• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Heyo! I'm back and green for some action :) How goes everything?

Nuzlocke, new meta, FIGHTIN FOR OUR RIGHTS, and rankin up

Also maybe new OU CCAT! I'll start one up shortly! Please get those OU suggestions readdddy

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Ooh, OU. ... Got a couple of unorthodox suggestions that probably won't be accepted, but hey.

And finally, Living Dex complete, from Bulbasaur all the way down to Marshadow. ... With the exception of one Doink the Clown which requires my friend to finish the Ultra Sun Nuzlocke first. Since I started on the Living Dex after finishing the Ultra Moon Nuzlocke, I say that's done in record time.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
USUM OU CCAT
FIRST MON NOMINATIN

Yup, it's that time again. I dont want us to miss a beat on the OU metagame now that it's settlin, I wanna see what we come up with before its all settled!

That means its time to build an OU team! It's been a bit since our last, but we built one at the beginning of SM OU and it'd be great to build another for this one to!

You all know how it goes, suggest a Pokemon that you think would be fun to build around, explain it accordingly and in detail, and post it! Then we'll vote. Remember now, the first mon means so much. It dictates where the team goes. So please, do think hard and explain well.

USUM OU Viability Rankings

USUM OU Role Compendium

Nominations shall end on
December 3'rd 12:00 PM UTC - 6

lets GET it​

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Hey, I'll start with the actual lead I've used during that OU ladder challenge a while back!

Chansey @Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Sp. Def
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Counter

Soft-Boiled because it's Chansey. I mean... come on.

Seismic Toss so Chansey can actually do something against Steel types that don't attack directly. That way, Chansey can actually stall against Celesteela and Ferrothorn despite Leech Seed.

Toxic because... it's Chansey. Puts a timer on those who would like to set up against Chansey, and sometimes even prompts them to just attack directly, which leads to...

Counter. When a Chansey appears, everyone automatically thinks: hit it hard. And then Chansey kills them. Given the sheer number of lead Pokemon that use physical attacks, Counter works surprisingly well. Such as, Landorus Therian. It'll use Stealth Rocks at first, while Chansey uses Toxic. Then Landorus either uses Earthquake, in which case Chansey kills it immediately with Counter, or it uses U-turn, in which case the next poor sap that popped out dies immediately.

Unorthodox, perhaps, but that is why it worked.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

rotom-wash.gif

Rotom-Wash @ Waterium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

This set looks really interesting, so it'd be fun to try! It's a Rotom, but with the new tools that USUM has provided. Here's how it works; it's somewhat of a lure that takes advantage of Rotoms more passive nature in the usual defensive sets that people expect but also has a niche as a defogger. The speed's enough to outspeed the normal defensive lando's speed tier so we hit it before it U-Turns. Volt Switch helps to wear down and keep momentum in the face of bulkier grasses and special walls, and Waterium-Z Hydro Pump is base 180 input. So a lot of things that may see Rotom as a safe switch in will get absolutely blown away after a Waterium-Z+Hydro or vise versa. Things like Offensive Magearna, Defensive Clefable, Sableye-Mega, Tapu Lele, Zapdos, you know, things that're hit neutrally at least neutrally that like to bother Rotom by eating hits and damaging it down or taking advantage of its usual defensiveness and Modest nature is crucial is netting these OHKOs after rocks. Hidden Power Fire is in the last slot because its simply not common on Rotom-W at all and Ferro LOVES to be switched in, you can sniff that thing comin in, so it's a very easy 2HKO after rocks. Lastly, there's Defog. This new tool is lookin really cool on Rotom as he's unnaffected by two types of entry hazard already and may dumbfound people who still wouldn't expect it on an offensive set if we've revealed our nature already. If not, Defog may also lure the opp into thinkin we're defensive at first to! Thus, helping out the lure.​

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Votin Rotom-W!

USUM Nuzlocke Update #VII

It was time to train! We trained and did so with a force. During training, we ran into a violentely shaking Snorunt. I dont think it was cause he was scared, but moreso because it must be perpetually cold for the guy. Luckily he didnt shake the Poke Ball so much! His name shall be Violent J and I hope its warm in there for em. After deciding to explore the place a bit, we ran into the "Aether" House along with the jumpy dude and hat girl. You know those guys in white who apparently REALLY care about Pokemon? Well, they have this random house for whatever reason and in there; we were greeted by these two frisky kids who we had to BEAT. After we beat them, this lil ghosty girl phased into existence! This was the girl from the Library, she told us she was the next trial captain so that was enough for me to get interested in her. This meant I had to follow her to this abandoned thrift store of some sort, didnt look to safe to enter, but we had to anyways; cause this was where our next trial took place. I left Hau and Lillie behind cause I aint their keeper. >>

