• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
Pretty keen for a CCat because I am so rusty and can't think of the best things to use any more. So i'm looking for ideas.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
ANNOUNCEMENT

Oi everyone, as I said i'm gonna try out an assigning process to certain evens! Basically, you know how I usually write up CCATs, Challenges, and Tours? Well in the interest of stuff-to-do as i'm starting to not be around as much, I decided to assign certain members to these tasks! At least, for a bit! Testin it out, sorta. I thought about members and the things you do, and I chose who I chose based off activity, what they've done in the past, and proven effectiveness. Just cause I didn't choose you doesn't mean I don't trust you, there are others I considered hard and know for a fact would be exceptional for any one of these but I had to choose one and so I did! Allow me to go over them and why I chose em so you're not confused when they start postin their stuff!

512.png

AnakBaé = CCAT Co-Ordinator

I chose Anak partly cause he's part of the council, he also becomes very versed in any meta he takes an interest in if there's anything i've taken from battlin with em in the various tiers and tours we've had. With these things in mind, i'd decided he'd be quite fit for the role of CCAT Co-Ordinator!

EXTRR_D_Dragonite.jpg

Conquer Phoenix = Tourney Co-Ordinator

Also apart of the council, Conquer Phoenix has proven himself very dependable in just about everything he's been apart of. Challenges to tours especially, he's usually there and willing to try his best. He's also headed tours in the past here, joins all sorts of tours here and on Smogon even, and is an avid and very effective battler! So I know he knows how the touring process works as he's been apart of it a lot. These reasons are why I chose em as Tourney Co-Ordinator!

