• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Veneno Oscuridad

Status
Not open for further replies.

guy gallade

#YourBoi
I respect the pawniard and all but i may or may not have a shiny 6 iv bisharp. sorry bout that.
EDIT: Btw, can you battle me tomorrow sometime?

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Rank?: Default
Opponents Serebii name?: BLUES
Win or Lose?: W
Score?: 1-0
Your current won battle total? 1
How did u feel about it?: Sub Tyranitar is life.

Opponents Serebii name?: woebegonenick
Score?: 5-0
Your current won battle total? 2
How did u feel about it?: The fight between those Jirachi was hilarious.

Opponents Serebii name?: woebegonenick
Score?: 5-0 or something
Your current won battle total? 3
How did u feel about it?: Deoxys-Speed is OP.

Oppnents Serebii name?: BLUES
Score?: 5-0
Your current won battle total? 4
How did u feel about it?: Weakness Policy Dragonite sweep.

I basically don't know Nick's current username.

Last edited:

AnakBaé

Rank?: Council
Score?: 3-0
Your current won battle total? God knows
How did u feel about it?: BW2 baby

Rank?: Council
Score?: 1-0
Your current won battle total? God knows
How did u feel about it?: Too real breh <3

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Oh guys, next CCAT shall be Standard OU again. I believe this is what most of us really only play, no? So it's what we all have the most exp in as a whole. So think of something you think would be cool, fun and ez to build around for this current meta.

Also, I know I said the next thing to giveaway will be "rare" but I think i'll save that one for later, actually after a few giveaways. The next thing to giveaway will be a standard OU staple. Reason being is well, it's a bit more popular and im already well on my way towards havin a bunch, so the "rare" one will be later.

Got all 3 Daycare spots in Omega Ruby and Y workin overtime! Also is it just me, or is the ladder system broken or something? It seems to have been like this for a few days...

Lugia-sama

Sagacity
Oh guys, next CCAT shall be Standard OU again. I believe this is what most of us really only play, no? So it's what we all have the most exp in as a whole. So think of something you think would be cool, fun and ez to build around for this current meta.

Also, I know I said the next thing to giveaway will be "rare" but I think i'll save that one for later, actually after a few giveaways. The next thing to giveaway will be a standard OU staple. Reason being is well, it's a bit more popular and im already well on my way towards havin a bunch, so the "rare" one will be later.

Got all 3 Daycare spots in Omega Ruby and Y workin overtime! Also is it just me, or is the ladder system broken or something? It seems to have been like this for a few days...

There are three Day Cares in ORAS? Wow those Ditto must be having a blast.
OU CCAT sounds gud

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Oppnents Serebii name?: Conquer Phoenix
Score?: 2-0
Your current won battle total? 5
How did u feel about it?: Plays with Tyranitar were too real.

Rank?: Default (rankup??)
Your current won battle total? 6
How did u feel about it?: The plays were real.

When will we get the next tour going?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Your current won battle total? 5
How did u feel about it?: Plays with Tyranitar were too real.

Rank?: Default (rankup??)
Your current won battle total? 6
How did u feel about it?: The plays were real.

When will we get the next tour going?

Anywhere from today to before this weekend!

Anywhere from today to before this weekend!

OR in 2 weeks so I can participate! [:

Welcome to all the new members btw. I'll be back in 2 weeks to destroy all of you! Remember to have fun!

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
OR in 2 weeks so I can participate! [:

Welcome to all the new members btw. I'll be back in 2 weeks to destroy all of you! Remember to have fun!

butbut
t-timely manner...

AIGHT

I'll be starting our new OU CCAT tonight or in the morning hours of tomorrow! It's quite simple as always. Just suggest an offensive Pokemon you think would be neat to build around and help out with a sweep or just the general destruction it can cause. Remember now, it has to be something that has a shot. No Belly Drum Mach Punch Magmar! I mean, that's not to say it doesnt have a shot...its just...yknow....

