• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Can randomly encountering guild mates on the ladder count towards battles? C:

sure

all he's gotta do is agree on it

all you gotta do is fill it out

all i gotta do is add it in

all we gotta do is belieb

also it is currently 1-1 on Mega-Scizor and Mega-Metagross
DO THE VOTING THING

Last edited:

Zachmac

all we gotta do is belieb
I stopped believing in Arceus so long ago.

If Arceus was really a benevolent, all-powerful diety like we believed him to be, he wouldn't of let my Nuzloche Onix die. :( Now I only believe in anarchy and the Dome Fossil.
...I really gotta finish that nuzloche. I'll try to work at it a little more this week.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Rank?: 1
Oppnents Serebii name?: McHearth
Win or Lose?: Win
Score?: 1-0
Your current won battle total? I think 2 ._.
How did u feel about it?: Great Game. :)

by my count u got like
10 battles!

I stopped believing in Arceus so long ago.

If Arceus was really a benevolent, all-powerful diety like we believed him to be, he wouldn't of let my Nuzloche Onix die. :( Now I only believe in anarchy and the Dome Fossil.
...I really gotta finish that nuzloche. I'll try to work at it a little more this week.

Oh yea, get to updating those locks everyone! >:0
We got Iron who's already waayy ahead/

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
What? I had the bonus restriction of only gen 6 pokemon, I just have a lot of time on my hands.

Speaking of which, because I had my extra restriction, do I get a bonus or no?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
What? I had the bonus restriction of only gen 6 pokemon, I just have a lot of time on my hands.

Speaking of which, because I had my extra restriction, do I get a bonus or no?

b-but you said it was a personal challenge
you'll be getting 5 battle points by the end of this, regardless
check em Nuzlocke Rules

also, challenge comin up!

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Ah well, 5 points is more than I'll ever get from battling, because I'm rubbish at battling still. Ah well, time to update the sig with my new 5 points.

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
What are your thoughts on Megagross suspect? Do you think it'll get banned or not?
I don't think its that broken where it needs a ban.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
ecOvMYV_zps9edpvs00.png

credits to Astral Shadow

Today marks the beginning of the sweeping snek challenge!

Everyone knows Serperior's been slitherin up those lower ranks pretty quickly with the release of his glorious new ability for about a month, yeah?? Now, Contrary to when he only had his old ability, there's been an Overgrow of Serperior Teams on the OU ladder. So what better way to test em out then to try it out on a little challenge?

Rules

~~~

1. You must post at least 5 replays of your climb of the ladder featuring Serperior on your team rekking things. It doesnt have to be a sweep, just him obviously pressuring the opponent. This challenge shall take place on the current suspect OU ladder.
only replays over 1150 ELO count.

2. Your main goals are to get 1400 ELO and 5 replays, you may post them in bulk.
3. You must use a fresh alt which must be posted on the must be filled out form that I must post below. Meaning no battles on this alt within the current OU suspect tier, basically. I'll check them.
4. You must provide proof in a screenshot.
5. This is on the main server. Pls dont get server banned.

