1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Veneno Oscuridad

Discussion in 'Pokémon Guilds' started by MetalSonic, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetalSonic

MetalSonic Orderan' Defendan'

CCAT TIER
    VOTAN

Ok, it's time for the votin! Two tiers, sorry rox, but we're not that kinda comp mons just yet. ^^;

NU
    PU

These two are the tiers we've got on the menu. One can be chosen, but both seem very fun with a lotta interesting mons in em. As is the nature of these tiers, there's plenty of underrated bros to be found in these tiers so you might wanna have one in mind for the tier you choose so you can suggest it if you want.

Votin for the tier for our new CCAT shall end on
    September 19'th 4:00 PM UTC -6

~~~

SuMo RU CCAT
    CHALL

Haha, you thought it wouldnt happen but here it is!

The rules are simple;

1. Get to an ELO of 1200 on the S/M RU ladder
    2. Retrieve 3 replays of you doing so, one of these replays must be of you reachin the 1200 ELO with the team.
    3. Use a fresh alt, of course! Post it and i'll verify it. Dont start till I verify.
    4. Sign the form.
    5. hab funaagasdsdh

PS alt?
    Pokemon Gold or Silver? (Crystal need not apply):

5 Points
    and
    A Free Pokemon from Hatchery

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-632950702
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-632954217
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-632952996
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-632961395

That's 4 cause one of em, the rank didnt show, but 3's the key. I did it in a jiffy luckily, the teams a lil susceptible to batterings from certain types like Psychics and stuff, especially offensive ones, but most of those can be scared off by Durant. As mick stated, it is a bit slow, so if you can find something to viably change up, go ahead and share!

Alrighty, all, vote and ladder if you wanna! I cant wait till Gold and Silver comes out. I think it comes with free Celebi if you pre-order or somethin but i cant remember...

anywho, good luck, stay safe and stay hydrated, VObros!​

~~~

also
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...scape-myself-arena-trap-banned.3613890/page-6

AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  2. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

PS alt?: HickDunter
    Pokemon Gold or Silver? (Crystal need not apply): platinum

also voting NU

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  3. MetalSonic

YES
    biga biga

4. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  5. MetalSonic

I do think you may end up missin that Defog! Unless the Honchkrow has it? Also, whats the spread on that Krow?

6. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

I was using Moxie Krow, but yeah I was missing Defog big time so I swapped it to a SpDef set with Fog/Roost/BBird/Sucker and Lefties. Gonna see how that rolls.

Seemed to work very well. Challenge completed.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-633444288

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  7. MetalSonic

RANK-UPS

[​IMG]

OOH LOOKIE AT THIS
    A LEGENDARY RANK UP

[​IMG]
    Erron Black

Is the lucky lad with the Rank-Up! Well not so much lucky, but earned it via skill and tenacity at 140 points! It does take quite a bit of work to get to Rank 7 so thanks so much for stickin it out and climbin the climb. ^^

[​IMG]

^^^

[​IMG]

Congratulations!

Keep it up, everyone! Never waver, even in the face of uncertainty.
    Also, you get a free Pokemon to! Uhh anyone in particular you want from the Hatchery?
    also votin NU, sounds and looks fun.​

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  8. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

Hey I'm the cooler Gen 5 bug now neato

9. MetalSonic

VO NU CCAT
    FIRST MON NOMINATIN

Aaaallrighty, it's the tier of Pokemon that are never used! Except they are.
    Yes, it's NU for our next CCAT! With odd threats like Vanilluxe, old but upcoming ones like Tauros, and all sorts of interesting mons that you probably havent used competitively in a good while, it certaintly is an interesting tier.

People do play this tier though so it must have somethin to it! So let's find out that somethin by buildin a team for it, yeah?

With that being said;

Smogon NU Viability Thread

Smogon NU Role Compendium

Here's the proper links for mons in the tier and what they do specifically. If you're interested in a mon, look it up, get a nice set goin on, and post it so it has a shot at being built around! Remember, this is the mon that kicks the whole thing off so always remember to suggest your Pokemon well and elaborate on its role and how to support it.

First Mon Nominatin shall end on
    September 22'nd 12:00 PM UTC -6

10. Conquer Phoenix

Conquer Phoenix Falling Light

PS alt? Why Zero Why
    Pokemon Gold or Silver? (Crystal need not apply):Gold :) even though crystal was my thing

11. MetalSonic

you're cool

12. windwakemeup

windwakemeup Bee Prince

"Is your *** grass? Because my Pokemon's going to MOW IT!"

[​IMG]

They See Me Mowin' (Rotom-Mow) @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Ability: Levitate
    Level: 100
    Shiny: Yes
    Timid Nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Leaf Storm
    - Thunderbolt
    - Signal Beam

When I saw Rotom-Mow was in SM NU, I just knew I had to suggest him in our team. Just look at him, he's so happy he gets a chance to be on the team!

The set is a pretty standard special sweep set, but it should be pretty effective. Volt Switch allows us to nope the heck out of situations as well as get some damage in, Leaf Storm is a good grass STAB, making ground types fear to switch into this thing. Thunderbolt is another electric STAB but it's got a bit more of a kick. Signal Beam is super-effective on some of the grass and psychic pokemon in NU.

You could also run Trick to stop some setup walls + Whimsicott from pulling anything silly on you, but you have to be careful because then you loose the boosts from your Scarf. I kind of prefer the special sweep more than the Trick set personally.

Some of the dragons in NU might wall it due to it not really being able to hurt them too much, and Houndoom burns it up really quickly, so that's stuff we'll have to look out for and build around.