But yeah always go over this, but no harm in not goin over it, so sorry if it seems silly. I'll be sure to give this first round a good amount of days as usual. As always, be sure to give it a good description to better help us understand why you think your mon would be sick to play with in Standard OU.

Get your sets ready! I'll tell when you can post! Don't earlypost! If you gotta question, ask away.

~~~

OK

GO

Make your suggestion! What we'll build around is important so detail why you want this! Set and all.
Suggestions end on
October 17'th 12:00 PM GMT

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Nick is wrong we need Specs Sylveon. Anyways I think Sand Rush Excadrill is great.

excadrill.gif

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance / Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Sand Rush Excadrill is a really good mon in the current metagame, combining it's high attack stat and speed with Sand up, to act as a late game cleaner. This means we would need to run Hippowdon/Tyranitar to provide Sand, both of which share weaknesses with Excadrill, particularly Tyranitar. Aside from that though, Excadrill is a potent thread/You can send Excadrill in on a large amount of mons and get free turns to use Swords Dance or start breaking down opposing walls. A Spikes stacker is also appreciated to help break through mons that would otherwise check it, such as Ferrothorn and Tank Garchomp, as well as make it easier to clean up. Standard Rotom-W will absolutely manhandle Excadrill since we aren't running Mold Breaker, so we need an answer to that as well. The moves are pretty standard, although the choice between Swords Dance and Rapid Spin is ultimately going to depend on our teammates. Air Balloon acts as a nice way to take out Garchomp/Landorus-T without fearing an Earthquake, as well as shut down Hippowdon that aren't running Rock Slide to break the balloon. Life Orb is another option, however if we choose to use Swords Dance it is not needed.

Last edited:

BLUES.

Something else
I would like to nominate my favorite mon:

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 4 def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt/Sludge Wave/ icy wind

Substitute helps when you force a switch, hit the switch in with a coverage move and proceed. Pretty self explanatory

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
photo-102510.gif

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Pursuit
- Zen Headbutt

THE BEAST INCARNATE.
BRRRRROCK LLLLLLES get started on the description.
Metagross-Mega is an absolute force to be reckoned with, as everyone knows! With Metagross' base forms' defenses, it does not have a very hard time findin an opportunity to mega as frailer megas do. After mega evolution, it's physical defense becomes daunting as even things such as strictly defensive Landorus-T's EQ and Jolly non-LO Talonflames Flare Blitz fail to OHKO from full and we can kill back with Zen Headbutt. His naturally high Attack means that no matter what form it's in, it'll do quite a bit to pretty much anythin it hits neutrally. For example, with Zen Headbutt, on standard defensive Rotom, in its Mega form, after rocks, It has a very real chance to 2HKO 212/252/44 Spe Rotom-W in conjunction with the Tough Claws boost his Mega gives. Obviously thats a lotta commas but its a lot simpler in practice. ^^ Meteor Mash is very much so the standard for Metagross as the power it provides is very good as is the chance to boost his already scary attack stat. Hammer Arm is there to hit common Steels such as Heatran, Ferrothorn, and even Skarmory in a 1v1 scenario. The last slot can mean a lot for Metagross though. I chose Pursuit because I thought it'd be fun to build around mostly, but specifically, it's a 100% accurate move and that can be used to trap especially prevalent and dangerous things such as Lati@s, Gengar, Alakazam, and things that're locked into moves that can't quite hurt us much to get damage on them for our other teammates. As mentioned before, his pre-Mega form isn't too bad either