• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Please be advised that VO has been cursed.

Sh*tposting your way out of this will only make things worse.

windwakemeup

Bee Prince
Welcome! Thanks for joinin up, you look like you're quite fond of the slight bee motif to so I think you'll fit right in! If you'd like a test battle to launch out of Default, just ask any of the war team, council, or I and we'll bee glad to help. You'll receive a link to our chat shortly

Thank you! At some point I'll take someone up for the test battle, just been super busy this weekend. Thank you for letting me join!

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Busy's been me as well lately, but don't worry, you can get it done anytime!

Votin Ninetales

busy as a bee

Manaphy, Scolipede, and Salamence dropped to UU
time for some crazy ****

Krim

PO/PS Name?: Mr. Prince
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: N/A
Why do you want to join?: I'm really into competitive battling and I've always liked the idea of clans (guilds).
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: Been a while, I don't know what these are haha.
Battling Experience?: Playing from 4th through a little bit of 6th gen, but I took a long break. I'm just getting back into it.
Referrer?: N/A

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
.....they quickbanned it

i mean it was bl last gen without z rain dance what did you expect

ampharosite altarinite lati@site diancite released boiiis let's go

changing ccat vote to tangrowth to break tie

Last edited:

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
WE HAVE BEEN FREED FROM THE BEAST'S CURSE

With the influx of new megas, why don't we start the ccat from scratch and build around mega latias or mega diancie?

Also The Battlefield is back, join up.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
PO/PS Name?: Mr. Prince
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: N/A
Why do you want to join?: I'm really into competitive battling and I've always liked the idea of clans (guilds).
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: Been a while, I don't know what these are haha.
Battling Experience?: Playing from 4th through a little bit of 6th gen, but I took a long break. I'm just getting back into it.
Referrer?: N/A

Welcome! Sorry for the wait, you'll receive a link to our chat shortly and if you'd like to launch out of default rank, just let the war team, council, or I know and we'll set you up with a test battle. We sure are getting a lotta princes lately, what does it mean?

Please be advised that VO has been cursed.

Sh*tposting your way out of this will only make things worse.

PLEASE NO CURSING
put a quarter in the curse jar please

WE HAVE BEEN FREED FROM THE BEAST'S CURSE

With the influx of new megas, why don't we start the ccat from scratch and build around mega latias or mega diancie?

Also The Battlefield is back, join up.

AND ANOTHER QUARTER
Now this is some pretty peculiar timing for the stones to be released but we've already started! Next OU CCAT sounds nice if they're still on your interests though. Maybe we'll see more more Jirachi/Scizor on teams with those two about, so we'll have to prep well. I think Diancie will be fun to use again. Especially with its Diamond Storm boosts!

