• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachmac

Receiver probably won't work with Wonderguard. I mean, Skill Swap, Role Play, and I believe Trace don't.

Also...

Inverse Tournament Sign Up Form
Username: Zachmac
Pokemon Showdown Name: Zachmac

I don't usually play competitive pokemon these days, but if it's something weird like an Inverse Battle, I might actually stand a chance.

Last edited:
Receiver probably won't work with Wonderguard. I mean, Skill Swap, Role Play, and I believe Trace don't.

Also...

Inverse Tournament Sign Up Form
Username: Zachmac
Pokemon Showdown Name: Zachmac

I don't usually play competitive pokemon these days, but if it's something weird like an Inverse Battle, I might actually stand a chance.

Accepted

Voting for mewtwo

Also signing up for ou Tourny

Username: PTZ
PS: PTZ

Use the Proper form Rejected

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
MetalSonic%20audino%20banner%20v2%20png_zps2ixa3j5l.png

Credits to American-Pi

Hey im grumpig

audino_by_pokemon3dsprites-d9ru0yn.gif

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Double-Edge
- Encore / Thunder Wave / Heal Bell

suggesting the best special tank and wish passer in PU
So this is p basic Audino in PU. It's by far the best Wish passer in the tier due to having Regenerator and high HP and defenses. Wishtect is almost always going to be on this guy, Double-Edge is it's best move by far and since it's attacks stats are an even 60/60 you can use attack just as well as special attack. It can be used to finish off less bulky/frail Pokemon or you can trick an opponent into thinking you'll wishtect or switch the next turn and BAM. Double-Edged like that. Encore is to provide safer switch-in opportunities by predicting status moves or the like, slashed Heal Bell for the amazing party status heal and Toxic for those pesky sashed Shedinjas, or to just whittle down an opponents HP/status them if you can't hit them, it's especially good against Dusclops/Dusknoir. Overall, working around Audino is quite easy due to it's Normal type and superb defensive abilities, with no Megas in this tier, there's not much to worry about. Especially since Machoke just got the banhammer. The only other Fighting type is Monferno, and it doesn't see too much use due to being hella frail. Other than that we'll need a Pokemon to break through Pokemon like Probopass and Mawile who totally wall and counter our lovely little nurse.

stunfisk.gif

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Speakin of pulverized pancakes, here comes PU's premier physical wall; Stunfisk! The EV spread is for an odd number of HP and the speed is to outspeed Hippopotas by 2 points. Really feelin Stunfisk would work great with Audino as she can take on the special moves that would really threaten Stunfisks' safety and Stunfisk can soak up physical attacks such as Monfernos Close Combat, Dodrios Brave Birds, and the like and threaten them with the Static chance. Which is especially important as anything physical will be especially reluctant to click an offensive move with the paralysis chance lurking. A rocker, Discharge to further increase para chances and and Earth Power to round out coverage for opposing Electric types, Steel types, and Rock types especially for Audino. Toxic can work extremely well with Audinos wishing for obvious reasons. Really, i'd say both of them form a pretty unique defensive core. You'd be surprised at just how tanky this flapjack is.

tangela-3.gif

Tangela @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

(other moves: Sludge Bomb, Ancient Power, Stun Spore)

Forms a Regenerator core with Audino and has some nice synergy with Stunfisk, resisting water and ground while Stunfisk resists poison and flying. Due to Eviolite, Tangela can afford to run max special attack insthead of more bulk. Sleep Powder offers some nice utility by punishing switches, max special attack Leaf Storm hits like a truck, Giga Drain is consistent stab with the added recovery bonus, and HP Fire is coverage, hitting Grass, Bug, Steel types. Stun Spore is another option, providing some nice speed control. Ancient Power hits fire and flying types while Sludge Bomb hits opposing Grass types harder and can spread poison.

grumpig.gif

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

I think Grumpig would work wonderfully with our current teams bulky structure and the mons within it. It comes in on a fighting type attack a couple times for Audino and with her Wish, may be able to continually do so which works well with the Sub CM nature of this set so that it may keep functioning and subbing, pressuring either with attacks or a CM. It also kind of covers the ice weakness both Stunfisk and Tangela share as well as the fire one for the latter mon due to its ability; Thick Fat. Checking Regice, Roselia, Ninetales. It's a bulky win con that can pressure opponents once it's behind a sub, synergies well with the team by checking key mons, and would love to benefit from Wish support while doing so, so that it may potentially come through with a CM sweep in the late game!

