• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
They can delete our sub forums, but they'll never delete our S P I R I T.
Also you prolly mean the clan tour subforum!

Oki doki, ive gotten everyones ok! From war members and subs, it seems we're good to go! I'll just run it by TEF for certain and we'll see when they'll be ready! Oh, how exciting.

As for clan stuff, let's see...well we just finished a CCAT not so far ago...i'd say it's time for a new tier CCAT? But which one? Also, let's spice things up. Are we still interested in that ball combo fashion contest? CCATS are nice and all, but it wouldnt hurt to have another thing runnin alongside it to. Thanks dudes, for your sandwich tastes! Personally im more a PB&J person, but peanut butter is so punishing for the body so gotta limit. ;_;

Here's the updated war members list for anyone interested;

VOBanner11_zpsf112f6b6.png

credits to Anakbae for art

War Captain

In charge of our war team, this one will oversee most things war related.

~~~

MetalSonic

~~~

War Team Members

Our fiercest members. They will NOT flinch in the presence of our enemies.

~~~

Cryssy
meliekpi
Conquer Phoenix
Lugia-sama
EZ Target?

~~~~

Subs

If for any reason any member of our main war team cannot function, we will quickly sub one of these people in.

~~~

chess-z
BLUES.

If you'd like to be a sub, go ahead and PM me though. It's always nice to see more potential battlers!

OH AND

Today feels a bit different. I feel as if my authority is being challenged! I wonder what it is??
EDIT: LITERALLY CHECK THE FRONT PAGE AAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited:

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Today feels a bit different. I feel as if my authority is being challenged! I wonder what it is??
EDIT: LITERALLY CHECK THE FRONT PAGE AAAAAAAAAAAA

No **** that, gimme my points back

Also, UU might be stable enough to do a CCAT

Arcos

Umbreon Master
As temporary leader for April Fool's day I declare that Surskit shall be referred to as SkrtSkit. Also I think a UU CCAT would be cool because I haven't played UU this gen and would like to get into it! :)

chess-z

campy vampire
Since Staraptor and Azumarill are both out of the meta, I think now would be an excellent time to do UU.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
NICE
THE DAWN OF OUR FIRST 7TH GEN UU CCAT

1DjRrfH.png

Ok so it's a UU CCAT then! The rules are simple, as you all know, you suggest a Pokemon to build around and we start it off with that Pokemon should it be voted upon! The tier we build around is Smogon UU so familiarize yourself with it before a suggest if you'd like.

SuMo UU Teambuilding Reference

SuMo UU Viability Rankings

UU's seen quite a bit of change since last gen, i've heard. Old OU staples like Keld, Lati, and Bishie have taken residence there. Those of you who played a bit of Gen 6 might feel familiar with the top mons here, but do realize this is still a totally different tier and time! The first mon can easily be the most crucial so let's see what you dudes come up with. All I ask is that you explain the mon well, more then 3 sentences please! ^^;

First mon suggesting shall end on
April 6'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

Last edited:

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Nominating my lil pony

Keldeo-Resolute @ Normalium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hyper Beam

Keldeo was amazing in OU and it's pretty great in UU as well. Scald and Secret Sword are standard STAB moves while Calm Mind allows Keldeo to act as both a wallbreaker and a win condition. Normalium Z boosted Hyper Beam is for luring mons that could normally check/counter Keldeo such as Amoonguss, Primarina, Mew, etc. This set was actually running around in OU at some point and it was mainly used to lure Tapu Fini for stuff like Ash Ninja. That same concept can be applied here with our other team members. Keldeo also serves as a check to several common threats such as Bisharp and Scizor.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

SuMo UU CCAT

keldeo-resolute.gif

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hyper Beam

Keldeo was amazing in OU and it's pretty great in UU as well. Scald and Secret Sword are standard STAB moves while Calm Mind allows Keldeo to act as both a wallbreaker and a win condition. Normalium Z boosted Hyper Beam is for luring mons that could normally check/counter Keldeo such as Amoonguss, Primarina, Mew, etc. This set was actually running around in OU at some point and it was mainly used to lure Tapu Fini for stuff like Ash Ninja. That same concept can be applied here with our other team members. Keldeo also serves as a check to several common threats such as Bisharp and Scizor.

