• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Username: supremekaiju or Kaiju (sun or moon)
FC: 5258 0071 5820

edit: do we have to use the same nature's and abilities?

It's not on Showdown, it's going to be on Wifi, so yes it'll be the exact same mons' in your S/M playthroughs.

Zachmac

Ah what the heck, I'll go ahead and sign up, but only if it's a flat battle because I don't want to train to Level 100.

Username: Zachmac
FC: 2724 3127 0521

I'm going to have to resist the urge to reset EVs or anything.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
What the FREAK, my team is the best! The best, I say!

Oh also I found a shiny caterpie in my SOS chain for a Castform, but no Castform.
A testament, probably. -n-

Nice to see everyone rarin for a tourney!

Arcos

Umbreon Master
Can't do the Gen 7 Tourney becuase I haven't beaten Sun yet or have a full concrete team yet hahah I'll def be playing a lot after the end of the semester (which ends on Thursday) :)

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

HOLIDAY PRESENTS THINGY

plpZDbLRp
ponAE4Lsp
pnHf2JdAp

Well hey would you lookie at that, 3 Delibirds have appeared to deliver presents to all who want for the Holidays! Isn't that nice? Present in the Pokemon world is a pretty wild move, you can attack your opponent for minimal damage, you can attack them for NICE damage, or you can actally straight up heal your opponent. It all varies, but it's a present nonetheless!

These three Delibird come from far away to deliver presents to us; VO! However, one of these Delibirds may have a NOT very nice present, yes. This present can be "devastating" towards you. This Delibird may be quite malicious, but the other 2 have nice presnts, yes, very nice! The one you choose is entirely up to you, and the gift shall be revealed a bit after the 25'th of this month! When everything settles down.
It's up to you to decide which one you want! You may only pick one, now, remember.

So
Pick a Delibird color and wait!

Are you man enough to take a Present?
Do you believe?​

AnakBaé

1DjRrfH.png

[SUB]7th Gen PokeBank OU CCAT: 2nd Round Nomination[/SUB]

Current Squad:
buzzwole.gif

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 196 HP / 188 Atk / 12 SpD / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Leech Life
- Thunder Punch

Nominations:

Suggesting the best Koko counter rn

marowak-alola.gif

A-Marowak @Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
-Flame Charge
-Flare Blitz
-Shadow Bone
-Bonemerang

Alright this set is my favorite set. Not only does this set ensure you outspeed the norm A-Marowak which allows you to OHKO with Shadow Bone, but Flame Charge also boosts your speed with each successful hit, after two Flame Charges, you should be able to outspeed most Pokemon in OU barring scarfs, Pheromosa, and a mega or two. Flame Charge also easily OHKOs Pheromosa and Kartana, A-Marowak also resists both their STAB moves which can make it a safe switch in to the two troublesome UBs. Thick Club is the go to item for A-Marowak, as it essentially gives it Huge/Pure Power. Lightning Rod allows us to completely counter Tapu Koko and Xurkitree, both of which can give Buzzwole some trouble if it's not behind Sub, especially with Koko. Few things can even safely switch in on Alolan Marowak, and those that do will still take a good amount of damage from it's moves. Few things actually counter and check Alolan Marowak very well like defensive Tapu Fini. Flare Blitz allows us to OHKO many things such as Magnezone, Megagross, Celesteela, Tapu Bulu, Buzzwole, and a few others. Shadow Bone is standard Ghost STAB and OHKOs Tapu Lele on the switch in and can 2HKO speedy Megagross, and like I said earlier with the EVs you can also revenge kill other Alolan Marowaks. Bonemerang is what allows us to take out Koko reliably without recoil damage, it also easily OHKOs Heatran w/o Air Balloon, and with it being a two hit move, also knocks out subs on some Pokes as well. We'll of course need a little more backbone to deal with bulky water types like Tapu Fini, Toxapex, and even Araquanid.

umm explain to me what happened on turn 10

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-499382030

Suggesting this

magearna.gif

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt/Volt Switch

Despite their mutual fire weakness, Buzzswole and Magearna have pretty good synergy; Magearna resists psychic, fairy, and flying while Buzzswole resists ground. With an Assault Vest Magearna is one of the few viable checks to Tapu Lele and can cover for Buzzswole's abysmal special defense. Offensively Magearna can deal with several mons that wall Buzzswole such as Mega Sableye and Clefable. Fleur Cannon and Flash Cannon are obligatory STABs while Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt are for general coverage. I opted for Thunderbolt to be able to better deal with stuff like Toxapex and Skarmory, but Volt Switch can also be used for some nice switch initiative. 96 speed EVs lets Magearna outspeed max speed Adamant Alolan Marowak although I'm not too sure how useful that is. If anyone has any suggestions on what Magearna should/shouldn't speed creep, let me know.

