• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Gold Silver, huh? My actual Gold version is still right here. Game battery is dead, but save file remains intact along with all the shenanigans I've pulled off over the years. 251/251 Dex. Yeah! ... Had to sacrifice Silver for this...

As usual, the very first thing anyone should do in GS is use a glitch that lets you get all 3 starters. And might I recommend force-spawning PKRS? Hehehe.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
oh did i say tomorrow? i meatn TONITE

POYONG.png

credits to American-Pi

Ok lemme explain;
We've finally got those missing megas, and maybe you've played with em, but if you haven't, it's time to get familiarized! The goal of this challenge is to reach a certain ELO using one of these megas! Simple on paper, but potentially very challengin on sim. So let's get to the only MEGAS you're allowed to use.

- Gardevoirite
- Galladite
-Lopunnite
- Diancite
- Ampharosite
- Altarianite
- Latiosite
- Latiasite

And let's not forget those general rules for this challenge;
It must be started on fresh alt, this means it must have no OU battles! That's right, this is an OU chall!

You must reach 1530 ELO. Not hard? Well lemme see you reach it then!

You must post 3 replays of you winnin over 1430, with a team showcasin the allowed megas, lets see what you got!

Sign the form!

You gotta wait for me to verify your fresh alt before you start! I'll be quick.

PS alt?:
what's your ideal relaxing day?:

Andand prize!

10 Battle Points!
1 Free Mon (if u want it)

This challenge is back in play! If you've signed up already, you don't have to sign up again, of course. I'll have an OU tour up soon, so dont worry too much about that OU itch if you've had it.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
SuMo NU CCAT
Round 2 Nominatin

mismagius.gif

Mismagius @ Rockium Z
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Power Gem
- Dazzling Gleam

Lure sets are always fun, and it is getting to that scary time of the year so a ghost sounds fitting. It's Rockium-Z Mismagius! A simple set, you just set up a Nasty Plot and sweep at the opportune moment. Shadow Ball is fitting for STAB, Dazzling Gleam is so certain mons like Scrafty and Guzzlord can be hit hard enough and the kicker is Rockium-Z, which lures in certain mons that may think they can take a hit. Such mons include Braviary, Golbat, Crogonal, Vikavolt, and sometimes Incineroar and Houndoom. With these mons lured and out of the way, we can pave the way for other teammates that would appreciate their presence not being felt anymore. Rockium-Z doesnt even have to be used, sometimes the coverage and power from a regular old Power Gem is enough, so its nice to have. Then we save the big hit for something else! Mismagius enjoys things out of the way that may look to take her out quicker then she can act, fast things like Sneasel, Frosslass, Sucker Priority and scarfers all can prey on Miss' often unfortunate defense. So we'll have to play around those more often then not, once they're out of the way, there's not much that can stomach +2 hits from this ghost. Well, except certain bulky mons, there's a plethora but most arent built to take many hits from a boosted missy so she should be good with the team support needed to weaken them in general!

It appears Mismagius has won yalls favor and so, it'll be for this ghostie we'll build around!

Smogon NU Viability Thread

Smogon NU Role Compendium

Now, this CCAT's just started, so there's a still a whole lot of room for some creativity and or flexibility. First things first, let's re-iterate what missy's objective is. It can be seen as a normal sweeper, but her objective could be to wallbreak as well with the lure in Rockium depending on the opposing teams make-up. Missy's fragile defensively, she wont take too kindly to being hit by things that may live even a +2 attack like Audino-Mega, AV Hariyama, and even naturally sp.def things like Virizion or invested things like Eviolite Rhydon. All of which either cripple or can severely weaken Mismagius. Also, fast things like Sneasel especially can spell doom for her, so we'll have to be wary of it. Missy's speed tier is deffo ok, but it's still spedtie by things like Scyther and Cryogonal. A Pokemon to take advantage of the holes in teams she creates would be ideal, so in other other words, a mon that could appreciate the mons she lures in could be a nice partner! That or maybe some hazard support off the bat? Always remember to take into consideration the team and what we'll likely see more of in the tier! That being said; all-around checks and counters are of course, always appreciated. Just remember, be clear and explanatory on your suggestion!

Round 2 Nominating shall end on
September 26'th 12:00 AM UTC -6

:_;7​

DX 2401PT

Monitor
This challenge is back in play! If you've signed up already, you don't have to sign up again, of course. I'll have an OU tour up soon, so dont worry too much about that OU itch if you've had it.

About this challenge. Is there a time limit? Battle format (single, double)? And MUST it be on a PS alt, if I've never been on the ladder with the current PS name?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Wow you guys must really be thinkin about the next team member! Don't worry, i'll up the Round 2 team member deadline to September 27'th 12:00 PM UTC -6~

About this challenge. Is there a time limit? Battle format (single, double)? And MUST it be on a PS alt, if I've never been on the ladder with the current PS name?

