• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Like I said, checking M-Absol with Amoonguss is ridiculous. Not only can M-Absol bounce back Spore/Stun Spore/Toxic, but it can set up Sword's Dance on it or just blow it away with Fire Blast, while there is absolutely nothing Amoonguss can do in return.

And with this I believe I will vote for slowp...Florges!

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Wow guys its a record-setting TWO VOTES

Is that it? If that if then lemme get on it l8r today. -w-

I was refraining myself from posting anything in the hopes that someone else would post something, but all that happened was that we had a more than 24 hours gap between two posts x.x

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
OKAY OKAY

AND THE WINNER IS...

florges-png.3802

FLORGES

With its spectacular BULK and wish coring with Umbreon its won over a couple of hearts. Quite the defensive backbone we got goin on with Umbreon and Florges. All this potential wishing will surely ensure our insurance against defeat for sure.

What do we need now? I think maybe we should be thinkin about things that would break down things easily. I like the idea of an offensive Rocker like Nidoking personally, but that's just me! Like usual, take ur time. <<

EDIT: Actually, Nidoking sounds really good actually. Absorbin t-spikes and offensive presence and good synergizin and king and yea

Last edited:

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Like metal I was thinking along the lines of an offensive rocker except that I thought this guy would be the best
Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy / Filter
EVs: 252 Def / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Nature: Adamant
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch
He loves getting those wishes and tanks physical attacks easily though perhaps you guys might want something else for our mega slot :p

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
o wow im dumb, how could we get input if I didnt put the team so far?

here's the team so far for those of you are unaware

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Protect

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Protect/Hidden Power Fire

Florges is up for ev changin

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
Like metal I was thinking along the lines of an offensive rocker except that I thought this guy would be the best
Aggron @ Aggronite
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch
He loves getting those wishes and tanks physical attacks easily though perhaps you guys might want something else for our mega slot :p

I want to change this set to stall because we have more psyhical threats like medicham that we can use to for our team

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Aggron @ Aggronite
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch

"The foe's _____ used Focus Blast/Earthquake/Close Combat/Any Special move in the game! It's super effective!"

Also I don't think we should choose our Mega just yet. In fact, after trying to find a hard counter for it (and realizing that there really are none, except maybe that physically defensive Arcanine Metal mentioned), I was thinking maybe Mega Absol. But 2 super frail Pokemon on 1 team seems a little meh.

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I want to change this set to stall because we have more psyhical threats like medicham that we can use to for our team

Stall? Im really thinkin we should upp our offensiveness though. :0

"The foe's _____ used Focus Blast/Earthquake/Close Combat/Any Special move in the game! It's super effective!"

Also I don't think we should choose our Mega just yet. In fact, after trying to find a hard counter for it (and realizing that there really are none, except maybe that physically defensive Arcanine Metal mentioned), I was thinking maybe Mega Absol. But 2 super frail Pokemon on 1 team seems a little meh.

Physically defensive Florges wouldnt go over well enough?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Mickey D, got any good M-Absol sets? I was thinking Sucker Punch / Fire Blast / Sword's Dance / Play Rough, but I dunno if Superpower should be on there somewhere or not.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Mickey D, got any good M-Absol sets? I was thinking Sucker Punch / Fire Blast / Sword's Dance / Play Rough, but I dunno if Superpower should be on there somewhere or not.

That looks pretty good to me, and I think fire blast covers anything we would want to hit with superpower.

McDanger

absol is to frail to really pull of a swords dance imo

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 184 Atk / 72 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

I tweaked with some evs and this is the best set i could come up with. Speed is just enough to outpace positive speeds of 100, aiming to outpace victini, haxorus, and heracross while Absol has enough special attack to always OHKO Bisharp with fire blast, ice beam will always OHKO Zygarde, who idek why its in low tiers, while sucker punch still does massive damage, still able to OHKO latias. Finally Will o wisp is nice to burn threats that come in such as Mega Aggron, Mega Medicham, and Haxorus as well as weaken walls such as Hippowdon.

72+ SpA Mega Absol Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 360-424 (100.5 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
72+ SpA Mega Absol Ice Beam vs. 36 HP / 0 SpD Haxorus: 230-272 (76.1 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
72+ SpA Mega Absol Ice Beam vs. 36 HP / 0 SpD Haxorus: 230-272 (76.1 - 90%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
72+ SpA Mega Absol Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Aerodactyl: 180-212 (59.6 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
72+ SpA Mega Absol Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 226-266 (53.8 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

72+ SpA Mega Absol Fire Blast vs. 32 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 280-330 (100.3 - 118.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
72+ SpA Mega Absol Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 187-222 (54.3 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
72+ SpA Mega Absol Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Roserade: 202-238 (77 - 90.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

184 Atk Mega Absol Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 306-360 (101.3 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
184 Atk Mega Absol Sucker Punch vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 153-180 (50.6 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
184 Atk Mega Absol Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Medicham: 160-189 (61.3 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I would honestly wouldnt use absol on the team as its meant to break physical walls, but the team is way to defensive it just would get rid of most of the momentum that Absol would gain, plus fails to really benefit, but its a beast so it could work, your choice

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
+2 252 SpA Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 402-474 (56.3 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Nasty Plot Gengar NEEDS TO BE A THING.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
+2 252 SpA Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 402-474 (56.3 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Nasty Plot Gengar NEEDS TO BE A THING.

I don't think Blissey is gunna have so little investment in SpD though...

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
Application Form
Name: John Wallrein
PO/PS Name: John Wallrein
Wi-Fi Friend Code: nah
Why you want to join: remember guys around here
Number of badges of Serebii Leagues: ?
Battling Experience: Bunch back in the 5th gen, have yet to play 6th gen
Referrer: nah

Status
Not open for further replies.