• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicdrill

Rank?: 4
Opponent's Serebii name?: HoboJak
Win or Lose?: W
Score?: 3-0
Your current won battle total? 74
How I felt about it: gg, was fun. I love using that team, so fun to use.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
I tested TMC and he beat me 1-0, was a very good and fun match so he deserves to be Rank 2 :]

Welcome to all the new members!

Make sure to sign up for our upcoming NU tournament on the Guild Tournaments thread. We're at 5 right now and need at least 8!

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
Hey guys we should war soon so I am like we need some new members and retest some old members so come on the xat chat this Saturday all day or Sunday after 3 so I can test you

epicdrill

Hey guys we should war soon so I am like we need some new members and retest some old members so come on the xat chat this Saturday all day or Sunday after 3 so I can test you

Will it be XY or ORAS? I'm assuming XY because that is the standard meta rn, although ORAS will be the standard in 14 days.

Zachmac

I'm still extremely happy that this thread is active again. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

I think I'll pass on the war team. Generally, I'd jump right at the opportunity, but I'm just so out of practice. I probably won't be fighting any real competitive matches until after ORAS gets released.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I'm going to apply for a sub.
Meta, can I be tested on Monday?
All of my teams are on the university's computers -_-'

Speaking of teams,
I brought two possible cores for Mega Sceptile with me!
*reaches in bag*
Wait, I forgot them, brb

~Who's getting ready for ORAS?~
I'm doing competitive on my OR version, and Nuzlocke on my AS version

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I'm doing a nuzlocke the very moment I get OR. I'm really excited for ORAS VGC, xy disgusts me now.

Disgusts?
Ok...

Found the cores
Sceptile Team 1
Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power (Fire)
- Focus Blast

Gyarados @ Focus Band
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power (Ice)

With this core I was aiming at creating a core that can hit hard and rely on each other for resists. Heatran can use HP Ice, Flash Cannon or Earth Power on opponents that threaten Gyarados with Rock moves on. It also resists M-Sceptile's Dragon, Flying and Fairy weaknesses.
M-Sceptile can take advantage of anyone using Electric moves against Gyarados, quickly turning it into a hard hitting Special Attacker with STABs and HP Fire.
The Gyarados set was recommended to me (I forgot who Quagsire is on serebii). The set allows Gyara to take no damage from EQ and advantage of Heatran's Ground weakness, along with helping Heatran get rid of other Heatran's.

Sceptile Team 2
Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Psyshock

Vulgina @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Or
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold / Impish
0 Atk IVs / No IVs Removed
- Foul Play / Knock Off
- Roost
- Dark Pulse / U-turn
- Air Slash / Brave Bird
With this core, I was focusing on damage-tolerance (not really bulkiness). I decided to feign HP Fire with Giga Drain on M-Scep, as that seems to be the only recovery move that doesn't incapacitate it, is STAB, and can take advantage of a lot of Mandibuzz's threats.
Slowbro is annoying Slowbro with max Defense, Regen, Slack Off and Lefties to take SEs fairly well. This set can take advantage of Bug types as well, using Fire Blast to shake off damage. Ice moves can be shrugged off well on Slowbro.
I need help with his EV spread, though, as I'm not sure whether to max HP or max special offense.
Mandibuzz is there to punish physical attackers than can bring harm to Sceptile. STAB Dark Pulse and Foul Play can be used well.
However, Mandibuzz can opt for a fully physical set, using Knock Off to replace Foul play, Brave Bird to replace Air Slash.
Which EV/IV spread should i use when putting Mandi on a core with Slowbro and Mega Sceptile?

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Disgusts?
Ok...

