• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Su
Or if either of them is smart enough to run Imprison...

Deoxys-S @ Lum Berry
Timid - Prankster
252 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Defence, 252 Sp. Def, 252 Speed
-Spore
-Stealth Rock
-Imprison
-Transform

That's my BH lead.
O-O
Can't tell if serious or not. Would you like to be Taunted by Prankster Whimsicott who is immune to Spore?
Anyone here do LC? I'd like some tutoring on LC.
Maybe I'll apply later, maybe even during when I have to do school tutoring :)

Last edited:

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
I won four tournament battles today
I have a total of 676 points and I believe I am due a rank up! :p

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Su
O-O
Can't tell if serious or not. Would you like to be Taunted by Prankster Whimsicott who is immune to Spore?
Maybe I'll apply later, maybe even during when I have to do school tutoring :)

I can honestly say in the 250+ BH matches I've done, I have seen exactly 0 Whimsicotts.

And if I ever did find one for some reason it would be perfect set-up bait for my Xerneas.

Remember, Balanced Hackmons means just about anything is legal, so there's no real reason to use Whimsicott when you can stick Prankster on something else with better stats. Other Prankster+Taunt Pokemon are fairly uncommon, and of the ones I do see rarely do I see any Grass typed abusers, so I can usually Spore them. Even if not, his goal is just to stop the opponent's lead (which, if they're good at BH, will probably be a Deo-S as well) from Sporing everything on my team and setting up Stealth Rock. Beyond that he makes a great check to Baton Pass teams, forcing them to struggle to death (although I have a different answer to Baton Pass and Contrary abusers) and shuts down almost anything that can't KO it before it Transforms.

Last edited:

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Well here's a set we can use, burning all those physical monsters in ubers ya know?

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Magic Coat
- Judgment
- Recover

We could put flamethrower in there somewhere I suppose
Magic Bounce is in there so that this guy can act as sort of an anti lead and anti stall set
Lugia wants to poison you? well too bad
Deoxys wants to set up hazards? too bad
Darkrai wants to put you to sleep? how about smeargle? well too bad

It helps to get rid of giratina as well, which completely walls mewtwo x

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
LATE GIVEAWAY TIME

Im so sorry everyone about the delay but thats because this one is PRETTY DARN COOL.

The Giveaway this time will be....

ZANGOOSE
premierball.png
zangoose_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48na.gif
premierball.png

Zangoose
Ability: Toxic Boost
Level: 1
Jolly Nature
- Night Slash

Since its only prominent egg move of note is Night Slash ive decided only to include that! Obv he has other moves like Growl and whatnot but YKNOW.

It also comes in a very fitting Premier Ball.

All 5 IV excluding Sp.Atk.

Please feel free to adopt one if you'd like, its one of Divine's fave and im sure if you ask nicely he'll provide calcs of how it 2HKO's the entire meta and stuff! I mean, it actually really does after an SD boost and Toxic Boost. Its pretty scary 2bh.

ask and ye shall recieve​

Last edited:

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Or if either of them is smart enough to run Imprison...

Deoxys-S @ Lum Berry
Timid - Prankster
252 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Defence, 252 Sp. Def, 252 Speed
-Spore
-Stealth Rock
-Imprison
-Transform

That's my BH lead.

Magic Coat over Transform will probably end up doing more for you IMO. Prankster Transform can be nice if they have a Contrary abuser but really, Imposter Eviolite Chansey remains the best answer I'd say. Copied base stats (except its second-highest HP in the game) and Eviolite boosting the copied defenses on top of whatever boosts are copied. Heart Swap Groudon is fun and considerably less expected in my experience too. So fun to sweep after stealing boosts with Priority EQ.

My BH is slightly rusty though, haven't played in Gen 6. I wonder if the ol' Normalize Gengar set still works on people...

O-O
Maybe I'll apply later, maybe even during when I have to do school tutoring

Whimsicott is completely not viable in BH though. Movepool and abilities do not matter at all. Stats and typing are literally all that are important.

EDIT: Apparently not only do people still fall for Normalize Gengar, it can now be Normalize Mega Gengar alongside Poison Heal QD Mega Mewtwo. My day just got so much better.

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
balanced hackmons is a sin

BlackJack's Groudon - 0
Mick's Arceus-Ghost - 0

Time to vote! Be sure to Bold it!

AkaFila, there's a method to getting a quick and easy Frustration max unhappiness. It's something about putting Flame Orb on Diggersby, putting him up against something weak and continously healing him with those bitter herbs they sell. Do it 25 times, heal up at a center, and do it one final time.

It's terrible, but if ur frightened of scarf dittos then go right on ahead.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-115242918
look greninja im tired of you

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
MetalSonic, that's an Arceus-Ghost, be sure to include that.

Voting for Blackjack's Groudon
He did a plausible job with picking something that applies offensive pressure and can be covered by both Yveltal and MMX.

bailey.ga

So I just versed the worst Mega Kanga ever, did my usual bait and switch to a Ferrothorn and got half of the thing's health, next turn he goes for a Fire Blast and sweeps other 2 pokes in a few turns, I found solace in this gif

cEzjsNt.gif

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Well if we can vote for our own pokes...
I vote for Mick's Arceus-Ghost

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
LATE GIVEAWAY TIME

Im so sorry everyone about the delay but thats because this one is PRETTY DARN COOL.

The Giveaway this time will be....

ZANGOOSE
premierball.png
zangoose_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48na.gif
premierball.png

Zangoose
Ability: Toxic Boost
Level: 1
Jolly Nature
- Night Slash

Since its only prominent egg move of note is Night Slash ive decided only to include that! Obv he has other moves like Growl and whatnot but YKNOW.