This trial was just being a ghost buster, the ghost girl whos name escapes me handed us a camera and pushed us into the dilapidated market where she forced the doors closed and made the trial start! After the inital screamin we figured we had to snap a picture of the Totem Mimkyu and fight it. We snapped a few pics of things that looked kinda spooky like a shaking grocery kart, a moving conveyor belt, some overpriced tomatos, all these things produced ghosts, but none of em were the Mimikyu! Frustrated, spooked, but determined to finish the fight; we made it to the backroom where the ghost girl was screamin at us to get out. This was funny; cause she was the one who made us go INTO the market; so we snapped a photo of this crazy chick and it turns out she was the Totem Mimikyu in disguise. The fight was on! I lead with Fidelite and used Baby Doll Eyes on the Mimikyu to help neuter it a bit. He then called up a Banette after his Play Rough did paltry damage. This time I went into Yuugi, who also ate a Play Rough and scored a burn on the Mimikyu as well as absorbed a wisp from Banette. Things were looking pretty good! After knocking out the Banette and damaging down the Mimikyu with careful play, Totem Mimic then called up a Jellicent. With Mimikyu very weakened and a water move from this Jellicent very obvious, I switched to Fun Guy who ate up everything they threw quite contently thanks to Dry Skin and the neutered Mimikyu. Everything should have been ok, I didnt see much going too wrong at all, but as you all know, the unexpected can only be called such cause it happens at the inopprotune moment. A Leech Life crit put Fun Guy outta commission. This free switch was enough to allow me to bring Fidelite back in and Bite the Totem Mimikyu down. After that, I sent in Machimuchi who very easily took that Jellicents un-life with a Knock Off. Seeing Fun Guy go after he was doing so well was devastatin, he was always so cool and, well, fun! Wherever you are, I hope you're still havin and bein fun, Fun Guy. He rests in Heaven.

We finished the Ghost Trial and finally were able to catch a Pokemon in the market! First one who showed up was a tricky Mimikyu, we named em Jack cause he reminded me of that pirate from that movie cause he was so tricky. I dont know, ok?? He got added to the party! Upon our return to the house, we ran into a girl named Plumeria who was apparently the big sis of all those skull dudes. She fought us and was pretty good! Kinda scary with her Salazzle, but Machamp was able to Rock Tomb it once and send it to its grave. They left but as it turned out they stole the kids' Pokemon! The ones that so rudely attacked us. I guess it was up to me to save em, even though they were so rude!

On the route to storm their town and save the yungeese, we ran into some some more party members! One was back at the broken market where we did the ghost trial; or rather, outside of it! In the waves there was a lil embankment right off the coast where a lady was being attacked by some Frillish! Luckily I stepped in and caught one of em, her name was Rosey cause she was kind of a rascal. I boxed her, got thanked, and moved on! The route to "Po" Town, the skeleton shufflers' hide out, was filled with new friends. We met Davy Jones the Tentacruel, he was no-nonsense and kinda serious, but he was helpful enough to join our team. J.D. the Scraggy tried scarin us away from Po Town, but we scared em into submission and made em join our team to! Lil lil the Petilil was among these red flower fields, she very calmly joined our ranks without much of a fuss. At the gates of Po Town we met some grim lookin dude who told us if we died he'd give us a proper burial. A little weirded out, but nonetheless, set to save the yungeese, we barged into Po Town and knocked out all the Skull Dudes everywhere we saw them! They set up barricades but the power of FRIENDSHIP broke them all, and we made it to the big bads' house. In there, we had to crack some more skulls and answer some weird questions about Plumerias taste in drinks. After all this, we met up with Guzma! He had the Yungeese! This time; I was savvy to what he brought, so I led Magnemaybe against his Golisopod and used Volt Switch! This put him into Emergency Exit range and he went out into Masquerain. I switched back into Magnemaybe to take on any hit and Volt Switched into Yuugi so Aerial Ace can take it out! After that was Golisopod whom I Z-Moved into a KO! Not this time, Guzma. Not this time! He was remiss to see himself lose again and stomped off sayin we'd meet again, but not before givin us the Yungeese back! The morbid dude we met before entering the town walked up to us, said we were pretty good, and it turns out he was related to the ghost girl! His name was Nanu. He's kinda cold at first, but he seems like he's gotta heart of gold. He watches over the island, it seems, and I guess what we just did makes things easier for him! With Team Skull in shambles, the Pokemon back, and us headed back to the Aether House to return them, it looked time to resume our Trial Challenges! Or so I thought...

