• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing a ton of Sheik and Luigi. Gotta rep those high tier characters. Like to use Ganon and Jiggs if I'm messing around tho.

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
Defeated 5th Gym. Had to put Aerodactyl on the sidelines for this one because of its Electric weakness. This gave time for Lucario to shine, as it was my only Pokemon witha Ground move. After defeating Clemont, I went to Route 14, defeated Serena, caught my Pokemon(Weepinbell) and saved the game.

I'm a Stoner(Aerodactyl) Lv 40
YRH(Lucario) Lv 38
Finesser(Granbull) Lv 36
Justin(Snorlax) Lv 36
Fight Night(Mienfoo) Lv 35
TrapAHolic(Weepinbell) Lv 32
Pidgey Lv 9
Add Em Up(Gulpin) Lv 14
China Town(Butterfree) Lv 17
Tyrunt Lv 21
Kush Calone(Wobbuffet) Lv 22
Ralts(Lv 8-Lv 15): Died in a Double Battle against 2 Smeargles. First one used Helping Hand, and the second one used Metal Claw. This was especially disappointing, as I felt that this was my best encounter in the game so far and the Smeargle caught me off guard.

Ounces(Venipede: Lv 10-Lv 16): Died against Tierno and Trevor. Tierno's Corphish killed it with a +2 crit Vice Grip.

Contraband(Sandile: Lv 16-Lv 21): Died against Grant. His Tyrunt killed it with a crit Stomp.

Antidope(Ivysaur: Lv 10-Lv 25): Died in a Double Battle against Brains and Brawn. A mistimed switch caused it to get bopped by Mr. Mime's Psybeam.

Birds(Fletchinder: Lv 5-Lv 31): Lost against one of Korrina's Gym Trainers. Got hit with a Sawk's counter at half HP.

Body Parts(Slowpoke: Lv 25-Lv 30): Died to a wild Dugtrio

btw who does everyone main in Smash? Juuuuust wondering

Main is Greninja. Secondary is Toon Link(used to be Pac-Man). Use Mr. Game and Watch(such a troll) a lot when playing friends and having fun on For Glory, along with Captain Falcon, Pit/Dark Pit(still don't know who's better), and Bowser Jr.

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
^ oh man running into trappers in Nuzzers is the worst

No Diddys, im very proud of you all!
heh jk, nice to know we're all still very interested in Smash so i'll havta keep that in mind, but isn't Pit better than Dark Pit if my data serves correctly?

ANDAND

1'stmon/Playstyle Voting Round​

The time's been up for quite a while, it's time for the real voting to go down FOR our UU CCAT's first Pokemon-to-be-built-around! This Pokemon is VEERRYY important as it comes first and thus, guides our hands and is super influential for the rest, so choose well! UU CCAT is a go~

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Nice sweeper with high offense and speed, but pretty frail. Plus 2 Knock Off hits like a beast, Sucker Punch is for faster stuff, and Play Rough provides coverage against stuff that resists dark (mainly Fighting and other Dark types).

Playstyle - HO cause **** stall

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast / Ice Beam
- Moonlight / Substitute

Solid check to most fighting types, Nidoqueen, and the common Salamence and Aerodactyl. Works very well against balanced and bulky offense playstyles setting up on many supportive Pokemon, especially if carrying Substitute.

CM Cress operates best under a Balanced playstyle.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost->Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake/Protect

Good ol' fashioned MegaPedo sweeping. Crunch and Ice Fang get the biting boost after Mega, Waterfall and EQ offer good coverage, plus one's STAB. SubBoost is basically the closest Sharpedo can do for setup.
For this guy, we'll need either HO or Balanced, IDK which atm.

There we have 'em! Voting starts....
NOW
Voting for this round ends on MARCH 2'nd 10:00 PM CMT

Also, the CAP sign-up deadline has been passed!
Those of you involved, the deadline to get those replays in is
MARCH 3'rd 10:00 PM CMT

;_;7

Last edited:

Zachmac

Voting Absol. For real this time.
ugh, i wonder when that jeo site's gonna come back up? i have a few back up questions, but yknow....
btw who does everyone main in Smash? Juuuuust wondering
Charizard, Pit, and Dark Pit.
Pit and Dark Pit because I'm a huge fan of Kid Icarus Uprising.
Charizard because it's freaking Charizard. How could I say no to Charizard?

I also play Link, Pikachu, and Lucario as secondaries.
So many pokymanz.
heh jk, nice to know we're all still very interested in Smash so i'll havta keep that in mind, but isn't Pit better than Dark Pit if my data serves correctly?
Pit's got better arrows, a better side tilt since it has more kill power, and a better side special since it sets up juggles and usually kills sooner.
But I'd say they're still fairly even, since the latter two differences are pretty situational.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Lucina n' Dark Pit usually, Bowser Jr. if I wanna just troll and win ez. Marth, Link and Pit are also usable... I'm sure I forgot someone. :x

You are trash with Link /(-w-/) plz jak plz.

