• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Question: If I have a offensive team with Deoxys-S, Barbaracle, and Darmanitan, should I throw in defensive Ferrothorn to contribute spikes and cover Darmanitan's and Barbaracle's weaknesses?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Question: If I have a offensive team with Deoxys-S, Barbaracle, and Darmanitan, should I throw in defensive Ferrothorn to contribute spikes and cover Darmanitan's and Barbaracle's weaknesses?

Balanced team? You may as well throw it on! And then Defiant Thundurus to be SUPER COOL

Last edited:

akaFila

#2L2Q
~April Friendly Recap~
Final Record: 43 Wins - 22 Losses
Total: 65

MVP: Mega Mawile
Common Lead: Gengar
Popular Trio: Gengar, Mawile, Talonflame

Notes: So much hax, missed attacks, and blown predictions.. While not ecstatic about my record, I suppose it's not too terribly bad considering the majority of the team was decided via random choices out of my low competitive stock. Mawile completely shut down all opponents attempting to abuse the legends being legal. Trickiest opposing poke to play around would probably be Talonflame.

Team:
094.gif

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Levitate
Timid - 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Dazzling Gleam
-Destiny Bond (Too good)

303.gif

Mawile @ Mawilite
Intimidate
Adamant - 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpDef
-Swords Dance
-Play Rough
-Iron Head
-Sucker Punch
663.gif

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Gale Wings
Adamant - 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Swords Dance
-Roost

445.gif

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Rough Skin
Jolly - 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

660.gif

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Huge Power
Adamant - 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Take Down (Friendship was too high/low for Return/Frustration)
-Earthquake
-Quick Attack
-U-Turn

003.gif

Venusaur @ Venusarite
Chlorophyll
Modest - 252 HP / 4 SpAtk / 252 SpDef
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed

Last edited:

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Honestly when it gets released mixed Mega Latios sounds like a serious threat. Dragon Dance / Earthquake / Dragon Claw / Draco Meteor or something to that effect. A bit like mixMence on crack.

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS this will be attempted. I will make it work. Even if it turns out to not work, I will find a way.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
~April Friendly Recap~
Final Record: 43 Wins - 22 Losses
Total: 65

MVP: Mega Mawile
Common Lead: Gengar
Popular Trio: Gengar, Mawile, Talonflame

Notes: So much hax, missed attacks, and blown predictions.. While not ecstatic about my record, I suppose it's not too terribly bad considering the majority of the team was decided via random choices out of my low competitive stock. Mawile completely shut down all opponents attempting to abuse the legends being legal. Trickiest opposing poke to play around would probably be Talonflame.

Team:
094.gif

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Levitate
Timid - 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Dazzling Gleam
-Destiny Bond (Too good)

303.gif

Mawile @ Mawilite
Intimidate
Adamant - 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpDef
-Swords Dance
-Play Rough
-Iron Head
-Sucker Punch
663.gif

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Gale Wings
Adamant - 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Swords Dance
-Roost

445.gif

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Rough Skin
Jolly - 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

660.gif

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Huge Power
Adamant - 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Take Down (Friendship was too high/low for Return/Frustration)
-Earthquake
-Quick Attack
-U-Turn

003.gif

Venusaur @ Venusarite
Chlorophyll
Modest - 252 HP / 4 SpAtk / 252 SpDef
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed

why dont you amie with your Digger? Even though the more competitively viable choice is Frustration, who can really stand to mistreat their Pokemon so much yo ;m;

But yeah, your team actually looks pretty fun! Was there a lotta Rotom-H btw?

Also, while im on the case of the Uber CCAT, you guys wanna go for Hyper Offense or Balance or somethin on the team? I know we're already two mons in, buuut it wouldnt hurt to solidify a playstyle.

Hyper Offense?
Balance?
Stall even?
something else you wanna name?

Seems the mixed Yvetal set got the majority vote btw so thats what were heading for!

which playstyle??

Last edited:

akaFila

#2L2Q
why dont you amie with your Digger? Even though the more competitively viable choice is Frustration, who can really stand to mistreat their Pokemon so much yo ;m;

But yeah, your team actually looks pretty fun! Was there a lotta Rotom-H btw?

Also, while im on the case of the Uber CCAT, you guys wanna go for Hyper Offense or Balance or somethin on the team? I know we're already two mons in, buuut it wouldnt hurt to solidify a playstyle.

Hyper Offense?
Balance?
Stall even?
something else you wanna name?

Seems the mixed Yvetal set got the majority vote btw so thats what were heading for!

which playstyle??

Plenty of Rotom-W, but I only saw a single Rotom-H.

#HyperOffense

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Hyper Offense.

Also laughed a little at the idea of Yveltal on a stall team...

Actually that does exist
Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpDef
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Roost
- Taunt

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Actually that does exist
Yveltal @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Roost
- Taunt
Looks great.
Why Careful? If Foul Play depends on opponents Attack being higher, why not Calm?

Hyper Offense I heard Mega-Mewtwo-X is in this team, so might as well.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Looks great.
Why Careful? If Foul Play depends on opponents Attack being higher, why not Calm?

Hyper Offense I heard Mega-Mewtwo-X is in this team, so might as well.