Heading back to the Aether House had us find out that hat girl had been kidnapped, by the same skull people, how dare they kidnap this hatgirl?? Her hat was pretty cool!! It was the skeleton shufflers, and now I REALLY had a bone to pick with em. Not just me though, turns out the edgy dude with the handcramp was her brother! He barged in shortly afterwards He was so angry he took it out on me and we battled!

I lead Twinkle-007 and he led Golbat, I believe. One Psychic took it down and it was nice. Then he sent out his Type: Null. Whatever that was, I didnt wanna risk anything, so I tried switchin out to Machimuchi....tried...

It was Type:Null's Pursuit that put Starmie among the stars. It was a big blow to us as well. How was I sposed to know that thing would have Pursuit??? I had Machimuchi go for his Z-Move and pummel that thing down, the rest of his team was much easier but the damage was done. This man had the audacity, afterwards, to ask us to help him save his sister; the hat girl. I'll help, but not for him! For the hat! We bolted for the the harbor cause it turns out, the Aether people had somethin to do with this cause that's what edgelord said! We were gonna go back to their island and raise a ruckus. Right before the boat, I laid Starmie to rest in the Heaven box. All this hubris had to have a reason...

The Aether Island had the answers. Before take off in the boat the edgelord had for some reason, I was approached by Nanu! Turns out he was a Kahuna himself! He wanted to battle just to test our resolve before we went, I had no qualms with this. His Sableye was annoying, but Magnemaybe beat it down. Krokorok was scary, but the combo of Fidelite's Baby Doll Eyes and Fur Coat was enough to keep it at bay. Then was the Persian, I used Baby Doll Eyes on it first; and it Z-Moved. THis was scary, it brought Fidelite to the red, too close for comfort. I switched into Machimuchi and ended that Persian there. Nanu smiled at me, I guess he felt satisfied cause he let us go! After makin it to the island and knockin some of those white-clad Aether dudes senseless we ran into this self-abrosbed old dude named Faba! He was sposed to be Aethers last line of defense, and his Hypno was a lil annoying, but Jack was able to wake up on the second turn of a Hypnosis-induced sleep and knock it out with a Shadow Claw+Sneak combo. It's time to end this madness and save the hat girl! What's the skull dudes gotta do with the white clothes dudes?? So many questions, I just wanna LIVE MY LIFE, WHY DO I KNOW THESE PEOPLE??

furfrou_sprite_by_noscium-d6m4nf9.png

Fidélité the Furfrou
lvl 42
Female
Fur Coat
Headbutt~Bite~Thunder Wave~Baby-Doll Eyes

Spr_4h_068.png

Machimuchi the Machamp
lvl 46
Male
Guts
Knock Off~Rock Tomb~Brick Break~Ice Punch

talonflame_sprite_by_natsu714-d6mjxdb.png

Yuugi the Talonflame
lvl 42
Female
Flame Body
Thief~Aerial Ace~Flame Charge~Steel Wing

Spr_4h_082.png

Magnemaybe the Magneton
lvl 43
Genderless
Sturdy
Flash Cannon~Discharge~Signal Beam~Volt Switch

mimikyu_sprite_by_luigi_player-daf5yps.gif

Jack the Mimikyu
lvl 41
Male
Disguise
Shadow Claw~Leech Life~Shadow Sneak~Hone Claws

Spr_4h_073.png

Davy Jones the Tentacruel
lvl 41
Male
Liquid Ooze
Bubblebeam~Sludge Bomb~Giga Drain~Acid Spray

metapod.png

Cheeto the Shiny Metapod

lillipup.png

Damage the Lillipup

comfey_sprite_by_fishbowlsoul90-daaoppl.png

flowre the Comfey

Spr_4d_246.png

GLITCH the Larvitar

Spr_4h_092.png

Risky the Gastly

Spr_4d_278.png

Annie May the Wingull

Spr_4d_299.png

Schnozz the Nosepass

Spr_4h_166_f.png

PunchBuggy the Ledian

crabrawler_sprite_by_fishbowlsoul90-daeqk6i.png

BIGMEATYCLAW the Crabrawler

togedemaru_sprite_by_fishbowlsoul90-da8l7e2.png

Cheeky the Togedemaru

elgyem.png

Ayla Mao the Elgyem

wishiwashi_sprites_by_leparagon-dadcijj.png

SquadUp the Wishiwashi

Spr_4d_361.png

Violent J the Snorunt

frillish-f.png

Rosey the Frillish

scraggy.png

J.D. the Scraggy

petilil.png

Lil lil the Petilil

zubat-f.png

Pazuzu the Zubat

Fell to a torrent boosted Water Gun.