~~~

Form

Your fresh PS alt:
how much u bench:

~~~

Sign-Ups end on the February 15th 10:00 PM CMT. May change.
The sweeping snek challenge itself ends on the February 24'th 10:00 PM CMT.
Those who meet the requirements and succeed shall be awarded 10 battle points.
Best of luck to all u joinin dudesss.
;_;7

Last edited:

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Your fresh PS alt: Mick H
how much u bench: I bench ur mom allllll nite long bby

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Ah well, 5 points is more than I'll ever get from battling, because I'm rubbish at battling still. Ah well, time to update the sig with my new 5 points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYzMYcUty6s

What are your thoughts on Megagross suspect? Do you think it'll get banned or not?
I don't think its that broken where it needs a ban.

It is REALLY really powerful and insanely good at what it does but it's still pretty 4 moveslot syndromey as it's pretty well known for. Much like the suspect itself im pretty half'n'half on it as well. Moreso leaning towards no ban though but only on a tiny margin.
Didn't people think Mega-Meta would be terrible at first?

I would join the Serperior thing but I can't access main server for now. :/

SURELY YOU'LL BE ABLE TO SOON
what happened if u dont mind me askin...? oh and

CAPMons CCAT

CAPmons%20Banner_zpshidbswg7.png

FINALE ROUND
credits to 00swms

SCIZY WINS​

Mega-Scizor comes in as our winner and secures itself a spot on our team with its defensive and offensive prowess. With the ability to apply offensive sweeping pressure you felt we needed and take the hits you felt others didn't need to take im sure it wont find too many probs with Bullet Punching holes into things that might hinder our other members. Another potential Baton Pass recipient!
Playstyle: Balance

frontnormal-maurumoth.png

Aurumoth @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Psyshock/Focus Blast/Will-O-Wisp

Been a long time since I've played CAP so the EVs will probably need to be tweaked. Quiver Dance Aurumoth is a monster of a Pokemon, able to spam 100% accurate Blizzards and Thunders. The last moveset is kind of a toss-up. Psyshock is a good STAB that hits Blissey and stuff hard, but it's only marginally more powerful than Blizzard/Thunder. Focus Blast wrecks some of the few things that resist BoltBeam, like Magnezone. Will-O-Wisp can cripple common switch-ins and helps him take physical hits.

Auromoth's Smogon page

485.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 SDef
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roar

My first instinct when Aurumoth was picked was to add Defensive Heatran to the team.
First off, having Rocks on the field helps any offensive position to pull off a quicker sweep. Toxic also helps our sweepers, and Steel types that resist poisoning don't want to take a Lava Plume even if unboosted.
Secondly, Aurumoth hates Fire and Rock moves, which Heatran can take if you can't take the sweep.
Additionally, because Aurumoth has Blizzard, it can take Colossoil, a major threat to Heatran in that it can bounce back Rocks.
This set allows Heatran to survive both physical hits (mainly Pursuit from Colossoil because we don't want to be 1v1 with it) and special moves from opposing Special Aurumoth and Tomohawk.

frontnormal-mtomohawk.png

Tomohawk @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Baton Pass
- Aura Sphere/Air Slash

Tomohawk is too good not to have. It provides nice synergy will Heatran (Tran resists bird spam, Tomo is immune to Ground and resists fighting) and works as a pivot with Baton Pass. It can also pass along Substitutes to facilitate setting up opportunities for Aurumoth or any other Pokemon is general.

Tomohawk's Smogon page

frontnormal-mcolossoil.png

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rebound
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Pursuit/Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Probably one of the best bulky offensive spinners in the game (access to dark typing and Rebound for spin blockers is ****ing godly), it spins away rocks and other hazards that chip away at Aurumoth's health. It also provides nice synergy with Hawlucha Tomahawk, being immune to Psychic and Electric and Hawlucha Tomahawk resisting Fighting. They share a Fairy weakness that's covered by Heatran.

What Rebound Is
Rebound

Precisely the following moves will not affect this Pokémon on the turn it switches in, but rather, are bounced back at their user:

All moves that induce status as their only effect (including Yawn), except Teeter Dance
All moves that do no damage but alter the target's stats (including Flatter and Swagger), except Defog and Memento
Attract
Block
Gastro Acid
Leech Seed
Mean Look
Spider Web
Worry Seed

Collosoil's Smogon page

scizor.png

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Simple set. BPunch terrifies most all fairies, while Bug Bite threatens a good few other pokemon. Roost gives you the self-healing that you don't get from most of Scizor's competition, and SD lets it reach crazy levels of attack stupidly quickly.

Remember guys, CAPMons is built around the current OU tier. As in these Pokemon intermingle outside the official current OU tier, but using the current OU rules and allowed Pokemon in a metagame called CAP. Kinda like an alternate dimension. Meaning like Blackjack said, you CAN suggest other Pokemon that aren't CAP but only OU and below. All finalized mons are included here in this link, I believe. Correct me if i'm wrong im kinda learning as I go to. ^^
You can also delve into general CAPmon details and CAPmon Pokedex respectively using the links as well in case im super confusing

CAP Encyclopedia

CAPMons Pokedex

For conveniences sake i've included a direct link to the CAPMons Pokedex in the rundown spoilered above!

Finale Round is upon us. Grab ur thinking caps cause this last mon is the mon that'll tie everything up. We have our main sweepers in Aurumoth and Scizor (heh bugs), Support/Utility in Heatran and Tomohok, and even a spinner to ensure our mons go without any pesky hazards, especially for our main bug. But are there still things that bother us? Read up on some threats!
The time is now.
The time is now to SUGGEST.
Suggestions end on February 14'th 10:00 PM CMT.
godspeed, venenobros
;_;7

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Wait... My set won?

I say 'my set', Mick gave me some help on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.