• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
271o9h.jpg

hehe bwoi...you shall NEVER get it, face it VO, your Jeopardy career is FINISHED

Hehe. Easy. Also a complete coincidence since I happened to be looking at the Pokemon... "What is Omanyte?" (Omanyte -> Omanyt -> Tynamo)

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
My head hurts looking at this new ****

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I hope we can get cool pokemon type layouts like the last layout. That Jumpluff one was the one I used a lot. Not a big fan of the default asthetic, but happy really reminds me of Smogon, which I guess, isnt a bad thing. Maybe its time to use Stylish again! ><

PS alt?: mild cherry
Ur fave brand of chips?: SUN CHIPS

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
yea default sucks, I liked the dragon one

PS alt?: arena traps r gay
Ur fave brand of chips?: monte carlo

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
is KINDA scary
-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Stakataka Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 183-216 (47.9 - 56.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

This is for the challenge!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-724084484

tryna deny a kommo-o that thing they can do now thats kinda scary

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-724348578

just TESTING to see if Hawlucha switches into Koko

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-724479615

This game was a bit lame at times, and I think he coulda pulled through, but he decided to give up near the end.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-724497477

Extraodinarily close game, figured the sucker on Weavile woulda been important! Nice 50/50 at the end.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-724696666

WOW RUDE also check em

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-724718523

Kinda scared that Nido was sash like has been popular on these odd offense teams, but it wasnt.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-724741296

Hoops doin it BIG and some risky stay-ins during the late game, but I figured he wouldnt quake. Mawile at -1 showing a Zapdos no mercy.

Proof or rank in last battle! I had a lotta fun with this one. My Raichu was a 4 attack one though, but it didnt do a whole bunch, but that's not to say it couldn't! Just wasnt a situation to bring it in and unleash havoc.

~~~
USUM UU CCAT
SECOND MON NOMINATIN

Alrighty, it's Mane-Mega as our first team member! Fast, strong, and made of coverage, it can hit most things hard as a revenge killer or can simply get out of there with some chip damage via Volt Switch most times. Things that ail Manectric are defensive Grounds that dont quite mind HP Ice like Hippowdon, Swampert and faster Grounds like Scarf Krook lookin to be cheeky and switch into an electric type. Scarf mons can easily be the thing that KO's Manectric so it's good to scout for these things first before leaving Mane in on things like Hydreigon, Infernape, or Latias, if you can. Then you have mons with the merit of typing and stats like the aforementions Latias, Blissey, and bulky Altaria-Mega who easily come in and threaten Mane with damage, and damage is not something Manectric could take too often aside from -1 attacks. Intimidate is a fantastic ability for obvious reasons by helping other mons set up comfortably after potentially being pivoted in and keeping Manectric healthy enough to check some physical attackers, but do keep in mind that Mane is still relatively frail and may still take quite a bit, even from a -1 attack. Aside from being really fast and relatively powerful, it must be re-iterated that Volt Switch allows for it to help bring things in safely, so it'd be good to bring in wallbreakers or set up mons that can help break through Manes checks and counters! Don't forget that Mane itself is pretty speedy and pretty strong! It can easily just clean up at the end of a game to, yknow?

manectric-mega.gif

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat/Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Offensive pivot with Volt Switch and revenge killer for stuff like Scizor and Crawdaunt, being fast enough to outspeed most of UU except for MAero, MDrill, MSceptile, and scarfers. Has pretty good coverage with Overheat/Flamethrower and HP Ice, threatening a bunch of common mons including the three S ranks (Scizor, Azumaril, Gliscor) and providing super effective damage against electric resists such as grass and ground types. Lightning Rod before mega evolution allows it switch into stuff like TWave from Klefki, Volt Switch from opposing Manectric, etc. and get a nifty power up. Intimidate proves some nice utility against physical attacks, especially those whose STABs Manectric resists such as Scizor and Cobalion and helps Manectric have an easier time switching into weaker mons. Overheat is more powerful and nets some handy KOs (OHKOs Cobalion, Klefki, offensive Celebi after rocks, and 2HKOs Amoonguss) while Flamethrower is more accurate and consistent.

USUM UU Viability Rankings

USUM UU Role Compendium

OKIE DOKIE
Go ahead and suggest that second teammate! Whatever it is, a set up sweeper, a defensive mon, or a Pokemon that can benefit from Mane in a different way; it doesn't matter, just explain it well and suggest it!

Second Mon nominatin ends on
April 2'nd 12:00 PM UTC -6

So you think i'll just FORGET about this? No no, see we have a UU CCAT to complete. Team effort! There's no "CANT" in clan. There's a CAN though. Also, they're still called clans, ok??

Last edited:

Psilo

FanaticalPokecultist
Who wants to discuss pokemon meta?

I can also make teams for those who need them, or we can build together.
-Kindly, Psilo

Btw, metal. We should have a war with TEF, to get guild wars started again. I love guild Wars. And the guild section could really use more activity.
-Psilo

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
blacephalon

Has an underrated Flame Charge set.

Who wants to discuss pokemon meta?

I can also make teams for those who need them, or we can build together.
-Kindly, Psilo

Btw, metal. We should have a war with TEF, to get guild wars started again. I love guild Wars. And the guild section could really use more activity.
-Psilo

Let's see, Lando is still roughly at 50% usage! They're startin to run Flynium Defensive now to turn into a form of Lando that doesn't auto-lose to Hawlucha and can take hits for the team. Nick also showed me a Stone Edge Hawlucha the other day, it's such a simple lure for Zapdos, but its 80% accurate. :/ It must be worth it when it hits, as it always OHKOs after rocks, but you know, if you miss, your teams biggest sweeper is gone for little to nothin. Also, im not sure if this is a thing but im seein a lotta Chople Zone about lately. Worst part is they come with T-Waaaave. ><

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Usage stats for April!

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/usage-based-tier-update-for-april-2018.3632386/

Jirachi moved from BL to OU
Mienshao moved from UU to RU
Bruxish moved from RU to NU
Lucario moved from UU to RU
Entei moved from UU to RU
Miltank moved from PU to NU
Latias-Mega moved from BL to OU
Palossand moved from PU to NU
Abomasnow-Mega moved from RU to NU
Passimian moved from BL4 to NU
Diancie moved from RU to NU
Forretress moved from UU to RU
Houndoom-Mega moved from UU to RU
Samurott moved from NU to PU
Typhlosion moved from NU to PU
Gigalith moved from RU to NU
Camerupt-Mega moved from RU to NU
Amoonguss moved from UU to OU
Comfey moved from RU to NU
Hoopa-Unbound moved from BL to OU
Ambipom moved from UU to RU
Emboar moved from BL3 to RU

Hoops doin it big! Houndoom and Lucario in RU might be fun.
Amoongus movin to OU might destabilize UU a bit, and looks like Joeys Ambipom stint wasn't meant to last. I hope nobody was takin it seriously. >>

Torauma

PO/PS Name?: Bluetamago
Wi-Fi Friend Code?: I sold my 3ds...
Why do you want to join?: j-just because
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues?: where's the league?
Battling Experience?: -
Referrer?: -

Status
Not open for further replies.