alolan%20persian.png

Ritz the Persian

Double teamed by Araquanids rain and water bubble boosted Bubble and Masquerains Bug Bite.

butterfree.png

Popcorn the Butterfree

Took the blow for the greater good in order to secure victory in the face of Totem Marowak.

psyduck.png

Dodger the Psyduck

Held on through Totem Marowaks Brick Break but subsequently got poisoned by Salazzles Poison Gas. He then unleashed his Waterium-Z fury that led to Totem Marowaks second death. Fell to the poison in the same turn.

trumbeak_sprite_by_luigi_player-daqzsec.gif

TopPec the Trumbeak

Sniped by a Dragon Rage from Salandit.

Spr_4d_122.png

Ed the Mr. Mime

Taken from us by an OHKO from Plumerias Golbat Poison Fang.

poliwag.png

goaway the Poliwag

Fell to a magnitude 10 from a Diglett in the tunnel.

Spr_4p_303.png

Ita the Mawile

Surprised by a sturdy Stuffuls Bide.

mudbray_sprite_by_elazulmax-dacc4bi.png

Cauli the Mudbray

KO'd by a Grimers Knock Off.

malamar_sprite_by_animela_wolfhybrid-d6q7rc4.png

Seija the Malamar

Sacrificed herself to Guzmas Goliospod.

Spr_4h_047.png

Fun Guy the Parasect

Done in by a crit Leech Life from Burned Mimikyu

Spr_4h_121.png

Twinkle 007 the Starmie

Pursued by Gladions Type-Null

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I vote for Chansey of course.

There's a bonus to the Counter that I forgot to mention. And that is... Knock Off! Lots of Knock Off users out there, especially now with the move tutors. Chansey is a good Knock Off target. ... Or so they think.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Voting for Rotom-W if my vote's still gunna be counted
Not that it would make a difference it wasn't though, dam you guys really love Chansey huh

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
USUM OU CCAT
SECOND MON NOMINATIN

You want, you got it! Chansey is our first member!​

chansey.gif

Chansey @Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Sp. Def
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Counter

Soft-Boiled because it's Chansey. I mean... come on.

Seismic Toss so Chansey can actually do something against Steel types that don't attack directly. That way, Chansey can actually stall against Celesteela and Ferrothorn despite Leech Seed.

Toxic because... it's Chansey. Puts a timer on those who would like to set up against Chansey, and sometimes even prompts them to just attack directly, which leads to...

Counter. When a Chansey appears, everyone automatically thinks: hit it hard. And then Chansey kills them. Given the sheer number of lead Pokemon that use physical attacks, Counter works surprisingly well. Such as, Landorus Therian. It'll use Stealth Rocks at first, while Chansey uses Toxic. Then Landorus either uses Earthquake, in which case Chansey kills it immediately with Counter, or it uses U-turn, in which case the next poor sap that popped out dies immediately.

Unorthodox, perhaps, but that is why it worked.​

It's Chansey! Being as passive as a Chansey is, well, most of em anyways, we're sure to get a few people with an unexpected Counter! Let's keep in mind though that Chansey is still a passive mon in the face of certain set-ups. Things like Sub+Coil Zygarde, SD Scizor, SD Kartana, things like these all care very little for this particular Chansey set! So we'll have to have a fall-back for these sorts of things. Scarfer, or another more physically defensive Pokemon can definitely do well when paired with Chansey. Chansey, while it can take advantage of the physical Knock Off, still appreciates its Eviolite in most situations, so it may be best not have it knocked off too soon. Another product of Chanseys presence is that it invites in things to set up hazards. So a Defogger would be cool to! Chansey's strength lies in its ability to take hits, and in this case, do so well enough to strike back hard. So it's a given that any Chansey must remain healthy! Once the Counter card is played, the opp becomes a lot more determined to not attack it physically, so use the move only when you feel that physical hit is being super telegraphed!

USUM OU Viability Rankings

USUM OU Role Compendium

Second Mon Nominatin shall end on
December 9'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

BigKCBK

sorry ive been gone for a while i meant to post for this ccat but ive been goin thru a moving process, had no internet, and have also been having issues logging in

Status
Not open for further replies.