• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
In with Binacle.

I'm also gonna take this a little step further, and use only pokemon introduced in gen 6, as a personal challenge.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Oops.... Deleted lol

NANI

Also, one more day for suggestions on the CAP CCAT! So far we have two second team member suggests!

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Oh, before I forget, legendaries aren't allowed! You know how runs go, wouldnt want it to be super easy. ^^

So my Mewtwo / Yveltal / Xerneas / Kyogre / Arceus / Darkrai team isn't allowed?

GTFO.

Zachmac

Wait, how do these "run" challenges work? Is it just a race to beat the game first? Or do we all just play the game at the same time just for the lolz of it all?
Are there any sort of rules to it?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
ayye!!! how you guys doing?!

afro ur gr8
CAPMONS CCAT ROUND 2 TEAMMATE VOTING ON IS TOMMORW
NUZLOCKE X/Y RUN SOON JUST GOTTA GET THING READY
TOURNAMENT PROGRESSING

Wait, how do these "run" challenges work? Is it just a race to beat the game first? Or do we all just play the game at the same time just for the lolz of it all?
Are there any sort of rules to it?

RACE
GOTTA FINISH QUICK
or u can chill and take it at your own pace
really, everyone's a winner so long as you finish what you start -w-

Zachmac

Woah, I almost missed that Serperior was being distributed in the US as well. Good thing I double checked that.

That ought to teach all those rotating Crocunes and MegaBros in Battle Spot.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
It's about time I gave up. I'm still stuck in generation 5, and I just don't know what I'm doing anymore.

I've been stuck in my glory days. My days of Gen 5 were I scored #102 on the PO ladder with a Zoroark...when I could make a unique move set without it being outclassed or a gimmick...when I had a reputation in both the Serebii competitive discussion and in my old clan...I'm just not what I once was, and it's about time I acknowledge that.

I'm going to revive an old favorite Gen 5 team of mine, fix it up for gen 6, and that will be my only team for battling and laddering from now on. I just don't have the motivation or gen 6 experience to handle more then one team anymore.

This isn't self pity. It's just me acknowledging how I changed and telling myself how to deal with it.

...Sorry for ranting, I just need to get that out of my system, and I really needed to make that promise to myself.
I'm not quitting. I'm here to stay. It's just about time that I took it down a notch.

Maybe you should get yourself accustomed to the current metagame and build a working team with common OU threats first. Once you feel like you got the hang of things, THEN you can start by incorporating lesser-used mons into your team. Teambuilding is all a matter of trial and error, so I wouldn't just give up if I were you.

I don't know if you've already looked at this or not, but this webpage is pretty helpful for scouting things out. While all the points made in the consequent discussion aren't always correct, it can always help to read arguments and counter arguments.

Zachmac

Nah, I just don't have the energy to be focusing so much on the game anymore. I feel like only using one team is the only way I can stay motivated to keep playing Pokemon.
Maybe I'll go back and rebuild a couple more of my old teams later, so I can have a full set of 3 to use for tournies and such, but I just don't spend enough time on the ladder to stay fresh.

That said, the team I'm using now is a pretty awesome one. I'm amazed that it still works in this gen, since I figured fairies would really hurt its viability, but it's still functional.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
So far the participants for this X/Y run are...

Divine co-starring Ralts
Gdas co-starring Marrill
Sunshine co-starring Zorua
Iron co-starring Binacle
ptz co-starring Larvitar
FlareBlitz3000 co-starring Aerodactyl

If I missed you, say so! They're all set to their base forms. Once it starts, you cannot change them! So change em if you want right now, but no legendarys! Any more participants? I wanna get this started late tomorrow or Saturday, but Sunday is possible. If you have questions, please PM me! Sign-Ups will only be going for 2 or 3 days after the run officially begins. You're gonna need a fresh X/Y file to participate ofc.

All you gotta say is "in with [Pokemon]" and you're in.

This is a Nuzlocke by the way, with altered rules a bit, but i'll post those later. -w-

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
^ noted

It's voting time for the Round 2 team member voting for the CAP CCAT! We got two entries to pick and choose from this time around!

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz

I've taken a look at the CAP threat list, and a lot of pokes such as Necturna, Aurumoth, Tomohawk, Arghonaut, Malaconda, Syclant don't want to take a priority Brave Bird. It serves as a revenger killer (revenging stuff like Shell Smash Necturna and DDance/ QDance Aurumoth) and wallbreaker (being able to set up Sword Dances on will-o users like Pyroak). Drawbacks include a glaring rock weakness in conjunction with Aurumoth.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 SDef
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roar

My first instinct when Aurumoth was picked was to add Defensive Heatran to the team.
First off, having Rocks on the field helps any offensive position to pull off a quicker sweep. Toxic also helps our sweepers, and Steel types that resist poisoning don't want to take a Lava Plume even if unboosted.
Secondly, Aurumoth hates Fire and Rock moves, which Heatran can take if you can't take the sweep.
Additionally, because Aurumoth has Blizzard, it can take Colossoil, a major threat to Heatran in that it can bounce back Rocks.
This set allows Heatran to survive both physical hits (mainly Pursuit from Colossoil because we don't want to be 1v1 with it) and special moves from opposing Special Aurumoth and Tomohawk.

Well what're you waitin on? VOTE FOR ONE.
Think hard though, you can wait on that, but only within the allotted time, eh?
Round 2 teammate round ends on the 24'th 10:00 PM.

frontnormal-maurumoth.png

Aurumoth @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Psyshock/Focus Blast/Will-O-Wisp

Been a long time since I've played CAP so the EVs will probably need to be tweaked. Quiver Dance Aurumoth is a monster of a Pokemon, able to spam 100% accurate Blizzards and Thunders. The last moveset is kind of a toss-up. Psyshock is a good STAB that hits Blissey and stuff hard, but it's only marginally more powerful than Blizzard/Thunder. Focus Blast wrecks some of the few things that resist BoltBeam, like Magnezone. Will-O-Wisp can cripple common switch-ins and helps him take physical hits.

Auromoth's Smogon page

Short little rundown time copy and pasted. Remember guys, CAPMons is built around the current OU tier. As in these Pokemon intermingle outside the official current OU tier, but using the current OU rules and allowed Pokemon in a metagame called CAP. Kinda like an alternate dimension. Meaning like Blackjack said, you CAN suggest other Pokemon that aren't CAPmons but only OU and below. All finalized CAPmons are included here in this link, I believe. Correct me if i'm wrong im kinda learning as I go to. ^^
You can also delve into general CAPmon details using this link as well in case im super confusing

CAP Encyclopedia

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Voting for Heatran.

Status
Not open for further replies.