and vote! Let it be known which one you wanna see built around.

First mon votin shalll end on
September 1'st 12:00 PM CMT

darn im bad with post limits for new pages, but quotin for new page!

voting Pawniard

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Oh wowo the randos tourna is drawin to a close. Grats to EK for third! It's so weird trying to figure out which wincon is most precious when yours and the opps team is random.
Maybe that's how it was like before team preview? Had to like figure stuff out by what your opps shown thus far.

zekrom 4

Hey guys what's up its been like a century since I've posted .....��������
So should I rejoin the guild or am I still in?

Also it may take me a while to respond cause I'm going o a long plane ride over the Atlantic

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Hey guys what's up its been like a century since I've posted .....��������
So should I rejoin the guild or am I still in?

Also it may take me a while to respond cause I'm going o a long plane ride over the Atlantic

Your fine, zekrom! Blast from the past, thanks for droppin by! Right now were finishin up a randos tour, gettin an OU tour movin along and in the beginning of a PU CCAT starring Audino or Pawniard. Just keep droppin by and lettin us know bout ur stuff if you want, get in on votes and maybe hang in the chat room and scratch a battling itch or 2.

Sunnymoon is almost here! I kinda wanna poke another clan on a war but first I gotta see about what yall want

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I'd be down for another war

y'know if I actually participated this time bc last time my opponent never responded back for our battles

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
and my vote will go for audino.

can't wait for pokemon s&m, hopefully amazon'll even ship early on accident

Status
Not open for further replies.