Alright let me put my set up
tapulele.gif

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

This monster has been gifted to use by GF himself to wreck havoc on anything that isn't chansey. Rocking choice specs and a modest nature Tapu lele takes down anything that is unequipped to take a stab psychic or moonblast. It outspeeds most hazard users like we have right now and can revenge kill if needed. With psychic surge boosting psychic or psyshock whatever you want on your set we have a huge spa attacker with his ability also stopping priority bullet punch would not be a problem for it. With agei out of the picture focus blast becomes a most along with hp fire to handle both scizor and heatran and celesteela that would normally counter or destroy it. We want modest nature for the extra power because we want to kill with it. Tapu Lele will be a wall breaker in ou as his ability not only helps its spa attack but boost one of its stabs this killer will be great on any team that just wants to deal dmg or kill.
Excuse my grammar lol​

I think that the 'looking for something to clear a way for Buzzwole' notion is incorrect.

Rather a sub punch set is not a sweeper. It is the thing that punches holes in the team to pave the way for another sweeper. I would instead be looking at what takes advantage of the lack of certain mons in its way to sweep. If we look at the set as posted. We still have issues with Garchomp, Mence, AloWak among other things. However it will lure and kill things like Quaggy, Skarm and Magearna. Keeping all of that in mind I think that a perfect offensive partner is a sweeper that hates the things we have started to take care of. So I present.

646-black.gif

Kyurem-B @ Icium-Z
Ability: Terravolt
EVs: 32 Att / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
~ Hail
~ Ice Beam
~ Fusion Bolt
~ Earth Power

Mixed Z-Hail Kyurem. This uses the standard coverage of wallbreaker Kyurem and couples it with the new access to a speed boost with Z-Hail to finally give it the ability to sweep instead of tear holes. Has brilliant coverage with the Buzzwole set, as they have common checks that Buzzwole will lure, allowing for Kyurem to sweep later in the game. The EVs are such that it will outspeed max LandoT that have the same level of boosts which the only notable speed tier outside the very rare Scarf Krookodile.

This allows for some extra points in Attack to make up for lack of Life Orb from last gen, and with Blizzard there is no dip in power. Earth Power easily deals with what it has to, namely AloWak and Magnezone who both fall prey to it.

Kyurem is an incredibly fun sweeper in the metagame and something I usually use defensively (due to its cool typing for specially defensive sets) and I am so happy it now has a sweeping set int he metagame. A better option than Weevil which is the other likely choice, mostly due to the fact that Kyurem can run a Tapu Lele for support whereas it stops Weavile from sweeping. And I am fairly sure that we are going to end up with one on the team, if only because it is a great hole puncher in its own right and is FOTM.

But yeah sweeper Kyurem, you heard it here first folks.

485.gif

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

What better way is there to say eff you to all the fire types these days? Who else but heatran. It isn't exactly relevant yet but it will one day soon, as in within the next 2 months, rise to the top of things that make fire types wish they didn't exist. Sadly talonflame got the biggest nerf the game has seen since the special/physical split and now is irrelevant outside of...NU, maybe, so there's gotta be something that can threaten bugs like the biggo juicing bug. That's where this comes in. HP rock and/or rockium z can be thrown on here for the good ol' bird to the ever powerful charizard Y and for a grand gimmick since it's nearly useless in every other scenario. That and stealth rock z gives it +1 defense...which really isn't gonna help it live those earthquakes out there. It's at least aided by buzzwole due to the fact that buzz can take anything exca wants to do, barring rock slide, and then scare it off with a fighting stab if it does in fact lack good ol' rock slide. Tapu Lele also risks switching into a flash cannon while magearna will have to fret fire blast, while marowak will have to be fearful of earf power.​

Voting for the 2nd nomination shall end on:
December 24th 5:00 pm UTC -8

Get em!

Last edited:
Z hail sounds fun. Voting for kyurem and picking green!

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
Imma vote for my baby, Kyu-B

EDIT: I actually think that after some testing Ice Beam is actually better than Blizzard even with the zHail, so can we change that if it goes in the team?