Aha! There it is! Our first mon without so much a word of contest! Understandable, I mean, Keldeo is without a doubt a very driving force in UU. Checking some of the tiers most prominent threats with its typing and a strong 129 SpA on top of being able to run various sets from choice, CM, to even Endeavor sets. Keldeo is not without its enemies though. Immediately what come to mind are Latias and Starmie whom easily dispatch Keldeo before it can get it a hit with their respective Psychic STABs. Jellicent gets a special mention for being immune to everything Keld has to offer. These three are prime on the list of things we should prep for as well other simply faster revenge killers such as the ubiquitous Aerodactyl, Raikou, Crobat, and certain Scarfers. This set plays on Keldeo as a lure, a CM can even help it to live a hit so it may accomplish a kill against certain mons such as the aforementioned Raikou should it be important. The truly kicking thing about this set is what Lugia described; its ability to lure in mons that would usually take a +1 attack and weaken them severely if not outright KO them. We gotta build around that and compliment Keldeos ability to weaken severely common Keld switch ins like phys Amoongus, Tent, Celebi, Primarina, and Slowbro. All of these mons are pretty common! All of em'll hate taking a +1 Breakneck Blitz, and that we can deff take advantage of with the proper team support. So let's get to buildin another great team, VObros!

SM UU Viability Rankings

SM UU Teambuilding Reference

You know how to do it, dudes! Suggest a partner for Keldeo and let's get crackin. Evaluate Keldeos strengths, flaws, and what it can and can't do. This Keldeo functions as a wallbreaker as well as a lure. Well it can also sweep to, but it'll usually make its mark by busting through something first. A mon that appreciates the aforementioned Keldeo checks/counters go or weakened can be a good teammate since +1 B-Blitz really hurts. Or maybe a rocker to turn those 2HKO into OHKOs? Or maybe something to get rid of those faster offensive mons that burden Keld before it can get a shot in? There are quite a few of them up there in the viability rankings. As well as lower to! Whatever the case, it's your turn to decide with the second teammate! Into UU we go. -w-

Second Teammate nominations shall end on
April 9'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

Remember now, if you wanna get in on this but you're not sure of what to even suggest, check the compendium linked above. It's a pretty good reference that keeps track of which mons can fufill what roles in the meta. Viabilities can help to, to see which mons we're gonna see more of, but please don't think we're not gonna see those lower ranked mons every now and again. With that in mind, get to suggesting. CCAT'n time!​

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Apparently Marshadow will be released sometime after the new pokemon movie comes out
I don't think it'll stay OU but maybe

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Also a bunch of mega stones got released, it looks. Still no Gardevoirite...
Code is INTIMIDATE in mystery gift though, I think you get like 4 stones.

There's also a whole bunch of cool OU tours going down atm! There's a competitive renaissance going down and we're sleepin on it! >.<
Well, nicks joined a few! Cmon dudes, show em what you're made of! I'll prolly join one so should yooouuu~

All these UU wanters but only one suggestion for the CCAT? A buncha onlookers, huh? Quit onlookin and get to battlin and suggestin!

krookodile.gif

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Krookodile can act as a revenge killer as well as a trapper of prime Keld switch ins such as Lati, Starmie, and Jellicent. Intimidate is a not a mispaste, it's just Krooks not sweeping with its STABs due to their poor coverage within the UU tier when choice locked, and also, Intimidate helps it to come in much more easily on certain mons. He also acts as an Electric deterrer so Raikou can't be cheeky against Keld. Stone Edge is particularly for flyers such as Aero, Crobat, and Togekiss especially. Knock Off spam can be pretty helpful to knock off lefties early game so that Keld can have a better shot at breaking through things that rely on them for recovery. It is for these reasons I believe Krook pairs well with Keld, Keld even helps to break through common Krook switch ins like Hippo, Gliscor, Forretress, and Swampert. Moxie can actually be used, if that's what you'd truly like, but Intimidate does help it to come in easier on certain mons as mentioned above. The main goal of this Krook is to apply offensive pressure with its scarf, item knocking capabilities, and high powered STABs as well as trap Keldeo switch ins so Keldeo can function. There is a certain risk to using a scarfed Pursuiter as you may all be aware of, so do trap only if you feel the opp is deffo gonna switch. They're a nice beginning to offensive core, to be sure.​

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
Marshadow breaks meta lol. Now it wont be ou for long or at all Anak had to show me the stats to see that pokemon cant be ou. Mega stones we need all of them out.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sableye-Mega in Electric Terrain: 138-163 (45.3 - 53.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Those T-Punch Cham+Koko Teams shall be all the rage. How can stall even compete? Better start packing Cofag again!