It also comes in a very fitting Premier Ball.

All 5 IV excluding Sp.Atk.

Please feel free to adopt one if you'd like, its one of Divine's fave and im sure if you ask nicely he'll provide calcs of how it 2HKO's the entire meta and stuff! I mean, it actually really does after an SD boost and Toxic Boost. Its pretty scary 2bh.

ask and ye shall recieve​

For those who just might want!​

balanced hackmons is a sin

BlackJack's Groudon - 0
Mick's Arceus-Ghost - 0

Time to vote! Be sure to Bold it!

AkaFila, there's a method to getting a quick and easy Frustration max unhappiness. It's something about putting Flame Orb on Diggersby, putting him up against something weak and continously healing him with those bitter herbs they sell. Do it 25 times, heal up at a center, and do it one final time.

It's terrible, but if ur frightened of scarf dittos then go right on ahead.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-115242918
look greninja im tired of you

For those who have yet to vote!

BlackJack's Groudon - 1
Mick's Arceus-Ghost - 1

So I just versed the worst Mega Kanga ever, did my usual bait and switch to a Ferrothorn and got half of the thing's health, next turn he goes for a Fire Blast and sweeps other 2 pokes in a few turns, I found solace in this gif

oh wow lol
Fire Blast Kanga really is a thing huh

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
For those who just might want!

For those who have yet to vote!

BlackJack's Groudon - 1
Mick's Arceus-Ghost - 1

oh wow lol
Fire Blast Kanga really is a thing huh

Lesseee heeuh... I like Mick's Arceus-Ghost, Imma go with that one.

Also, is Showdown not working for anyone else? It's been not working all day for me

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I don't like either to be honest. I think we should be looking at Arceus-Steel as a solid Fairy check, and obviously we can't run that if we run Arceus-Ghost. At the same time I don't see any point in running it alongside Groudon, cause that lets opposing Xerneas muscle past it with Hidden Power (Fire).

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Arceus-Fairy eats Scizor for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and his midnight snack.

Oh, and with a little bit of an investment Xerneas can survive Bullet Punch and OHKO with Hidden Power (Fire)... Or just hit it on the switch for that matter.

Here's some calcs.

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Fairy: 206-246 (46.3 - 55.4%) -- 68% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Arceus-Fairy Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 360-428 (104.6 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And chances are it will Calm Mind on the switch.

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 24 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 338-398 (84.7 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
24 HP EVs are all Xerneas needs to survive Bullet Punch.

Meanwhile...

252 SpA Xerneas Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 316-376 (91.8 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Xerneas Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 632-744 (183.7 - 216.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Not gonna work out in our favour.

Now, let's take a look at Arceus-Steel. The set I had in mind was the "Fairy Basher" set.

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Attack
Careful - Multitype
-Iron Head
-Stealth Rock
-Recover
-Will-O-Wisp

If we're going Balanced I think Arceus-Steel would make a great support Pokemon, smacking the **** out of those Fairies while setting up Stealth Rock and spreading Burns. MaxMax HP/Sp. Def ensures that Xerneas can't 2HKO with +2 HP Fire even if Stealth Rock is up, while Arceus easily 2HKOs with Iron Head.

Last edited:

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Arceus-Fairy eats Scizor for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and his midnight snack.

Oh, and with a little bit of an investment Xerneas can survive Bullet Punch and OHKO with Hidden Power (Fire)... Or just hit it on the switch for that matter.

Here's some calcs.

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Fairy: 206-246 (46.3 - 55.4%) -- 68% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Arceus-Fairy Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 360-428 (104.6 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And chances are it will Calm Mind on the switch.

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 24 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 338-398 (84.7 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
24 HP EVs are all Xerneas needs to survive Bullet Punch.

Meanwhile...

252 SpA Xerneas Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 316-376 (91.8 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Xerneas Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 632-744 (183.7 - 216.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Not gonna work out in our favour.

Now, let's take a look at Arceus-Steel. The set I had in mind was the "Fairy Basher" set.

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Attack
Careful - Multitype
-Iron Head
-Stealth Rock
-Recover
-Will-O-Wisp

If we're going Balanced I think Arceus-Steel would make a great support Pokemon, smacking the **** out of those Fairies while setting up Stealth Rock and spreading Burns. MaxMax HP/Sp. Def ensures that Xerneas can't 2HKO with +2 HP Fire even if Stealth Rock is up, while Arceus easily 2HKOs with Iron Head.

Focus Blast hitting us twice will screw us up though :c
Otherwise I like this set
We could even put magic bounce instead of rocks if we wanted :O

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Focus Blast hitting us twice will screw us up though :c
Otherwise I like this set
We could even put magic bounce instead of rocks if we wanted :O

Will you change your vote then?

BlackJack's Groudon - 1
epic's Scizor - 0
Mick's Arceus-Ghost - 2

Do vote and bold your pick!

Last day is on the morrow at high evenin!

Last edited:
Nominating Aegislash

aegislash.png

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
IV's: 0 Spe
Nature: Sassy
-King's Shield
-Toxic
-Gyro Ball
-Shadow Ball / Substitute / Head Smash​

Aegislash offers defensive support for both Yveltal and Mewtwo against Fairy types that threaten them such as Clefable, Xerneas, and Arceus-Fairy. Gyro Ball OHKO's Xerneas and dents faster switch-ins. Toxic allows you to whittle down bulkier pokes while staying in shield form. Shadow Ball gives good coverage against physically defensive pokes like Groudon and Lando-t, Sub synergizes well with Toxic and King's Shield, and Head Smash provides coverage against Yveltal and Ho-oh if we are to need it.

Voting for the set too if it wasn't assumed.

Status
Not open for further replies.