Three little piggy votes place this one on the team. It's all fun and games until this piggy gets behind a sub! After the appropriate counters/checks have been eliminated this here piggu can attempt to wreak havoc across the opposing team with the very popular Sub+CM combo. It can very usually get a sub up against predicted status, passive pokemon, and even predicted sucker punches in the face of Pawniard and Cacturne. While Psychic is great, Psyshock can be used as well to CM with the passive mons that use CM as well such as Clefairy. The typing is great for a nice Fighting resist, but it's only recovery is Lefties and sub'll take its toll as well if you try it too early so as always, play considerately and Wish em up if you have the chance and believe this win con can deffo pull out a win. It's main selling point is the fact its a win con, but maybe it's time to put some pure offense to help set up win cons as well and in general, help our the team? or perhaps a defogger? However you decide, decide well and don't be sure not to think at all.

Audino @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Double-Edge
- Encore

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Tangela @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

PU Viability Rankings

Fifth member suggestions shall go on to
September 27'th 12:00 AM

~~~

Ahh, ptz! Please do make sure to read up and fill in the form normally. It's an Inverse Tour not OU!

Doctor_DraX

Accepted

Use the Proper form Rejected

Not sure why this is a rule. It doesn't take any more effort to decipher the username and PS username (in fact, it takes less time to both write and read it that way) nor is anything gained from making him correct it besides lost time. I can understand the OU =/= Inverse thing, though. Maybe the lack of boldness may cause someone to look over it but you quoted it which means you acknowledged its existence just fine.

ptz

Yeah I agree with doctor it takes less time to fill out form with just your name and username, im not gonna go searching 4 pages to copy proper Form as long as you know what I'm signing up for it sgouldnt be a Problem.

Also I'm voting for mewtwo

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Some people may have a username on PS that may differ from their Serebii one. It's just easier to solidify it in a form for everyone, so that they're not potentially always switching their PS username around all willy nilly in the midst of a tour and making it hard for their opps to track them.

Forms keep things organized for the most part, so please do take your time to fill them! They don't take too long and they aren't usually too far behind in post/page count.

Speakin of which

~~~

MetalSonic%20BL%20banner%20final%20png_zpsqa9okr8d.png

Yes, finally, an idea was bestowed upon me by member; shadow_dawn! Thank you kindly cause it's time to implement it. It was so simple to....

RULES

1. You must use a fresh alt for this challenge on Pokemon Showdown! It takes place in the OU tier.

2. As the name implies, this challenge shall make use of NOT OU Pokemon, still within the OU environment. You also won't be able to use BL Pokemon either since they're basically OU Pokemon. No, the "challenge" of this challenge shall come from the required use of 2, count em, 2 non OU/BL Pokemon on your team! That's it! A little harder? Maybe. Doable? You bet. If you have questions regarding the viability of your team, just let me know.

3. You must get to a certain ranking threshold to be eligible for point gain!

4. Fill out the form and let me confirm your alt! After that you, may start.

5. You must post three replays of you above 1400. The goal is 1510. If you get 1510, you will be rewarded 8 POINTS. However, if you go for and reach 1610, you shall be rewarded 12 points. No ranges, just straight goals. Replays are still necessary.

PS alt?:
how do you like your eggs?:

Im hopin this gets those creative juices flowin~
Also be wary of those attract scolipede teams, you'll know when you see it​

~~~

Postin it up for a new page in case any members didn't see or somethin
I think our team has a bit of a normal SPAM weakness. ;_;

Last edited:

Garlneil

Just to make sure I'm reading correctly. Are you saying we use 4 OUs and 2 non OU/BL or 2 OU and 4 non OU/BL?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Just to make sure I'm reading correctly. Are you saying we use 4 OUs and 2 non OU/BL or 2 OU and 4 non OU/BL?

4 OU's and 2 non-OU/BL's!