Imagine if Marshadow got Disguise.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Nominating

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Pairs well with Keldeo, it appreciates Keldeo luring faries, beating Empoleon, destroying Blissey, etc and can revenge stuff that threaten Keldeo like Starmie, Jellicent, Latias, and Decidueye. It can check common threats like Raikou and Mega Sharpedo if it doesn't have Ice Fang, I think they usually run Psychic Fangs instead now. Draco Meteor and Dark Pulse are STABs, Fire Blast is for general coverage and hitting steels like Klefki and Cobalion, and U-turn provides some nice switch initiative.

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
I am shooting my vote for

_036_clefable_by_kuitsuku-d95039d.png

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Alright so since its fall from OU clefable has found a stable home in uu where it is top tier among the many list of pokemon. Same set as in ou but this time we cover some weakness for keldeo. Its bulk can stop many physical attackers and helps us stop and disable ;) (pun work) latias aero and help keldeo with taking out threats that would beat it. Now calm mind and moon blast to very good moves in this tier with sharp and krok running around knocking off anything on anybody. Magic guard helps us come in to toxic spikes and sr and soft boiled keeps it in the game longer.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
SuMo UU CCAT
SECOND MEMBER VOTIN

krookodile.gif

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Krookodile can act as a revenge killer as well as a trapper of prime Keld switch ins such as Lati, Starmie, and Jellicent. Intimidate is a not a mispaste, it's just Krooks not sweeping with its STABs due to their poor coverage within the UU tier when choice locked, and also, Intimidate helps it to come in much more easily on certain mons. He also acts as an Electric deterrer so Raikou can't be cheeky against Keld. Stone Edge is particularly for flyers such as Aero, Crobat, and Togekiss especially. Knock Off spam can be pretty helpful to knock off lefties early game so that Keld can have a better shot at breaking through things that rely on them for recovery. It is for these reasons I believe Krook pairs well with Keld, Keld even helps to break through common Krook switch ins like Hippo, Gliscor, Forretress, and Swampert. Moxie can actually be used, if that's what you'd truly like, but Intimidate does help it to come in easier on certain mons as mentioned above. The main goal of this Krook is to apply offensive pressure with its scarf, item knocking capabilities, and high powered STABs as well as trap Keldeo switch ins so Keldeo can function. There is a certain risk to using a scarfed Pursuiter as you may all be aware of, so do trap only if you feel the opp is deffo gonna switch. They're a nice beginning to offensive core, to be sure.
hydreigon.gif

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Pairs well with Keldeo, it appreciates Keldeo luring faries, beating Empoleon, destroying Blissey, etc and can revenge stuff that threaten Keldeo like Starmie, Jellicent, Latias, and Decidueye. It can check common threats like Raikou and Mega Sharpedo if it doesn't have Ice Fang, I think they usually run Psychic Fangs instead now. Draco Meteor and Dark Pulse are STABs, Fire Blast is for general coverage and hitting steels like Klefki and Cobalion, and U-turn provides some nice switch initiative.

clefable.gif

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Alright so since its fall from OU clefable has found a stable home in uu where it is top tier among the many list of pokemon. Same set as in ou but this time we cover some weakness for keldeo. Its bulk can stop many physical attackers and helps us stop and disable ;) (pun work) latias aero and help keldeo with taking out threats that would beat it. Now calm mind and moon blast to very good moves in this tier with sharp and krok running around knocking off anything on anybody. Magic guard helps us come in to toxic spikes and sr and soft boiled keeps it in the game longer.

Here they are; the three choices for our second member!

SM UU Viability Rankings

SM UU Teambuilding Reference

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hyper Beam

We've got ourselves a trapper/revenge killer, and a specially based revenger whom can get our mons in safely with U-Turn. Both appreicate Keldeos ability to do away with their checks and counters and vice versa. Lastly, we have Clefable. Who also appreciates Keldeos ability to check things like Bish and Zor and adds a bit more defensive utility. A little dual CM core they'd create! T-Wave is especially cool to slow down mons that outspeed Keldeo and the rest of the potential team.

Still though, just one can be chosen for second team member! All three are great picks.

Voting for second team member shall end on
April 13'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

Cast a vote, will u??​

Status
Not open for further replies.