(Hopefully this is a good first set for y'all!)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  13. MetalSonic

[​IMG]
    Mismagius @ Rockium Z
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Shadow Ball
    - Power Gem
    - Dazzling Gleam

Lure sets are always fun, and it is getting to that scary time of the year so a ghost sounds fitting. It's Rockium-Z Mismagius! A simple set, you just set up a Nasty Plot and sweep at the opportune moment. Shadow Ball is fitting for STAB, Dazzling Gleam is so certain mons like Scrafty and Guzzlord can be hit hard enough and the kicker is Rockium-Z, which lures in certain mons that may think they can take a hit. Such mons include Braviary, Golbat, Crogonal, Vikavolt, and sometimes Incineroar and Houndoom. With these mons lured and out of the way, we can pave the way for other teammates that would appreciate their presence not being felt anymore. Rockium-Z doesnt even have to be used, sometimes the coverage and power from a regular old Power Gem is enough, so its nice to have. Then we save the big hit for something else! Mismagius enjoys things out of the way that may look to take her out quicker then she can act, fast things like Sneasel, Frosslass, Sucker Priority and scarfers all can prey on Miss' often unfortunate defense. So we'll have to play around those more often then not, once they're out of the way, there's not much that can stomach +2 hits from this ghost. Well, except certain bulky mons, there's a plethora but most arent built to take many hits from a boosted missy so she should be good with the team support needed to weaken them in general!

14. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

[​IMG]
    Minior @White Herb
    Ability: Shields Down
    EVs: 244 Att / 252 Spe / 12 HP
    Adamant Nature
    -Shell Smash
    -Substitute
    -Acrobatics
    -Earthquake

Now Minior is on the lower end of the viability rankings in NU, but that doesn't mean you should underestimate it's power! See-- Minior is an EXCELLENT late game sweeper as it has one of the BEST Shell Smash sets in the game with STAB Acrobatics. It also has a great ability to do this with as it's base 60/100/100 defenses is usually enough to let it survive a hit and set up smash, which Shields Down should then activate giving you base 100/100 attack and spatk with a solid 110 speed. Oh did I mention that it can't be STATUSED at all while in meteor form? With Shell Smash set up, Minior can absolutely wipe your opponent's team once it's checks and counters like Slowbro, Steelix, Seismitoad, and Uxie are out of the picture. Now moving on to the actual set:
    -EVs in Attack and Speed to maximize offensive potential.
    -Adamant over Jolly to ensure you have the full power under Shell Smash to easily sweep your opponent.
    -Shell Smash/White Herb and Acrobatics are obviously the bread and butter of this set which make Minior an absolute monster under the buffs.
    -Substitute gets you to activate Shields Down quicker and more safely, and can also be used once set-up to ensure you can KO a Poke that may not want to be OHKO'd or carries priority.
    -Earthquake is for mons that don't care about Minior's STAB moves such as Sandslash-Alola, Steelix, and Rhydon.

Now, Minior still has some real trouble with things, mostly being Stealth Rocks, as you will always be switching Minior in to do the cleaning up. We'll definitely want a mon that can Defog and Rapid Spin to rid us of those pesky splinters. Minior also does not enjoy facing bulky Waters and Claydol so we'll need some real tough wallbreakers to wither them down or take them out.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  15. MetalSonic

VO
    SuMo NU CCAT

Uh huh, it's 3 Pokemon to choose from! One a very efficient and unique revenge killer and momentum grabber in Rotom-C. Firing off powerful Leaf Storms and getting in other mons safely with Volt is what its about, as well as those revenge kills. Mismagius a set up sweeper with a touch of luring via Rockium. Lastly, there's Minior, one of the SuMo's most unique sweepers with its ability giving it ample opprotunity to set up easily in the face of status and go into its more offensive form once it has set up.

Smogon NU Viability Thread

Smogon NU Role Compendium

NU's kinda fun, been ladderin it recently and there definitely is a whole lotta Emboar, Sneasel, Steelix and the like. Steelix can be a pain to get down to a manageable HP sometimes, its like Heatran in OU in that regard. Anywho, as always, check the links above for some more info on what goes where and who's what whats.

Voting for First Team Member shall end on
    September 24'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

;_;7

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  16. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

Hi, everyone. I'm going to have to distract you from the team building for a second or two with a sign up post.

PS Name?: DX 2401PT
    Wi-Fi Friend Code?: 1263 7429 5469
    Why do you want to join?: Because the last guild went MIA.
    Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: None since I'm not in any of them anymore.
    Battling Experience?: Since Yellow version. Mostly (as in, 99%) focused in non-meta stuff.
    Referrer?: MetalSonic, I guess?

17. MetalSonic

Accepted! Thanks so much! I'll PM you the discord and whatnot! Right now we've gotta CCAT going on if you wanna take part in that and I am plannin an OU tour soon as well.

also votin Mismagius, CCAT votin post got posted last page!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  18. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

Thank you.

I'd vote for Mismagius since I liked using it, though never really had a chance to use it a lot. But kind of wish it had Destiny Bond as a removal option. No one sees it coming, and it just removes a guy completely.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  19. Lugia-sama

Lugia-sama Sagacity

Voting for Mismagius

20. MetalSonic

D-Bond would affect either its coverage or its sweeping ability, but if it turns out our team could afford a lil D-Bondin Missy you can do it!

Also, how we all enjoyin G/S? It's a weird feeling trying to get optimal coverage on things when the special split and stuff never happened+some mons just dont get many types of moves past their own STAB. Yes, I know, its an ingame team but MAN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.