Found the cores
Sceptile Team 1
Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power (Fire)
- Focus Blast

Gyarados @ Focus Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Heatran @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power (Ice)

With this core I was aiming at creating a core that can hit hard and rely on each other for resists. Heatran can use HP Ice, Flash Cannon or Earth Power on opponents that threaten Gyarados with Rock moves on. It also resists M-Sceptile's Dragon, Flying and Fairy weaknesses.
M-Sceptile can take advantage of anyone using Electric moves against Gyarados, quickly turning it into a hard hitting Special Attacker with STABs and HP Fire.
The Gyarados set was recommended to me (I forgot who Quagsire is on serebii). The set allows Gyara to take no damage from EQ and advantage of Heatran's Ground weakness, along with helping Heatran get rid of other Heatran's.

Sceptile Team 2
Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Psyshock

Vulgina @ Leftovers
Or
Bold / Impish
- Foul Play / Knock Off
- Roost
- Dark Pulse / U-turn
- Air Slash / Brave Bird
With this core, I was focusing on damage-tolerance (not really bulkiness). I decided to feign HP Fire with Giga Drain on M-Scep, as that seems to be the only recovery move that doesn't incapacitate it, is STAB, and can take advantage of a lot of Mandibuzz's threats.
Slowbro is annoying Slowbro with max Defense, Regen, Slack Off and Lefties to take SEs fairly well. This set can take advantage of Bug types as well, using Fire Blast to shake off damage. Ice moves can be shrugged off well on Slowbro.
I need help with his EV spread, though, as I'm not sure whether to max HP or max special offense.
Mandibuzz is there to punish physical attackers than can bring harm to Sceptile. STAB Dark Pulse and Foul Play can be used well.
However, Mandibuzz can opt for a fully physical set, using Knock Off to replace Foul play, Brave Bird to replace Air Slash.
Which EV/IV spread should i use when putting Mandi on a core with Slowbro and Mega Sceptile?

I wouldn't consider putting air slash on mandibuzz, since its defensive and its special attack isnt that great it needs a high power move like brave bird to actually do something. Same goes for dark pulse, foul play and knock off are much better options for mandibuzz. I would do defog, roost, foul play, knock off/brave bird

Focus Band Gyarados sounds so odd...if you want to run a regular Gyarados I would consider running the sub lefties ddance waterfall bounce set

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Disgusts?
Ok...

Found the cores
Sceptile Team 1
Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power (Fire)
- Focus Blast

Gyarados @ Focus Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Heatran @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power (Ice)

Sceptile Team 2
Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Psyshock

Vulgina @ Leftovers
Or
Bold / Impish
- Foul Play / Knock Off
- Roost
- Dark Pulse / U-turn
- Air Slash / Brave Bird

Focus band, ew.

Anyways, even though I've gotten out of this game pretty much, I'd consider tran/scep/buzz at the very least. However...it gets pooped on by mega heracross (nothing wants to switch into this directly, given the switch is predicted, blah blah blah). I pretty much feel like you'd have to have something that can switch into it and not get rekt by it in order for this team to even work -- slowbro even gets smashed by it. Gliscor maybe that better option, though it doesn't really have much to scare it off. If I'm trying to say anything, due to the existance of mega heracross, your cores thus far won't work.

Aoki

Want to battle??
Rank?:1
Oppnents Serebii name?: woe is nick (don't know forum name)
Win or Lose?: win
Score?: 2-0
Your current won battle total?:1
How did u feel about it?: a lot of had towards the end, but eh nothing we can do about it

Rank?:1
Oppnents Serebii name?: woe is nick again
Win or Lose?: win
Score?:5-0
Your current won battle total?: 2
How did u feel about it?: i had the lead from some good plays early on, but then we got more hax except it was in my favor. We just had to finish it out. It wasnt much, imo, batt i got an important crit that couldve been helpful to him if i didnt get it.

Last edited:

epicdrill

Rank?: 4->5
Score?: 1-0
Your current won battle total? 75 (rank up)
How I felt about it: gg, was fun. I meant to use my other team lol

Rank?: 5
Score?: 3-0
Your current won battle total? 76
How I felt about it: gg

Status
Not open for further replies.