as Clear Body stops intimidates from taking effect so we can get the full damage on switch ins such as Lando-T and Mega Mane. The immense offensive pressure it lays down simply from bein on the field is very noticeable as it almost always forces a switch for Pursuit to take advantage of. All in all, Metagross-Mega is a Pokemon used to rip and tear holes in the opposing team either for it to finish the job itself then and there or for teammates to finish it for him. Lastly, his speed is pretty good after Mega. Tying with Jolly Breloom at 70 base before Mega and then tying or even surpassing Latios with 110 base should they run HP Fire after Mega isn't too shabby.

There are things that trouble em though, checks with hard hitting SE attack such as Manectrics Overheat and Talonflames CB Flare Blitz can spell doom for this dude even with his Mega's impressive 80/150/110 defenses. And then there's the things that can take a hit and retaliate back with set ups or statuses, such as bulky Scizor-Mega who can comfortably set up with Roosts and SD should we not have a boost and Manaphy who can fish for Scald burns or generally wear us down or even generally annoying things like Klefki and Thundurus-T. Things like these are the things we'd best watch out for. All in all, Metagross-Megas pretty spectacular in the meta when it comes to just punchin holes an would be a fine mega to base a team around.

np4vgXO.png

credits to AnakBaé
VO OU Tourna
literally
CLICK HERE

Last edited:

Zachmac

I feel horrible for neglecting the guild. I haven't really been playing competitive Pokemon lately, and I don't think I will anytime soon. Maybe I'll hop back into it around the time Pokemon Z comes around. Maybe. I'd quit, but...I don't have the heart to go guildless. I'm really sentimental when it comes to guilds, mostly because of how much I loved the Battling Academy back in the day. I just can't leave.

I was thinking, though...I've got around two hours and a half every school day with no internet and nothing to do. But I also just got a new smartphone, and I downloaded and IV caculator app. I don't have any motivation to do any breeding projects for myself, but I'm thinking I may be motivated if I'm doing a request for someone else.

I just want to feel like I'm contributing again. If anyone has anything they'd like me to breed a 5V Pokemon for them, go ahead and VM or PM me. I can even EV train it for you as well, while I'm at it. I won't even ask for anything in return. It's for the guild, after all.

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I feel horrible for neglecting the guild. I haven't really been playing competitive Pokemon lately, and I don't think I will anytime soon. Maybe I'll hop back into it around the time Pokemon Z comes around. Maybe. I'd quit, but...I don't have the heart to go guildless. I'm really sentimental when it comes to guilds, mostly because of how much I loved the Battling Academy back in the day. I just can't leave.

I was thinking, though...I've got around two hours and a half every school day with no internet and nothing to do. But I also just got a new smartphone, and I downloaded and IV caculator app. I don't have any motivation to do any breeding projects for myself, but I'm thinking I may be motivated if I'm doing a request for someone else.

I just want to feel like I'm contributing again. If anyone has anything they'd like me to breed a 5V Pokemon for them, go ahead and VM or PM me. I can even EV train it for you as well, while I'm at it. I won't even ask for anything in return. It's for the guild, after all.

Thank you so much for stickin about, Zach. We know you got a lot on your plate though, so really, it's fine. You're a fantastic member. Just a vote or two and letting us know how you're doin should be enough. They have an IV caluclator app though? You kiddos and ur new age tech r crazy!

As for your offer, im sure there are a few of us here and there that are more then happy to accept! Though if you're ever in need of something that we can help with, let us know and keep it easy.