Foul Play just takes into account your opponent's attack stat; it doesn't matter how much higher it is than yours, either calm or careful would work.

And I like Balanced to be honest :p

He got walled
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-114827238

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Actually that does exist
Yveltal @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Roost
- Taunt

Literally outclassed by Mandibuzz.

No, seriously.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Gonna have to go with Balanced as well. I like HO and all but lately I've been more into the whole balance thing, usually more of a 4-2 offensive lean but still pretty much balanced, y'know?

Literally outclassed by Mandibuzz.

No, seriously.

The differences amount to 34 health, 7 SpD and 42 Spe in Yveltal's favor and 22 defense in Mandibuzz's favor.

I'd actually rather use the Yveltal because of the HP difference helping a little on both ends. It's also much faster, which can be nice. Unless you're worried about Sand or Hail and really want Overcoat, I fail to see how Mandibuzz completely outclasses Yveltal. Big Pecks pretty much just helps against hax and Overcoat.. Powder and Spore moves aren't that prevalent in Ubers from what I see (come to think of it, no viable users come to mind) and Hail isn't much either. Sand, yes. But not Hail. And the weather nerf hurt Sand teams quite a bit.

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Really it's like a Rock-Paper-Scissor game with a few exceptions caused by variations in playstyle.
Hyper Offense and Stall/Completely-Defensive can defeat each other, just Stall having the better chances.
Balanced can defeat Stall better than vice versa. Hyper Offense and Balanced can defeat each other, just HO having the better chances.
Certain exceptions like status and Magic Bounce (no seriously, it's the most evil thing around) and even simple entry hazards can really screw up the balance of these three.

So if we're deciding on Yveltal, what should be next? If we have a tie between Balanced and Hyper Offense, I'm all for choosing a Pokemon that has the ability to fulfill both playstyles with all of its roles (i.e. we should pick something that has more than a single role so it can fit either one.)
Of course we should not wield two of the same Pokemon with different roles, but rather use something that is supportive whilst maintaining balance and offense.

Might I propose Offensive Stealth Rock Groudon?

groudon.gif

Groudon @ Life Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail / Stone Edge
- Toxic / Dragon Tail / Lava Plume​

This set is both supportive and offensive. The goal of this Groudon role is to force switches and take care of Dialga, which is not a problem for our current team members, but may pose problems later in this process. Groudon's weaknesses can be checked and countered by our current members Yveltal and MMX, who counter Ice and Grass respectively. With Stealth Rocks down, Groudon has the chance to OHKO Sylveon with STAB EQ, who poses a problem to both MMX and Yveltal. Rocks also pose problems for Ho-Oh and nullify Lugia's Multiscale, leaving them fully vulnerable to our current members', or later members', attacks.
Any other suggestions besides mine?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
^ noted, I shall include your suggestion for the upcoming round!

I shall vote for....
Balance

AND WITH THAT

uberccatbanner_zpsa5bf44cf.png

Welcome to VO's very first Ubers CCAT!

The rules are very simple, we will be constructing a team for the Ubers tier under Smogon rules. Every round will consist of a couple suggested Pokemon and those that would vote for the suggested Pokemon. We will do this 6 times until the team is complete so please do enjoy or somethin! Every voting round will take about 2-3 days.

Playstyle = Balance

150-mx.png
717.png

^^^ The team so far!

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Rock Slide

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Focus Blast
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt

Yoyo thats it for the mome! Now we're onto the 3'rd round of voting and the first suggested mon, Blackjacks Groudon, has already been submitted! Have any more? Wanna place your vote on the already suggested one? Please do so if you want, and if you have a set please post it and explain through and through what it brings to the table! Thankzz.

-w-

Last edited:

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Really it's like a Rock-Paper-Scissor game with a few exceptions caused by variations in playstyle.
Hyper Offense and Stall/Completely-Defensive can defeat each other, just Stall having the better chances.
Balanced can defeat Stall better than vice versa. Hyper Offense and Balanced can defeat each other, just HO having the better chances.
Certain exceptions like status and Magic Bounce (no seriously, it's the most evil thing around) and even simple entry hazards can really screw up the balance of these three.

This sounds like the rock-paper-scissors relationship among BH leads, where every single one is Deo-S with either Mold Breaker (or its equivalents, I use Teravolt when I go this route because it's awesome), Prankster or Magic Bounce. Prankster beats Mold Breaker which beats Magic Bounce which beats Prankster. Except it doesn't really because if the Prankster set runs Magic Coat it can beat both others and any Pranksters not running Magic Coat.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
This sounds like the rock-paper-scissors relationship among BH leads, where every single one is Deo-S with either Mold Breaker (or its equivalents, I use Teravolt when I go this route because it's awesome), Prankster or Magic Bounce. Prankster beats Mold Breaker which beats Magic Bounce which beats Prankster. Except it doesn't really because if the Prankster set runs Magic Coat it can beat both others and any Pranksters not running Magic Coat.

Or if either of them is smart enough to run Imprison...

Deoxys-S @ Lum Berry
Timid - Prankster
252 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Defence, 252 Sp. Def, 252 Speed
-Spore
-Stealth Rock
-Imprison
-Transform

That's my BH lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.