Nope, no time limit! Format is Smogon S/M OU. So singles! As for the ladder alt, it simply must be a fresh one, just sign the form and lemme check it out.

~~~

OK DUDES, CLEAN THOSE EARS AND SHIFT THOSE GEARS
ITS TIME FOR OUR NEWEST CHAMPION TOUR

In the most competitive tier, here in the competitive Pokemon section, within this competitive clan, yes, it's THAT time again.

6FjfMzR.png

Credits to American Pi
Rules

1. Battles'll follow Smogon OU rules!
2. Battles'll be Bo3 (Best of 3)!
3. Battles'll be done on Pokemon Showdown using the alt you've chosen!
4. Battles'll only count once the tour has officially started!
5. Activity wins will be a thing, so make it apparent your getting into contact with your opponent by posting about it here and on their VMs to.

We'll see if we can get the battles rollin once we hit about 8 entrants. If you think you know your stuff, show us! Or all you all talk and no action??

WINNER TAKES ALL, but if you post your battle wins in the thread you can get points for those to. Also, tour wins will count as 2 points, so you can potentially get 4 points each round!

15 points OR a mon of your choosing.
Tour winner shall also get the title of "CURRENT CHAMP"

If you wanna take part, just sign the form!

PS Alt?:
Timezone?:
SHOW ME YOUR BATTLE CRY:

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Okay. Challenge sign up! Don't recall EVER being on a singles ladder, so... shouldn't be an issue with my current one?

PS alt?: DX 2401PT
what's your ideal relaxing day?: a day when nothing happens in my hometown on the opposite side of the world... at winter.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Okay. Challenge sign up! Don't recall EVER being on a singles ladder, so... shouldn't be an issue with my current one?

PS alt?: DX 2401PT
what's your ideal relaxing day?: a day when nothing happens in my hometown on the opposite side of the world... at winter.

You're good! Just dont give up if its gets a lil hard. ^^
It will get a tiny bit hard at a point!

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Well, I'm hoping it's hard. Never been on the singles ladder before, and if this turns out to be too easy, then... what could that mean? Time to assemble a random team (with one of the specified Megas) and see what happens.

... This challenge is going to be time consuming. How many battles do I have to win?

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Well, I'm hoping it's hard. Never been on the singles ladder before, and if this turns out to be too easy, then... what could that mean? Time to assemble a random team (with one of the specified Megas) and see what happens.

... This challenge is going to be time consuming. How many battles do I have to win?

Until you reach the rank! I told you it'd be challengin. ^^

DX 2401PT

Monitor
The battles aren't challenging. But the SHEER NUMBER of them that I have to do... Heh. THAT is the real challenge. 7-0 and went from 1000 to 1180. So... I need what, about 28 more wins than losses to get to 1530?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
The battles aren't challenging. But the SHEER NUMBER of them that I have to do... Heh. THAT is the real challenge. 7-0 and went from 1000 to 1180. So... I need what, about 28 more wins than losses to get to 1530?

Yeah, that's the kinda gusto im talkin about! Past 1300 is when things get a lil more poppin though. Win consecutively like that and it should be super easy!

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
PS Alt?: if i win ur gay
Timezone?: pacific -8
SHOW ME YOUR BATTLE CRY: youre gayyy

Garlneil

PS Alt?:SteelNeil
Timezone?:EST, UTC−5
SHOW ME YOUR BATTLE CRY: *Mild enthusiastic reee*

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Ah, so I see you're all just really thinkin bout that second team member! Well, no worries! Another extension till September 27'th 12:00 PM UTC -6~

also

[video=youtube;2XjouKSkSeM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XjouKSkSeM[/video]

b-bros...

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
audino-mega.gif

Audino @Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA
Bold Nature
-Dazzling Gleam
-Calm Mind/Heal Bell
-Wish
-Protect

So, M-Audino really helps out Mismagius and vice versa by tanking Dark type moves and being immune to Ghost types, while Mismagius is immune to Fighting moves. M-Audino also really helps with healing our team via Wish and can actually set up if you want it to using Calm Mind or you can go with Heal Bell to get rid of Toxic/Burn/Sleep/Para that certain status afflicters like Aromatisse, Rotom, and Sigilyph like to hand out. Dazzling Gleam is standard STAB and is only resisted by 7 Pokemon in the tier(Including Klinklang) it also really hurts common sweepers like Scrafty or Malamar. Wish/Tect is obviously a staple to Wish passing mons and set-up Audino to continuously keep it healthy and in the fight. We're definitely going to need more reliable mons to deal with the overlord of NU known as Emboar, since Audino doesn't resist fighting or fire and really takes a hurtin from it and Mismagius doesn't want to be on the receiving end of a Flare Blitz either. Despite this major weakness atm, I believe M-Audino will be a huge helper to Mismagius.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
sceptile.gif

DUDE (Sceptile) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Alrighty, how about this for an offensive partner? Sceptile appreciates the absence of things like Braviary, Emboar, Golbat due to Mismagius' +2 attacks and especially with the Continental Crush in tow. Specs Sceptile has immediate breaking power due to its high powered STAB and Focus Blast coverage. Seriously, not a lot can switch in too many times into specs Leaf Storm. Dual STAB at your convenience, one to initially break through fatter teams and the other for accuracy and a bit of increased longevity in the face of hazards. Focus Blast is to hit things like Cryogonal and Scrafty and Guzzlord. Don't forget Togedemaru which has become increasingly popular. Hidden Power Flying seems odd, but it's to be able to hit hard the tiers bulkier grass types like Virizion and especially Whimsicott who love to switch in on Sceptile. Plus its a go to against Emboar if we're forced to attack it up front. Sceptile also makes a great late game cleaner once its counters have been done away with!

Till 12:00 PM UTC -6 tonight! is when we'll be able to move onto the votin round.

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Signing up for the champion's tour!

PS Alt?: DX 2401PT
Timezone?: GMT -4
SHOW ME YOUR BATTLE CRY: blaarghghLLGHRHARAAHAHHH!!

Am I trying to win? NO. Just trying to hone my "unique style" for laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.