ALSO, anyone who joins this tour shall receive points! Not immediately though, that'd be too easy. ^^ 2 points for each round you progress in. So just win a round and you're already a winner.

~~~

VO OU SuMo CCAT
Round 3 Nominatin

pqBOUv6.gif

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sandstreamer
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SpDef
Jolliest Nature
- Dancing Dragon
- Ice Punchies
- Fire Punchies
- Stone'd Edges

The king of the Pocket Monsters has arrived! This "hit DD now" mon plows through unexpecting teams at early stages in the match or even late game. Hitting those fairy types that are expecting a Munchies (Crunch) with a powerful Stoned Edge :L And let's not forget. After one DD, this Godzilla look-a-like, wreaks havoc on the citizens of Tokyo mons of the Pokiverse. Fire and Ice Punchies make good coverage for the spammable Steel types and Lando users.

So what do ya say? How about voting for Team Zilla uh I mean Tyranitar!

tangrowth.gif

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Tangrowth got a lot more viable this generation because of its ability to check common threats like Tapu Koko, non Fly Lando, Zygarde, and most water types such as Ash Ninja, Keldeo, and Tapu Fini; many of which are especially threatening to MTtar and can prevent it from sweeping. It's special defensive is rather low but an AV and max investment makes up for that somewhat, at least enough for it to check what it needs to check. Regenerator keeps it healthy and is a major factor in making it viable. Giga Drain is mandatory STAB while providing some recovery on the side. HP Ice is needed in order to get some nice supereffective damage off on Lando, Garchomp, and Zygarde. Knock Off helps against bulkier teams by getting rid of items like Lefties and Eviolite. EQ is useful for its ability to hit Steel types like Magnezone, Heatran, and Magearna.

There was a bit of a tie for a while, but it managed to be broken by the end and it saw that Tangrowth was our victor! A solid mon for the reasons mentioned above, but in case you didn't know it is an exponential damage sponge that can continuously do so due to its ability. It does appreciate the removal of things like M-Zor, Marowak-Alola, Ferrothorn, Celesteela, Torn-T and Venusaur-Mega which T-Tar can do for some of them, but not before its boosted so it's a shaky check to them at best. While T-Growth does have a bit of power behind his attacks, they're still uninvested hits so it may find itself set up fodder for the likes of Magearna, Volcarona, Scizor and the like so do play with that in mind when you see them on the field. The item on this guy is pretty pivotal to so be sure not to lose it too soon a wild Knock Off as well!

Ok then! It's time for a third party member. There's a whole slew of things to take into account, but don't let that deter you, think it up, write it up, and post it up. You can do it. -w-

AS ALWAYS;

If you're STILL a lil unsure about how "viable" a mon is, go ahead and check here!

OU Viability Rankings

AND If you're minds on just what the mon you're thinking about is capable of, check here! It's a good reference point to as to what a mon is usually doin in the tier.

OU Pokemon Roles

Third Mon Nominatin shall end on
August 13'th 3:00 PM UTC -6

Last edited:

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
PLEASE NO CURSING
put a quarter in the curse jar please

AND ANOTHER QUARTER

[IMGsize=300]https://yt3.ggpht.com/-WIc-_fQZO1k/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/Yy0NEsQfxa0/s900-c-k-no-mo-rj-c0xffffff/photo.jpg[/IMGsize]
[IMGsize=300]http://packagingoptionsdirect.com/content/images/thumbs/0000087_1-gallon-clear-glass-jar-round-110-405-neck-finish.jpeg[/IMGsize]
if u read
this ur gay

250px-151Mew.png

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Landorus will still give us trouble since most run Supersonic Skystrike, so here's a check. EVs to outspeed Landorus and burn it. Psychic for consistent damage, Softboiled for ez recovery and Stealth Rock to net those KO's with Tyranitar.​

e: kms

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
[IMGsize=300]https://yt3.ggpht.com/-WIc-_fQZO1k/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/Yy0NEsQfxa0/s900-c-k-no-mo-rj-c0xffffff/photo.jpg[/IMGsize]
[IMGsize=300]http://packagingoptionsdirect.com/content/images/thumbs/0000087_1-gallon-clear-glass-jar-round-110-405-neck-finish.jpeg[/IMGsize]
if u read
this ur gay

250px-151Mew.png

Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock / Defog

Landorus will still give us trouble since most run Supersonic Skystrike, so here's a check. EVs to outspeed Landorus and either burn it or knock it out with Ice Beam. Taunt is also useful to mess with Stall, and the choice between Defog or Stealth Rock depends on how the team looks later.​

Mew's really cool, especially to give us a much more solid switch in to Medicham-Mega should we decide to commit to this balance build, but while the EV's do outspeed Lando-T I believe Psychic would be a more solid option as our sole attacking move. Mainly because it pressures things like Venu and Toxapex whom find themselves annoying both Growth and T-Tar time and time again. We'll also burn those Lando's before they can touch us and Ice Beam is moreso meant to keep sp.def Zygardes from setting up, but HP Ice from Growth already covers that. Also Will-O covers that to.

Oh and i'll have a challenge up shortly, it may be named wrong but you'll know what I mean!

