• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Suggesting this

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt/Volt Switch

Despite their mutual fire weakness, Buzzswole and Magearna have pretty good synergy; Magearna resists psychic, fairy, and flying while Buzzswole resists ground. With an Assault Vest Magearna is one of the few viable checks to Tapu Lele and can cover for Buzzswole's abysmal special defense. Offensively Magearna can deal with several mons that wall Buzzswole such as Mega Sableye and Clefable. Fleur Cannon and Flash Cannon are obligatory STABs while Aura Sphere and Thunderbolt are for general coverage. I opted for Thunderbolt to be able to better deal with stuff like Toxapex and Skarmory, but Volt Switch can also be used for some nice switch initiative. 96 speed EVs lets Magearna outspeed max speed Adamant Alolan Marowak although I'm not too sure how useful that is. If anyone has any suggestions on what Magearna should/shouldn't speed creep, let me know.

Magearnas AV set seems to be her most consistent set, I'd say! Defensively, it pairs well with Buzzwole but that's not even fair to say cause by virtue of her typing, her defensive prowess is deffo palpable in most cases. As for speed tiers, her defining role is to take hits here so the more speed you run, the less she'll be able to. A slow volt switch to get things in is nice, but not too slow! 44 spe to defeat skarmory in a race could be just enough. However, luring and dispatching the universal check to so much; A-Wak is super appreciated! Especially since it very closely hard walls this Buzzwole set. If you're lookin to creep up on A-Wak though, you may wanna give it Shadow Ball to bonk it with.
Prolly over Aura Sphere as at the very least, you'll be hitting all steels neutrally. Also hits M-Gross harder!

IMO you should edit the explanation as to why it should be on the team, you know just to explain how it backs up Buzzwole and makes a good pair with it, but that's just me ^^^

As slappable on teams as lele is, itd be nice to hear what she can do and take out for Buzzwoles sake to, ye Conquer? "The specs set can definitely break through teams alongside buzzwole. Not only can she create an opening for Buzzwole via nuking the many poison/ground types that may trouble him she also..." The explanation rolls off the fingers afterwards! Though I do see your mentality in keeping up the lele train regardless of teammates as she is just soo good but we gotta explain our suggestions still!

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

What better way is there to say eff you to all the fire types these days? Who else but heatran. It isn't exactly relevant yet but it will one day soon, as in within the next 2 months, rise to the top of things that make fire types wish they didn't exist. Sadly talonflame got the biggest nerf the game has seen since the special/physical split and now is irrelevant outside of...NU, maybe, so there's gotta be something that can threaten bugs like the biggo juicing bug. That's where this comes in. HP rock and/or rockium z can be thrown on here for the good ol' bird to the ever powerful charizard Y and for a grand gimmick since it's nearly useless in every other scenario. That and stealth rock z gives it +1 defense...which really isn't gonna help it live those earthquakes out there. It's at least aided by buzzwole due to the fact that buzz can take anything exca wants to do, barring rock slide, and then scare it off with a fighting stab if it does in fact lack good ol' rock slide. Tapu Lele also risks switching into a flash cannon while magearna will have to fret fire blast, while marowak will have to be fearful of earf power.​

Erron Black

The Outlaw
just a reminder that the ladder chall ends in 2 days, be sure you get your replays in and all by then if you want the points! I'll repost the chall on the 21st with the members who completed it and qualify for the points.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Ooh a tourney, sweet.

Just bred up some level ball pikipek w/ EM's. Not really hard but Toucannon is fun. Too vanilla for a giveaway though. -w-
Icium-Z Kyu sounds really cool btw.

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
Alright the time has come folks for our first ever gen 7 tour

OK so the theme of the tournament is to use your gen 7 team that you beat the game with. There will be eight spots so please fill out the sign in sheet if you want in. Prizes very depending on what Meta wants to give out.

Rules
1. No legends of any kind
2. Must be six on six pokemon battle
3. You can only use berries and one z item on your team
4. Bo3
5 If your wifi cuts out you get one remake
6 Single battle rules

Username:
FC:

The tournament will start the day after sign ups are full.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
might as well try it out, i think i've got a decent enough team!

Username: Erron Black (Unless you mean IGN, then Zac)
FC: 3325-6380-7279

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Magearnas AV set seems to be her most consistent set, I'd say! Defensively, it pairs well with Buzzwole but that's not even fair to say cause by virtue of her typing, her defensive prowess is deffo palpable in most cases. As for speed tiers, her defining role is to take hits here so the more speed you run, the less she'll be able to. A slow volt switch to get things in is nice, but not too slow! 44 spe to defeat skarmory in a race could be just enough. However, luring and dispatching the universal check to so much; A-Wak is super appreciated! Especially since it very closely hard walls this Buzzwole set. If you're lookin to creep up on A-Wak though, you may wanna give it Shadow Ball to bonk it with.
Prolly over Aura Sphere as at the very least, you'll be hitting all steels neutrally. Also hits M-Gross harder!

I can see Shadow Ball being pretty useful although not having Aura Sphere to hit Steels (Ferrothorn, Heatran, etc) is kinda annoying. However, in terms of the team Buzzswole already covers those offensively so I guess I'll switch Aura Sphere for Shadow Ball.

Zachmac

New tourney, huh? Let's see what mons made my ingame team.

Gentle Decidueye
Hasty Muk
Timid Wishiwashi
Brave Vikavolt
Hasty Lycanroc
Mild Kommo-O

Hahahaha...no. My inner competitive snob will never forgive me if I compete with these guys. I guess that might be the whole point of this tourney, but I know some people actually look for good natures when playing through the main game and I'm not one of them.

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light

Gentle Decidueye
Hasty Muk
Timid Wishiwashi
Brave Vikavolt
Hasty Lycanroc
Mild Kommo-O

Hahahaha...no. My inner competitive snob will never forgive me if I compete with these guys. I guess that might be the whole point of this tourney, but I know some people actually look for good natures when playing through the main game and I'm not one of them.

You are good my pokemon have sucky abilities too so don't worry about that

Erron Black

The Outlaw

Gentle Decidueye
Hasty Muk
Timid Wishiwashi
Brave Vikavolt
Hasty Lycanroc
Mild Kommo-O

I've got decent natures on my in-game mons, but abilities? Ha... hahahaha...

Used zydog in game. Suppose that's a no for me. :(

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Inciniroar
Vikavolt
Tsareena
Oranguru
A-Dugtrio
Kommo-o

My team is OP.

Also, I have an idea for the upcoming Holiday event, no worries. Hope I'm here though to get it rollin, if not I'm still gonna get it done sometime someway! So close to dex completion to, I had almost no GTS help! Did the SOS chains, stones, item evos. From casting weather to stealing razor claws, it's almost complete. Just need cranidos, castform, and the tapus. One of which is in another game, and the other is so troublesome. -n-

I've not forgotten those of you who neeed point updates!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
My team was best are you heckin kidding

Primarina
Ribombee
Lycanroc Midnight
A-Marowak
Bewear
A-Sandslash

( ̄ー ̄)ゞ

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Bruce the Primarina
Toucan Sam the Toucannon
Tootsie the Tsareena
Claudia the Salazzle
Sable the Lycanroc-Midday
Darby the Mudsdale
(Marley the Kommo-o eventually took Toucan Sam's spot)

My team actually seems decent...

Kaiju37

Username: supremekaiju or Kaiju (sun or moon)
FC: 5258 0071 5820

edit: do we have to use the same nature's and abilities?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.