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

MetalSonic%20scizor%20banner%20png_zpsxqqleab6.png

VO ORAS OU Finale Tournament Bracket

F I N I T O

~~~

MELIEKPI
is the winner! After fighting off the grizzled Lugia-sama, feisty Arcos, and the worthy adversary Zerogoki in that order she has claimed the crown of victory in this Gen 6 Tour! Ah, Gen 6. What a wild ride, but now it's time to fully move onto the Gen 7 ride. Who knows, maybe we'll get back on Gen 6 later if that's what you dudes want. Congratulations, melie!

Thank you all for participating, it's really nice! Ive added your points accordingly. Let's hope these next tours get goin just as well!

All your points thus far from the events and battles have been added actually, everyone. If you have any troubles, do PM me.​

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
well just finished talking it over with the boss

meta asked me to do this and i said yes.

BDHM1_zpse4f44e6b.png

credits to Anakbae for art

HO HO HO CHALLENGE

Since it’s December and people like to do festive stuff like christmas decorating and getting drunk off of rum and eggnog we’re gonna do the BEST christmas activity ever. A red, white, and green ladder challenge.

Now what does this mean? It means your team must consist of Pokemon that are mostly red, white, and green, only i don’t wanna see no alolan persians or tapu kokos! Just to make things a little interesting-- we’re doing this regular OU. Yes, you read that right, no pokebank OU. The goal for this is simple! You need to hit 1330 elo on the OU ladder and bring me back three replays above 1330.

Rules

~ You must use a fresh alt. It can not have any prior battles within the tier we'll be doing this in. ~

~ This alt will be posted in the form below, I will check it to see if it is new, and then I will give you the go ahead if all checks out. ~

~ You can’t start till I give you the go ahead after you post the form, do not worry I'll try to be super quick in checking your alt. ~

~ This challenge will take place on Pokemon Showdowns ladder. Within the GEN 7 OU tier. ~

~ ALL of your battles must take place on the regular Gen 7 OU tier. We’re not gonna do Pokebank just in spirit of Pokebank not being compatible just yet! I’ll be kind enough to allow shiny colors to count as well… ~

That simple, alrighty? Beating this chall will reward you with a sharp 13 points! Make those teams look mighty festive and if you wanna get super festive you can use a delibird for one extra point. No more, no less. If you think 1330 with this chall is too difficult you can use one freebie poke, meaning one poke can be any color, and get to 1350 for the full 13 points. This means your replays must be above 1350 if you choose to do so.

tapu cocoa or komala coffee?:
PS Alt?:

P.S. If you aren’t sure as to what Pokemon qualify for this chall, go to Bulbapedia’s color dex HERE and all the Pokemon listed under red, white, and green all qualify as long as they are pre-bank. Here’s a list of ‘exception’ mons that also qualify:
[spoil]
Chansey
Blissey
Wigglytuff
Sylveon
Lurantis *Shiny*
Bewear
Bruxish *Shiny*
Machamp *Shiny*
Glalie
Probopass
Stoutland
Golisopod *Shiny*
Silvally
Togedemaru
Magearna
Tsareena
Decidueye
Lycanroc *Both forms*
Minior *Red and Green only*
Mamoswine
Dragonite *Shiny*
Snorlax
Honchkrow
Weavile
Toucannon
Salazzle *Shiny*
Pyukumuku *Shiny*
Xurkitree
Exeggutor
Sandslash *Alola*
Marowak *Alola*
Jolteon *Shiny*
Typhlosion *Shiny*
Pelipper
Archeops
Haxorus
Poliwrath *Shiny*
Tentacruel
Gyarados *Shiny*
Feraligatr
Azumarill
Masquerain *Shiny*
Salamence
Muk *Alola*
Garchomp
Gigalith
Hydreigon *Shiny*
Primarina
Vikavolt *Shiny*
Komala *Shiny*
[/spoil]

That's it, have fun with this and get creative!​

Here's my form:

tapu cocoa or komala coffee?: komala coffee!
ps alt: Santa Cosmog

Was going to post this yesterday, but I'll do it now!

The qualifiers for the full 13 points for completing the last Ladder Challenge of 2016 are--

Erron Black
Lugia-Sama
Kaiju37

Thanks to everyone else for participating, maybe next time you'll complete the chall, yeah? -w-

The next chall will be something fun, and expect it to drop around new years, be sure to bring a coat, cause it's gonna get chilly. ;-;7

Also just cause it's ice-type and bc crimas is soon

voting kyurem-b

Last edited:

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
I like kyub but voting tapu lele to be different

I'll also take whatever bird is gonna be the bad one...which will be none cuz miss optimism. Going Red

Arcos

Umbreon Master
I think Z hail is cool so I'll vote Kyurem-B but I also like the Lele set. Also picking up a nice blue Delibird :)

Status
Not open for further replies.