~~~

shiny_excadrill_global_link_art_by_trainerparshen-d70oski.png

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance / Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Sand Rush Excadrill is a really good mon in the current metagame, combining it's high attack stat and speed with Sand up, to act as a late game cleaner. This means we would need to run Hippowdon/Tyranitar to provide Sand, both of which share weaknesses with Excadrill, particularly Tyranitar. Aside from that though, Excadrill is a potent thread/You can send Excadrill in on a large amount of mons and get free turns to use Swords Dance or start breaking down opposing walls. A Spikes stacker is also appreciated to help break through mons that would otherwise check it, such as Ferrothorn and Tank Garchomp, as well as make it easier to clean up. Standard Rotom-W will absolutely manhandle Excadrill since we aren't running Mold Breaker, so we need an answer to that as well. The moves are pretty standard, although the choice between Swords Dance and Rapid Spin is ultimately going to depend on our teammates. Air Balloon acts as a nice way to take out Garchomp/Landorus-T without fearing an Earthquake, as well as shut down Hippowdon that aren't running Rock Slide to break the balloon. Life Orb is another option, however if we choose to use Swords Dance it is not needed.

094.png

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 4 def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt/Sludge Wave/ icy wind

Substitute helps when you force a switch, hit the switch in with a coverage move and proceed. Pretty self explanatory

shiny_metagross_global_link_art_by_trainerparshen-d6u5tqu.png

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Pursuit
- Zen Headbutt

THE BEAST INCARNATE.
BRRRRROCK LLLLLLES get started on the description.
Metagross-Mega is an absolute force to be reckoned with, as everyone knows! With Metagross' base forms' defenses, it does not have a very hard time findin an opportunity to mega as frailer megas do. After mega evolution, it's physical defense becomes daunting as even things such as strictly defensive Landorus-T's EQ and Jolly non-LO Talonflames Flare Blitz fail to OHKO from full and we can kill back with Zen Headbutt. His naturally high Attack means that no matter what form it's in, it'll do quite a bit to pretty much anythin it hits neutrally. For example, with Zen Headbutt, on standard defensive Rotom, in its Mega form, after rocks, It has a very real chance to 2HKO 212/252/44 Spe Rotom-W in conjunction with the Tough Claws boost his Mega gives. Obviously thats a lotta commas but its a lot simpler in practice. ^^ Meteor Mash is very much so the standard for Metagross as the power it provides is very good as is the chance to boost his already scary attack stat. Hammer Arm is there to hit common Steels such as Heatran, Ferrothorn, and even Skarmory in a 1v1 scenario. The last slot can mean a lot for Metagross though. I chose Pursuit because I thought it'd be fun to build around mostly, but specifically, it's a 100% accurate move and that can be used to trap especially prevalent and dangerous things such as Lati@s, Gengar, Alakazam, and things that're locked into moves that can't quite hurt us much to get damage on them for our other teammates. As mentioned before, his pre-Mega form isn't too bad either as Clear Body stops intimidates from taking effect so we can get the full damage on switch ins such as Lando-T and Mega Mane. The immense offensive pressure it lays down simply from bein on the field is very noticeable as it almost always forces a switch for Pursuit to take advantage of. All in all, Metagross-Mega is a Pokemon used to rip and tear holes in the opposing team either for it to finish the job itself then and there or for teammates to finish it for him. Lastly, his speed is pretty good after Mega. Tying with Jolly Breloom at 70 base before Mega and then tying or even surpassing Latios with 110 base should they run HP Fire after Mega isn't too shabby.

There are things that trouble em though, checks with hard hitting SE attack such as Manectrics Overheat and Talonflames CB Flare Blitz can spell doom for this dude even with his Mega's impressive 80/150/110 defenses. And then there's the things that can take a hit and retaliate back with set ups or statuses, such as bulky Scizor-Mega who can comfortably set up with Roosts and SD should we not have a boost and Manaphy who can fish for Scald burns or generally wear us down or even generally annoying things like Klefki and Thundurus-T. Things like these are the things we'd best watch out for. All in all, Metagross-Megas pretty spectacular in the meta when it comes to just punchin holes an would be a fine mega to base a team around.

OIOIOI

Okay! Here they are, the nominees! All fantastic, but only one of these 3 will be the mon we center our next CCAT around! All three are powerhouses and all three would be fine to build around, BUT in the end, it's by your word that dictates the direction we go, so put it in and vote!

Voting for our first main CCAT mon shall end on
October 21'st 12:00 AM GMT

Arcos

Umbreon Master
Hey everyone!! I am super sorry about not being active at all :( College applications are no fun and are time consuming. I'll try my best to be active :) I'm voting for Mega Metagross because I have always loved using it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.