1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Veneno Oscuridad

Discussion in 'Pokémon Guilds' started by MetalSonic, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetalSonic

MetalSonic Orderan' Defendan'

[​IMG]
    Delphox @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Fire Blast
    - Psychic
    - Signal Beam / Shadow Ball
    - Trick

So, I think we need a Psychic resist and some more speed control and a fairy resist AND an ice resist. It's a lot of pressure, but I think she'll manage with more team support. Scarf Delphox is perfect for this. Dual STAB is neccesary, especially so for further insurance against things like Sneasel, Agility Vikavolt, and Scarved threats like Vanilluxe. The third slot is tricky and really depends on the make up of this team at the end, but I chose Signal beam for extra insurance against Malamar and retains coverage against Houndoom, Incineroar, and Guzzlord, all of which tend to switch into Missys and Sceptiles STABs more often the not and threaten out with scarves, priority, or just plain bulk but Shadow Ball could be used for an insured hit against the likes of Xatu, Froslass and Sigilyph. Trick in the end is to cripple bulkier teams!

Grass Knot used to go there at third slot, but Barbaracle is banned now!

And since we just got suggestions, I suppose ill extend the deadline till;
    October 14'th 4:00 PM UTC -6

2. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

Heh. Posting "battle" result as instructed.

Rank?: 1?
    Oppnent's Serebii name?: MetalSonic
    Win or Lose?: Lose
    Score?: 1-6 (forfeit)
    Your current won battle total?: 0
    How did you feel about it?: Oh man. Got creamed in this 1 vs 6 proof of concept test battle! Time to... reflect on the results for a bit.

3. MetalSonic

SuMo VO NU CCAT
    FOURTH MEMBER VOTIN

Smogon NU Viability Thread

Smogon NU Role Compendium

Mismagius @ Rockium Z
    Ability: Levitate
    Shiny: Yes
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Shadow Ball
    - Power Gem
    - Dazzling Gleam

DUDE (Sceptile) @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Overgrow
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Leaf Storm
    - Giga Drain
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Flying]

Rhydon @ Eviolite
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Blast
    - Megahorn

We got Psychic Types in the buildin now! Similar resistances give these dudes somewhat similar checking capabilities such as ice type moves that aren't Freeze-Dry. Also a good deterrent to Psychic spam itself! One's a bulkier mon that gives us even better insurance against physically opressive mons like Rhydon, Garbador, Hitmonlee and just functions as an excellent pivot and late game sweeper with it regen and CM capabilities. Slowbro really appreciates the departure of Toxic-carrying mons like Steelix, Piloswine, Seisimitoad, Vaporeon and especially opposing Slowbro and Slowking. All of which are threatened by our current mons one way or the other. Then we have Delphox, who gives us a nice revenge killer, ice/fairy resist in one! Do keep in mind, whoever we choose, we'll have a big Dark weakness. That's especially worrisome as we have Guzzlord climbin the ranks right now. This is especially evident as dark/dragon are HOT right now. Pretty much the only popular one right now that doesnt halt offensive momentum is Whimsicott.

With these things in mind, do vote!
    Round 4 Nominatin shall end on
    October 16'th 12:00 AM UTC -6

AND DONT FORGET TO JOIN THE TOUR
    Tour Post!
    I wont stop remindin till its filled!​

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  4. Symphonian

Symphonian Member

Gintama
    4141-4046-0120
    I'm looking for good people to battle
    0 leagues
    4 years of experience
    MetalSonic

5. MetalSonic

Welcome! 4 years means you've been about since the weather wars of gen 5. That's neato.
    PM'd you the appropriate links! Thanks for joinin up, we have a CCAT (Clan-Create-A-Team) goin on right now and are currently lookin for peeps to join the OU tour we're havin.

6. Symphonian

Symphonian Member

PS Alt?: symphonian
    Timezone?: - 5 GMT
    SHOW ME YOUR BATTLE CRY: good job torkoal!

7. MetalSonic

8. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

Speaking of replays... Ah crap. I forgot to save the replays for winning over 1410. ... Was it 1410?
    Well, I guess there will be more chances.

9. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

Voting Slowbro

10. Conquer Phoenix

Conquer Phoenix Falling Light

voting slowbro

11. ptz

ptz Well-Known Member

Voting mewtwo

12. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

13. MetalSonic

No, NO, this was supposed to be MY CCAT! Delete those votes right NOOOOOWWW

Yes, that last ones funny, somethin about Counter Chansey is kinda loopy. Must be the contrast between the usual Chansey hoshposh of it killin you slowly and outright doin you in with an OHKO move. >w<

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  14. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

That Chansey's got SO many kills... Over half of the games usually go like: "Landorus used Stealth Rocks! Chansey used Stealth Rocks! Landorus used Earthquake! Chansey used Counter! Landorus fainted!"

Still experimenting with a variety of builds. Some less successful than the others, so if I need another replay to satisfy the "winning over 1430" requirement, it may take some time.

15. MetalSonic

SuMo NU CCAT
    Round 5 Nominatin

Slowbro's just too nice of a mon to pass up! It pivots excellently and continues doing so with its ability. Has excellent offensive synergy with Sceptile as the lizard can rid the opposing team of Steelix, Piloswine, Seisimitoad, Vaporeon and especially opposing Slowbro and Slowking, yknow, all the ones I mentioned that do like to Toxic Slowbro. Not only that, it eases the pressure off of Rhydon to switch into hits when we dont have the momentum. A sort of defensive core, if you will, has now been set up! Though that doesnt mean our team is outta the woods yet. Hazards, especially Toxic Spikes can wear down our walls quickly, and the tier is actually full of Ice types that carry Freeze-Dry. So our switch ins to that are null, especially in the face of the common Scarf Vanilluxe. Dark types also get a free kill by clicking their special dark moves, so we have to be wary of that as well as we build. While our team is powerful it may also be susceptible to sweepers like Agility Vikavolt, Autonomize Vanilluxe, and a lotta powerful mons that bolster their speed via item or move. How we're gonna deal with? Maybe a scarfer? Maybe a specialized defogger? Maybe a SCARF SPINNER. You decide! It's up to you to look at the team and make a decision as to what mon may best patch up those weaknesses!

Round 5 Nominating shall end on
    October 18'th 12:00 AM UTC -6

:_;7​

16. BigKCBK

BigKCBK Active Member

I'm still alive! just been busy with school and all I'll be more active during break time.

17. Lugia-sama

Lugia-sama Sagacity

Mick to the rescue!

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Knock Off
    - Bullet Punch
    - Fake Out

Provides the team with a special tank, a Vanilluxe counter, and a dark resist. It forms a pretty solid defensive core with Slowbro and Rhydon. Close Combat is for STAB while Knock off gets rid of items and hits stuff that resist Close Combat like Golbat, ghost and psychic types. Fake Out and Bullet Punch double priority can help stop sweepers and pick off weakened mons. Plus, Bullet Punch can threaten against Whimsicott, which the team has a bit of an issue with atm.

18. MetalSonic

Yeah, Hariyama does do a good few things for the team, was mullin it over to. Thick Fat, AV tank, dark resist. If anything, I would slash Ice Punch over Fake Out to. Just so we have another go-to against Golbat and Whimsicott on the switch to. Maaaybe Stone Edge so we can hit hard any outta hand Vikavolt.

Anywho, i'll end this round tonight now!
    October 21'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

Good to see you again, Big. Was wonderin where you went off to.

19. ptz

ptz Well-Known Member

Voting mewtwo

20. MetalSonic

SuMo NU CCAT
    Final Member Nominatin

And with that, Hariyama is on the team! Boasting a stupendous base HP of 140, it's somewhat underwhelming defenses are made up for! Especially with an AV turning it into a specially defensive tank! Hariyama helps to cover the any lingering ice and dark weaknesses our team may have had, as well as solidifying our defensive core. If anything, should you feel coverage issues arise we can change that Fake Out to something else!

The last mon is upon us? What will it be? As a more balanced team, we do have issues with hazards wearing us down. Especially without hazard control, but we also might need some more speed control to! As a means of late game clean up. Whatever we decide, do be sure to think about it thoroughly. While there may be no rush, let's not let the thought of the next mon intimidate us so much we deign to make a move. ^^;

Final Round Nominating shall end on
    October 25'th 12:00 AM UTC -6

:_;7​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.