I use Bowser. With my deadly custom set. Makes him fast and strong af.

I'll use Ness, Yoshi, Bowser Jr. , and a few others as well. But since I use Bowser most, he's muh main man.

Zachmac

Who says that PU pokemon are totally unviable in OU?
Let's see, your opponent had three dragon attacks on their Garchomp(one of which being Dragon Rush), didn't Mega Evolve their Charizard(which knew both Flamethrower and Fire Blast) or Ampharos(not all that viable without a mega), used a gimmicky Hypnosis+Nightmare combo on their Gengar...I don't think that proved the viability of anything.

Some PU pokemon like Dusclops might have some niche roles, but that doesn't mean Bibarel and Kricketune are viable.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Let's see, your opponent had three dragon attacks on their Garchomp(one of which being Dragon Rush), didn't Mega Evolve their Charizard(which knew both Flamethrower and Fire Blast) or Ampharos(not all that viable without a mega), used a gimmicky Hypnosis+Nightmare combo on their Gengar...I don't think that proved the viability of anything.

Some PU pokemon like Dusclops might have some niche roles, but that doesn't mean Bibarel and Kricketune are viable.

It was a joke.

Dusclops is NFE, btw.

and the thing is, I was using even more gimmicky sets, on Pokemon that are horrible even in the lowest tier.

Last edited:

Conquer Phoenix

Falling Light
I was about to destroy that whole post you did Black glad it was a joke lololololl hahahahahahahahahahah

anywhos I like that guy with the big sword that moves slow in smash and peach

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Wall-A-Kazam (Alakazam) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Barrier
- Recover
- Psyshock

r8 my sizzlin new set

Also, voting for Cresselia
Alsoalso, where's the votin?? So far we have 2 Absol, 1 Sharpedo, 1 Cress.
geddin those votes, will ya?? it takes negative -2 secs to do so imhomlidk9unit

Hrm...but who here is the most seasoned in Smash? Any souls wanna post some w/l ratios? -w-
really wanna main wii fit guy as well, but sometimes
sometimes it just feels like
sidesmash hitbox was patched out for the battle

Last edited:

Zachmac

It was a joke.
Oh, haha.

But hey, in all fairness, sometimes it's hard to tell. I'm sure there are some people out there who would actually think Curse on Dusclops is a good idea.
r8 my sizzlin new set
I'm just running through calcs right now, and the results are actually pretty interesting.
It surprisingly has enough bulk to set up barriers on most physical attackers, including Bisharp and Azumarill.
However, it's Calm Mind boosted special defense is surprisingly less effective and many special attackers still leave it in a tight spot. This is assuming it's at full health, to. It's gonna have a hard time swapping in on basically anything, really.
It also gets hard walled by Dark types(making its ability to surprise set up on non-swords dance Bisharp redundant).
In practice, I'm just not sure if it's terrible defenses will be enough to make it work reliably.

Instead, I'd recommend Latias. She doesn't have barrier, but she did use to have a set utilizing Calm Mind + Reflect back in Gen 5. Alternatively, you could use Calm Mind + Substitute.
Both of these sets lost some viability no thanks to fairy types, however.

It is rather interesting, though. I was really shocked by how much Barrier does to fix its defense problem.
Hrm...but who here is the most seasoned in Smash? Any souls wanna post some w/l ratios? -w-
I'm not going to post win/loss ratios, but I do spend a lot of time practicing.
I've got an hour before school starts every morning but my bus comes here crazy early, so I usually just burn the time by playing Smash on 3DS. I've also recently become active on Smashboards, so I'm constantly learning some cool stuff to.

My ratio probably isn't so accurate anyway. Whenever I come across someone better then me on For Glory, I refuse to leave the room out of self pride and let myself keep getting slaughtered over and over again.

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
I suck at smash. Period.

Also, if my vote counts, I'll vote my MegaPedo set.

HoboJak

Unbroken
I'll vote for Cresselia, I really dislike HO so was between it and Sharpedo for me. Tough choice, buuuuut Cresselia's pretty cool.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
tbh, if Cress/MegaPedo win, I can easily see the other one being advocated for the next spot.

Arcos

Umbreon Master
Im Feeling Cresselia. And about Metals last post I still yet have to get smash bros for the 3DS lol

GJ with the war everyone! Good hustle; that's what I like to see.

Voting for Cress. [:

Status
Not open for further replies.