~~~

Oh and looks the round must be extended! All this time and not one suggestion? If anything, we may need a normal resist for this bulky team! Something like Banded Dodrio, Bouffallant and especially scrappy Stoutland may be able to break through our team via raw power. Or maybe suggest that defogger? melies Vullaby saves our butt from Cacturne and can take a hit or two.

The extension shall be go till September 29'th 12:00 AM CMT

Also im in talks with some members bout something new we can do! I think it's time we spice it up.

Not sure why this is a rule. It doesn't take any more effort to decipher the username and PS username (in fact, it takes less time to both write and read it that way) nor is anything gained from making him correct it besides lost time. I can understand the OU =/= Inverse thing, though. Maybe the lack of boldness may cause someone to look over it but you quoted it which means you acknowledged its existence just fine.

I use the search function to find all the forms in an effort to save time, I provided the form and specified in the rules of the tour that all forms must be used. I only saw his because it was below another form

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
I say lets push pass this normal stuff and go straight to the poison boss himself

muk_by_xous54.png

Muk @ Choice Band
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Shadow Sneak
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

This set lets us fire and destroy anybody that would be bad for our team and surprise pokemon like metang and the like. Muk can be use as a big hitter for our team which is great in the pu tier and could chunk out a lot of hp for a lot of pokemon

Dont judge me I just like Muk and its in a tier that it can shine in

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Miley Cyrus (Vullaby) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Alright since you scrubs apparently don't want a perfectly good Defogger that has pretty good synergy with our team, let's go with Pi's lesbian lover. With an Eviolite, Miley Cyrus takes hits like a prostitute and can let out "queef" noises in the form of Defog. Has amazing synergy with Grumpig and still has decent synergy with both Stunfisk and Tangela though Ice moves have now become a bit of an issue. Which isn't good since Rotom-Frost can Trick Audino/Grumpig, but we should still be fine with both the pig and cow on the team. Anyway, U-turn provides switch initiative and Foul Play hits strong physical attackers hard, deterring set up sweepers at the same time. Roost is self explanatory.

Last edited:

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
>not so ou challenge

God is Azelf not OU anymore

help I feel old

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
LOOKIE HERE

Sup, VObros! Currently I don't have much access to the internet atm so I can't make too big of posts, but the voting for round 5 begins NOW

The current two entrees are fortunately located a lil above so you don't have to go far lookin for them. They are the defensive defogger Vullaby and the hard hitter Muk. Both of which are reasonable and offer something our team may need whether it be a defogger or more offensive pressure.
Be sure to get your nonmewtwo votes in! ^^;

Voting for round 5 shall end on
October 2nd 12:00 PM

And ye Cryssy, time does fly huh?

Can't believe RBY was 42 years ago.....

Last edited:

BLUES.

Something else
voting for one of my all time gen 1 faves.

Kummuk

Zachmac

>not so ou challenge

God is Azelf not OU anymore

help I feel old
The team viewer completely destroyed the role of dedicated leads, so suicide leads like Azelf haven't been relevant since the release of gen 5.

Well, I guess completely destroyed is an understatement, but they're far more niche now. Most teams would rather put all 6 mon into something more useful than simple stealth rock set ups.

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Oh you mean overstatement! Though, there's been a team quite literally flying around the ladder right now that utilizes Azelfs lead rocking ways in an interesting way! I believe its a birdspam team that goes something like azelf/excadrill/manaphy/pinsir/talon/dnite

It got popularized cause I believe it tore through some smog tour? Back to the point though, azelf is pretty niche if you want pretty much guaranteed rocks due to its access to skill swap and taunt. It fits quite nicely on bare offense like that.

On another note, I should get net access tomorrow or next and ill deffo be droppin by the chat on one of those days. If any of you would like to battle, just shoot me message if I'm on cause I've gotta really mean battle itch, man, like MAN

If u see snorby, tell em I said hellooo
I'm still w8n for that hello back! <<

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.