komala.png

Erron Black = Ladder Challenge Co-Ordinator

Lastly, it's Erron Black as the ladder chall dude! Erron ladders a lot, he's very usually laddering when I catch em in the chatroom so he's got a good point of reference when it comes to how hard a challenge can and needs to be. He's also proved very helpful as a verifyer for challs in the past as i'd run some of the challenges i'd post here through him just to see if there's anything i'd missed and he'd usually pick somethin up! His ideas are very usually something unique to so a Co-Ordinator for challenges he shall be!

~~~

These are the three i've chosen for these events! Any one of em could be subject to change for the moment in the case of them not being able to post. There's still one more i'm in the talks for so be on the look out for that! Most of what they post they'll have to PM it to me though so I can just look it over and make sure nothings missed so we don't have any confusion, but I don't expect much! They're all very usually so helpful and i've got great confidence in em! I'm hopin we can churn out more stuff to do at a faster pace this way so when they post somethin, try and get in on it, ye? Thanks so much for stickin around, dudes. It's almost our third anniversary, did you know? Here's hopin we're able to kickstart this comin new year with a buncha stuff to do!

CCAT soon, friends! Here's a quote for a new page.

Squirtlemasterr

What's everyone doing so far for post game? (If you've beaten it) Catchin' em all? EV training? Leveling your pokemon up? Battle tree?

I'm heavy in EV training and leveling up right now. Although it's hell. I havnt found a decent way to level up yet. I just wanna train a few decent pokemon to waste time in the battle tree till the bank opens. I wanna get all the items. But it takes so much BP. My in-game pokemon arent up to the task.

Zachmac

252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 168 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 156-185 (48.2 - 57.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Now that I'm trying out a defensive team, and I've finally realized how stupid Tapu Lele is now that my team isn't full of speedsters. I'm not calling for a quickban, but this thing needs a suspect at some point.
What's everyone doing so far for post game? (If you've beaten it) Catchin' em all? EV training? Leveling your pokemon up? Battle tree?
I'm trying to get my Festival Plaza rank up, then find a 5-Star Rare Kitchen for easy leveling. I hear that ideally, it's best to have two of them. I also hear that a 5-Star Treasure Hunt is fairly generous about giving out Bottle Caps.

I've already caught every Gen 7 pokemon aside from Pheromosa, Celesteela, and Lunala, but I'll probably end up renting a copy of Pokemon Moon to catch those after the Pokemon Bank opens up.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Tapu Lele's quite the driving force right now. Her scarf set is devastating and unless you're running a dark type, quad resist, or sp.def steel like Celesteel expect to get chunked by it. It's also a godsend for and against offense depending on your team as it neuters priority so relying on that is out of the question most of the time which is all why her scarf set is so nice as priority wont worry it. I wouldn't be surprised if she left the tier. Smoggys got so much on their plate, I'm guessin. That psychic terrain, dudes!

I'm tryin to complete the dex by catchin em all since I'm internetless again atm! Pelago and Plaza farming isn't so bad, got 3 bottle caps yesterday from it! Treasure hunts are fine and all but inverse type tests take up a fair bit of my ingame time now. xD
I just wish there was an option to tell Mohn to stop fiddling with beans while his family is in a crisis.

Hopin to trade with yall, chess-z, zachmac, ptz, zerogoki when I come back!

Last edited:

Squirtlemasterr

I just signed up for the Battle of Alola: Online Competition. I've got till the 14th to get some pokemon ready. they wont be 100% ready. But at least I can get them EV trained. I've only got a few to choose from. This is going to be a travesty lol. Lord help me.
Anyone else sign up?

Also. I just got a Pheramosa in Wonder trade. LOL WTF?!

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
hey peeps get prepped for the first gen 7 ladder chall soon, i'll be dropping it either later tonight or tomorrow

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
well just finished talking it over with the boss

meta asked me to do this and i said yes.

BDHM1_zpse4f44e6b.png

credits to Anakbae for art

HO HO HO CHALLENGE

Since it’s December and people like to do festive stuff like christmas decorating and getting drunk off of rum and eggnog we’re gonna do the BEST christmas activity ever. A red, white, and green ladder challenge.

Now what does this mean? It means your team must consist of Pokemon that are mostly red, white, and green, only i don’t wanna see no alolan persians or tapu kokos! Just to make things a little interesting-- we’re doing this regular OU. Yes, you read that right, no pokebank OU. The goal for this is simple! You need to hit 1330 elo on the OU ladder and bring me back three replays above 1330.

Rules

~ You must use a fresh alt. It can not have any prior battles within the tier we'll be doing this in. ~

~ This alt will be posted in the form below, I will check it to see if it is new, and then I will give you the go ahead if all checks out. ~

~ You can’t start till I give you the go ahead after you post the form, do not worry I'll try to be super quick in checking your alt. ~

~ This challenge will take place on Pokemon Showdowns ladder. Within the GEN 7 OU tier. ~

~ ALL of your battles must take place on the regular Gen 7 OU tier. We’re not gonna do Pokebank just in spirit of Pokebank not being compatible just yet! I’ll be kind enough to allow shiny colors to count as well… ~

That simple, alrighty? Beating this chall will reward you with a sharp 13 points! Make those teams look mighty festive and if you wanna get super festive you can use a delibird for one extra point. No more, no less. If you think 1330 with this chall is too difficult you can use one freebie poke, meaning one poke can be any color, and get to 1350 for the full 13 points. This means your replays must be above 1350 if you choose to do so.

tapu cocoa or komala coffee?:
PS Alt?:

P.S. If you aren’t sure as to what Pokemon qualify for this chall, go to Bulbapedia’s color dex HERE and all the Pokemon listed under red, white, and green all qualify as long as they are pre-bank. Here’s a list of ‘exception’ mons that also qualify:
[spoil]
Chansey
Blissey
Wigglytuff
Sylveon
Lurantis *Shiny*
Bewear
Bruxish *Shiny*
Machamp *Shiny*
Glalie
Probopass
Stoutland
Golisopod *Shiny*
Silvally
Togedemaru
Magearna
Tsareena
Decidueye
Lycanroc *Both forms*
Minior *Red and Green only*
Mamoswine
Dragonite *Shiny*
Snorlax
Honchkrow
Weavile
Toucannon
Salazzle *Shiny*
Pyukumuku *Shiny*
Xurkitree
Exeggutor
Sandslash *Alola*
Marowak *Alola*
Jolteon *Shiny*
Typhlosion *Shiny*
Pelipper
Archeops
Haxorus
Poliwrath *Shiny*
Tentacruel
Gyarados *Shiny*
Feraligatr
Azumarill
Masquerain *Shiny*
Salamence
Muk *Alola*
Garchomp
Gigalith
Hydreigon *Shiny*
Primarina
Vikavolt *Shiny*
Komala *Shiny*
[/spoil]

That's it, have fun with this and get creative!​

Here's my form:

tapu cocoa or komala coffee?: komala coffee!
ps alt: Santa Cosmog

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Probably should've mentioned this in the post but the chall will last 2 weeks, so after the 22nd, you will not be able to redeem the points, even if you completed it before then and post after. So make sure you get it done before then.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
tapu cocoa or komala coffee?: roserade tea
PS Alt?: Bury Tow

Kaiju37

tapu cocoa or komala coffee?: eeeh
PS Alt?: SupremeKaiju

Status
Not open for further replies.