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I won't have anyone harshly condemning others over their preferences in this clan. Especially if these preferences don't affect you directly in any tangible way. I've just had to remove a member because of this. I tried reasoning with you via private message but your insistence on vulgarity towards me and the subject spoken about let me know you weren't even trying to alleviate the situation. You know who you are, you're not allowed to post in this thread anymore because of these things.

Playing and teasing others is one thing, but if you're unable to hold your fingers in regards to something you may not like and wish to express these feelings in nothing but a deconstructive matter then please say nothing at all. Gotta treat each other with respect!

Last edited:

00swms

Chaos Theory
Rank?: Egg Rank
Oppnents Serebii name?: Chess-Z
Win or Lose?: Won
Score?: 2-0 and 5-0
Your current won battle total?: 2?
How did u feel about it?: GG <3

-00swms

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
points added!

VO OU SuMo CCAT
Round 4 Nominatin

pqBOUv6.gif

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sandstreamer
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SpDef
Jolliest Nature
- Dancing Dragon
- Ice Punchies
- Fire Punchies
- Stone'd Edges

The king of the Pocket Monsters has arrived! This "hit DD now" mon plows through unexpecting teams at early stages in the match or even late game. Hitting those fairy types that are expecting a Munchies (Crunch) with a powerful Stoned Edge :L And let's not forget. After one DD, this Godzilla look-a-like, wreaks havoc on the citizens of Tokyo mons of the Pokiverse. Fire and Ice Punchies make good coverage for the spammable Steel types and Lando users.

So what do ya say? How about voting for Team Zilla uh I mean Tyranitar!

tangrowth.gif

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Tangrowth got a lot more viable this generation because of its ability to check common threats like Tapu Koko, non Fly Lando, Zygarde, and most water types such as Ash Ninja, Keldeo, and Tapu Fini; many of which are especially threatening to MTtar and can prevent it from sweeping. It's special defensive is rather low but an AV and max investment makes up for that somewhat, at least enough for it to check what it needs to check. Regenerator keeps it healthy and is a major factor in making it viable. Giga Drain is mandatory STAB while providing some recovery on the side. HP Ice is needed in order to get some nice supereffective damage off on Lando, Garchomp, and Zygarde. Knock Off helps against bulkier teams by getting rid of items like Lefties and Eviolite. EQ is useful for its ability to hit Steel types like Magnezone, Heatran, and Magearna.

mew.gif

Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Landorus will still give us trouble since most run Supersonic Skystrike, so here's a check. EVs to outspeed Landorus and burn it. Psychic for consistent damage, Softboiled for ez recovery and Stealth Rock to net those KO's with Tyranitar.

Looks like we're headin towards balance! Balance is kinda tricky go about in such a hostile meta, but here we go! Or maybe i'm wrong and you guys've got something crazy in mind. -w-

Mew's our newest addition to the team. It's natural bulk and speed tier has made it a break-out mon in this tier as it does manage to avoid the 2HKO from certain wallbreakers like Medichams HJK, Zygardes Banded Thousand Arrows after lefties, and can act as a fast crippler to aforementioned Lando-T. These 3 mons do love to scare our first two mons with their coverage, so it's nice to have this kind of insurance against em. Pokémon that threaten this Mew immediately such as Greninjas specs Dark Pulse are scared to do so as it may find itself set up fodder for T-Tar or soaked up by Tangrowth leaving them forced to go for flinch or risk their ninja if they predict wrong. However, do always play cautiously, a little lost momentum is better then a dead Mew in the early game usually! While this Mew is bulky, the trade for speed means it can't quite stand up to hits that're TOO boosted from a mon that can outspeed it still. So it may find itself overwhelmed quite quickly. Keep it healthy for the things it should be takin on, don't over exert it just cause it's a Mew! We've got a decent defensive backbone here, but maybe it's time for some offensive mons to help keep things low for T-Tar or that can have their own sweepin time, or that can just plain help keep check against other offensive mons! You might have something in mind.

AS ALWAYS;

If you're still a lil unsure FOR WHATEVER REASNO about how "viable" a mon is, go ahead and check here!

OU Viability Rankings

ALSO If you're noggins joggin in regards to just what the mon you're thinking about is capable of, check here! It's a good reference point to as to what a mon is usually doin in the tier.

OU Pokemon Roles

Fourth Mon Nominatin shall end on
August 16'th 3:00 PM UTC -6

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Nominating this

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Rounds out the defensive backbone by providing our team with a ground immunity, a Tapu Lele check, and a Flying spam check. It has good synergy with Tangrowth by taking on Flying type moves while Tangrowth takes on Electric type moves and Thousand Arrows. Leech Seed is for semi-reliable recovery and being a general annoyance. Protect helps rack up Lefties and Leech Seed recovery while also scouting for moves. Heavy Slam does a reasonable amount of damage even without Attack EVs because of STAB and Celesteela's more than ladylike weight. Flamethrower hits Steel types such as Skarmory, opposing Celesteela, Ferrothorn, and Scizor. The EV spread avoids the 2HKO from Specs Lele's HP Fire and Psychic Terrain boosted Psychic.

Status
Not open for further replies.